PDA

View Full Version : 2013 San Antonio Rock 'N Roll Marathon Series

hollywood
08-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Any downlowers interested in running the half marathon with us? Several from the Ville will be! Always a blast and there's still time to train.

Race day is Nov 17th.

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/san-antonio

Get a great training program from http://halhigdon.com/

hollywood
08-15-2013, 08:22 PM
So I guess no runners on the Downlow? No one going to run with me? A live band every mile of the way. Get ready.....

Free beer at the finish!
:crazy:

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Running and beer are overrated, lol. Now beer by itself, that's a whole different animal entirely.

hollywood
08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Running and beer are overrated, lol. Now beer by itself, that's a whole different animal entirely.

LOL regal! I hear ya.

I've ran 6 marathons and more than double that of half marathons. The 13.1 is half as far and twice as fun! Trust me. And the beer at the finish is refreshing! Ahhh!

We've been known to run a 10-12 mile training run then top it off with a group breakfast and scooners of beer at Fuzzy's! A little insanity never hurt anyone.

:2thumbsup:

D'Highlander
08-16-2013, 02:58 PM
You sound like my aunt... Loved to do those 5k's

She had to have her knee scoped a couple of weeks ago. Dr said it was from all the running. That is all the motivation I need to not run.

:wave:

BwdLion73
08-16-2013, 03:54 PM

She had to have her knee scoped a couple of weeks ago. Dr said it was from all the running. That is all the motivation I need to not run.

Thats what I worry about. I've got a few miles on me and some of them have been rough...I dont want to do anything that would jeopardize me being able to make trips to the liquor store on my own.

hollywood
08-16-2013, 05:15 PM

Well sorry to hear. I have friends who've ran 20+ marathons and still going strong! It's not for everyone.

But we are all designed to run. Just sayin'!

The human body can out run any other mammal on earth distance wise.

Roughneck93
08-16-2013, 07:32 PM
So I guess no runners on the Downlow? No one going to run with me? A live band every mile of the way. Get ready.....

Free beer at the finish!
:crazy:

I love to run, hollywood.
Just never entered in a race of any kind.
One day though, it's on my bucket list. :thumbsup:

hollywood
08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
I love to run, hollywood.
Just never entered in a race of any kind.
One day though, it's on my bucket list. :thumbsup:

Well here's your chance roughneck93! It's not a race to us ameture runners (well between our running group and age group peers it is ;)). The SA Rock 'N Roll events are a blast if you don't mind 20,000+ runners. IF you have the opportunity, you should try it. Plenty of time to train for a half especially if you already run.

:2thumbsup: