PDA

View Full Version : It's so hot even the cicadas are sayin'.....

Cam
08-10-2013, 08:15 PM
"SCREW THIS!"

So as I was getting out of my car after a long day at work, I noticed a lone cicada on the ground which appeared a bit distressed. My conversation with it went something like this:

Cam: "Hey little fella you OK? I'm Cam. Here, let me help you get back on a tree. Surely you don't want to be on the ground. One of those nasty cicada killer wasps is gonna pick you off. Them some mean sunsbitches!"
Cicada: "Don't touch me you're bending my wing you stupid human! Can't you see I'm trying to dig a hole here? And don't call me Shirley! My name is Sid...short for Sidney."
Cam: "Sorry Sid....so why aren't you up in the trees singing away looking for that special lady? Why are you trying to dig a hole?"
Sid: "I can't stand this heat! It's so hot my proboscis bent! And to hell with the singin'. Don't work anyway! All the lady cicadas say our singing is the same ol' bar scene song and dance!"
Cam: "Well Sid, I gotta admit, all you fellas really do kinda sound the same."
Sid: "Just leave me alone you idiot! Shouldn't you be bothering the Downlowers or something?"
Cam: "Sorry Sid. But what you gonna do? You have wings now. You're not a nymph anymore! You can't go back underground"
Sid: "Get lost moron! I'll figure something out!"
Cam: "Why are you so angry?"
Sid: "Look Cammy, I already told you! Besides, I miss living underground. Been there for 17 years! And I had a pretty good thing going with a certain lady grub worm. Sure, she was a little different and I didn't care for her cookin', but we had a certain chemistry. Even got some slimy earthworms involved every once in a while if you know what I mean!"
Cam: "OK Sid. I'll leave you alone! But I think you're making a big mistake. It's time for you to take flight and continue your life's journey. I also think you'll get used the heat in no time. And besides, you might have something there with that bent proboscis!"
Sid: (with a funny look on his face) "Maybe you're right Sam, Dan, or whatever your name is. Sorry I've been so rude to you. I'll just fly over to that oak tree over there and give it a shot"
Cam: "That's the spirit Sidney. Good luck to you! And if by chance you're in the Liberty Hill area on Oct. 25th, come check out some friday night football and celebrate a Bulldogs victory with us! Your green exoskeleton will fit right in!"
Sid: "You bet!"

So as my new friend Sid flew off and buzzed right by my head, I felt tiny droplets splatter across my face! Damn Sid peed on me! I guess he was a Panther fan!!!:mad:

Morale to the story: Hell I don't know! I got none! Maybe: "Never trust a cicada, even the green ones", or "Insects suck!", or "Cam stories really stink!", or "A pissed cicada will piss on you"........

I'd be willing to bet most of ya'll sometime in your life tried to grab one of them things off a tree branch. You probably failed and as the cicada flew off it chirped and sprayed you in defiance!!!........:foul:

panfan
08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
"SCREW THIS!"

So as I was getting out of my car after a long day at work, I noticed a lone cicada on the ground which appeared a bit distressed. My conversation with it went something like this:

