PDA

View Full Version : Columbus @ Yoakum

Dog_e_styl
08-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Season opener, who ya got?

Dog_e_styl
08-24-2013, 06:47 PM
If a mod is viewing in, can you please correct my spelling on this thread/poll question please? I mis-spelled Yoakum (where I have the schools listed for a vote). Would not allow me to edit it either. Thank you, and enjoy the downlow. I need to get 100 post's before I can vote? Is this correct? Least that's what YT told me. If so, I need to get busy. LOL.

Dog_e_styl
08-24-2013, 06:49 PM
1/3 the way there I see.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Dog, your first poll, and ya screwed it up.

44INAROW
08-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Is there a poll? I can't see one but I am on my iPad and it Has a mind of its own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

44INAROW
08-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Having issues with viewing on my iPad. I found the poll but had to click a button. I will try to fix Monday at work if its not done by then... Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pudlugger
08-25-2013, 02:04 PM
We'll be watching this game closely as the Leps have both teams on their dance card this year. With the new Cardinal Coach Valastro it will be especially interesting to see how he exploits the talented young men in red. For 10 years at LG Coach V had the veer offense fine tuned to get the most out of his players. Nowadays the no huddle spread type offense dominates in high school football with the option somewhat of an anachronism. That is not to say that old school does not work in the new millennium. Just look at the slot T offenses sprouting up all over Texas. I think we shall see a very physical Cardinal offense running right at the Bull Dogs Friday night. With the young Bull Dog offense much will be riding on the shoulders of their athletic qb Tre Heights and an inexperienced but tenacious o line. I'll go with Yoakum in a 7 point game primarily because a new program takes a little time to gel.

jrhernandez7
08-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Will Yoakum go with the athletic Heights at qb exclusively, or use a dual system with Hermes?

Yoakum comes in with high expectations this season. & The Cards always have speed to make things interesting.

This Should be a great game! I'll be on the lookout for this games stat lines.

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Will Yoakum go with the athletic Heights at qb exclusively, or use a dual system with Hermes?

Yoakum comes in with high expectations this season. & The Cards always have speed to make things interesting.

This Should be a great game! I'll be on the lookout for this games stat lines.

Yoakum will use dual QB's.

BigGreen61
08-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Iam going with Yoakum by 6 why dual? put ur best on the field nuff said

Blue42
08-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Man I made a mistake and voted for Columbus because I didn’t know who Yoaukum was can I recall my vote I’ll take Yoakum by 3

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Man I made a mistake and voted for Columbus because I didn’t know who Yoaukum was can I recall my vote I’ll take Yoakum by 3

LOL. He asked for the mod's help in correcting it. Guess they can't any longer fix booboo's. Dog needs a spell checker. It will be a game that can go either way I think. I nailed last years score right on the money. I'll post my take on Weds again this year.

Snotbubbles
08-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Yoakum HFA, 9-6 Bulldogs.

bd62
08-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Yoakum in a close one like last yr. got to get the ball to T heights cus he can take it to house on any play. Also have a couple of fast running back.
Columbus has a stud in Caldwell but one guy can be slow some but if he breaks if over. I just think Yoakum has more skill people overall than Columbus.

Blue42
08-26-2013, 12:22 AM
LOL. He asked for the mod's help in correcting it. Guess they can't any longer fix booboo's. Dog needs a spell checker. It will be a game that can go either way I think. I nailed last years score right on the money. I'll post my take on Weds again this year.

Man I'm the wrong person to make fun of spelling I have spell checker and I misspell the words so bad spell checker pulls the Fred Sanford out on me and says what the heck do you mean you Big Dummy.

Gontex
08-26-2013, 03:14 AM
We'll be watching this game closely as the Leps have both teams on their dance card this year. With the new Cardinal Coach Valastro it will be especially interesting to see how he exploits the talented young men in red. For 10 years at LG Coach V had the veer offense fine tuned to get the most out of his players. Nowadays the no huddle spread type offense dominates in high school football with the option somewhat of an anachronism. That is not to say that old school does not work in the new millennium. Just look at the slot T offenses sprouting up all over Texas. I think we shall see a very physical Cardinal offense running right at the Bull Dogs Friday night. With the young Bull Dog offense much will be riding on the shoulders of their athletic qb Tre Heights and an inexperienced but tenacious o line. I'll go with Yoakum in a 7 point game primarily because a new program takes a little time to gel.

Did Valastro coach at LG before going to Galveston Ball? Seem to remember that he did.

Pudlugger
08-26-2013, 06:04 AM
He was at LG from 94-2003 then East Chambers through 2008 and Ball 2009-2012.

buff4ever
08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
what happened with the columbus/gonzales scrimmage. Was there some drama there, and was it from the dirty birds? Rumor mill says scrimmage was cut short.

Snotbubbles
08-26-2013, 03:31 PM
what happened with the columbus/gonzales scrimmage. Was there some drama there, and was it from the dirty birds? Rumor mill says scrimmage was cut short.

