08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Wharton at Stafford, 7 p.m.
Houston St. Pius at El Campo, 7 p.m.

defense51
08-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Alvarado at Kaufman- 7:30

YTBulldogs
08-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Victoria East @ Cuero 7PM. On the new turf. Can't wait.

BullDawgDad
08-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Wimberley @ Burnet - Freshman/JV 5:00pm. Varsity at 6:30 pm

FB-fanatic
08-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Lorena at McGregor. This will be quite a challenge - Mcgregor will be a strong 2A game.

Why so many playing Thursday, and not Friday?

poisoned10
08-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Gilmer @ New Boston

Not sure what times.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

maestro
08-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Lorena at McGregor. This will be quite a challenge - Mcgregor will be a strong 2A game.

My guess is to evaluate and get into week 0 mode by Friday practice

Rattler
08-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Graham at Decatur @ 8:00.

SHSBulldog00
08-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Angleton @ Sweeny 7:30 (Friday)

Rabid Cougar
08-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Fairfield at China Spring. 7:00.

waterboy
08-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Gilmer @ New Boston

Not sure what times.

Someone from New Boston said that the Frosh and JV teams will start at 5:00, and the varsity will likely start around 6:30 or so.

BTW, did you get to see them against Whitehouse?

buckeyebob
08-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Someone from New Boston said that the Frosh and JV teams will start at 5:00, and the varsity will likely start around 6:30 or so.
Yes...correct times

Yes & it was awsome

This should be a good one.

Roughneck93
08-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Royal @ Columbia, 7 pm.

buckeyebob
08-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Just noticed the times you listed...according to The Mirror & Amy...9th & JV 6:00...Varsity 7:30...Traylor told the guys they were leaving @ 4:00...1-1/2 drive...all makes sense

JBulldawg
08-21-2013, 05:33 PM

Playing on Thursday this week allows a team an extra practice for the real games next week.

99IHSMustang
08-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Ingleside @ Taft

YTBulldogs
08-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Victoria East @ Cuero 7PM. On the new turf. Can't wait.

Love the upgrades Cuero. Looked very nice and good to see some of my friends last night over there. Good kuck this year. See ya'll again tonight.

Aesculus gilmus
08-22-2013, 07:35 AM
The New Boston scrimmage scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to a fatal shooting.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/2013/08/22/new-boston-student-dies-in-shooting-925697.php

bobcat1
08-22-2013, 07:47 AM
The New Boston scrimmage scheduled for tonight has been canceled due to a fatal shooting.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/2013/08/22/new-boston-student-dies-in-shooting-925697.php

That is so sad. Prayers out for the families and friends and community

waterboy
08-22-2013, 08:07 AM

I heard about this. Prayers go out to the New Boston community.

Any chance Gilmer will have a scrimmage at all this week?

Aesculus gilmus
08-22-2013, 08:17 AM
I heard about this. Prayers go out to the New Boston community.

Any chance Gilmer will have a scrimmage at all this week?

It would have to be this evening, if there is one. As you know, Coach Traylor would never allow a Friday scrimmage before a Thursday game.

1st and goal
08-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Giddings is playing Bryan Rudder tonight in Bryan.
http://www.giddingsisd.net/ourpages/auto/2012/8/16/39516325/Football%20Schedule%202013%20-%20Giddings.pdf

waterboy
08-22-2013, 08:37 AM
It would have to be this evening, if there is one. As you know, Coach Traylor would never allow a Friday scrimmage before a Thursday game.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking maybe some other teams somewhere would include a third team in Gilmer somehow. The Buckeyes could use the practice. Who else is having scrimmages tonight in East Texas?

Aesculus gilmus
08-22-2013, 08:46 AM
There may not be that many. Frankly, if the Whitehouse scrimmage was any indication, they don't NEED another scrimmage and it'd just be an opportunity for someone to get hurt IMO.

BullDawgDad
08-22-2013, 09:24 AM
A heads up for the Wimberley folks....Burnet's Band Esprit de Corps will have their grills fired up making Burgers and fries. So if your running late you can grab a bite at the game.

