PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Scrimmages

Scoop27
08-16-2013, 12:05 PM
I'll be at East Bernard tonight to watch the Brahmas scrimmage the Needville Bluejays

HEMOTOXIC
08-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Sealy @ Navasota, Rattler Stadium 7pm

Phantom Stang
08-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Sweetwater Mustangs vs WF Hirschi Huskies @ Memorial Stadium, Wichita Falls
JV/Fresh 6:00 P.M.
Varsity 7:00 P.M.

Tiganut
08-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Snyder vs Amarillo Bushland @ Plainview today. JV/Fresh 6, Varsity 7

Rabid Cougar
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Saturday Morning

China Spring at Cameron

Varstity at 9:00. JV and Frosh to follow.

defense51
08-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Alvarado at Kennedale- 7:30

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Beeville at Sinton
Fr/JV 5:00 pm
Varisty approximately 6 pm

Scoop27
08-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Raining in most parts of Wharton County right now and Wharton, El Campo and East Bernard all have home scrimmages scheduled

hollywood
08-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Jackets get first taste
Posted: August 16, 2013
Tonight, Jarrett Stidham and Stephenville gets their first taste of an opponent since winning the 3A Division I championship last fall. The Yellow Jackets scrimmage 5A Haltom at Birdville Fine Arts and Athletic Complex. Freshmen begin at 4 p.m., junior varsity teams at 5 p.m. and the varsity at 6:30 p.m. Dublin scrimmages at Venus tonight, while Hico hosts Moody.

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Raining in most parts of Wharton County right now and Wharton, El Campo and East Bernard all have home scrimmages scheduled

Nothing going on in EC right now. Rain and lightning coming down pretty good.

Sitting in the truck right now hoping this weather blows through.

speedbump
08-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Nothing going on in EC right now. Rain and lightning coming down pretty good.

Sitting in the truck right now hoping this weather blows through.

How did the JV and freshman teams fair?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Port Isabel is scrimmaging Brownsville Pace (5A) tomorrow morning at 10am in Brownsville.

I'm seriously hoping Pace has improved this year. Last year's scrimmage was a debacle.

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 07:44 PM
How did the JV and freshman teams fair?

Didn't catch the freshman.

Only caught the end of the JV. While I was here, EC scored three TDs to Columbia's none.

Two of those TDs were on long runs, the other was a run from about 3 yards out.

speedbump
08-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Didn't catch the freshman.

Only caught the end of the JV. While I was here, EC scored three TDs to Columbia's none.

Two of those TDs were on long runs, the other was a run from about 3 yards out.

Good to know our JV has a pulse again this year. I see the Roughnecks are short on returning starters like the Birds. We have running backs but I don't know if there will be any holes to run through.

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Good to know our JV has a pulse again this year. I see the Roughnecks are short on returning starters like the Birds. We have running backs but I don't know if there will be any holes to run through.

Scrimmage finally got going...

Necks 1st team offense went first.

Necks drive the ball down the field, scored on a Kesee to Harris 30-yard td pass. Kesee was 4/5 for about 60 yards, one td, one pick during our set of plays.

EC breaks a 65-yard td run in their first play. #33 went basically untouched up the middle.

speedbump
08-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Scrimmage finally got going...

Necks 1st team offense went first.

Necks drive the ball down the field, scored on a Kesee to Harris 30-yard td pass. Kesee was 4/5 for about 60 yards, one td, one pick during our set of plays.

EC breaks a 65-yard td run in their first play. #33 went basically untouched up the middle.

#33 - B.J. Flagg. 6'2, 230 with 4.55 speed (according to Hudle) He was honorable mention on a couple of all state teams last year as a defensive lineman. Sounds like our pass defense continues it's woes. Friend of mine called and said you guys have a kid that looks like Ricky Seals -Jones big brother. LOL

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
#33 - B.J. Flagg. 6'2, 230 with 4.55 speed (according to Hudle) He was honorable mention on a couple of all state teams last year as a defensive lineman. Sounds like our pass defense continues it's woes. Friend of mine called and said you guys have a kid that looks like Ricky Seals -Jones big brother. LOL

Brandon Harris. Tore his knee up early last year vs Needville. Only a junior.

