PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Lockhart Scrimmage Report?

Pudlugger
08-23-2013, 11:19 PM
I have been laid up and had to miss this scrimmage. Too bad 'cause we would have stopped at Black's for those huge short ribs beforehand. If anyone was there I'd appreciate an update.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Pud, your worrying me health wise. Sure hope you start feeling better bud? Have ya in prayer my friend. We need ya back in the stands soon. Boy, we got a whooping tonight by Refugio. I'd be shocked if the mighty Lep's didn't dominate the entire scrimmage against LH. They are pretty weak this year. Seen them when Cuero won, 3-0.

Pudlugger
08-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Pud, your worrying me health wise. Sure hope you start feeling better bud? Have ya in prayer my friend. We need ya back in the stands soon. Boy, we got a whooping tonight by Refugio. I'd be shocked if the mighty Lep's didn't dominate the entire scrimmage against LH. They are pretty weak this year. Seen them when Cuero won, 3-0.

I think the Leps only have a couple of posters left here on the Downlow. I remember when we lit up this board but now not so much. I guess I'll have to buy a newspaper LOL.

bd62
08-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I think the Leps only have a couple of posters left here on the Downlow. I remember when we lit up this board but now not so much. I guess I'll have to buy a newspaper LOL.

Hope u getting better.prayers here also. I been thru some tough
Health issues as YT knows but I doing great now. We need u cus you
Give good info without being arrogant which is what we need on this
Board.

Pudlugger
08-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks you guys. I'll be fine but I will be taking it easy for a few weeks. Just turned 67 and have a few miles on the odometer LOL.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Great news Pud. I trust you'll be back to "flowing" soon bud. :2thumbsup I too agree with bd, love your reliable eval's of your Leps. Not sure why things have to be spun sometimes in here. If you struggled, hell, you struggled. If ya played good, you played good. Yoakum, like last year--is a work in progress. Made a few positive strides, seen some backups excel. But--also declined a few step's in other area's from Bellville to Refugio.

Seen some JV'ers who very well might be up soon. That team is very talented and play hard. OL get's after it. And, has that nasty attitude needed up with some of the big Dogs. Hope they can show the older guys a thing on two?

FB-fanatic
08-24-2013, 05:28 PM
My son has been ging to Air It Out with QB Dillon Davis for at least four years and this a good kid with good mechanics. Got to visit with his dad at a Baylor mini camp last month. I wish LG well this year.

footballfine09
08-24-2013, 06:31 PM
La Grange will not do well against marble falls. Could be a long night for the leopards

Pudlugger
08-24-2013, 07:24 PM
La Grange will not do well against marble falls. Could be a long night for the leopards

OK tell us why. What do you know about either team?

speedbump
08-24-2013, 07:35 PM

If they can't beat MF it could be long season.

bd62
08-24-2013, 07:53 PM

That just great . The guy makes a comment like that
With no reasoning behind it. Usually these guys just disappear.
Give Pud a reason dude.

footballfine09
08-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Marble Falls has too many offensive weapons. Their defense is already better than last year. I watched them scrimmage Brownwood. No 3A team has a DB that can cover Garrett Gray. The young QB is good. He will not rattle like some his age. Dodge has that kid prepared. Not saying that they are ready for that tough district they are in but they will be more than La Grange can handle........again.

YTBulldogs
08-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Marble Falls has too many offensive weapons. Their defense is already better than last year. I watched them scrimmage Brownwood. No 3A team has a DB that can cover Garrett Gray. The young QB is good. He will not rattle like some his age. Dodge has that kid prepared. Not saying that they are ready for that tough district they are in but they will be more than La Grange can handle........again.

What did ya think when you seen LG play in their scrimmages ff?

footballfine09
08-24-2013, 10:30 PM
What did ya think when you seen LG play in their scrimmages ff?

Didn't see them. Just making a bold statement, but I'm usually right.

Tejastrue
08-24-2013, 10:36 PM
So are you a Billies fan..Marble Falls...both... or none of the above?

YTBulldogs
08-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Didn't see them. Just making a bold statement, but I'm usually right.

Awww, I see. You could be right. I have not seen either myself. So, I don't know. I think they will have periods of doing well though.

footballfine09
08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm just a high school football fan. I love an underdog

Pudlugger
08-25-2013, 06:23 AM

OK, we agree that MF has a great wr and I'll stipulate to the notion of the new soph qb being good. How that translates to "too many offensive weapons" I disagree. As to an improved defense, well with only 2 returning starters from a defense that gave up over 42 points per game last year, I just will shrug my shoulders and say that it is not all that difficult for the 2013 defense to be better than 2012. As for La Grange's offense you could say they have too many offensive weapons with their entire backfield with the exception of the qb returning. Not to mention their o line which returns all but center and includes a top 100 D1 recruit at tackle in #70 Ledwik. In my assessment the key to a Lep victory will be two things: an effective pass rush on defense and ball control on offense with an effective running game. The Leps have the talent to accomplish this so I do not think it will be a "long night". This will be a close game, probably decided by who is in possession of the football in the final 2 minutes.

footballfine09
08-25-2013, 08:50 AM
I guess we will see on Friday.

hookandladder
08-25-2013, 05:23 PM
I have not seen either team this year however I do see a close game unless we cannot slow down the Grey kid, he is definitely a game breaker when the ball is in his hands. For La Grange to win this game the offense will have to control the clock , also defense secondary will have to be ready to double team Grey. A big key on defense will be for them to put pressure on the QB, La Grange offense must not turn the ball over and limit the penalties. Leps will a close one , 38-35.