PDA

View Full Version : Week 0 games and predictions

orange machine
08-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't recon its to early to talk about the 1st game of the year. Celina will look to rebound and avenge their loss last year to Melissa. I think this will be a close game, but I think Celina pulls this one out.

Pudlugger
08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
This year the leps host Marble Falls. Last year the Mustangs honed in on a defense mismatch and rung up a bunch of points to win going away 52-35. This year will be different as they have to trek 3 hours to our house and will not have their D1 QB to throw to their D! WR Grey. The leps will control the clock and run it out to win 35-21.

orange machine
08-10-2013, 08:18 PM
This year the leps host Marble Falls. Last year the Mustangs honed in on a defense mismatch and rung up a bunch of points to win going away 52-35. This year will be different as they have to trek 3 hours to our house and will not have their D1 QB to throw to their D! WR Grey. The leps will control the clock and run it out to win 35-21.

Do y'all still have that big tightend?

Cam
08-10-2013, 08:25 PM

Hope ya'll put a whoopin' to them pudlugger!....We in Burnet got friends in Marble but don't like their football teams!.....Especially now with Dodge there...In saying that, their QB is gone but they got another good one. He's only a soph. but looks promising. It don't take much to get it to Gray. He's so dang tall it's hard to defend him. Marble will probably also have some good size but not sure. My news reporter buddy over thinks Marble will still struggle cause they're pretty young and in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state. Buddy actually admitted that Burnet will probably take this years rivalry game with Marble.....we'll shall see......that game is usually pretty entertaining.....throw the records out the door on that one!.....

Cam
08-10-2013, 08:37 PM
8/30: Burnet @ Fredericksburg

Don't know a whole lot about the Billies....who's got the scoop on them?
And who from Billieland wants to start some?

Pudlugger
08-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Do y'all still have that big tightend?

Trey Supak who pitched the semi final win in our road to the SC in baseball this year suffered a torn ACL in our 7th game against Giddings. He underwent surgery and a very strenuous rehab to be able to pitch last season. He is being looked at by several pro scouts according to Hookandladder who is the last word in LG baseball on this board. I have not heard but assume he is not reporting for football with so much on the line. We have a very capable TE in #14 Scott so no worries mate.

Bosqueville
08-10-2013, 08:49 PM
China Spring takes on Mexia. Mexia coming off a 2-9 playoff season. China Spring does not return much but I still believe CS wins by 14 or more.

hollywood
08-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Viva la Mexico!

Monterrey Prepa Techa vs Stephenville for another week 0 game this year. I bet the Jackets will be much more prepared this year. Quickly found out last season that Monterrey wasn't sitting around eating tortillas and drinking Tecate all summer!

orange machine
08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Viva la Mexico!

Monterrey Prepa Techa vs Stephenville for another week 0 game this year. I bet the Jackets will be much more prepared this year. Quickly found out last season that Monterrey wasn't sitting around eating tortillas and drinking Tecate all summer!
Lol that's pretty funny!

Cam
08-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Viva la Mexico!

I don't know hollywood.....tortillas in Mexico are considered over-rated. Americans probably eat more of them things than they do!....now as for the Tecate, they probably got us beat on that one! I got a cousin who once owned a liquor store near Mexico City..Went out of business in less than a year...When I asked Sergio what happened, he simply said, "I drank it all!".......that boy had some serious drinkin' problems....true story!:doh:......I love that sunbitch...only person I know who has one green eye and one blue!...strange human indeed!....

Tejastrue
08-10-2013, 10:39 PM

I believe Regal is the only one on here that actually lives in Fredericksburg... but he just moved there. Maybe he has some new info and will share some banter with you although I think Argyle will remain his 1st love.

Ville-D
08-10-2013, 10:48 PM
In saying that, their QB is gone but they got another good one. He's only a soph. but looks promising.

He moved to MF from Stephenville. He wasn't going to get to play any till his SR year here (behind Stidham)

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Viva la Mexico!

If they send the college team again like they did last year (I could already tell after the result) Stephenville will be in for a good one.

easttexas3a
08-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Palestine @ Waco La Vega

Palestine bringing a lot back....La Vega losing most of last year's team. Ended 24-23 last year in overtime with Palestine losing after leading most of the game.

