PDA

View Full Version : Lampasas @ Smithville

jrhernandez7
08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Game week is here, & I am anxious to see how my Tigers come out the gate. Smithville is a young team & must play discipline, assignment football to counter the Lampasas slot-t running attack.
I honestly do not know what to expect out of this game, but I know what I want to see out of my Tigers.
I want to see enthusiasm, excitement & emotion. offensively Blocking until the whistle, low pad level & movement up front. Defensively, I want 11 hats flying to the ball playing like the "black swarm" we have seen the past couple of years.
If Smithville does these things, I feel we will be alright when the games count most. It's all about growing as a team these first 5 games. I am hoping to start this journey with a win, & pick up much needed momentum.

Prediction
SV 28 Lampasas 21

hookandladder
08-28-2013, 12:48 PM
I talked to a friend this week in Smithville, he said numbers are real low this year on players. Only 60 players total , 30 on Varsity and 30 on JV . I would assume no Freshman team , I knew the last 2 Senior clasess were the real athletic classes but to be down to 60 players. That is not good.

Cam
08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
I talked to a friend this week in Smithville, he said numbers are real low this year on players. Only 60 players total , 30 on Varsity and 30 on JV . I would assume no Freshman team , I knew the last 2 Senior clasess were the real athletic classes but to be down to 60 players. That is not good.

Wish I knew more about Lampasas....not heard a peep from them........

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Any upgrades to field Jr? Is the pylon in SE endzone, still on track? And, is there still a 2 foot difference from each crossbar?

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Smithville always has lower numbers than every other team. It's nothing the Tigers are not use to. Yes, we don't have many horses in the stable. But we do have a couple thoroughbreds, capable of winning the triple crown! ;)
yes those #s are a concern. But Here's a number for y'all. 1, as in the # of times S'vill finished under .500 in the last 4 years.
3, the years in a row we can beat Giddings with a win this season. Something 5 years ago nobody in the state thought was possible.
We are building something here in Tiger-land, The culture is changing!
We might take some bumps early with are though non district slate. But no team in district 26 better sleep on this group when it counts.

hookandladder
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Smithville always has lower numbers than every other team. It's nothing the Tigers are not use to. Yes, we don't have many horses in the stable. But we do have a couple thoroughbreds, capable of winning the triple crown! ;)
yes those #s are a concern. But Here's a number for y'all. 1, as in the # of times S'vill finished under .500 in the last 4 years.
3, the years in a row we can beat Giddings with a win this season. Something 5 years ago nobody in the state thought was possible.
We are building something here in Tiger-land, The culture is changing!
We might take some bumps early with are though non district slate. But no team in district 26 better sleep on this group when it counts.

I guess time will tell but with those kind of numbers the 4th quarters are going to be tough on you guys come District time, you have to have backups on both sides of the ball. I see the future of Smithville football about what the baseball team did last year after the two solid Senior classes graduated, going down hill till you have a couple quality classes back to back. You definitely have one stud player on your team this year , so he should be able to win a few by himself.

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Yes time will only tell with this group. lucky for S'vill we are going to find out pretty quick how far we have to improve before district. The Tigers Play Marble Falls a week after LG. & Play Liberty Hill 2 weeks after Giddings.

I don't see the comparison to our baseball team. If anything, we are heading in the direction of our boys basketball programs. Lose all-district talent every year, but re-load & make the playoffs every year.
Still have a country mile to catch the lady tigers basketball program lol. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 03:00 PM
We are building something here in Tiger-land

Hope it's a new football field with even goal post crossbars at each end. Upgrading the lighting to make it brighter than Joe Bob's roping arena would be nice. The gravel removed from visitors sideline would be nice. Something other than the track to catch a TD on in the SE corner of the EZ. Some of that can be fixed just by giving a crap by the school and a little effort put forth. IE: removing the gravel from the field.

How does that place remain open? Can't be in safety compliance with the state.

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Hope Some of that can be fixed just by giving a crap by the school and a little effort put
Excuse me? Lol. Other than the stadium,which I like & find cozy. Because you know it is called home field ADVANTAGE. Smithville facilities rival the best in the district. The visitor Locker rooms are the best in the district at the football stadium, hands down! Top notch baseball & softball facilities. Excellent weight room & gymnasium at the high school. And the high school itself is fairly new & gorgeous. So saying we don't give a crap , Is well a bunch of crap

hookandladder
08-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes time will only tell with this group. lucky for S'vill we are going to find out pretty quick how far we have to improve before district. The Tigers Play Marble Falls a week after LG. & Play Liberty Hill 2 weeks after Giddings.

