PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All Once Again!!

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 11:13 AM
It's another year...and here we are again!! Good to see my old friends here as we kick off another year, this should be a good one!

Bosqueville
08-10-2013, 12:11 PM
And here you are. Football is near!

ccmom
08-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Woohoo...it's getting real now. :)

hollywood
08-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Wuz up WP? Getting closer!

Tejastrue
08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome back Wimbo! Got some insight on the Texans?

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Welcome back Wimbo! Got some insight on the Texans?

Hello backatcha! I hear from one of the coaches that things are moving along as expected, obviously too early to say much. Our talent level is stronger than last year, but still some key positions to fill. We should be in good shape come opening day....then the play offs...but lots of work to do in the meantime. I dont know much about the new head coach (others do and are positive about his abilities), we will find out soon!!! What do you hear?

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 02:36 PM
And here you are. Football is near!

Yo Bosqueville! Whats going on with you?

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Woohoo...it's getting real now. :)

CCMOM!!! How are you??? How's your team looking?

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Wuz up WP? Getting closer!

Hey Hollywood! Ready for some football?? LOL

bobcat1
08-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Welcome back Wimpy!

Bosqueville
08-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Yo Bosqueville! Whats going on with you?

The oldest is now on the Freshmen team at China Spring so I will have to cheer for the powder blue!

Phantom Stang
08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome back!!

Cam
08-10-2013, 05:30 PM
...welcome back wimbo!.....and that's really kind of you to offer to buy me a hamburger & fries at our Wimberley/Burnet scrimmage in a couple of weeks!......:D

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome back!!

Thanks Stang! Good to see you again.

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 08:41 PM
...welcome back wimbo!.....and that's really kind of you to offer to buy me a hamburger & fries at our Wimberley/Burnet scrimmage in a couple of weeks!......:D

You got a deal, Cam!

Tejastrue
08-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Hello backatcha! I hear from one of the coaches that things are moving along as expected, obviously too early to say much. Our talent level is stronger than last year, but still some key positions to fill. We should be in good shape come opening day....then the play offs...but lots of work to do in the meantime. I dont know much about the new head coach (others do and are positive about his abilities), we will find out soon!!! What do you hear?

Most are saying that Coach Warren is the best that thing that could have happened for the team, with Coach Nelms and Coach Smith now gone. Our receiving core will be much better..that I do know. Apparently we'll have a battle for the QB position although I think when the dust clears Cerday will be the starter. I think GF said we had 2 move in QBs ready to make a challenge. Not sure about the RBs other than Lambert. Gonna try and make the Calallen scrimmage next Saturday to get my Texan football fix. Been going thru withdrawals of late. lol

wimbo_pro
08-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Welcome back Wimpy!

Yo Bobcat!! How you doing?

ccmom
08-11-2013, 09:08 AM
CCMOM!!! How are you??? How's your team looking?

All is well here. As usual, the Bulldogs don't return many starters, but that's kinda the way we roll most of the time. There will be lots of boys ready to leave their mark. I'm excited!!

bobcat1
08-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Yo Bobcat!! How you doing?

Doing good sir! Glad to see you are on the right side of the grass.:2thumbsup

Manso/V8
08-11-2013, 08:55 PM
It's another year...and here we are again!! Good to see my old friends here as we kick off another year, this should be a good one!

Glad to see you are back...........I sure missed getting your opinion post Bellville-Wimberley game last season.

Gone Fishing
08-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Most are saying that Coach Warren is the best that thing that could have happened for the team, with Coach Nelms and Coach Smith now gone. Our receiving core will be much better..that I do know. Apparently we'll have a battle for the QB position although I think when the dust clears Cerday will be the starter. I think GF said we had 2 move in QBs ready to make a challenge. Not sure about the RBs other than Lambert. Gonna try and make the Calallen scrimmage next Saturday to get my Texan football fix. Been going thru withdrawals of late. lol

Hello Wimbo...Its football season! Good to be back, right? Tejas, I had heard of some move ins way back, but no QB's I see unless maybe underclassmen. I do know that the senior QB has surprised people with the improvement he has made in the last year. Playing Jv last year really helped him and Cerday got only a couple of games last year. The Senior kid has had great coaching I understand and what I see has great footwork and a good arm and good smart head and is taller, Problem may be his speed and Cerday is a stronger runner. Its funny how some kids are late bloomers though and some are too early of bloomers. I do believe Cerday will get the first chance probably. I am impressed with receivers too, and a couple of linebackers and running backs that are coming off last years Jv will surprise you and make you wonder why they didn't play varsity last year when we had no depth. It will pay off this year though. Once again secondary scares me. I think the OL and DL will be solid. Saucier and Cockerham will have both those groups ready with decent depth. I think Texans can be very solid. I also believe Boerne and Fred are going to be very good. Should be fun, with four getting in (crazy) i'll go out on a limb and guarantee Texans make the playoffs and maybe even win the district, but I believe for the first time in 4 years they may lose a district game. I hope I can make the scrimmages too, but not sure. For the first time in 6 years I missed the team scrimmage Sat. Anybody have any insight to how it went.