I think Palestine wins....and I think it will be big. 49-14

regaleagle
08-11-2013, 02:58 AM

From what I've been able to ascertain, the Billies are still a year away from being a serious threat to the likes of a team like Burnet. Their QB this season is Kyle Grona, a junior that was the starter last season as a soph. They are young as a team, and I believe Head Coach Lance Moffett will be in his third year this season of building his program. From what I have read, they will be somewhat green to start the season, but by district play should be fighting for that 4th playoff spot. This 27-3A district looks to be shaping up as a competitive one this season....with Wimberley, Navarro, and Boerne all looking pretty strong. Fred needs to beat Canyon Lake and Bandera to get the 4th spot, and I fully expect they will do that. This team will probably improve quite a bit as the season progresses. They went 5-5 last season, but only 1-4 in district play. But now Grona has a year under his belt and quite a few returning with him. They may be able to at least give Burnet a good opening test.

regaleagle
08-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Now let's talk about those Argyle Eagles. Week 0 has them traveling to Abilene Wylie to take on those pesky Bulldogs. This will be a rock-em sock-em type affair. Wylie has numbers and a program, so it will take a great effort for Argyle to win at their house. Coach Sandifer and Coach Rodgers are both very successful coaches in their own right and will have their respective teams ready to go full tilt. This is one of the better matchups for Week 0 in 3A. I won't be able to attend, but I usually listen to it on my laptop. Since Burnet will be playing here in Fred that week, I haven't figured out yet how to watch that game and listen to the Argyle/Wylie game at the same time. I'm just not that computer literate, but maybe I can get my son to hook me up. I'll just say this to those Wylie Bulldog fans.....look out for RB Ralston, he's a beast and only a junior this season. He's sneaky fast and just a bull to bring down. Sadler will amaze, no doubt. There's no player on the field that will seem to be more comfortable in traffic and yet so elusive. QB Brandon Boyzuick will be much better leading the team this season as a Sr., and Conner Wilson at safety led the defense in tackles last season with that great D Argyle had. Then there's Sam Sizelove at LB you have to look out for. He's a one-man wrecking crew, but has a partner in crime in Colton Hinnrichs, another stellar defensive standout at the other LB spot. And that don't even count Jimmy Manos, Reese Thompson, Hunter Treadwell, and Micah Capra. Just about all of these players have 2 seasons...2 very deep seasons against top teams...under their belt. That's what you can look forward to when you play the Argyle Eagles this season.....lots of experienced players on both sides of the ball. They may not win all their games, but I'm not betting against it.

regaleagle
08-11-2013, 03:39 AM
I should also mention that Argyle has four D-1 commits so far on this team. I failed to mention our kicker, Cole Hedland. He's a senior this season and one of the best in 3A. He's a verbal D-1 already, along with Sadler, Wilson, and Sizelove. I believe there will be a couple of other players that MAY be offered D-1 eventually off this team. I expect Boyzuick to get an offer in baseball, and Thompson in track, if not football. Hinnrichs has a shot, as does Capra and Manos. These are some seasoned well-coached players that understand what it takes to compete at a very high level.

buckeyebob
08-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't know hollywood.....tortillas in Mexico are considered over-rated. Americans probably eat more of them things than they do!....now as for the Tecate, they probably got us beat on that one! I got a cousin who once owned a liquor store near Mexico City..Went out of business in less than a year...When I asked Sergio what happened, he simply said, "I drank it all!".......that boy had some serious drinkin' problems....true story!:doh:......I love that sunbitch...only person I know who has one green eye and one blue!...strange human indeed!....

It has been sceintifically proven that strangeness is genetically linked...& that's the truth

buckeyebob
08-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Week 0, Thursday, August 29th, 7:30PM, Buckeye Stadium, the Gilmer Buckeyes take on the mighty Atlanta Rabbits (grrrrr in the background)...AN OLD FOE WHO ALWAYS PLAYS US HARD (accept for 1930, 88-0)...I am a homer so it is impossible to give an unbiased opinion...the Buckeyes look very good so I will have to say we take 'em.

This is a Thursday night...come see out new refurbished stadium & a good game...it still leaves Friday open.

FB-fanatic
08-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Lorena Leopards take on the Madisonville Mustangs at Madisonville. Lorena dropped the game last year 24-18.

After throwing a pick-6 on the very first play of the year vs Madisonville, and struggling to stop Dontae Crist, Lorena finishes the season with district championship and a 3-deep playoff run. Madsonville returns Crist, a 1000yd+ rusher, though Lorena returns a strong defensive front in 4-yr starter nose guard Trevor Beard 5-11/290 35 solo tackles, 51 assist, 86 total, 2 QB sacks All District , 3yr starter Bobby Strahan Dist Co-Defensive MVP 116 tackles 21 TFL, 3 yr starter DT Perlowski 2nd team all district, Chase Campbell 5-10/190 70 solo tackles, 92 assist, 162 Total, 1 INT All District.