I don't see the comparison to our baseball team. If anything, we are heading in the direction of our boys basketball programs. Lose all-district talent every year, but re-load & make the playoffs every year.
Still have a country mile to catch the lady tigers basketball program lol. But Rome wasn't built in a day.

I will agree with you on the boys and girls basketball however other sports remain to be seen , baseball will not be any better then last year and I for sure do not see football anywhere close to as good as last year. The baseball and softball fields are decent but nowhere near top notch , football field is about like ours however our playing surface is in better shape for sure. One last note , will the football players continue to grab the opposing teams jewels. This has been going on for years, do they teach that kind of stuff.

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Excuse me? Lol. Other than the stadium,which I like & find cozy. Because you know it is called home field ADVANTAGE. Smithville facilities rival the best in the district. The visitor Locker rooms are the best in the district at the football stadium, hands down! Top notch baseball & softball facilities. Excellent weight room & gymnasium at the high school. And the high school itself is fairly new & gorgeous. So saying we don't give a crap , Is well a bunch of crap

I have no issue with HFA gimicks Jr. I do have issue with safety issues on the field. And, that's what I meant to imply when I stated they don't give a hoot.

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Well compared to LG new baseball facility it's not top notch. But when compared to Yoakum, Gonzales, Giddings and 90% of 3a it is.
AS for the low blows, you're in the wrong decade my amigo.

See I was pulling for y'all against MF too... Now not so much lol.

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Safety issues? Nah, seen & played many games on that field without EVER seeing a injury due to the playing conditions.
Injury because of low blow, idk you have to talk to hook about that one. Lol

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Safety issues? Nah, seen & played many games on that field without EVER seeing a injury due to the playing conditions.
Injury because of low blow, idk you have to talk to hook about that one. Lol

I've seen several ankles injuries. Some during warmups stepping on the gravel. And, that SE endzone, just a matter of time for a serious one to happen there. And, SISD has been forewarned. I'm waiting for a crew to refuse to call the game on that field. Then, safety issue's will be addressed IMO.

solocam
08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Badgers by17

jrhernandez7
08-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I've seen several ankles injuries. Some during warmups stepping on the gravel. And, that SE endzone, just a matter of time for a serious one to happen there. And, SISD has been forewarned. I'm waiting for a crew to refuse to call the game on that field. Then, safety issue's will be addressed IMO.

I run that track 5 times a week, & stretch on the side your mentioning. I'm calling hogwash! I don't know of any gravel you speak of. Not to mention I show up 2 hours before every game & have never seen such thing!

YTBulldogs
08-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I run that track 5 times a week, & stretch on the side your mentioning. I'm calling hogwash! I don't know of any gravel you speak of. Not to mention I show up 2 hours before every game & have never seen such thing!

Fine, whatever Jr. And, I'm thinking now your the one that does chains, and if so---I pointed the gravel and goal post's directly to you.

Rocket Dad
08-28-2013, 08:36 PM
The Badgers will be a solid 3a team this year, watched some film on them vs Waco Connally.

Cam
08-28-2013, 08:48 PM
The Badgers will be a solid 3a team this year, watched some film on them vs Waco Connally.

You could be right....there is no pushover team in District 8-3A!......What did you notice about them??

cookiemonster
08-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Lampasas has too much speed for the Tigers!! Lampasas is probably the most athletic team in their district! I can see them being a surprise team this season if they can play decent on the lines! look for the change at the top to pay off earlier than people think!

hookandladder
08-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Well compared to LG new baseball facility it's not top notch. But when compared to Yoakum, Gonzales, Giddings and 90% of 3a it is.
AS for the low blows, you're in the wrong decade my amigo.

See I was pulling for y'all against MF too... Now not so much lol.

Not low blows, grabbing of the lower jewels.

panfan
08-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Badgers by a TD - Smithville, if they have gained that disciplind Jr speaks of, will keep the game close. I still think Lampasas will take this one in the end. Good luck to both teams.