PDA

View Full Version : To All DownLow Members...

bearcat1
06-23-2003, 07:40 PM
First I want to thank you all for your loyalty to this site. When G2k1 and I started the down low a few years ago, it was only intended to be a fun little something to do...and it has blossomed into what I believe is the best high school football site on the internet. That is awesome and it is only because of you people who have visited our site, liked it, and helped it grow. You are the greatest fans around. Now to the tough part: I have made a decision that I feel is the one I have to make. I can no longer continue to be the region I rep for the site. I truly appreciate all of your support. Recognize that I have thought about this long and hard, and I am doing what I feel is best for the site. Relinquishing my duties was not a decision that I made lightly. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart, to you that have been here since our conception, to you who are newly acquired friends. May the down low continue to grow and prosper...just like all of your teams.
Love to all,
Bearcat1

Ranger Mom
06-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Awww, I hate to hear that Bearcat. I have to admit, I kinda wondered when you were moving last year if you would be here much longer.

Thank YOU, for helping out on such a great site. I wish you ALL the best!!

sinton66
06-23-2003, 07:50 PM
I hate to hear that too, You have been a great asset to the site as the R1 rep. Please don't disappear completely on us! wink

vet93
06-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Bummer...I sure have enjoyed your insight the past few years...even when you picked against the Bearcats (Ballinger, not Aledo!!!). I hope that you will still visit and share your thoughts from time to time...We will sure miss you as head of the region I sight.

eye of the tiger
06-23-2003, 10:23 PM
I will miss you my friend. Please drop in from time to time. And thank you for all you have done for us. Good luck to you in everything you do.

Old Tiger
06-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Although I have not been on the board that long farewell.

exbccards76'smom
06-24-2003, 05:51 AM
Thank you for all your hard work. i appreciate it. Good luck to you in the future, and come back to see us sometimes.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Although she did a great job with Region 1, her biggest contribution was putting up with me when we decided to go for it... It was always fun doing the site with her, I hope she drops in once in a while to give out an hola or two...

Thanks for everything, bearcat1!

big daddy russ
06-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey Gobbla, Bearcat... what exactly is the story behind this site? Are you guys college buddies or something? I'm sure everyone on here could go for a little history lesson.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2003, 10:52 AM
No, I first got a computer when I was 15 (1998) and it was Christmas and Cuero had just gotten back from losing at State so I got on the internet, started learning my way around things and finally found The Pigskin Prep message board...

Some way or the other I was invited to a chat room by a guy who had a website from Abilene Cooper... bearcat1 was there... She was really nice, but I found out she was from Aledo (who we had just lost state to) and I kinda felt like I had to suck up etc...

Anyway in the summer of 2000 we had our own sites, one for the Aledo Bearcats (accually I believe she was doing one for the Ralls Rabbits as well) and I had one for the Cuero Gobblers...

One day I said to her 'Hey, bc, you know what? I think we should have this site that covers all of 3A!' and she said something along the lines of 'I've kinda been thinking the same thing'...

So we had all of the plans but no name and I just said 'How about the 3a Down Low heheh', thing was I was just playing around, but it had a catch, so we kept it...

That's how it all began...

Phil C
06-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Great job Gob and Bear! We will miss you bear Bear but keep posting sometimes.

Jacket2000
06-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Gobbla's leaving out a very intricate part of the story.
About the time that the version of the site you now see got up and running, he disappeared and left everyone high and dry. After about 3 weeks of tryin' to find out what the deal was, I had to take over region 4(yes,me, Jacket2000 was in charge of region4). That's why he's no longer part of the site. Im just starting to get sick of seeing all of this "I started this site" BS, when he has had next to nothing to do with it's success.
J2K

Ranger Mom
06-24-2003, 11:49 AM
Ahhh, all of this is starting to ring a bell with me now.

When I joined last year, I remember Gobbla and Bearcat kinda going at it on here. For once, I didn't put my 2 cents worth in, but have to admit, I kinda wondered if this was the kinda board I wanted to be on if people were gonna be arguing via a public board.

I am glad I stuck it out!!

I just wanna know - WHO IS DOING REGION I?????

Keith7
06-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Ranger Mom:
Ahhh, all of this is starting to ring a bell with me now.

When I joined last year, I remember Gobbla and Bearcat kinda going at it on here. For once, I didn't put my 2 cents worth in, but have to admit, I kinda wondered if this was the kinda board I wanted to be on if people were gonna be arguing via a public board.

I am glad I stuck it out!!

I just wanna know - WHO IS DOING REGION I?????shouldnt matthew since his team is in that region

Old Cardinal
06-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Thank you very much for expending your time and energy-this is a great site and we all appreciate your work in getting it up and really rolling. Best of luck in the future!

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Matthew328
06-24-2003, 02:36 PM
If it wasn't for bc I wouldn't be on the site....period...she convinced me to help out and gave me the confidence that I was doing a good job..and when I ran ideas by her she was always receptive....as for who is doing Region I me and Jacket are still discussing what to do...if anyone is interested e-mail myself or Jacket...

slpybear the bullfan
06-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks Bearcat1 for all of your work on Region I. It has been appreciated and I wish you success.