EC's first team finished with that one td. Necks defense stiffened up, held EC in check the rest of their set of pays. EC doing most of their damage running up the middle with Flagg. Also, throwing the ball more than I'm used to seeing from them.

Necks #2's drive the ball down to the EC 20-yard line on a nice 30-yard run. They go backwards from there...

EC's #2's had a nice 65-yard td drive. #21 doing most of the damage running the ball. #11, qb, also had a nice run deep into Columbia territory. #48 scored on a 1-yard td run.

2's and 3's going right now.

regaleagle
08-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Well it's August 16th, and thank goodness for the cooler weather in Texas today, huh? Lots of scrimmages will be ongoing tonite and tomorrow morning to get this 2013 high school football season underway. In the past, it's been as hot as a firepit for this time of year, but this little cool-down arrived just in time this year. Amen and praise the Lord. Good luck to all the teams out there playing this weekend....and hopefully injuries will be slight. Injuries are part of the game, unfortunately....esp. early season when the players are not yet conditioned for the game. Thankfully, we do have a bit of a cool-down going on this weekend, and that should help the players immensely. I think we are in for a great Texas high school football season this year in 3A....perhaps one of the best ever. God Bless America....God Bless Texas....God Bless You and Yours. Let's play some football!!!!

99IHSMustang
08-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Anyone in Ingleside know how the scrimmage against Kingsville went?

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Sinton 5 Beeville 0 overall score

Sinton qb Handson starts off 7 for 7 with couple of td passes.
Sinton defense good outing, run defense completely shut down Beeville. Beeville mid way through the scrimmage was getting hammered on almost every play.

Sinton backup qbs each led their unit to td's. Freshman E. Owens looked good when he got his hands on the ball scored twiced and got knocked down at the 1 yd line after a long run after a catch and looked good as a defensive end also

Sinton next scrimmage is against CC Ray next friday.

HEMOTOXIC
08-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Navasota 7 Sealy 1

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 09:41 PM
EC wins scrimmage 3-1.

EC's #2/3's score that last td (#32) on a short run.

Both 1st teams went one more time and neither scored. Columbia did get down inside the EC 10-yard line on a long WR screen to B.Harris. Play was wiped out on a holding call.

EC couldn't get anything going during their last set of plays. Necks defense doing a great job, although they need to shore up that run d up the middle.

Bosqueville
08-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Brownwood "wins" scrimmage 5-2 over Godley. No details other than score.

Scoop27
08-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Wharton vs Sweeny scrimmage moved to 10 a.m. Saturday in Sweeny-
Bad weather and light outage in Wharton on Friday

bwdlionfan
08-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Brownwood "wins" scrimmage 5-2 over Godley. No details other than score.

I went to the scrimmage tonight over in Godley. Brownwood's first team offense scored two touchdowns. Keesee had a really pretty 44 yard pass that about 40 yards of it was in the air. Godley first team offense did not score at all, but our first team defense got two fumbles and returned them for scores (I think the score you posted only reflects one of them being returned even though both were clear paths to the goal line).

Our second team offense scored two touchdowns. Colt Bertrand threw a nice 33 yard completion (basically all was in the air in tight coverage). Godley's second team offense also scored two touchdowns.

Kilgo looked really good at RB, both QBs played well. Bertrand had a few good runs. From what I saw the O Line needs the most work, but I was told that some of the O Line was not playing.

I didn't really get to judge our secondary as Godley rarely threw. Our second team did get one interception though.

Neither Brownwood's first or second team offense had a single turnover. There were a lot of flags on both teams (penalty yardage was not enforced but they did throw flags).

