PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood/Marble Falls Scrimmage this Friday

BEAST
08-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Cam, some of you Burnet folks, or anybody, what are we to expect from MF?

BEAST

hollywood
08-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Ram tough.. oh wait, that's Dodge tough! I know that a good QB moved there from the Ville once he knew he wasn't going to beat out Stidham.

BEAST
08-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Ram tough.. oh wait, that's Dodge tough! I know that a good QB moved there from the Ville once he knew he wasn't going to beat out Stidham.

How good?

BEAST

hollywood
08-21-2013, 04:23 PM
I guess good enough to start as a Soph.

http://highlandernews.com/news_article.php?category_id=3&article_id=5244

BullDawgDad
08-21-2013, 05:03 PM

I believe the new MF QB name is Brennen Wooten currently has offer from Univ of Akron. Had a chance to see him play at their 7on7 SQT this summer looked pretty good for incoming Sophomore. His o-line is new so he may have to scramble around to find his top receiver Garrett Grey 6'4" 215 runs a 4.4 and is verbal to UT. Running back is back from last year. Bigger and stronger KJ will be tough. Don't know how much they will run in Dodges pass first O. Other receivers are experienced from last year on the smaller side but quick if D put everything at Grey the others can burn you. I believe there D only returns 3 or 4 starters. They are picked to finish 6th out of 7 teams

Cam
08-21-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm hearing QB looking pretty good too. Marble will probably come out with some pretty good sized linemen as they always do. The RB is big & strong, but I heard a rumor he does not like getting hit and will get a little timid if folks get after him....Also heard they have a freshmen whom I saw during track season. Forgot his name but doesn't look like a freshman...Very developed for his age and a super fast human. Heard he's been working with the varsity but I cannot confirm this. My MF reporter buddy over there ran into my wife the other day. My wife flat out asked who was gonna win between Burnet and Marble. Her reply was she thought Marble is too young and felt Burnet will take this years game. Of course, she's a hardcore Mustang fan so she could be settin' us up!!..... Marble Falls will never be successful as long as they continue to think rival Burnet is the most important game of the year. Shoot that's just a warmup non-district game against a 3A opponent!.....They need to aim higher and concentrate on their very tough district opponents......Another tough season is upon them....Somebody better get out of Dodge and soon!.....:stirpot:

BullDawgDad
08-22-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm hearing QB looking pretty good too. Marble will probably come out with some pretty good sized linemen as they always do. The RB is big & strong, but I heard a rumor he does not like getting hit and will get a little timid if folks get after him....Also heard they have a freshmen whom I saw during track season. Forgot his name but doesn't look like a freshman...Very developed for his age and a super fast human. Heard he's been working with the varsity but I cannot confirm this. My MF reporter buddy over there ran into my wife the other day. My wife flat out asked who was gonna win between Burnet and Marble. Her reply was she thought Marble is too young and felt Burnet will take this years game. Of course, she's a hardcore Mustang fan so she could be settin' us up!!..... Marble Falls will never be successful as long as they continue to think rival Burnet is the most important game of the year. Shoot that's just a warmup non-district game against a 3A opponent!.....They need to aim higher and concentrate on their very tough district opponents......Another tough season is upon them....Somebody better get out of Dodge and soon!.....:stirpot:

Very good points Cam. Until Marble Falls steps up to bigger challenges they won't get any better. Case in point...1. Their scrimmage is against 3a school 2. Their first 3 mom-district games are against 3a schools as well. Yes they do have a long history rivalry with Burnet, but they need to step up their level of competition if they expect to compete in their own district. Makes it tough when Padilla poll has 2 of their district mates picked to win both 4A Div 1 and 2 state titles this year. They need to schedule teams like Georgetown, Elgin, Hutto, Hays and Bastrop. Until they do this I am afraid Dodge will end up like he did at North Texas...always at the bottom. Peace out

hollywood
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes, Wooten is his name. I know his parents moved to Sville to give their son an opportunity to be a QB through the Ville system. They got $. Just didn't work out. Stidham was too much to overcome. A player already with 6 D1 offers as a Jr would be hard for anyone to take on. But heard he is a good one!