What's sup over there in Gonsalez Gontex? They always try to keep things hush, hoping it don't get out. It always does Pache faithful. Was wondering why they were not mentioning the scrimmage? Plus, wouldn't be Gonsalez without some type of drama.:eek:

YTBulldogs
08-26-2013, 03:39 PM
What's sup over there in Gonsalez Gontex? They always try to keep things hush, hoping it don't get out. It always does Pache faithful. Was wondering why they were not mentioning the scrimmage? Plus, wouldn't be Gonsalez without some type of drama.:eek:

Columbus I would not put it past them, GZ, don't see this from them. But, I have no clue what went down. Odd they are quite though. Gontex normally tell's it like it is, and I'm sure he'll inform us what happened. Snot, ya'll have issue with GZ in ya'lls games or something. Pretty respectful when we clash.

speedbump
08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Yoakum HFA, 9-6 Bulldogs.

If Columbus holds anyone to 9 points they will win by 30. You must be expecting a monsoon of some sort.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 08:50 AM

Spoke with a GZ parent, who's son has been a 3 yr starter on that aggressive big GZ OL, that a couple of Columbus DL'ers were repeatedly pancaked by that massive Apache OL, and they didn't like it too much and wanted to chicken fight after a handful of these pancakes. Nothing major he said. He said GZ got their work in, and are ready for the season.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 09:11 AM
Hopefully, we can finely take to the practice field this week for the first time, today? But, sure was nice getting all that rain.

pacdaddy
08-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Spoke with a GZ parent, who's son has been a 3 yr starter on that aggressive big GZ OL, that a couple of Columbus DL'ers were repeatedly pancaked by that massive Apache OL, and they didn't like it too much and wanted to chicken fight after a handful of these pancakes. Nothing major he said. He said GZ got their work in, and are ready for the season.

Yes sir, we are ready for the season. YT, when the dogs play Columbus tell them watch out for all of the face-masking that those boys in red love to do. I thought a couple of times some of our players necks were going to be broken.:dispntd:

pacdaddy
08-28-2013, 10:32 AM

We don't try to keep everything hush hush!:crazy: We have a secret.:evilgrin: Ha, Ha, Ha we are all vampires and will suck the life out of every team that comes here.:eek: So, be ware of the tribe!

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes sir, we are ready for the season. YT, when the dogs play Columbus tell them watch out for all of the face-masking that those boys in red love to do. I thought a couple of times some of our players necks were going to be broken.:dispntd:

That's normal stuff over there p'daddy. Be prepared for anything and head's on a swivel. Good luck to my friends in Apacheland. I see a big blow out opener for ya'll against a really down VE club. I see all the backups getting some PT in this lopsided game.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Ok, it's my weekly pick time on the Dogs. Totally focused it appears after the Refugio ass whoop'n.

Yoakum 30
Columbus 15

Last 3 Dog wins in a row have been decided by 6 total points. Columbus holds a 9-6-1 overall edge.

YTBulldogs
08-29-2013, 12:37 AM
My Yoakum Key's to the Game vs. Cardinals:

--Fullback play (GATA!!! Gilbert) If he get's it down, big boost for the season IMO. Has not played HS ball before. Gotta root for him.:cheerl: Good story.
--Maintaining blocks by OL, more aggressiveness by OL, DL (need passion)
--Secondary coverage
--Routine pass completions on screens (QB's and WR's)

Cardinals have some talent for sure. Can they get that extra crap they like to do, out of their head, is the question? RB Royce Caldwell with his 4.4 speed will go to the house in a heartbeat. QB Tyson Simcik, (4.7) can sling it with the best. Last year, he had almost 3,000 yards and 33 TD's. With the mid-line speed option being used some this year under Coach Valastro, he'll be more of a force to contend with, adding more run's in the mix. Columbus returns 7/7 starters from last year.

Series in review:

2012: Yoakum 27-25
2011: Yoakum 19-16
2010: Yoakum 7-6
2009: Columbus 36-29
2008: Columbus 28-16
2007: Columbus 39-0
2006: Yoakum 7-0
2005: Yoakum 30-0
1991: Columbus 30-6
1990: Columbus 22-0
1985: Columbus 26-14
1984: Columbus 40-6
1981: Columbus 27-18
1980: Yoakum 16-0
1979: Tie 14-14
1978: Columbus 15-14

Overall: Columbus leads 9-6-1

YTBulldogs
08-29-2013, 12:41 AM
BD, long snaps looked much better today. None rolled back to punter.:ack!: Hopefully we will not need to punt?;)

bd62
08-29-2013, 01:45 AM
BD, long snaps looked much better today. None rolled back to punter.:ack!: Hopefully we will not need to punt?;)

Are you officiating a game this week. I look for a very close game
Friday Nite. Plan on being there since Cuero out of town.
Checking out Victoria West Thursday nite. Cuero got them at home
Next week.

Pudlugger
08-29-2013, 03:26 AM
YT I'm pulling for your Bulldogs in this one. I think this game will tell a lot about the relative strength of these two districts as both are dark horse contenders in D25 and D26. Plenty of talent and good coaching on both sides of the field to make this game really interesting. Good luck and have an injury free slobberknocker game.

Manso/V8
08-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Stuff like that is why they are known as the dirty birds.

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Stuff like that is why they are known as the dirty birds.

That is most likely why Coach Sines is gone, now coach V is there so we shall what happens with him.

Scoop27
08-30-2013, 10:20 AM
www.kulmradio.com

teetle
08-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Theys weres de dirtys birds longs before Coaches Sines wases theres. Jimmie he bes gones tooes. :eek::weeping::weeping::weeping: