PDA

View Full Version : New California Law

TheDOCTORdre
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Its going to let transgender athletes choose to compete as a boy or a girl. What do you think?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-law-let-transgender-student-athletes-choose-compete-101139096.html

defense51
08-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Sounds about right for California...

GreenMonster
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM
What up Dre? It's been years since I've seen your name on here.

GreenMonster
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Its going to let transgender athletes choose to compete as a boy or a girl. What do you think?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-law-let-transgender-student-athletes-choose-compete-101139096.html

It must be OK with the state of Texas and the NCAA as well, Brittany Griner could fit into this issue if you wanted to go that way. Personally, I think it's a non-issue just declare one way or the other and run with it. I just have a hard time thinking someone would ever attempt to change gender just to gain an athletic advantage. This ruling protects the small percentage of people born with both male and female parts, don't laugh it does happen.

Farmersfan
08-15-2013, 03:07 PM
It must be OK with the state of Texas and the NCAA as well, Brittany Griner could fit into this issue if you wanted to go that way. Personally, I think it's a non-issue just declare one way or the other and run with it. I just have a hard time thinking someone would ever attempt to change gender just to gain an athletic advantage. This ruling protects the small percentage of people born with both male and female parts, don't laugh it does happen.

You confuse a hermaphrodite with transgender. Transgender is defined as someone choosing to live as a gender that is opposite of what their biological gender really is. I don't think this helps a female who wants to play in male sports but it grants a HUGE advantage to males who want to play in female sports...........................

trans·gen·der
/tranzˈjendər/
Adjective
Identified with a gender other than the biological one.

TheDOCTORdre
08-15-2013, 03:28 PM
What up Dre? It's been years since I've seen your name on here.

Not too much GM, I do a lot more lurking than posting these days

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm glad we have somebody like FF on this board to keep things politically correct. Can I hear an Amen?

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm glad we have somebody like FF on this board to keep things politically correct. Can I hear an Amen?

Politically correct?

Seems to me likes he's factually correct....?

Phantom Stang
08-15-2013, 07:31 PM
You confuse a hermaphrodite with transgender. Transgender is defined as someone choosing to live as a gender that is opposite of what their biological gender really is. I don't think this helps a female who wants to play in male sports but it grants a HUGE advantage to males who want to play in female sports...........................

trans·gen·der
/tranzˈjendər/
Adjective
So this must mean that being a butch lesbian trapped in a man's body, I can go to California and compete in an over 50 women's arm wrestling competition.:thinking: A drug free one, where all of us "ladies" are tested for steroids, of course.:D

Matthew328
08-15-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd be the jack wagon boy who would claim he identified as a girl just to try and dominate and of course spend QT with the ladies..lol

ogg
08-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Reminds me of the joke, bisexuals have twice the chance of getting a date.

Gone Fishing
08-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Well, I heard today that Wimberley has it's first ever male cheerleader!!!!! Guess its made it"s way to the hill country!........ He used to play football? And was good.

ogg
08-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Was he a flag guy last year?

Gone Fishing
08-15-2013, 09:13 PM
NO, I remember him playing JV his soph year and he was one of the best running backs on the team. Last year he didn't play and it surprised me. I coached him in Little League baseball several years and he was good. And this year, LOL, I heard he made cheerleader! I will say they could use some help on the cheer squad though...LOL.

wimbo_pro
08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I think GreenMonster meant that even though one is born with one gender or the other, they were (are) really the other gender. There is lots of medical evidence to back this up. Doctors often times have to make a choice at birth when looking at the genitalia as to whether it is male or female. It is more common than you think. But even if it is obvious either way, I do believe there are many born as one gender when everything about them is really the opposite.

trans·gen·der
/tranzˈjendər/
Adjective

GreenMonster
08-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I think GreenMonster meant that even though one is born with one gender or the other, they were (are) really the other gender. There is lots of medical evidence to back this up. Doctors often times have to make a choice at birth when looking at the genitalia as to whether it is male or female. It is more common than you think. But even if it is obvious either way, I do believe there are many born as one gender when everything about them is really the opposite.

Umm yeah, that's it! Naw, FF nailed me. Had it confused in my head. Oh well, nobody's perfect 100% of the time ;)

wimbo_pro
08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Umm yeah, that's it! Naw, FF nailed me. Had it confused in my head. Oh well, nobody's perfect 100% of the time ;)

LOL...ummm...ok, nevermind then. LOL