PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Class 3A Region I Pre-Season Elite Team

BullDawgDad
08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Congrats to all who made the selection!!! Special shout out to Derek Kiser -QB, Austin Huff - K/P and Kody Hall - LB from Burnet on their selection to the team!

http://texashsfootball.com/2013/08/22/2013-class-3a-region-i-pre-season-elite-team/

Bosqueville
08-22-2013, 08:57 PM
No Brownwood players on offense . Hmmmmm

regaleagle
08-22-2013, 10:40 PM
I'll take Ben Davis of Graham at qb over Stidham this season and Juwan Washington of Kennedale over Black of Shallowater. Just my personal picks, that's all. I have a feeling about these players and their previous performances. I know Black is a top RB, but Washington in the offense he's tied to (Slot-T) could be even better in a more open type offensive strategy, jmo. I'd guarantee you he'd gain tons of yards in our Argyle offense, lol.

regaleagle
08-22-2013, 10:57 PM
And while we're on the subject....Sam Sizelove(verbal to K-State) and Conner Wilson(also verbal to K-State) may be the best players at their positions this season in 3-A. They certainly didn't make All-State last season as juniors just for political correctness, lol. They put up the numbers, and Bill Snyder is no fool. These are the best two players on the Argyle defense, hands down... and would be the best player on any defense in 3A. They both are the real deal. Yes, I'm a homer...but I'm also very analytical about other players that are stellar at their positions. Check out their numbers, their size for the position, how they would fit into any major college team's program. These are 2 TOP QUALITY players that are sometimes overlooked by scouts of the largest or best colleges in deference to a 4A or 5A player. These 2 guys are a FORCE on the field, no question.

regaleagle
08-22-2013, 11:30 PM
But by no means am I denigrating those that have been selected to this special elite team. Congrats to every single one of them. There are many more players that also deserve special recognition, but only a limited number of positions are available to be filled, and those that do the voting have made their respective picks. Good luck to all the players in their pursuit of excellence on the field of glory.

BullDawgDad
08-23-2013, 12:05 AM
But by no means am I denigrating those that have been selected to this special elite team. Congrats to every single one of them. There are many more players that also deserve special recognition, but only a limited number of positions are available to be filled, and those that do the voting have made their respective picks. Good luck to all the players in their pursuit of excellence on the field of glory.

Hey Regaleagle here is link for 3A region2 all elite team. Argyle is well represented here.

http://texashsfootball.com/2013/08/22/2013-class-3a-region-ii-pre-season-elite-team/

TXfootballboi!
08-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Jarrett Stidham is the best QB in 3a and probably one of the best in the state of Texas! So thats my only disagreement with you taking that other QB

regaleagle
08-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Until Stidham proves it at the varsity level like Davis has with Graham, it's all conjecture. Now, after this season that may well be true....but there's no track record to point to on Stidman yet. Just because all the scouts are all over him doesn't mean you should automatically crown him king of qb's in Texas. Let's see him perform first.

garageoffice
08-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't know enough about most of the players mentioned to question the selections...I'll take your word for it regaleagle. However, I do know that Juwan Washington is actually just a junior this year.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4