Gone Fishing
08-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Glad to see you are back...........I sure missed getting your opinion post Bellville-Wimberley game last season.

Hey Manso, I'm liking the video now! Lol... Good luck to you guys.

Manso/V8
08-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey Manso, I'm liking the video now! Lol... Good luck to you guys.

I considered bringing the whack clip back for Wimbo to enjoy, but thought it would be better to focus on this season rather than last season.

There are a lot of high hopes and expectations for the Brahmas this year, but I will reserve judgement until I see them play a few games.
I was out of town and missed the intrasquad scrimmage.
Yoakum is coming to town Saturday, i plan on going to that one.

Good luck to WT t his year.
I hope we get a chance to play y'all again this year!

panfan
08-12-2013, 10:06 AM

LH is looking forward to coming down there and playing ya'll this year - next to Burnet, even though not a district game - our biggest rivalry is with the Texans - its about braggin rights. Hope to meet some of Ya'll Wimberley folks when there.

ogg
08-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Yesssssir!!!!, , , Let's get this party started. Welcome back Wimbo.

ogg
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM
LH is looking forward to coming down there and playing ya'll this year - next to Burnet, even though not a district game - our biggest rivalry is with the Texans - its about braggin rights. Hope to meet some of Ya'll Wimberley folks when there.

I have that game circled on the calender. Centex football at it's best.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Texans up in Burnet next week...should be a nice little warm up to Zero Week. Be safe on your travels up here!!

ogg
08-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Texans up in Burnet next week...should be a nice little warm up to Zero Week. Be safe on your travels up here!!

Burnet should makes some noise this year! What's that qb's name? he's a Jr right?

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Burnet should makes some noise this year! What's that qb's name? he's a Jr right?

He is now a Senior. His name is Derek Kiser

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2013, 05:33 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi, wimpy.

wimbo_pro
08-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey GF! Good to see you again. Gonna be an interesting year!

Hello Wimbo...Its football season! Good to be back, right? Tejas, I had heard of some move ins way back, but no QB's I see unless maybe underclassmen. I do know that the senior QB has surprised people with the improvement he has made in the last year. Playing Jv last year really helped him and Cerday got only a couple of games last year. The Senior kid has had great coaching I understand and what I see has great footwork and a good arm and good smart head and is taller, Problem may be his speed and Cerday is a stronger runner. Its funny how some kids are late bloomers though and some are too early of bloomers. I do believe Cerday will get the first chance probably. I am impressed with receivers too, and a couple of linebackers and running backs that are coming off last years Jv will surprise you and make you wonder why they didn't play varsity last year when we had no depth. It will pay off this year though. Once again secondary scares me. I think the OL and DL will be solid. Saucier and Cockerham will have both those groups ready with decent depth. I think Texans can be very solid. I also believe Boerne and Fred are going to be very good. Should be fun, with four getting in (crazy) i'll go out on a limb and guarantee Texans make the playoffs and maybe even win the district, but I believe for the first time in 4 years they may lose a district game. I hope I can make the scrimmages too, but not sure. For the first time in 6 years I missed the team scrimmage Sat. Anybody have any insight to how it went.

wimbo_pro
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
:wave: :wave: Hi, wimpy.

Hey there LHPM!!! Cannot wait to see you guys here in week 6 (or 5?). We both seem to be in sync this year....improving teams with some youth. Could be like 2005/06!!!

wimbo_pro
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Yesssssir!!!!, , , Let's get this party started. Welcome back Wimbo.

yo OGG!

wimbo_pro
08-13-2013, 04:50 PM

And hello Manso! Lets argue about something...you pick it!!!

Gone Fishing
08-13-2013, 08:26 PM
I guess I will have to be much more objective in my opinions this year, LOL, although I do know Texan football very well and somebody should listen!!,,,,,LOL...I've been watching as long as you Wimbo, your nephew, my son or many many many other kids that I have seen and know coming up from the old CFPO days and then into Nelms! I think Warren is a good man and coach, It will be tough though. With that said ,I think the talent level is just a little better this year than last year, but seriously lacking leaders, and that could be the difference.