PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sweeny, Stafford, West Columbia, Houston Kipp

1971Coogs
08-25-2013, 01:03 PM
An open invitation to join us at www.coogsports.net.

We are in the same district, it only makes sense for us to compare and share our thoughts during the upcoming season.
If you have videos you would like to be shown, I will glady post them up on Coogs Sports Net. Any stats....yes sir, I love to crunch the numbers.

Let me know if you have any problems logging in....it's a piece of cake. I purchased new forum software earlier in the summer and the website is running like a well oiled machine.

Come on....I look forward to seeing you there

Mike Lockwood

JBulldawg
08-25-2013, 02:08 PM

We are in the same district, it only makes sense for us to compare and share our thoughts during the upcoming season.
If you have videos you would like to be shown, I will glady post them up on Coogs Sports Net. Any stats....yes sir, I love to crunch the numbers.

Let me know if you have any problems logging in....it's a piece of cake. I purchased new forum software earlier in the summer and the website is running like a well oiled machine.

Mike Lockwood

Could this be considered spam? Just asking.

Dub-C
08-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Could this be considered spam? Just asking.

Mike Lockwood

I'm already a member of coogsportsnet. That's a great ideal. IMO THE TOP FOUR TEAMS IN THIS DISTRICT ARE GOING TO MAKE ALOT OF NOISE COME PLAYOFF TIME.

Saggy Aggie
08-25-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm already a member of coogsportsnet. That's a great ideal. IMO THE TOP FOUR TEAMS IN THIS DISTRICT ARE GOING TO MAKE ALOT OF NOISE COME PLAYOFF TIME.

Stafford make noise????

1971Coogs
08-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Could this be considered spam? Just asking.Why would you think that...curious? I'm just trying to give District 24-3A a home of it's own to talk amongst ourselves. Sorry if you took it that way.

1971Coogs
08-25-2013, 04:21 PM
thanks....at least you viewed the invitation as not spam.

JBulldawg
08-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Why would you think that...curious? I'm just trying to give District 24-3A a home of it's own to talk amongst ourselves. Sorry if you took it that way.

What's wrong with having that talk here?

Isn't your invite a way of taking traffic away from this site?

cougartino
08-25-2013, 04:58 PM
What's wrong with having that talk here?

Isn't your invite a way of taking traffic away from this site?

Why not both? I saw another thread that mentioned a new football message board. I wouldn't want this site to talk exclusively 24-3A or any other district. The more sites the merrier! IMO

JBulldawg
08-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Why not both? I saw another thread that mentioned a new football message board. I wouldn't want this site to talk exclusively 24-3A or any other district. The more sites the merrier! IMO

I wondered if that thread was spam too.

I have no problem with having other messageboards. Just seems that it is unprofessional to invite others to a messageboard on another messageboard. Particularly one that has like traffic.

cougartino
08-25-2013, 05:26 PM

I have no problem with having other messageboards. Just seems that it is unprofessional to invite others to a messageboard on another messageboard. Particularly one that has like traffic.

If folks hadn't come on coogsports.net to invite us here, we would have never heard about it. Truth is, there are a lot of folks on coogsports.net who have been kicked off other sites (one in particular I won't mention).

SHSBulldog00
08-25-2013, 05:32 PM
It'll be nice to meet some of you Cougar faithful this season. I couldn't make it last year.

cougartino
08-25-2013, 05:39 PM
It'll be nice to meet some of you Cougar faithful this season. I couldn't make it last year.

Looking forward to coming on down!

