PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley, Liberty Hill, Burnet in Austin news

Cam
08-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Kudos to Austin new station KXAN who always take interest in our Hill Country schools! They out-do every other Austin news station IMO.

Check out the video and get a glimpse of Liberty Hill's new stadium! It looks pretty awesome!:2thumbsup

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/athletes-brave-record-heat-as-season-approaches

greendawg84
08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Kudos to Austin new station KXAN who always take interest in our Hill Country schools! They out-do every other Austin news station IMO.

Check out the video and get a glimpse of Liberty Hill's new stadium! It looks pretty awesome!:2thumbsup

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/athletes-brave-record-heat-as-season-approaches

What could be better than a new stadium in LH ? panfan buying us some cold brews just before them Dawgs whoop up on them Cats in the new digs ! :)

panfan
08-09-2013, 09:13 AM
What could be better than a new stadium in LH ? panfan buying us some cold brews just before them Dawgs whoop up on them Cats in the new digs ! :)

Keep dreamin about that repeat of last year G-dawg, that is as close as ya'll will get. :taunt:

Cam
08-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Keep dreamin about that repeat of last year G-dawg, that is as close as ya'll will get. :taunt:

panfan....I got a feelin' you're the one that's been dreamin' a bit too much!.....Have you been hittin' the Nepeta cataria (catnip) a bit too hard by any chance??.....You might try backin' off that stuff just a tad!.....Give it to your cat instead..it works a little differently on them.......:doh:

Cam
08-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Vance appeared a little constipated to me.......:thinking::crazy1:

Bassact
08-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Glad to see LH practicing special team.. They learn to recover on-side kicks they'll improve by 2 maybe 3 games from last year. Hopefully the new special teams coach saw what happened in 3 of the 4 losses they had and comes up with a plan to fix it. Finding a kicker would be nice 2. I knwo LH is starting a soccer program so surely they can find 1 kid out of 800 that can kick.

hollywood
08-09-2013, 04:57 PM

The architect who's responsible for that project has a fine portfolio. Trust me ;)

LHPfactory
08-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Bad things for the BBs @ da Hill, bad things man....

Cam
08-10-2013, 09:14 PM

So let's hear it LHP or panfan, how come Liberty Hill wins this year? What ya'll got? All I know is you got some good RB's (Ferrell), panfan's boy will create some havoc on defense, and some other big kid on the D-line. But that's about all I know.....I'm not sure what to expect from Burnet to be honest. I do think they can match most folks at the skill positions. They have some nice depth there. QB will be tough to stop if the O-line comes together starting with the Saldivar twins. If given time, teams will be aerially assaulted by the Kiser kid. Receivers are plentiful and tall. My guess is returning RB Halfley will lead the way and should get some help with newcomer soph. speedster Foster. Defense will have some nice LB's starting with the Hall kid. Don't know about the D-line except for two boys that I know are pretty tough. The secondary will be a veteran group. One of Burnet's biggest weapons: The kicker/punter/WR, 6'3" Austin Huff. Already getting looks from big schools as a kicker I hear. But look for him to play WR for Burnet as well. Overall, this team should be much improved from last year. Coach Jones appears to have things going in the right direction. They have more kids and will carry a bigger roster which should help. Maybe BulldawgDad can provide better insight. I'm gonna try to catch some of their practices this week.

LHdog
08-11-2013, 08:03 PM
I don't know what to expect from the Bulldogs. If they can find an OL, Kiser can do some damage. Their DL is suspect. I heard they moved Thomas to nose tackle so a move-in can play LB. Lack of speed is an issue. Halfley is steady but is too slow to be a threat. Foster is a spph and must prove himself with the big boys. They need a quality back-up qb. If Kiser goes down, they are toast. Questions all around.

panfan
08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
So let's hear it LHP or panfan, how come Liberty Hill wins this year? What ya'll got? All I know is you got some good RB's (Ferrell), panfan's boy will create some havoc on defense, and some other big kid on the D-line. But that's about all I know.....I'm not sure what to expect from Burnet to be honest. I do think they can match most folks at the skill positions. They have some nice depth there. QB will be tough to stop if the O-line comes together starting with the Saldivar twins. If given time, teams will be aerially assaulted by the Kiser kid. Receivers are plentiful and tall. My guess is returning RB Halfley will lead the way and should get some help with newcomer soph. speedster Foster. Defense will have some nice LB's starting with the Hall kid. Don't know about the D-line except for two boys that I know are pretty tough. The secondary will be a veteran group. One of Burnet's biggest weapons: The kicker/punter/WR, 6'3" Austin Huff. Already getting looks from big schools as a kicker I hear. But look for him to play WR for Burnet as well. Overall, this team should be much improved from last year. Coach Jones appears to have things going in the right direction. They have more kids and will carry a bigger roster which should help. Maybe BulldawgDad can provide better insight. I'm gonna try to catch some of their practices this week.

