PDA

View Full Version : Is Burnet getting the BIG HEAD?

Chris Hart
12-11-2002, 11:59 PM
I sure hope not. I hope all the players remember, that Everman is the defending champs, and they are back for more. Burnet players and fans need to stop and think about how hard, and how much work it has been for this Burnet team to get this oppurtunity. Everman has been there and done that, and they want to do it again. The players and coaches have done an excellent job of staying focused thus far, but right now they don't need to be hearing about how they are going to destroy the defending champions. We don't even know how the boys are going to react to the BIG GAME, they could come out nervous and flat, then where would that put us, trying to come back against the best ball control offense in the state. Anybody that knows anything about football, knows this is going to be a WAR for all the marbles with two evenly matched teams. If either comes in underestimating their opponent, they will leave the dome as the losing team. I just don't want the team to start thinking this thing is over already before the kickoff, like some of the fans. There is still one game to go, and it is the one that COUNTS. This is going to be a classic encounter, and I hope that the Burnet boys can pull it off. My Prediction is Burnet by 3!

Burnet, Go make it happen. ONE TEAM ONE DREAM!!!!

Jacket2000
12-12-2002, 12:50 AM
Hmmm, there are people (from Burnet) predicting Burnet to win by 21? Yeah, Id say that there's a slight case of the big head. I believe the last team to beat Everman more than 20 points was Stephenvile on their way to a 16-0 season; and I think it's safe to say that this year's Everman team is a little stronger than in '99.
J2K

Old Dog
12-12-2002, 12:58 AM
Chris, I really don't think the players have the big head, but I don't think we can say the same about the fans! Naturally fans get excited and don't see the things for what they really are. Everman's program is very strong. I found a team roster and they don't have a lot of huge guys, but man they have across the board speed. As you said Burnet needs to come and play well right at the kickoff. If you get behind in this game it will be rough. I really think Coach Shipley will have the team mentally prepared and under control.

Chris Hart
12-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Olddog, I personally don't think the players are getting the big head either, I don't think our staff would allow that. Quiet confidence, sure. I was just putting it up there in case any players see some of this stuff, that they won't let it infiltrate their heads. They need to prepare for this game just like all of the others, if not more so. I just hate to see some fans do this, it just doesn't benefit the team in any way,shape or form. Most know, including our staff, that we have our work cut out for us. Go Burnet Bulldogs!

ONE TEAM ONE DREAM!!!!!!!

Jason1725
12-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Hmmmmm and they bash Jasper for doing exactly what they have been doing this week and last.

Swarm 51
12-12-2002, 02:09 AM
I had the privilege of watching the Burnet Bulldogs virtually bring the Jasper team to its knees at Kyle Field. Burnet stayed poised, focused and determined and that is the way they will play Everman. The dawgs are on a mission, they have a goal and this Gatesville Hornet fan has high hopes they reach that goal Saturday in the Alamodome. One Team - One Dream. Dreams do come true.

bulldog65
12-12-2002, 07:43 AM
Well put Chris, I'm sure after watching film Burnets Coaching staff and players are not taking Everman lightly. For some reason people who haven't even watched this team play, predict Burnet by 21? I know Burnet beat two very quality opponents in Sinton first, and then destroyed Jasper. I know this may come as a shock to those Burnet posters who think this means they will automatically win at State, but I liked our chances against both those teams. Whether we could have had the same success, we will never know. We want to play the best opponent, and I am sure we are. This team has had 1 loss in two years (28-1) when Kennedale kicked our butts, believe me that stung. Did they lay down? No, they made some minor adjustments on Defense, and no team has scored more than 14 points on them since.(10 games) Burnet is going to "shut down Everman's running game"? That my friend will be something to see. Everman hasn't played a quality opponent? Everman had to look out of state and play 6A Lawton Ike (playoff team) in the preseason. No 4A team in their right mind wants to play us. For some reason as soon as we beat a team, (Abilene Wylie,Monahans,Forney), people think Everman has not played anyone. Anyway Burnet team, count your blessings, you had a wonderful season in which you got to play Sinton, Jasper, and Everman, teams that many will agree are the best 3A football in Texas has to offer. If you win, no doubt you have proven yourself, if not, nothing to be ashamed of, what a year to remember! Good luck to all and hopefully an exciting battle between two great teams.

sinton66
12-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Bulldog65, even though I have picked Burnet by a slim margin over you guys, I assure you it was with great misgivings about it's accuracy. Everman is a classy, quality program, that's for sure. We would have loved playing you guys again, but it just wasn't to be. So, I will stick with my R4 rep, because they are the ones that put us out. It's gonna be a great game!

SINTON81
12-12-2002, 09:33 AM
No, I would not say some of Burnets fans are getting a big head. I say they have had a big head for a while now. Not all of Burnets fans, but some(some of Burnets fans are a class act). I am surprized they have kept a low profile for most of this week. Burnet by 21? I don't think so. I bet Everman will give Burnet all that they want and more. But then again, I may be wrong. What do I know?

Old Cardinal
12-12-2002, 12:54 PM
To Chris Hart, I don't think any group of people have hacked people off like the Burnet fans overall, for several months. However, they have been progressively posting very responsibly as the season has progressed. I will be pulling for Burnet in the finals and I think Coach Shipley(Burnet) and Coach Anderson(Fairfield) have shone great poise this season...Again best of luck, you will not ever know who all IS pulling for your team-to pull an upset!

proudStepdad#5
12-12-2002, 07:30 PM
WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT????/

Hello Burnet fans congrats on making it to the State Championship game. I hope that Burnet brings there best game to the table,Everman will. As a fan of Everman I'm really excited about the game that is going to be played in less than 48 hrs.

Sinton players you guys gave us a great game last year. Had it not been for the Great Catch by Blaine Harrell(my stepson) deep in your territory at the end of the 4th qtr, who knows how that game would have ended. I only say that to say if you sleep on one play that play could be the difference in the game.

Please everyone remember Everman can pass the ball. For those who have never seen them play they are a well balanced team.

All have a safe trip to SA. And lets have fun!!!!!!

20bulldawg05
12-12-2002, 08:35 PM
i think the fans are the ones with big heads in burnet... lol! everyone is saying all this stuff about how were gonna win!?! i hope we do but yall just chill!?! lol! it's gettin kinda crazy!?! good luck everman!! and may the best dawg win!?!
NO matter if we win or lose... the fans and parents and faculty are so proud of you!?! yall have worked long and hard and we're with ya all the way!?!
:D Were from burnet couldn't be prouder if you can't hear us we'll yell a little louder!??!
:D

classof 90
12-12-2002, 09:44 PM
to all:
we can have the biggest heads in the dome ...
as long the the boys stay focused
i watched tape of everman today and they are a great team
they can be beat.....
but so can burnet
no matter what we love "our" BULLDAWGS!!!!!
burnet 20-14

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
I agree with you 91; it doesn't matter if we (the fans) have the big head as long as the boys get the job done on the field. We all know they can and will.

classof 90
12-12-2002, 09:56 PM
90!!!!
91 went to THE GAME!!! :D :D
in 1990 we went 5-5 :confused: :confused:

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Sorry 90, big difference in numbers huh :)