Playing on the road, and rebuilding a front line with only one returning starter, Lorena will be challenged. Homer pick is Lorena by 6.

orange machine
08-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Week 0, Thursday, August 29th, 7:30PM, Buckeye Stadium, the Gilmer Buckeyes take on the mighty Atlanta Rabbits (grrrrr in the background)...AN OLD FOE WHO ALWAYS PLAYS US HARD (accept for 1930, 88-0)...I am a homer so it is impossible to give an unbiased opinion...the Buckeyes look very good so I will have to say we take 'em.

This is a Thursday night...come see out new refurbished stadium & a good game...it still leaves Friday open.
Got any pictures of the renovation?

bobcat1
08-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Now let's talk about those Argyle Eagles. Week 0 has them traveling to Abilene Wylie to take on those pesky Bulldogs. This will be a rock-em sock-em type affair. Wylie has numbers and a program, so it will take a great effort for Argyle to win at their house. Coach Sandifer and Coach Rodgers are both very successful coaches in their own right and will have their respective teams ready to go full tilt. This is one of the better matchups for Week 0 in 3A. I won't be able to attend, but I usually listen to it on my laptop. Since Burnet will be playing here in Fred that week, I haven't figured out yet how to watch that game and listen to the Argyle/Wylie game at the same time. I'm just not that computer literate, but maybe I can get my son to hook me up. I'll just say this to those Wylie Bulldog fans.....look out for RB Ralston, he's a beast and only a junior this season. He's sneaky fast and just a bull to bring down. Sadler will amaze, no doubt. There's no player on the field that will seem to be more comfortable in traffic and yet so elusive. QB Brandon Boyzuick will be much better leading the team this season as a Sr., and Conner Wilson at safety led the defense in tackles last season with that great D Argyle had. Then there's Sam Sizelove at LB you have to look out for. He's a one-man wrecking crew, but has a partner in crime in Colton Hinnrichs, another stellar defensive standout at the other LB spot. And that don't even count Jimmy Manos, Reese Thompson, Hunter Treadwell, and Micah Capra. Just about all of these players have 2 seasons...2 very deep seasons against top teams...under their belt. That's what you can look forward to when you play the Argyle Eagles this season.....lots of experienced players on both sides of the ball. They may not win all their games, but I'm not betting against it.

I should also mention that Argyle has four D-1 commits so far on this team. I failed to mention our kicker, Cole Hedland. He's a senior this season and one of the best in 3A. He's a verbal D-1 already, along with Sadler, Wilson, and Sizelove. I believe there will be a couple of other players that MAY be offered D-1 eventually off this team. I expect Boyzuick to get an offer in baseball, and Thompson in track, if not football. Hinnrichs has a shot, as does Capra and Manos. These are some seasoned well-coached players that understand what it takes to compete at a very high level.

Scary times indeed in district for all of the other teams. :eek:

orange machine
08-11-2013, 04:42 PM

I just found this, y'all should be very proud its really nice.
http://gilmerbuckeyes.blogspot.com/2013/08/home-of-buckeyes.html?m=1

orange machine
08-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Scary times indeed in district for all of the other teams. :eek:

Good news is Argyle has the target on their backs and hopefully Celina will actually give them a game this year.

Cam
08-11-2013, 05:11 PM
It has been sceintifically proven that strangeness is genetically linked...& that's the truth

:crazy1:

footballfine09
08-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Last years qb at marble was not D1. Not sure he is even playing football in college

Aesculus gilmus
08-11-2013, 06:57 PM

The contractor has a Facebook page with a lot of photos:
https://www.facebook.com/WrlGcGilmerStadiumImprovements

Cam
08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Last years qb at marble was not D1. Not sure he is even playing football in college

Mike Richardson signed with Blinn last I heard......

orange machine
08-11-2013, 07:13 PM
The contractor has a Facebook page with a lot of photos:
https://www.facebook.com/WrlGcGilmerStadiumImprovements
That's really nice congratulations the bux deserve that!

buckeyebob
08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Overhead View
My Favorite View
Entrance

buckeyebob
08-12-2013, 11:13 AM

Thanks...we are

Rabid Cougar
08-12-2013, 11:16 AM
China Spring takes on Mexia. Mexia coming off a 2-9 playoff season. China Spring does not return much but I still believe CS wins by 14 or more.

Actually after witnessing a few practices, I think we will do just fine. Will get a better read after Saturday's scrimamge vs Cameron.