We had our intersquad scrimmage the other day. Now from this its hard to tell much. Kids don't want to go all out against each other, and they are swapping in players and groups left and right. From what I saw, #1 D against #1 O, I was impressed. While we lost our Soph QB from last year, the junior who stayed down and led the JV to an undefeated season (or one loss, not sure), didn't miss a beat this weekend. He led the offense (now a senior) commandingly. And the kid is fast and quick, with moves. Just another one to have to watch out of the backfield. OF course Cory Ferrell is returning and he looked really good. Another kid who got time last year was William Fromme, fast and had a good amount of yardage last year. Another Junior is in the mix and he is fast and quick as well - Hunter Lindsey. We also got some sophs, who are very talented. Line looked solid, mostly comprised of Juniors and one senior, but solid blocking up front.
Defense - solid against the run, but then again (since we don't pass, that is about what we saw!), they were not going all out - True test - this Saturday - We scrimmage La Grange. They will be tough, but it will tell us if we have what we think we have. After that - Sealy. We hold our own against those two teams, we will have a lot more confidence to start the season against Giddings. Anyway, that is what we got - solid across the board and depth as the talent pool does not drop off. Now if we will just spend some time on special teams - we will be fine - that cost us last year, more than once.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 11:39 AM
Had a chance to watch intra squad scrimmage on Saturday. The Bulldogs are coming along very well...both sides of ball. If some people were worried about Thomas' move to nose watch out last year he was a terror in opposing back fields on the blitz now they will have to contend with him fulltime making that charge in there. Best of all he has fully embraced the position. The move in that takes Thomas' position is going to be a beast along side Hall in the middle. He is bigger and quicker and tore it up in 7on7 this summer. Of course offence will be very good with Kiser at QB. Hafley is a tough RB who is stronger and faster than last year. Also he can handle catch and run well too. WR will pose some match up problems with opposing DB's you have 2 that are 6'2" and 6'3", both have some hands and then you have 6' Parisher who can catch anything!! A couple of sophomores will also be making so impact on offence too. Then you have special teams that will probably be one of the best around...Austin Huff is a D1 kicker/punter who is All CenTex and 3A all State punter. His KO's over the summer have been ranging 76 to 80+ yards and punts going for 50+ net. LH you don't need a soccer program to develope quality kickers, Burnet has never had soccer program and we have had 3 of the states beat kickers. Best thing to do is find some kids with interest and develop them. Burnet has several younger kids coming up that should also be quality kickers.

panfan
08-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Had a chance to watch intra squad scrimmage on Saturday. The Bulldogs are coming along very well...both sides of ball. If some people were worried about Thomas' move to nose watch out last year he was a terror in opposing back fields on the blitz now they will have to contend with him fulltime making that charge in there. Best of all he has fully embraced the position. The move in that takes Thomas' position is going to be a beast along side Hall in the middle. He is bigger and quicker and tore it up in 7on7 this summer. Of course offence will be very good with Kiser at QB. Hafley is a tough RB who is stronger and faster than last year. Also he can handle catch and run well too. WR will pose some match up problems with opposing DB's you have 2 that are 6'2" and 6'3", both have some hands and then you have 6' Parisher who can catch anything!! A couple of sophomores will also be making so impact on offence too. Then you have special teams that will probably be one of the best around...Austin Huff is a D1 kicker/punter who is All CenTex and 3A all State punter. His KO's over the summer have been ranging 76 to 80+ yards and punts going for 50+ net. LH you don't need a soccer program to develope quality kickers, Burnet has never had soccer program and we have had 3 of the states beat kickers. Best thing to do is find some kids with interest and develop them. Burnet has several younger kids coming up that should also be quality kickers.

LH not putting soccer into HS to develop kickers for football. Youth soccer has always been big here. We have actually been fortunate to have it cause some of our better speedsters have come from the soccer program. LH is putting in soccer at the HS level cause many people wanted it for those girls and boys that don't play football. Now if we get a decent kicker out of it, then that is a plus for us.

so - just like G-dawg, gonna have to shorten your name - you are now officially BDD at least in my book!!!! We ran into Huff at the kickers and snappers camp at UTSA this summer. He did alright there punting. I'll tell you what though, there were some field goal and kick off dudes there that were freakin lights out. We were there for deep snappers, but the kickers were impressive.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
At the UTSA camp he finished 2nd in FG 1st in KO and 2nd in punt. Heard good things from Coaches at UTSA, TXST and Univ of Houston

panfan
08-12-2013, 12:23 PM
At the UTSA camp he finished 2nd in FG 1st in KO and 2nd in punt. Heard good things from Coaches at UTSA, TXST and Univ of Houston

I thought the guy with the gimpy arm took first in KO - big tall kid had a bad left arm was a hell of a kicker. No doubt, Huff is good.