Aesculus gilmus
08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I have just heard that Gilmer IS actively looking for someone else to scrimmage tonight, so stay tuned. I will let you know on this thread once I hear something official.

Aesculus gilmus
08-22-2013, 10:29 AM
This just in:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?122554-Gilmer-will-scrimmage-Greenville-in-Gilmer-on-Friday

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Ingleside @ TaftHow did the scrimmage go?

Yoe_09
08-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Rockdale 2
Robinson 1

Live Quarter:

Robinson 7
Rockdale 0

The live quarter was cut short by a little over a minute....not sure if they were going to play any longer or not.

Rockdale scored twice during the controlled portion on the scrimmage. The Tigers were pretty balanced overall. QB Gibbs looked good, and Loth is going to be a great WR target. Overall, the skill positions don't look bad. I think line play on both sides of the ball could end up being big for Rockdale. Looks like Pelzel could be going both ways some, which is normal for a school that should be in 2A next year.....about 75-80 for all three squads.

Robinson went up tempo during the live portion. The problem with Robinson is going to be their size. They looked relatively young to me. The Rockets can compete with some teams, but I do see them finishing 5th in D17 this year.

BullDawgDad
08-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Burnet & Wimberley planned even during 3 series of 15 plays each O scored 1 TD each. During live 12 min quarter Burnet absolutely dominated Wimberley out scoring them 21 to 0

Yoe_09
08-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Madisonville Vs. Cameron Yoe has been moved to tomorrow morning. Cameron went down the Madisonville today, but there must have been some confusion between the schools on what day this was being played. The Mustangs were in full practice mode. The scrimmage will now be in Cameron.

bd62
08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Cuero looked very sharp against Victoria. Lots of speed at
Wide receiver and Both Hopkins kids are really good. Also the
Miles kid looked good at running back . He is a freshman and will
Have lots of playing time. Cuero first team had 2 TD to none in first
Part. Then in 2 quarters they beat East 17-7.

Old Green
08-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Part. Then in 2 quarters they beat East 17-7.Cuero did look very good tonight. The defense has lots of speed. VE couldn't get any separation from the Cuero defensive backs which resulted in 3 interceptions.

99IHSMustang
08-22-2013, 09:51 PM
How did the scrimmage go?

I dont know. Did anyone from Ingleside go? How did we look?

Roughneck93
08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Controlled portion of the scrimmage...

Columbia 5
Royal 2

Columbia 1st team offense with 4 passing TDs during their portion of the controlled scrimmage. Kesee with TDs of 15, 70, 55, and 50 yards.

Running tandem of Bell and Jones were getting big chunks of yardage.

Second team offense with a TD on a 60-yard pass from Dodds to Paniagua. Second team O did put the ball on the ground a lot though.

Royal's two TDs were scored by their 2nd team offense via the air.

Roughneck defense did force a few turnovers. Fumble recovery that would have been returned for a TD, and pick on a long pass into our endzone.
Overall, defense played ok. Royal did drive down inside the Necks five yard line to open the scrimmage. A long run by Royal's QB then some missed tackles on another run set the Falcons up with some great field position. Necks D keeps them out of the endzone with a nice goal line stand.
Secondary got a lot of needed work. #1s did ok, #2s have some work to do.

Live quarter...

Columbia 7
Royal 0

Necks drive down the field mostly running the ball. Colton Jones caps the drive with a 21-yard TD run.

Royal did move the ball during the live quarter. Had a nice pass over the middle for a nice gain into Columbia territory but that was pretty much it. Quarter ended with Royal deep in Roughneck territory.

FB-fanatic
08-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Lorena vs #7 2A McGregor

1st vs 1st 1-1, with Lorena throwing a pick
2nd vs 2nd 2-1 Lorena

Live 12 min. quarter - Lorena 21 Mcgregor 7

Good scrimmage for the Leopards against a quality opponent; especially considering we did not play well last year vs Bulldogs. Well balanced attack with even running and passing.

