PDA

View Full Version : Against The Pollsters

bearcat1
08-28-2001, 06:40 PM
I"m going against general consensus by picking Holliday over Iowa Park, Castleberry over Glen Rose, and Waco LaV over Alvarado. I will probably have a very poor accuracy rating this week, but at least I won't be accused of being too conservative. Does anyone else have any games in mind in which you are thinking the underdog may prevail this week?

3Aroy
08-28-2001, 06:43 PM
I hope Bmt. Kelley beats Barbers Hill, so that Barbers Hill can drop the undefeated saying... They are undefeated because they play a bunch of NOBODYS!

-Roy http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

bearcat1
08-28-2001, 08:08 PM
Well now I see on the prep where the Castleberry coach was suspended after allegedly 'beating up' a student. Kinda starting to wish I woulda went with Glen Rose now. Oh well, this way if Castleberry wins, it'll make me look smart, and if they lose I can say I had picked them before this coaching incident and it affected the team's play. HA.

Originally posted by 3Aroy:
I hope Bmt. Kelley beats Barbers Hill, so that Barbers Hill can drop the undefeated saying... They are undefeated because they play a bunch of NOBODYS!

BH_146
08-28-2001, 09:44 PM
3ARoy, whatever. Can't you ever be specific. List the NOBODIES for all to see. Or are you just going to sit behind the rock (Newton) and toss stones.

tigerfanman
08-29-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by bearcat1:
Well now I see on the prep where the Castleberry coach was suspended after allegedly 'beating up' a student. Kinda starting to wish I woulda went with Glen Rose now. Oh well, this way if Castleberry wins, it'll make me look smart, and if they lose I can say I had picked them before this coaching incident and it affected the team's play. HA.

I wonder whats up with that, this guy was scouting us at Glen Rose vs. MacGregor and he sure didn't seem like the type to do something like that. Just my view, hope that it's not as serious as it sounds for all concerned.

RBARKER
08-29-2001, 07:10 AM
Im with ya BH_146. 3 A idiot I mean Roy need to grow up a little. Yes 3 A roy Newton has a great team nobody is taking that away from you but Barbers Hill has a good team also! We could get beat this weekend the undeafted will have to fall sometime. Bmt Kelly had a good squad last year so I know they will play us tough. You say we play a bunch of Nobodys well the next 3 out of four games will be against 4A. same as last year and the year before.

bearcat1
08-29-2001, 07:44 AM
I saw it on the 10:00 news. Apparently there was a scuffle and he allegedly threw him (the kid) into a locker, hit him, etc. He has been suspended pending an investigation. He has only been on the job a week, I can't imagine what he was thinking. I guess we'll see.

Originally posted by tigerfanman:

Originally posted by bearcat1:

I wonder whats up with that, this guy was scouting us at Glen Rose vs. MacGregor and he sure didn't seem like the type to do something like that. Just my view, hope that it's not as serious as it sounds for all concerned.

3Aroy
08-29-2001, 07:32 PM
YA... 4A schools...

Tell me a 4A school you play as good as any of these teams:

PA Lincoln (4A)
Crockett (3A)
Corrigan Camden (ya.. they are 2A, but still probably as good as your best 4A team... Newton kills them anyway, so they dont count)
Ozen (4A)
Jasper (4A)

And I know your district is sorry, so I won't even go there.

I just hate it when people brag about being undefeated when you play nothing!

BH_146
08-29-2001, 07:47 PM
Your are still hiding 3ARoy.

RBARKER
08-30-2001, 07:22 AM
3aroy the best team you got on your list is PA Lincoln and Crockett but as far as Corrigan Camden we already tore team up in a scrimmage this year and the other two 4a teams you listed should be moved down to 2A.

3Aroy
08-31-2001, 05:04 PM
Ozen and Jasper? Is that who you are talking about? They are going to be tough. They are the best two on the list. They should pass the 20-4A teams with ease in bi-district play! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

PUNKY54
09-01-2001, 08:13 AM
Too bad for Roy....Eagles roll AGAIN!!! You shouldn't be so bitter about "The Hill"