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Matt Wylie got 1st in FG 2nd in KO...does have very strong leg. He was named All CenTex Kicker earlier this month and Austin was named All CenTex Punter

greendawg84
08-12-2013, 03:08 PM

Well , well , well , look at who crawled out of his purple underground bunker ! Now with you and panfan back we can start to have some fun!

Cam
08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I thought the guy with the gimpy arm took first in KO - big tall kid had a bad left arm was a hell of a kicker. No doubt, Huff is good.

LH will be up by two late in the game.....Huff will pin LH back inside their own 10 with a booming 48 yard punt......Dawg D will hold and force a LH punt.....Dawgs drive to within' FG range with seconds remaining......Huff kicks a 43 yarder to win the game!......panfan gets home and kicks his cat, doesn't change his kitty litter for three weeks, and throws away the last of his catnip!!....:D:stirpot:

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 04:02 PM
LH will be up by two late in the game.....Huff will pin LH back inside their own 10 with a booming 48 yard punt......Dawg D will hold and force a LH punt.....Dawgs drive to within' FG range with seconds remaining......Huff kicks a 43 yarder to win the game!......panfan gets home and kicks his cat, doesn't change his kitty litter for three weeks, and throws away the last of his catnip!!....:D:stirpot:

Hey Cam thats good!!! As much as I want like to see this play out...I'm kinda thinking it might be a rout this time around.

panfan
08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey Cam thats good!!! As much as I want like to see this play out...I'm kinda thinking it might be a rout this time around.

I'm glad ya'll are so confident in your upcoming victory.

Cam
08-12-2013, 04:19 PM

I'll take a 1 point win or a 40 point win!....Either way is fine especially against them Barney Purples!.......

Hey, are the Brown twins out there? I didn't notice them during a brief stop at practice last week.

BullDawgDad
08-13-2013, 08:01 AM
I'll take a 1 point win or a 40 point win!....Either way is fine especially against them Barney Purples!.......

Hey, are the Brown twins out there? I didn't notice them during a brief stop at practice last week.

Yes...Jonathan and Jamal are both out there. I watched practice yesterday until about 7:30

Los Owls
08-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Great to have a good program like Liberty Hill on our schedule,they travel to Hondo...Home of the "Hondo Owls"..Sept.6...:clap:

panfan
08-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Great to have a good program like Liberty Hill on our schedule,they travel to Hondo...Home of the "Hondo Owls"..Sept.6...:clap:

I'm looking forward to the road trip. Do they still run that dinner train from SA out to Hondo? Did that many years back. How are the owls looking this season?

Los Owls
08-14-2013, 10:30 PM
No,Panfan...they stopped doing that awhile back...Owls have a mixture of seniors and sophmores...They should be faster and quicker on defense than last year..Offense line is pretty big size and have a quick QB and Rb's...Tough non-district games should get us prepared for district and more...Will see,if we can stay healthy...We have a nice turf field stadium and seats around 6000...

LHPfactory
08-15-2013, 08:32 PM

Im not gonna say much for a while, we started off bright last season and burned out, im still passing black feathers.... :) I believe Pan fan described where we are best. I will say from what I have seen We are bigger, faster, and stronger than we have been in a long time.. We have a hand full of good Sophs to add to the Jrs and Srs. We will see how it comes together on the field. I really like the Vickers kid at QB, he commands the team the way it should be...... "that's all im gonna say about that" (Forest Gump)........

wimbo_pro
08-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Im not gonna say much for a while, we started off bright last season and burned out, im still passing black feathers.... :) I believe Pan fan described where we are best. I will say from what I have seen We are bigger, faster, and stronger than we have been in a long time.. We have a hand full of good Sophs to add to the Jrs and Srs. We will see how it comes together on the field. I really like the Vickers kid at QB, he commands the team the way it should be...... "that's all im gonna say about that" (Forest Gump)........

And Wimberely is similar...we are finally peaking at the same time! Shoud be a great game!

Cam
08-15-2013, 09:11 PM

Nevermind the black feathers....I just wanna know if you ever got your money back on all that purple paint???....:D.....I'll be honest with ya LHP...I got no dawg in this fight, least not for a few more years....but I sure love harassin' you LH boys and girls.....ya'll sound like some good folks for sure....even you panfan!!!
As for Burnet, I think Jones has things going in the right direction....For sure District 8-3A teams that make the playoffs are all gonna put up a good fight!....this is a tough district...let's keep it that way!!......."and that's not all I'm gonna say about that I'm going to bed cause I had that pesky kidney stone zapped today and I'm pissin' more blood than I care to see!" (Forrest Cam).......:ack!:

LHPfactory
08-16-2013, 11:14 AM