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Mike Richardson signed with Blinn last I heard......

He is not at Blinn, at least I know for sure as far as playing Football.

Cam
08-12-2013, 11:23 AM
He is not at Blinn, at least I know for sure as far as playing Football.

I'm not for sure.....got my info through the Marble paper: http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/05/29/former-mustang-qb-chooses-college-staff-that-formed-heisman-trophy-winner/

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 11:23 AM

I feel this will be a tough matchup again this year for the Leps, pass defense is not the Leps strong point this early in the season. Defense will need to fill some big shoes and also with Davis at QB this creates another big void in the secondary unless they play him both ways which I doubt, for Leps to win this game the offense must control the clock like you mention Pud.

panfan
08-12-2013, 11:24 AM
LH takes on Giddngs in Week zero. It was a very close game last year, and we lost by 2? something like that. Anyway, field goal would have won it, as well as not muffing the on side kick. I don't see those things repeating themselves this year. I think we take it to the Buff this year in a solid win. I know they will be tough, but so will we.

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm not for sure.....got my info through the Marble paper: http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/05/29/former-mustang-qb-chooses-college-staff-that-formed-heisman-trophy-winner/

I am for sure , he is not playing football at Blinn. Heard he might have went somewhere else , might have been in baseball.

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 11:38 AM
LH takes on Giddngs in Week zero. It was a very close game last year, and we lost by 2? something like that. Anyway, field goal would have won it, as well as not muffing the on side kick. I don't see those things repeating themselves this year. I think we take it to the Buff this year in a solid win. I know they will be tough, but so will we.

I do not think Giddings will be any better then last year, they did not make the playoffs last year and District will be just as tough again this year.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 12:04 PM

I believe that Richardson is playing at Blinn...Marbles next QB should progress pretty well he is from QB FACTORY up in Stephenville. He already has an offer from Akron

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I believe that Richardson is playing at Blinn...Marbles next QB should progress pretty well he is from QB FACTORY up in Stephenville. He already has an offer from Akron

Did you not read my post above, he is not at Blinn. Definitely not playing football at Blinn.

panfan
08-12-2013, 01:09 PM
I do not think Giddings will be any better then last year, they did not make the playoffs last year and District will be just as tough again this year.

ya'll had a bull of a running back last year. Did he graduate?

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 01:21 PM
ya'll had a bull of a running back last year. Did he graduate?

No running backs graduated , all will be back with one stud freshman seeing time back there also. QB and center were the only staters that graduated , there were some Seniors that started on offense however by the last game only two were starting.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Did you not read my post above, he is not at Blinn. Definitely not playing football at Blinn.

Sorry I posted reply before reading the entire thread. Last I had heard in Marble Falls that as of May 30th he had committed to play at Blinn...don't know if it was for baseball or football

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Sorry I posted reply before reading the entire thread. Last I had heard in Marble Falls that as of May 30th he had committed to play at Blinn...don't know if it was for baseball or football

Last time I talked to the head baseball coach at Blinn he was not aware of a Richardson kid coming to play baseball, that was about a month ago. Pretty sure he went somewhere other then Blinn, where in what sport if any I do not know.

Pudlugger
08-13-2013, 10:26 AM
No running backs graduated , all will be back with one stud freshman seeing time back there also. QB and center were the only staters that graduated , there were some Seniors that started on offense however by the last game only two were starting.

The Leps are loaded this year on offense. If the defense can hold the opponents to 21 points or less the Leps should have a great season. With the DC this season we should be in very good shape by district.

footballgal
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Port Isabel Tarpons 32-3A vs Brownsville Memorial Veterarns (32-5A) Saturday,

August 31st. Aug, 31 7:30p
@ Veterans Memorial (Brownsville, TX)Location: Veterans Memorial High School

toddg
08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Alvarado gets to travel to Bridgeport and Bull Stadium for a week 0 matchup with the Bulls..should be a better game than last year..they had some young players with potential last year, so they will be better...as always, will be a hard fought game regardless the score..i predict an Indian win..cause im a former Indian with Indian sons in the program and thats what i do!!

MustangFootball
08-13-2013, 09:52 PM
Ingleside vs Refugio August 30.

Gonna be an awesome game, can't wait!!!!!!:1popcorn:

YTBulldogs
08-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Port Isabel Tarpons 32-3A vs Brownsville Memorial Veterarns (32-5A) Saturday,

August 31st. Aug, 31 7:30p
@ Veterans Memorial (Brownsville, TX)Location: Veterans Memorial High School

Tarpons 50-0.