MustangFootball
08-22-2013, 10:57 PM

The Mustangs looked okay tonight, they look better than last week so that's an improvement they are still ironing out the kinks but I believe they will be okay...Christian Britt didn't play neither did Jalen Gross...Ingleside won 3-0 they won 2-0 in the controlled portion and 1-0 in the live quarter. They should be ready come next week.

millcreek
08-23-2013, 06:23 AM
Sealy Tigers had a respectable showing against Liberty Hill; it was played in Bastrop. Lots of young talent. Coach Holcomb and crew doing a great job.

Farmersfan
08-23-2013, 07:47 AM
2A Farmersville scrimmaged 3A Bonham in Farmersville. Bohnam JV outscored F'ville JV 2-0, Neither freshman team scored and the Farmersville Varsity scored 3 to Bonham's 2 in controlled scrimmage and F'ville won the live portion 16-14....................

YTBulldogs
08-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Part. Then in 2 quarters they beat East 17-7.

Lord, what happened to VE bd. GZ will kill them next week in the season opener. Poor showing for a 4A team. Victoria sure has gone down in football over the decade.

Cuero. Solid club, and as Hopkins goes, so too will the Gob's. Line is getting better and the QB did a good job throwing a catchable ball. Agree OG, secondary appears the strongest part of the "D". Very fast and aggressive.

MUSTANG69
08-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Never mind

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Sinton vs CC Ray this morning

1st stringers only went 15 plays, Ray I believe had 15 plays and ran 4 more inside the 20 to get their score.
Sinton 1 CC Ray 1
2nd stringers
0-0
Live 2qtrs
Sinton 14 CC Ray 14

After Sinton scored the the rain came and the live action was in the pouring rain. Sun came back out with just a minute left in the live action.

Good scrimmage against a top wr from Ray and Sinton defender match up with him 1 on 1. Fr Ethan Owens with a good scrimmage, 4 more sacks with 2nd team and a td with the first stringers in live action.

Sinton run defense has looked good in both scrimmages, READY for Season to start!

bd62
08-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I agree. Gonzo will run it down there throat with that Big OL
East has 3 kids with lots of talent but poor execution will hurt them.
Surprised by the number of speedy guy Cuero has. All under class men
Weakness is size and depth on OL.

Scoop27
08-23-2013, 12:32 PM
KULP Radio in El Campo reported on sports that El Campo and Houston St Pius each had one touchdown in Thursday's scrimmage

Dog_e_styl
08-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I agree. Gonzo will run it down there throat with that Big OL
East has 3 kids with lots of talent but poor execution will hurt them.
Surprised by the number of speedy guy Cuero has. All under class men
Weakness is size and depth on OL.

First off, field looks great. Second, what's up with reverses in a scrimmage? Never seen that before. I think ya'll scored last week against LH on those too. Third, ya'll damn sure have the wheels in that secondary. Fourth, Hopkins still a beast in second scrimmage. 5th, Gob's make the playoffs. 6th, who would win between LH and VE? Sad.

YTBulldogs
08-23-2013, 01:34 PM
First off, field looks great. Second, what's up with reverses in a scrimmage? Never seen that before. I think ya'll scored last week against LH on those too. Third, ya'll damn sure have the wheels in that secondary. Fourth, Hopkins still a beast in second scrimmage. 5th, Gob's make the playoffs. 6th, who would win between LH and VE? Sad.

Dog, reverses are a timing issue and to me, paramount you get what appears to be a part of your offense down pat before season starts. In regards to a Lockhart/VE contest. Scoreless into OT, 7 OT's later, won on a safety by LH. How do you not field a team with all those kids?

bd62
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM

East was loading up on strong side to stop Hopkins on a sweep
And he was still getting 8 yds. Travis ran the reverse where the kid get the pitch
Instead of Hopkins. First time he fumbled our he could have walked in. Second time he scored.
If East would not have loaded up strong side Hopkins would have took it to house.
Travis worked on this play to loose up teams to honor reverse then look
Out Hopkins turns that corner with head of steam he will be difficult to bring down.

Yoe_09
08-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Madisonville Vs. Cameron Yoe RESULTS:

Overall:
Cameron Yoe 7 TD's
Madisonville 3 TD's

Live Quarter of Play:
Cameron Yoe 28
Madisonville 7

Overall, a solid showing by Cameron here. The Yoemen should get at least 3 key starters back next week, so this team should be nearly 100 percent when Waco Connally comes to Cameron next Friday.

