PDA

View Full Version : The city of frisco likes old man balls on their chin

Old Tiger
08-13-2013, 01:20 AM
http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/115-million-deal-to-fund-dallas-cowboys-indoor-training-facility-headquarters.html/

Matthew328
08-13-2013, 06:25 AM
How so?? I think this is a pretty good deal

D'Highlander
08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
http://friscoblog.dallasnews.com/2013/08/115-million-deal-to-fund-dallas-cowboys-indoor-training-facility-headquarters.html/

Frisco would be foolish not to take him up. They will need the added stadium in a few years. The new Valley Ranch will bring tons of tax dollars to the area. They have the space. How is this a bad deal for anyone?

Farmersfan
08-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Anybody who doubts the ability of Frisco to promote growth and prosperity must have been living under a rock these past 15 years!

Matthew328
08-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Anybody who doubts the ability of Frisco to promote growth and prosperity must have been living under a rock these past 15 years!

According to a news release, this project will include $115 million in public investment by the city of Frisco and Frisco ISD.

The agreement calls for the city of Frisco and its development corporations (each funded by a half cent of Frisco's sales tax) to contribute $85 million (city of Frisco, $30 million; Frisco Economic Development Corporation, $30 million; and Frisco Community Development Corporation $25 million).

Frisco ISD's contribution is $30 million. Frisco and the school district are using tax increment finance districts to generate funding.

The Cowboys will be responsible for any cost overruns, will pay the city of Frisco a $100,000 annual lease payment and will share revenue resulting from any sponsorships/naming rights, the release says

Not included but I believe the Cowboys are also responsible for all operating costs of the facility which will be about 1.5 million per year

YTBulldogs
08-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Only in Texas.:2thumbsup

Tejastrue
08-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Them balls are made of brass. Win, win situation here. Now if it can only transcend to the football field.

Matthew328
08-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Them balls are made of brass. Win, win situation here. Now if it can only transcend to the football field.

Frisco ISD has had pretty good success on the gridirion of late....or are you talking about the Cowboys? LOL

Tejastrue
08-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Matt, you know I was talking about the Cowboys. :wave:

cougartino
08-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Jerry's a master at making a buck. But he ain't worth a cheesenit as a GM.

Leopard4Life
08-14-2013, 02:13 AM

I agree 1000%. Frisco will make this money back... and quickly. I don't know how familiar D'Highlander is with that area but in Sales Tax alone Frisco will make it's money back. Plus Frisco just stacked itself with athletes with professional DNA. 4A could be in trouble... for the foreseeable future.

Matthew328
08-14-2013, 08:15 AM
I agree 1000%. Frisco will make this money back... and quickly. I don't know how familiar D'Highlander is with that area but in Sales Tax alone Frisco will make it's money back. Plus Frisco just stacked itself with athletes with professional DNA. 4A could be in trouble... for the foreseeable future.

The city is estimating when the 25 year lease is up that they will gain about 20 billion..yes billion.....the ISD will likely make their money back or come close to it as they have zero operating costs, they will pick up any revenue from naming rights and any concerts, events held at the stadium they will get a cut of....so for them its a good deal because they had to build a stadium anyway..

Farmersfan
08-14-2013, 08:59 AM

I owned a house in the Colony in 1998 before moving to Farmersville. The Colony was 5 times the size as Frisco and the Frisco down town area was the size of the down town area in Farmersville. The growth and development in Frisco is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure there have been some growing pains but overall Frisco is a thriving and robust community........

Farmersfan
08-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Jerry's a master at making a buck. But he ain't worth a cheesenit as a GM.

And having Tony Romo as his QB hasn't helped either! :stirpot: :)

coach
08-14-2013, 09:21 PM
The greatest sports owner ever, but the worst gm ever.