Ville-D
08-14-2013, 11:02 PM
I know one thing... October 18th (week 7) Stephenville is going to light up the scoreboard and win by at least 21... ;)

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

Rattler
08-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Graham Vs Mineral Wells 8-30-13 ... Graham by 30+

toddg
08-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I know one thing... October 18th (week 7) Stephenville is going to light up the scoreboard and win by at least 21... ;)

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

"The silence of a falling star
Light's up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
the yellerjackets will surely cry..."http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/hank1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/chor.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

hollywood
08-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Light's up a purple sky
the yellerjackets will surely cry..."http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/hank1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/12962/chor.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

You just keep it up toddg :smoker:... you'll snap out of it one day.

Ville-D
08-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Light's up a purple sky

You coming to the Granbury scrimmage in Stephenville next Friday?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

TXfootballboi!
08-15-2013, 06:21 PM
The ville only beat alvarado by 12 last year?

TXfootballboi!
08-15-2013, 06:22 PM
I just don't see it being a blowout

hollywood
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Yep that's it.. 12 measly points. At least 21 this year. The Ville will have more talent coming back and moving up than Alvarillo. And, more importantly a better scheme. Expectations run high son.

TXfootballboi!
08-15-2013, 09:08 PM
How? Alvarados jv beat thw villes jv last year and the whole defense is back except for 2 spots so I see it being closer than last year

defense51
08-15-2013, 10:08 PM
You coming to the Granbury scrimmage in Stephenville next Friday?

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D I think my son and I are going to make it. I have a couple of extra "Purple Reign" t-shirts if you want one. :)

hollywood
08-15-2013, 10:30 PM
How? Alvarados jv beat thw villes jv last year and the whole defense is back except for 2 spots so I see it being closer than last year

Lol... I knew this was coming. Do you really think because ones JV beat the other the year before translates into a win or a close game the next season on the varsity level? Whooooo, you got it all figured out.

football8
08-15-2013, 11:28 PM
we have some new faces too. Check out our nose guard.

Lion70
08-16-2013, 06:39 AM
HENDERSON @ Plano Prestenwood last year we were taken behind the woodshed with a good team. This year Henderson is rebuilding and Presten is not as good. I will still take the Private school by 3 touchdowns 42-21.

ahs_indian_fan
08-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Lol... I knew this was coming. Do you really think because ones JV beat the other the year before translates into a win or a close game the next season on the varsity level? Whooooo, you got it all figured out.

Actually, you were the one that said Sville had more moving up than Alvarado ...

Bullaholic
08-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Alvarado gets to travel to Bridgeport and Bull Stadium for a week 0 matchup with the Bulls..should be a better game than last year..they had some young players with potential last year, so they will be better...as always, will be a hard fought game regardless the score..i predict an Indian win..cause im a former Indian with Indian sons in the program and thats what i do!!

Sure hate to be the one picking up all those Indian feathers off our new turf---:D We look forward to welcoming our friends from Alvarado to Bull Stadium, todd---it is always good to play a quality program like Alvarado. Wish our team was a little deeper and more experienced this season---but after scrimmaging Argyle and Celina, then playing Alvarado and Abilene Wylie in the first 2 weeks of the season---our boys should mature in a hurry, if the old saying that the strongest steel comes from the hottest forge is true.

hollywood
08-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Actually, you were the one that said Sville had more moving up than Alvarado ...

And does that translate into a close game or loss because of how the JV's played? lol That was my point.

Yes, Stephenville has some talented kids moving up.

Ville-D
08-16-2013, 09:46 AM
I think my son and I are going to make it. I have a couple of extra "Purple Reign" t-shirts if you want one. :)

Sure. Bring me one.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

ccmom
08-16-2013, 11:09 AM
Sure hate to be the one picking up all those Indian feathers off our new turf---:D We look forward to welcoming our friends from Alvarado to Bull Stadium, todd---it is always good to play a quality program like Alvarado. Wish our team was a little deeper and more experienced this season---but after scrimmaging Argyle and Celina, then playing Alvarado and Abilene Wylie in the first 2 weeks of the season---our boys should mature in a hurry, if the old saying that the strongest steel comes from the hottest forge is true.

That's quite a way to kick off the season. I like that kind of schedule. Good luck to the Bulls! I look forward to traveling there this season.

orange machine
08-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't recon its to early to talk about the 1st game of the year. Celina will look to rebound and avenge their loss last year to Melissa. I think this will be a close game, but I think Celina pulls this one out.

I have decided to change this a little. This will still be a close game, but who knows who wins!