Dog_e_styl
08-23-2013, 02:35 PM
And he was still getting 8 yds. Travis ran the reverse where the kid get the pitch
Instead of Hopkins. First time he fumbled our he could have walked in. Second time he scored.
If East would not have loaded up strong side Hopkins would have took it to house.
Out Hopkins turns that corner with head of steam he will be difficult to bring down.

Wonder who will spell Hopkins? Isn't there a younger Hopkins too? And, Fales looked descent I thought at QB. Sure the "D's" in past scrimmages were not what I know ya'll wanted to go up against to prepare, but--he still made solid reads and threw strikes. Rolled out well too. Cuero is ready IMO to opening night vs. Wharton.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-23-2013, 05:14 PM

Alice had like 9 tds last week against Victoria East according to the reading I read in texas4asports forum. 26 points in 1 live qtr for Alice, Victoria East is most likely a coaching problem not talent.

quoted the wrong post, it was suppose to be the one earlier you posted on VE

bd62
08-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Alice had like 9 tds last week against Victoria East according to the reading I read in texas4asports forum. 26 points in 1 live qtr for Alice, Victoria East is most likely a coaching problem not talent.

quoted the wrong post, it was suppose to be the one earlier you posted on VE
Yep when you hire a guy that was 0-10 the yr before he came to East I think you are right.
Athletic Director's buddy

bd62
08-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Wonder who will spell Hopkins? Isn't there a younger Hopkins too? And, Fales looked descent I thought at QB. Sure the "D's" in past scrimmages were not what I know ya'll wanted to go up against to prepare, but--he still made solid reads and threw strikes. Rolled out well too. Cuero is ready IMO to opening night vs. Wharton.

His brother is a soph. He 6ft. 210. D Hopkins is a Jr
and is 6-2. 215

Saggy Aggie
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Controlled portion of the scrimmage...

Columbia 5
Royal 2

Columbia 1st team offense with 4 passing TDs during their portion of the controlled scrimmage. Kesee with TDs of 15, 70, 55, and 50 yards.

Running tandem of Bell and Jones were getting big chunks of yardage.

Second team offense with a TD on a 60-yard pass from Dodds to Paniagua. Second team O did put the ball on the ground a lot though.

Royal's two TDs were scored by their 2nd team offense via the air.

Roughneck defense did force a few turnovers. Fumble recovery that would have been returned for a TD, and pick on a long pass into our endzone.
Overall, defense played ok. Royal did drive down inside the Necks five yard line to open the scrimmage. A long run by Royal's QB then some missed tackles on another run set the Falcons up with some great field position. Necks D keeps them out of the endzone with a nice goal line stand.
Secondary got a lot of needed work. #1s did ok, #2s have some work to do.

Live quarter...

Columbia 7
Royal 0

Necks drive down the field mostly running the ball. Colton Jones caps the drive with a 21-yard TD run.

Royal did move the ball during the live quarter. Had a nice pass over the middle for a nice gain into Columbia territory but that was pretty much it. Quarter ended with Royal deep in Roughneck territory.

Damn kesee sounds like he knows how to sling the rock around

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Down in Port Isabel.....

Controlled Portion: Port Isabel - 4 TD, Mercedes 1 TD

2 Live Quarters currently underway.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-23-2013, 08:11 PM
After 1 Quarter,

Port Isabel - 14
Mercedes - 0

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
FINAL

Port Isabel - 14
Mercedes - 7

Mercedes scores on a deep bomb with about 4 mins. remaining. PI gets the ball back and runs out the clock for the win.

Total score of the scrimmage for TDs. Port Isabel 6 TDs, Mercedes 2 TDs

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2013, 08:45 PM
In an unimpressive showing, Navasota 3-1 over Montgomery..

