08-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Varsity

NAVASOTA 7 Sealy 1

Bosqueville
08-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Bwd 5-2 over Godley

buckeyebob
08-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Gilmer vs Whitehouse (4A - rated 6th by AP)
9th Grade - 7TD's - 1 Bux
JV - 7TD's - 0 Bux
Varsity - Controlled Scrimmage 3TD's - 0 Bux
Live Game 17-0 Bux

The Bux are ready...much worse than the score

Aesculus gilmus
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
What happened to the Whitehouse Texas Tech commit QB Patrick Mahomes? He is right-handed, so I know that was not him in there tonight for Whitehouse. That was probably the same lefty who filled in for Mahomes here in May when he was still playing baseball.

Mahomes did well to sit this one out, at any rate. If he was in there at all, I never saw him. He is 6'2" or 6'3" so he'd have been pretty hard to miss.

Never mind. A poster named "CasualObserver70" over at the site that must not be mentioned has just chimed in with this: "Now, I think I heard that Mahomes was held out of this game. If that is the case, then it might not be a true test of the defense. ... On offense, Whitehouse was totally out of sync. But that's not a gauge of anything, if Mahomes wasn't in. So I'll pass on an evaluation of them."

buckeyebob
08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
He was standing back close to the goal line...someone said that he didn't want to get hurt...why scrimmage?

Aesculus gilmus
08-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, he MIGHT WELL have gotten hurt, given the number of times the lefty was sacked. That answers my question, though. Thanks. Now I will not start the rumor that he was out signing autographs with Johnny Football.

I have never have seen Mahomes play. I've read he's pretty mobile, but I doubt if he could've escaped the clutches of Josh Walker. Few can.

buckeyebob
08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Well, he MIGHT WELL have gotten hurt, given the number of times the lefty was sacked. That answers my question, though. Thanks. Now I will not start the rumor that he was out signing autographs with Johnny Football.

I have never have seen Mahomes play. I've read he's pretty mobile, but I doubt if he could've escaped the clutches of Josh Walker. Few can.

Some did a pretty good job

Aesculus gilmus
08-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I now have heard another story. Mahomes has been in California until quite recently and had not practiced in pads enough times before tonight to qualify to play in a scrimmage.

FB-fanatic
08-17-2013, 12:19 AM
Lorena 5 Troy 3
Lorena stayed pretty plain vanilla, as typical. Had a senior RB Rodriguiz, step up tonight and pick up a 100 yard game. Went 20,20,20. each. 60 total offensive plays. Newly rebuilt front offensive line eventually warmed up.
Had both backup QB's / starting receivers out with minor injuries. Brought up JV QB to take most of 2nd 20 series. Football is here!

Yoe_09
08-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Lorena 5 Troy 3
Lorena stayed pretty plain vanilla, as typical. Had a senior RB Rodriguiz, step up tonight and pick up a 100 yard game. Went 20,20,20. each. 60 total offensive plays. Newly rebuilt front offensive line eventually warmed up.
Had both backup QB's / starting receivers out with minor injuries. Brought up JV QB to take most of 2nd 20 series. Football is here!

FB-fanatic, is Troy in the spread this year?

FB-fanatic
08-17-2013, 09:35 AM
FB-fanatic, is Troy in the spread this year?
No, still running wing-t or wishbone. Had a niced sized QB and really small and quick RB.

Bosqueville
08-17-2013, 10:27 AM
At the Cameron/China Spring scrimmage and I will say this, Cameron looks GOOD!

TXfootballboi!
08-17-2013, 10:57 AM
How did china spring look??

Bosqueville
08-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Defense needs work. Yoe moved right down the field. CS passing game looked solid.

Yoe_09
08-17-2013, 12:31 PM
China Spring Vs. Cameron Yoe

Freshmen
Cameron Yoe 5 TD's
China Spring 1 TD

JV
Cameron Yoe 3 TD's
China Spring 0 TD's

V
Cameron Yoe 5 TD's
China Spring 1 TD

In the live quarter, the Yoemen outscored the Cougars, 21-0. This included two well balanced drives by the offense and a pick 6 by the defense. Overall, the Yoemen looked good all around for the 1st scrimmage. We have some starters out right now with nagging injuries, but everything should be a go by August 30th.

LHdog
08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
I heard Burnet 1-up on Somerset, anyone know for sure? LH varsity was up 1-0 on La Grange when I left. It was almost over but I got too hot.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Port Isabel won their scrimmage in dominating fashion over 32-5A Brownsville Pace. 2-0 in the controlled portion, and 14-0 in 1 live quarter of play. PI's Seawall Defense was dominant, recording multiple sacks and interceptions.

Pace did get one long pass play completed when a PI defender fell down. But PI made an impressive goal line stand to keep Pace out of the end zone.

Next up for PI is 32-4A Mercedes in Port Isabel.

bag-o-chips
08-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Heard Navarro 4 to Austin St. Michaels 3 in varsity

Tejastrue
08-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Was not able to make the Wimberley scrimmage. :crying:

panfan
08-17-2013, 02:40 PM
I heard Burnet 1-up on Somerset, anyone know for sure? LH varsity was up 1-0 on La Grange when I left. It was almost over but I got too hot.

