PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Prosper scrimmage thoughts

orange machine
08-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Good scrimmage for both teams, but since Prosper is 4a I wont speak much on them. Argyle has got one fast hard hitting defense and plays the run just about as good as any team I've seen. The pass rush is unbelievable and the qb doesn't have much time to throw the ball. Secondary appeared to be fast to the ball. If Argyle has a weakness on defense I didn't see it.

Offense they run the ball really good their running back is big, strong and is hard to bring down. The oline is not near as big as its been in the past, but like all Argyle olines they are good and block well. Prosper was able to get pressure on the qb some and when they did the qb would make some bad choices. Argyle has a very good offense with the running game being their strong point.

The only real negative things that I could find about Argyle is they play quiet a few players both ways those being their best ones. In saying that Argyle doesn't seem to have very much depth on the lines or at linebacker.

Overall Argyle is very good and they don't have many weaknesses. If they stay healthy they will make noise, but because of the lack of depth they can't afford to lose anybody.

Celina8
08-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Good Review OM! Argyle has a great Coaching Staff and they have become one of those programs that each year they just reload the talent. I would be willing to bet that they have a few young players that can be moved up if the need arises who they have a lot of confidence in. I do know that the big running back from last years team was only a Soph, and he ran through us like wet tissue paper.

orange machine
08-24-2013, 12:46 PM
In order to score on Argyle you better have a strong oline that plays great technique and can impose their will otherwise your not gonna be able to move the ball.