Yoe_09
08-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Lexington Vs. Caldwell earlier tonight:

I like what Coach Golforth is doing with this Caldwell program. There was a ton of energy out on the field this evening and they are leaps and bounds better than what they were at this point a year ago. It is going to be an ongoing rebuilding process for the Hornets, but they looked good tonight. The Caldwell D, which will be the strength of this team IMO, really did not allow Lexington to do anything throughout the entire scrimmage. The Eagles may have had a first down or two.

On the other side, Lexington looks really young with not a whole lot of size. I honestly thing it could be a down year for the Eagles, but we will see how they progress over the next several weeks.

China Spring Vs. Cameorn Yoe - tomorrow morning at 9:00

99IHSMustang
08-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Sinton 5 Beeville 0 overall score

Sinton qb Handson starts off 7 for 7 with couple of td passes.
Sinton defense good outing, run defense completely shut down Beeville. Beeville mid way through the scrimmage was getting hammered on almost every play.

Sinton backup qbs each led their unit to td's. Freshman E. Owens looked good when he got his hands on the ball scored twiced and got knocked down at the 1 yd line after a long run after a catch and looked good as a defensive end also

Sinton next scrimmage is against CC Ray next friday.

Nice! Sounds like Sinton is starting out like they did last year.

Cam
08-16-2013, 11:23 PM
Burnet @ Somerset.....message from one of the dads at the scrimmage:

"During scrimmage when both teams ran a series of 10 to 15 plays each they both put a couple of TD's in the end zone. After this they ran a live quarter for 12mins and Burnet was very dominate scoring 21 to 7. Running and passing game both pretty effective. It was a job well done on both sides of the ball. We have some things to work on but overall I believe Burnet is on the right track. Several of our new sophomores stepped up and provided some very nice plays."

I hear Somerset QB Koy Detmer is skinny/lanky like his dad but can really fling the ball!....

Mojo84
08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
That's pretty impressive. Slowing Detmer down like that is a chore.

zebrablue2
08-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Lexington Vs. Caldwell earlier tonight:

I like what Coach Golforth is doing with this Caldwell program. There was a ton of energy out on the field this evening and they are leaps and bounds better than what they were at this point a year ago. It is going to be an ongoing rebuilding process for the Hornets, but they looked good tonight. The Caldwell D, which will be the strength of this team IMO, really did not allow Lexington to do anything throughout the entire scrimmage. The Eagles may have had a first down or two.

On the other side, Lexington looks really young with not a whole lot of size. I honestly thing it could be a down year for the Eagles, but we will see how they progress over the next several weeks.

China Spring Vs. Cameorn Yoe - tomorrow morning at 9:00

You are correct Yoe, energy is a good word for Caldwell. Coach Golforth and his staff have the kids fired up and ready. We may have some Hornet posters rise for the dead this season. There were about 34 kids suited out for Caldwell, good numbers...

MustangFootball
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Anyone in Ingleside know how the scrimmage against Kingsville went?

Ingleside score 3-0 in the controlled part of the scrimmage and 2-1 in the live quarter.....the Mustangs looked sloppy and need a lot of work if they plan on winning this district. The one bright spot in this scrimmage is the running backs look really good after the loss of Marquis Barrolle. The mustangs should be fine by seasons end maybe by the time district starts.....any sooner than that they are gonna have to work hard and play together.:cheerl:

99IHSMustang
08-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Ingleside score 3-0 in the controlled part of the scrimmage and 2-1 in the live quarter.....the Mustangs looked sloppy and need a lot of work if they plan on winning this district. The one bright spot in this scrimmage is the running backs look really good after the loss of Marquis Barrolle. The mustangs should be fine by seasons end maybe by the time district starts.....any sooner than that they are gonna have to work hard and play together.:cheerl:

Well that is what scrimmages are for. To work out the weaknesses and make the necessary adjustments before the regular season begins. Thanks for the info.