We did OK - LaGrange O line was huge. We held up though defensively - they settled for a field goal and we were able to score once during the live quarter. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw from our boys. La Grange corrects a few mistakes on penalties, and they will be a force. If that line can give the QB time, which it looks like will be the case, He has the receivers to toss to down field. Glad we don't have to play them in the regular season, but they are a tough opponent to get warmed up to. Good Luck.

easttexas3a
08-17-2013, 03:55 PM
So excited to see this team this year.

Palestine during the set plays portion won 2 scores to none.

Then during the live half, Palestine won 26-7

Center had talented kids on the field, but Palestine just looked so much more polished. Palestine was better up front on both sides, and it really showed during the live half.

cookiemonster
08-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Tejastrue, who did ya'll scrimmage and how did the Texans do?

Tejastrue
08-17-2013, 05:22 PM
We scrimmaged Calallen down in Floresville early this morning but I was unable to make it...hoping somebody else did and will share some info.

YTBulldogs
08-17-2013, 05:28 PM
#1's 1-0 Bellville over Yoakum
#2's 1-0 Bellville over Yoakum
(both teams had a potential TD blown dead as agreed to. Yoakum picked up there own fumble and was gone around left end, and BB picked off a pass that would of scored)

Seen some bright spots on the Bulldogs offense. Moved the ball pretty good, with the #1's. Couple bad read's on passes. Defense front 7 played very well. Some work in the secondary needed. Can't allow WR's behind you. Also, noted drop off when the back up's played. Pretty vanilla game plan as expected. All in all, not a bad first scrimmage Dog's, IMO.

Gone Fishing
08-17-2013, 05:31 PM
We scrimmaged Calallen down in Floresville early this morning but I was unable to make it...hoping somebody else did and will share some info.

Actually Tejas we scrimmaged Floresville only. I did not make it down (first time in 6 years missing anything lol) I saw some of the boys a little while ago in town and they said they did real good. Score was 1 to 1 I believe, but Texans may have out played them in general. I don't know much, hope somebody was there too, so we can get some more info. Heard the 2 QB's alternated series both looked good, running game good, LB's good with INT, just kids telling me, though. Fishing for info myself....

YTBulldogs
08-17-2013, 05:31 PM

No, you only scrimmaged Floresville. Calallen not there this year. 1-0 or 1-1 final. Pretty plain jane.

Tejastrue
08-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Thanks guys. I guess Calallen dropped out and or the posted schedule was just wrong. Good to hear the boys felt good about it though.

Cam
08-17-2013, 06:29 PM

Hey LHdog, heard the Burnet boys did well. Each team scored a couple of times during the 10 to 15 play series. They played one 12 minute live quarter with Burnet scoring 3 times vs. Somerset's 1. Hear some of the young bucks (sophs) made some plays. Should be fun to see Wimberley in town this coming week.
I'm trying to find out how the freshmen & JV did??.......

maestro
08-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Did anyone go see Wharton/Sweeny?

Or Needville/East Bernard?

Gone Fishing
08-17-2013, 06:57 PM
No, you only scrimmaged Floresville. Calallen not there this year. 1-0 or 1-1 final. Pretty plain jane.

Hey YT did you ref it or just go and watch it?

Scoop27
08-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Wharton and Sweeny scrimmaged this morning after Friday's was rained out and power outage in Wharton.
Heard East Bernard and Sweeny were 0-0

regaleagle
08-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I read on the Argyle Booster Club website where Argyle scored 11 TDs today while holding Bridgeport to 0. It went on to say the O-line basically dominated the LOS on the offensive side. I guess the defense did OK also. On a side note, former all state and Baylor Bear kicker Ben Parks(Class of 08) was given a homecoming of sorts as he is now on the coaching staff for the Bridgeport Bulls. Congrats to Ben...I wish him all the best in his coaching career.

PS>>>Ben was also a heckuva linebacker at Argyle as well.

Sville
08-17-2013, 09:36 PM
My take on the Sville vs Haltom scrimmage

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1446.0

Scoop27
08-17-2013, 09:38 PM
I mean East Bernard and Needville

Rabid Cougar
08-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Defense needs work. Yoe moved right down the field. CS passing game looked solid.

Just for clarification, Cameron never stopped CS running game. Cameron's offense scored once on CS No.1's.
Anyone can run fly patterns past no.2's and 3's DB's with No.1 WRs, specially Cameron's, which was what Cameron's TD's came on.

TXfootballboi!
08-17-2013, 10:18 PM
So.. you're saying that china spring is looking good so far?

FB-fanatic
08-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Anyone hear anything about Robinson vs College Station.

Yoe_09
08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
China Spring, IMO, is going to be fine. In the end, it is going to be the same story in 17-3A each week like it has been in the past with Lorena, Connally, China Spring, La Vega, and Robinson all battling each other closely. I do give the edge to Lorena overall.