According to Mr. Jordan Wells' mom.:)

buckeyebob
08-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes vs Greenville Lions at Buckeye Stadium
9th Grade: 7TD - 1TD
J.V, 6TD - 1 TD
Varsity Cont, Scrimmage Bux 4TD to 0,,,,add 1 TD to Bux Defensive touchdown
14-0 Bux in Live 1/2
BUX WIN!!

poisoned10
08-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes vs Greenville Lions at Buckeye Stadium
9th Grade: 7TD - 1TD
J.V, 6TD - 1 TD
Varsity Cont, Scrimmage Bux 4TD to 0,,,,add 1 TD to Bux Defensive touchdown
14-0 Bux in Live 1/2
BUX WIN!!

Greenville scored once in the controlled portion.

SHSBulldog00
08-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Controlled

Sweeny 3
Angleton 2

Live QTRS

Angleton 14
Sweeny 0

Not a bad showing for Sweeny. They need to work on keeping from jumping offside and ball protection. In the live portion: 1 punt and 2 fumbles in Sweeny's 3 possessions.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Controlled

Sweeny 3
Angleton 2

Live QTRS

Angleton 14
Sweeny 0

Not a bad showing for Sweeny. They need to work on keeping from jumping offside and ball protection. In the live portion: 1 punt and 2 fumbles in Sweeny's 3 possessions.

How does Sweeny look runnin' the ol' "Nasty Slot?"

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 12:02 AM
How does Sweeny look runnin' the ol' "Nasty Slot?"

When they held on to the ball they looked really good.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-24-2013, 12:03 AM
When they held on to the ball they looked really good.

I'm going to try and make a couple of Sweeny games this season. I'm friends with Coach Kilby. Back during his Quinlan Ford days.

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm going to try and make a couple of Sweeny games this season. I'm friends with Coach Kilby. Back during his Quinlan Ford days.

We have 8 Home games; 9 if you count the one at Columbia as a home game.

Sweeny plays Bay City at Home 7:30 on Friday.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-24-2013, 12:10 AM
We have 8 Home games; 9 if you count the one at Columbia as a home game.

Sweeny plays Bay City at Home 7:30 on Friday.

I'm out of town for Labor Day Weekend, but anything after that I should be able to attend unless I make plans to drive down to Port Isabel for a Tarpons game.

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 12:13 AM
We play La Marque and Bellville at home this season if you want to see those teams as well.

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Sweeny HOME Schedule

8/30 Bay City
9/6 Aldine Davis
9/13 Brazosport
9/20 Bellville
10/11 La Marque*
10/25 Stafford*
11/1 Houston KIPP*
11/8 KIPP Sunnyside

* = District game

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Sweeny HOME Schedule

8/30 Bay City
9/6 Aldine Davis
9/13 Brazosport
9/20 Bellville
10/11 La Marque*
10/25 Stafford*
11/1 Houston KIPP*
11/8 KIPP Sunnyside

* = District game

Oh, Bellville @ Sweeny! Perfect game to scout! I should call my PI coach friends as well and tell 'em to come on up.

buckeyebob
08-24-2013, 07:17 AM
The Buckeyes finished the Scrimmage Season last night against 4A Greenville...
9th Grade - 7-1 TDs Bux
JV - 6-0 TD's Bux
Varsity - 3-0 TD's in controlled
Varsity - 14-0 in live

I think they are ready for Atlanta on Thursday.

Saggy Aggie
08-24-2013, 10:23 AM
sweeny home schedule

8/30 bay city
9/6 aldine davis
9/13 brazosport
9/20 bellville
10/11 la marque*
10/25 stafford*
11/1 houston kipp*
11/8 kipp sunnyside

* = district game
wc????

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 01:42 PM
wc????

That was our home schedule.

Our away games are

9/27 Edna
10/18 Columbia

Necked
08-24-2013, 03:37 PM
That was our home schedule.

Our away games are

9/27 Edna
10/18 Columbia

Gonna put some wear & tear on that new rug, eh?

SHSBulldog00
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Controlled

Sweeny 3
Angleton 2

Live QTRS

Angleton 14
Sweeny 0

Here is a piece of Angleton's write up in the local paper

"Angleton High School has been a solid and respected football program for some time now. Over the past few years, however, the Wildcats have stepped it up a few notches more. In fact, many consider Angleton’s football program among the upper echelon of Class 4A programs in the state."