BEAST
08-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Got some thunderstorms popping up right now. Hopefully theyll move on pretty quick. Ill post an update later tonight on how the varsity scrimmage went.

BEAST

BwdLion73
08-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Got some thunderstorms popping up right now. Hopefully theyll move on pretty quick. Ill post an update later tonight on how the varsity scrimmage went.

BEAST

Moving East to West. Looks like it should be gone pretty quick as long as nothing builds behind it. On a happy note I got 3/4 inch of rain at the Lake in about 30 minutes!
:)

Ville-D
08-23-2013, 04:39 PM

BEAST

Thanks, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Wooton. He was pretty good here in Jr. High. He is a hard worker from what I have been told.

Pudlugger
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
I'll be following this thread closely as the Leps have MF at home next Friday. Please feel free to elaborate. Thanks.

BwdLion73
08-24-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't know any of the particulars other than Marble Falls 3 Bwd. 2 in the controlled scrimmage. Brownwood 0 MF 17 in 2 live quarters.

Pudlugger
08-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Looks like MF has it together. I expected Brownwood to play them closer than 5-2. Did the Mustangs mostly score with WR Grey? He will be a problem for the defense this year.

bwdlionfan
08-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Looks like MF has it together. I expected Brownwood to play them closer than 5-2. Did the Mustangs mostly score with WR Grey? He will be a problem for the defense this year.

I was not there but I was told that the stud receiver for MF had 4 of the TDs... can anyone confirm?

Brownwood held Kaimon Ontiveros out of this scrimmage due to a sprained ankle he had in the Godley scrimmage. Ontiveros is our best secondary player (is getting some looks from small D1 schools... SMU and some others).

Also Brownwood's starting RB left the game after the first series. I read he was supposed to have X Rays on his collarbone this morning.

toddg
08-24-2013, 12:19 PM
I was not there but I was told that the stud receiver for MF had 4 of the TDs... can anyone confirm?

Brownwood held Kaimon Ontiveros out of this scrimmage due to a sprained ankle he had in the Godley scrimmage. Ontiveros is our best secondary player (is getting some looks from small D1 schools... SMU and some others).

Also Brownwood's starting RB left the game after the first series. I read he was supposed to have X Rays on his collarbone this morning.

I hope both are ok

footballfine09
08-24-2013, 12:33 PM
The stud marble falls wr caught 2 of the 5 td passes

Bosqueville
08-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Brownwood RB Grade 1 injury. Out for a few weeks.

BEAST
08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
The controlled portion of the scrimmage was really pretty even. It was 3 to 2 MF but Brownwood got inside the 10 and didnt convert. Brownwood also had an int that couldve possibly scored but was blown dead. We had to leave after the controlled portion. I was told that in the live quarter, we couldnt get much going. MF's Qb looked real good. The system that Dodge is using is going to be pretty tough to stop. Not much time to get pressure on the Qb. Real quick passes. In the contolled portion we ran on their D pretty easily even without the starting Rb. Also set up some nice play action stuff. I will say this, Brownwood is very young all over the field. There is plenty of talent. Dont judge us to early this season. We will be without several key starters for at least the first 2 games. As many as 6 or 7. I think as the season progresses we will get better and better. Heres to a great season!

BEAST

footballfine09
08-26-2013, 11:06 AM
The INT was a free play for marble falls. They baited brownwood offsides on a hard count and the qb threw it up deep

Cam
08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
write up on scrimmage: http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/08/26/mustangs-put-on-show-of-strength-in-brownwood-scrimmage/

footballfine09
09-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Do you know that for a fact? I heard his mom hated Stephenville and even though they were told by the staff that they felt the team would be stronger by keeping Stidham at WR and the Sophmore at QB they still had to move. Both are good.