1971Coogs
08-25-2013, 06:19 PM

I have no problem with having other messageboards. Just seems that it is unprofessional to invite others to a messageboard on another messageboard. Particularly one that has like traffic.Whatever...I'm about as professional as it comes in regards to respecting other people's opinions. Sorry you feel that way. Let's just say I offered and if others feel the same way...no problem. I enjoy the chatter on this website and as mentioned by Cougartino, if we hadn't have been invited by some of this site's members over on the Coogs Sports Net website, we might not have known about 3A Downlow. I will say this...the chatter on Coogs Sports Net will be more "refined" to District 24-3A which for some, would be much easier to keep up with in regards to conversations.
But as the Administrator, who pays the bills for Coogs Sports Net including server fees, software updates, TV access fees, Youtube storage fees, Google Drive storage fees, maintenance fees, camermen contracts, etc I will respect the decision of the Admins of this website to remove this thread if they truly feel this is a spam solicitation. :)

1971Coogs
08-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Yes sir, I'm sure some of the Cougar faithful will want to know the recommended restaraunt or watering hole in your fair city.

pancho villa
08-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Whatever...I'm about as professional as it comes in regards to respecting other people's opinions. Sorry you feel that way. Let's just say I offered and if others feel the same way...no problem. I enjoy the chatter on this website and as mentioned by Cougartino, if we hadn't have been invited by some of this site's members over on the Coogs Sports Net website, we might not have known about 3A Downlow. I will say this...the chatter on Coogs Sports Net will be more "refined" to District 24-3A which for some, would be much easier to keep up with in regards to conversations.
But as the Administrator, who pays the bills for Coogs Sports Net including server fees, software updates, TV access fees, Youtube storage fees, Google Drive storage fees, maintenance fees, camermen contracts, etc I will respect the decision of the Admins of this website to remove this thread if they truly feel this is a spam solicitation. :)

Thanks for the info. Just joined your site.

1971Coogs
08-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Just joined your site.Excellent

SHSBulldog00
08-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes sir, I'm sure some of the Cougar faithful will want to know the recommended restaraunt or watering hole in your fair city.

In Sweeny it would probably be the Bulldog Cafe. We have a couple of places to get BBQ but I like the Bulldog Cafe more.

cougartino
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM
In Sweeny it would probably be the Bulldog Cafe. We have a couple of places to get BBQ but I like the Bulldog Cafe more.

The 50 Yard Line Loudmouths will be there!

1971Coogs
08-27-2013, 06:50 AM

I wonder why they call it the Bulldog Cafe ?

1971Coogs
08-27-2013, 06:51 AM
The 50 Yard Line Loudmouths will be there!
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSRsG-flLF1eldlWlVZvxN1i1nXxNbYex3cmVhwwkLEEuPH6rHVQ

1971Coogs
08-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Hey Necked don't forget to install your Avatar on Coogs Sports Net....we wouldn't want you to be posting up naked :ack!:

Hater
08-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Stafford make noise????

Why not? They won a playoff game last year and gave Silsbee all they wanted in the second round.. Returning a pretty good RB too.

pancho villa
08-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Eat in West Columbia when you play in Sweeny or West Columbia. Lucy's(Mexican) salsa is mana from heaven. Baytown seafood (pad tai and catfish are great)

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Why not? They won a playoff game last year and gave Silsbee all they wanted in the second round.. Returning a pretty good RB too.
They beat an inner city Houston school and lost to Silsbee, who wasn't that great..... By 4 scores....

It's stafford. They're not going anywhere. They will beat whichever HISD school they play and that's it.

JBulldawg
08-27-2013, 09:43 AM

Score was 45-21. I was told Silsbee led the entire game and Stafford scored late against Silsbee's 2nd team defense to make it a 24 point game. I understand that this game was not close.

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2013, 09:47 AM

I would agree if this were, let's say McDonald's using Burger King's website for promotion, in which it's not. As a matter of fact, www.3adowlow.com even gives a list of links of other high school websites, forums, etc on it's homepage...

cougartino
08-27-2013, 10:14 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSRsG-flLF1eldlWlVZvxN1i1nXxNbYex3cmVhwwkLEEuPH6rHVQ

Looks familiar!

Hater
08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Score was 45-21. I was told Silsbee led the entire game and Stafford scored late against Silsbee's 2nd team defense to make it a 24 point game. I understand that this game was not close.

I heard it was close and then got ugly in the 2nd half. Guess we heard different, oh well.

pancho villa
08-27-2013, 11:09 AM
I heard it was close and then got ugly in the 2nd half. Guess we heard different, oh well.

Don't apologize to these slapnuts!!!