Cam: "Hey little fella you OK? I'm Cam. Here, let me help you get back on a tree. Surely you don't want to be on the ground. One of those nasty cicada killer wasps is gonna pick you off. Them some mean sunsbitches!"
Cicada: "Don't touch me you're bending my wing you stupid human! Can't you see I'm trying to dig a hole here? And don't call me Shirley! My name is Sid...short for Sidney."
Cam: "Sorry Sid....so why aren't you up in the trees singing away looking for that special lady? Why are you trying to dig a hole?"
Sid: "I can't stand this heat! It's so hot my proboscis bent! And to hell with the singin'. Don't work anyway! All the lady cicadas say our singing is the same ol' bar scene song and dance!"
Cam: "Well Sid, I gotta admit, all you fellas really do kinda sound the same."
Sid: "Just leave me alone you idiot! Shouldn't you be bothering the Downlowers or something?"
Cam: "Sorry Sid. But what you gonna do? You have wings now. You're not a nymph anymore! You can't go back underground"
Sid: "Get lost moron! I'll figure something out!"
Cam: "Why are you so angry?"
Sid: "Look Cammy, I already told you! Besides, I miss living underground. Been there for 17 years! And I had a pretty good thing going with a certain lady grub worm. Sure, she was a little different and I didn't care for her cookin', but we had a certain chemistry. Even got some slimy earthworms involved every once in a while if you know what I mean!"
Cam: "OK Sid. I'll leave you alone! But I think you're making a big mistake. It's time for you to take flight and continue your life's journey. I also think you'll get used the heat in no time. And besides, you might have something there with that bent proboscis!"
Sid: (with a funny look on his face) "Maybe you're right Sam, Dan, or whatever your name is. Sorry I've been so rude to you. I'll just fly over to that oak tree over there and give it a shot"
Cam: "That's the spirit Sidney. Good luck to you! And if by chance you're in the Liberty Hill area on Oct. 25th, come check out some friday night football and celebrate a Bulldogs victory with us! Your green exoskeleton will fit right in!"
Sid: "You bet!"

So as my new friend Sid flew off and buzzed right by my head, I felt tiny droplets splatter across my face! Damn Sid peed on me! I guess he was a Panther fan!!!:mad:

Morale to the story: Hell I don't know! I got none! Maybe: "Never trust a cicada, even the green ones", or "Insects suck!", or "Cam stories really stink!", or "A pissed cicada will piss on you"........

I'd be willing to bet most of ya'll sometime in your life tried to grab one of them things off a tree branch. You probably failed and as the cicada flew off it chirped and sprayed you in defiance!!!........:foul:

Put down the peace pipe Cam - its gettin' to your head!

Cam
08-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Put down the peace pipe Cam - its gettin' to your head!

:smoker:.....ya mean like the nepeta cataria (catnip) is gettin' to yours!........:crazy:.............ya mean you didn't enjoy my lovely story??....:bigcry:

panfan
08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
:smoker:.....ya mean like the nepeta cataria (catnip) is gettin' to yours!........:crazy:.............ya mean you didn't enjoy my lovely story??....:bigcry:

I thought it was a great story - true fiction at its best, two thumps up. Kinda of reminded me of the trip Walt Disney was one when they made Alice in Wonderland or even better the trip Jefferson airplane was on when they wrote the song about it!!!! Thus, if the medical mary jane is helping with the stones, then keep it up, it is providing for some interesting reading. LOL!! :2thumbsup

BTW - I know it is all you and no enhancements are needed. Kinda of scary.

panfan
08-12-2013, 12:17 PM

BTW - I ran into Sid this weekend - said that sumbitch Cam was freakin' him out and of course he would welcome a home side seat at the LH vs Burnett game and would be happy to wear a purple shirt. Said all his relatives would be rooting for LH as well

Cam
08-12-2013, 03:43 PM
BTW - I ran into Sid this weekend - said that sumbitch Cam was freakin' him out and of course he would welcome a home side seat at the LH vs Burnett game and would be happy to wear a purple shirt. Said all his relatives would be rooting for LH as well

Why that little bastard!.....you tell Sid and his relatives they best be lookin' over their wings!.......I've since made friends with a particular group of cicada killer wasps and they're coming to the game!.......
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWSFaYoP7Lu2OGehwR56mHezK4b_hdD 1H9h39frJXe0Cdex3FPTQ

Cam
08-12-2013, 03:43 PM

And panfan.....let this be the last time you misspell Burnet!......otherwise, I'll be forced to do the same with Liberty Nil.....

Cam
08-12-2013, 04:05 PM

Wait a minute!....:thinking:....I just thought of something!.....Panfan, you just told me the other day you had no seats on the LH side!.....and now you have a seat for an uninterested insect!.......now I know where I really stand panfan...now I know.......

bobcat1
08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
You should have caught him, tied a lit firecracker to him and threw him in the air. Fun Fun Fun.:wave: