PDA

View Full Version : 2a days

Eagle1
08-06-2013, 01:14 PM
How are your teams looking during 2a days numbers and what type of shape your guys are in?

defense51
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Our boys look good, a little rough around the edges, but overall look to be in pretty good shape. I saw quite a few freshman lose their breakfast yesterday, but only 1 or 2 on jv and varsity. I think the numbers were roughly 170 yesterday.

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
How are your teams looking during 2a days numbers and what type of shape your guys are in?

It's just the second day of shorts and helmets. They all should be fresh as daiseys.

hollywood
08-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Ville had approx 170. Solid turnout.

toddg
08-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Our boys look good, a little rough around the edges, but overall look to be in pretty good shape. I saw quite a few freshman lose their breakfast yesterday, but only 1 or 2 on jv and varsity. I think the numbers were roughly 170 yesterday.

i would say thats about right..the upperclassmen were giving my son a hard time about climbing the rope with just his arms lol!

Cam
08-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Burnet practices start at 6am.......

http://www.dailytrib.com/2013/08/06/burnet-football-coach-excited-about-bigger-experienced-roster-for-2013/

buckeyebob
08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Fall Camp figures to be less stressful for Gilmer’s Tanner Barr this year. Barr enters his senior season as the unquestioned starting quarterback after leading the Buckeyes to the 3A Division II state title game last season. Returning a quarterback who threw for 2,946 yards and 25 touchdowns while also rushing for 903 yards and five more scores is a big plus. Especially when the quarterback led the team to a 14-2 record and state runner-up finish in his first year as a starter. “It’s always easier when your quarterback’s returning,” coach Jeff Traylor said. “We haven’t had many years where our quarterback is returning. Having Tanner back makes it a lot better. We’ve got most of our skills kids returning and a couple of linemen. So we’re better right now than we were at this time last year. But the question is will we be as good at the end?"
Gilmer was largely young and inexperienced at the beginning of the season last fall, but returns 20 players who were on the two-deep at the end of the year. Gilmer returns playmakers like Texas A&M commit Josh Walker, running back Kris Boyd and athlete Chase Tate, which is a large part of why the Buckeyes are ranked preseason Class 3A No. 2 by Dave Cambell’s Texas Football and The Old Coach’s Friday Night Football. “This is our 14th season here,” Traylor said. “And out of those 14, probably the last 12, we’ve been picked to do really well. This particular team has done nothing yet. Last year’s team did. So are they going to be an entitled team and think that they have already done something? Or are they going to be a typical, hungry Gilmer team that goes up there and proves what they’re good at. It’s something we’re working on daily.”
The Buckeyes kick off their 100th season of football, which will coincide with playing in a newly-remodeled Buckeye Stadium.
"Senior Bryan Restine will make an impact in the front seven on defense, junior Nick Smith at safety and juniors Desmond Pollard and Quin Fluellen at receiver", Traylor said. "Gilmer also has to find three new starters on the offensive line. When the bullets start flying and we play Whitehouse next Friday in that scrimmage, we’ll learn a lot about ourselves.”

BwdLion73
08-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Ville had approx 170. Solid turnout.

Thats a lot of kids...I believe Brownwood.com reported 121 for us on opening 2 a days.

BEAST
08-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Thats a lot of kids...I believe Brownwood.com reported 121 for us on opening 2 a days.

I was told that number might increase a bit. I love seeing the freshman class having 45 out for 2 a days. Thats going to be a real good class.

BEAST

easttexas3a
08-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Palestine had 132 on the first day....have been told that might go up or down 10 or so kids between now and school.

Went to practice on Wednesday......looked really sharp. Qb Gee Clark looks like he has improved a lot since last year. Lot of kids flying around on D right now getting to the ball.

hollywood
08-09-2013, 02:25 PM
How did the first day in pads go for everyone? Inner squad scrimmages tomorrow morning?

Stephenville's morning workout was delayed due to thunderstorms. Haven't heard how they went.

toddg
08-09-2013, 02:34 PM
How did the first day in pads go for everyone? Inner squad scrimmages tomorrow morning?

Stephenville's morning workout was delayed due to thunderstorms. Haven't heard how they went.
Morning practice was upbeat and productive.. It was sure good hearing the pads popping.. Intersquad scrimmage in the morning should be fun

Roughneck93
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Columbia has their intra-squad scrimmage tomorrow at 8 am.

Media Day afterwards at CHS.

BBQ served from 11-1, auction at noon to raise money for all sports.