PDA

View Full Version : Kids and College Preferences

Bullaholic
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Where do most of the kids, not just the athletes, in your town attend college? Seems like it has always been a toss-up between aTm and UT in Centex, hence some of the lively discussions in threads we have on the board. Do most of the kids in whole towns seem to pick the same school? The kids in Bridgeport have always seemed to favor Texas Tech, aTm, TCU, NTU, and Weatherford College. I'm sure geographic proximity has a lot to do with kids choices, but I wonder if certain towns are known to largely favor any particular college.

Old Tiger
08-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Rockdale it seems like A&M, well Blinn.

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2013, 02:38 PM
A&M, Texas Tech and McLennan Community College. We also have our Baylor influence with Baylor employees (Free Tuiton). Surprisingly, UNT is showing up more and more.

jason
08-06-2013, 02:39 PM
It drives me nuts when somebody tells me they went to, or are going to, texas a&m, but then you find out they actually went to, or are going, to blinn because they couldn't get into a&m.

BEAST
08-06-2013, 02:50 PM
It drives me nuts when somebody tells me they went to, or are going to, texas a&m, but then you find out they actually went to, or are going, to blinn because they couldn't get into a&m.

A lot of people choose Blinn to get there first 2 years basics out of the way.

BEAST

Old Tiger
08-06-2013, 02:53 PM
A lot of people choose Blinn to get there first 2 years basics out of the way.

BEASTA lot of Blinn's classes have transfer issues to other universities outside of A&M. Had a lot of friends go there and a 1/3 to 1/2 of their credits wouldn't transfer anywhere but to A&M.

BEAST
08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
A lot of Blinn's classes have transfer issues to other universities outside of A&M. Had a lot of friends go there and a 1/3 to 1/2 of their credits wouldn't transfer anywhere but to A&M.

Thats what I was meaning. Go to Blinn first then to A&M.

BEAST

Roughneck93
08-06-2013, 03:19 PM
In WC this past year, seems like A&M, Texas State, and Sam Houston were the popular choices.

My daughter was the black sheep of her class, she'll be going to Texas this fall.http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/yess-smiley.gif

hollywood
08-06-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm sure if you put stats to it, one would edge out the rest. But pretty much the Tarleton State, Abilene Christian, McMurray, Hardin Simmons, Midwestern State level schools for second tier. Then UT, a&m, TT, Baylor, TCU, OU, UH, Rice, UNT, Texas State etc. for the first tier.