Hater
08-27-2013, 11:15 AM
They beat an inner city Houston school and lost to Silsbee, who wasn't that great..... By 4 scores....

It's stafford. They're not going anywhere. They will beat whichever HISD school they play and that's it.

Go away.

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Go away.

Just keepin it real

Hater
08-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Just keepin it real

I bet you like fruit in your beer, like poncho..

JBulldawg
08-27-2013, 01:02 PM

Looked at boxscore. Silsbee led 21-7 end of 1st, 35-7 at half, 38-7 end of 3rd, 45-14 with 4 minutes left in game.

When was it close?

Saggy Aggie
08-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Looked at boxscore. Silsbee led 21-7 end of 1st, 35-7 at half, 38-7 end of 3rd, 45-14 with 4 minutes left in game.

When was it close?

Lol, and then Silsbee lost even worse the next week... But apparently stafford is gonna make noise this year. The same stafford that never won a district game for about 10 years probably

cougartino
08-27-2013, 02:42 PM
To those from Sweeny and West Columbia, please tell me your stadiums have chili-cheese nachos and peppers.

Roughneck93
08-27-2013, 04:06 PM
To those from Sweeny and West Columbia, please tell me your stadiums have chili-cheese nachos and peppers.

:2thumbsup

cougartino
08-27-2013, 04:12 PM

Yes!
Folks at Lamar Consolidated got an ear full from me last year. No nachos at a high school football game is like a sports bar with no beer.

SHSBulldog00
08-27-2013, 07:43 PM

:ditto:

cougartino
08-27-2013, 08:12 PM
:ditto:

My day has gone swell!

1971Coogs
08-29-2013, 06:59 AM
I would agree if this were, let's say McDonald's using Burger King's website for promotion, in which it's not. As a matter of fact, www.3adowlow.com (http://www.3adowlow.com) even gives a list of links of other high school websites, forums, etc on it's homepage...thank you sir....as I'm entering my second year on this site, I've always noticed you have been a class act and your posts indicate such.

1971Coogs
08-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Oh and by the way....thank you to those who have joined Coogs Sports Net website. As I mentioned to you in the welcome thread I created, I look forward to posting up stats, videos, articles, bios, etc of anything related to District 24 - 3A though out the season. :clap:

87coog
08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
I would agree if this were, let's say McDonald's using Burger King's website for promotion, in which it's not. As a matter of fact, www.3adowlow.com even gives a list of links of other high school websites, forums, etc on it's homepage...

thank you and good luck to you guys this year!

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2013, 09:21 AM
thank you sir....as I'm entering my second year on this site, I've always noticed you have been a class act and your posts indicate such.

Thanks. The same can be said about yourself..

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2013, 09:22 AM
thank you and good luck to you guys this year!

Thanks 87coog. Good Luck to the Coogs as well. I'm glad that we won't have to deal with you guys come playoffs. :cheerl:

87coog
08-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks 87coog. Good Luck to the Coogs as well. I'm glad that we won't have to deal with you guys come playoffs. :cheerl:
You know I have mixed feelings, revenge always comes at a risk (lol). La Marque from what I can see will need a month to gel but upfront the size and speed is off the charts as opposed to last year.

HEMOTOXIC
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM
You know I have mixed feelings, revenge always comes at a risk (lol). La Marque from what I can see will need a month to gel but upfront the size and speed is off the charts as opposed to last year.

I will be driving to Navasota tomorrow. I will have a better idea of what we should expect from the Rattlers.
From what I've heard, the defense is looking really good. There is a qb "controversy" between a sophomore and a junior. From what I've read, a decision may not be made until game time.

In our two scrimmages, we looked really good against Sealy winning 6-1 or 7-1 depending on who you ask. In the scrimmage against Montgomery, the defense played very well and the offense not so much.. We outscored the Bears 3-1. Overall, I think by district, Navasota will be on course to do well in the playoffs.

SHSBulldog00
08-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the invite.

1971Coogs
08-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the invite.Yes sir...pass the word. We should have a good time this year with our personal district 24-3A chatter over at Coogs Sports Net. But I will always come here for the big picture. This site is first class, and I've been a member of quite a few.