PDA

View Full Version : Worst Stadium in 3a

duckhunter
08-04-2013, 01:51 PM
We all know which fields are the nicest, but what town has the worst field/stadium/complex?

maestro
08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Stadium dressing area

No contest

Wharton

Built in 1975-76

Small....run down

And it saddens me to print that

coach
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Stadium dressing area

No contest

Wharton

Built in 1975-76

Small....run down

And it saddens me to print that

Not 3a, but the tomato bowl is just awful. They need to bulldoze that joker.

duckhunter
08-04-2013, 02:55 PM
IMO Smithville has the worst all around stadium.......

Matthew328
08-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Castleberry's is really bad....teams have to dress in the gym across the street...

duckhunter
08-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Castleberry's is really bad....teams have to dress in the gym across the street...

dont the visisting team do that in Lampasas as well?

Cam
08-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't know bout the worst....but Liberty Hill's new digs are probably one of the best...and I haven't even been there yet!....just drive past it everyday.....The sucky part: Two more traffic lights I gotta deal with!!....:mad::mad:......I can't wait to go sit with my buddies panfan, LHPfactory, LH Panther Mom, turin...turbin engine....turret..turdin.......uhhh shoot cain't remember his name......the new guy!......

NastySlot
08-04-2013, 03:52 PM

you dress at an old gym (maybe jh) but it's not across the street it's a little hike.

Scoop27
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Wharton ISD tried before to upgrade or build new dressing room and facilities but it died as board members felt district didn't have the money. El Campo just added a new press box last week and Wharton's is so tiny and the windows always fog up

Bosqueville
08-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Big Spring is pretty bad in my opinion. Bullet holes in some of the press box windows..

maestro
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM
One of the smartest things architects have done is remove concessions from BELOW the bleachers.

Always a bad scene for those stadiums that still operate with below the bleachers concessions.

Phil C
08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Orange Grove has a bad one considering they are 3A. Goliad used to not be good but they did something about it and did a good job.

cougartino
08-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Barnett, Butler, Delmar, and Dwyer (all Houston ISD dumps)!

Cam
08-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Barnett, Butler, Delmar, and Dwyer (all Houston ISD dumps)!

Butler, Delmar?....Wow! they still use those?.....I used to go to games there when I was a kid to see my sister's school, the Robert E. Lee Generals!!.......It was at one of those stadiums where we got to the car after one Friday night game only to find all four tires slashed!.....guess they didn't like the black, gold, and white streamers!....:spitlol:.

YTBulldogs
08-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Smithville by far.

speedbump
08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Sealy leaves a lot to be desired.

ccmom
08-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Big Spring is pretty bad in my opinion. Bullet holes in some of the press box windows..

They have renovated that stadium (before last season I think...my memory is fuzzy) but I still hate that place.

Bosqueville
08-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Could be CCmom. It's been at least 5 years since I've been there but it was a in sad shape.

maestro
08-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Sealy leaves a lot to be desired.

Sealy visiting teams dress in a phone booth.

maestro
08-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Sealy visiting teams dress in a phone booth.

But you do get to walk by the guy grilling hamburgers on your way to the field.

Friendly guy and great smelling burgers!!

cougartino
08-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Butler, Delmar?....Wow! they still use those?.....I used to go to games there when I was a kid to see my sister's school, the Robert E. Lee Generals!!.......It was at one of those stadiums where we got to the car after one Friday night game only to find all four tires slashed!.....guess they didn't like the black, gold, and white streamers!....:spitlol:.

They've been "refurbished" over the years. (LOL) If only 4 tires were slashed, consider yourself lucky. I spent my first two years at Worthing and had the car battery stolen twice!

Gone Fishing
08-04-2013, 09:41 PM
They are 2A now but they were 3A for a long time and in our district. Ingram Moore!!!!!!!

speedbump
08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
But you do get to walk by the guy grilling hamburgers on your way to the field.

Friendly guy and great smelling burgers!!

Yea,but the walk starts on the other side of town.

NastySlot
08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
They are 2A now but they were 3A for a long time and in our district. Ingram Moore!!!!!!!

remember the old bandera stadium?

buckeyebob
08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Not 3a, but the tomato bowl is just awful. They need to bulldoze that joker.

But they are so proud of it...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-05-2013, 12:22 AM
I agree with Orange Grove having one of the crappiest stadiums. Their visitor side is horrible, and their damn field isn't even level! It's like playing on a hill with a shallow slope. The center of the field at the 50 is the top of the hill, and it's a very slow decline, but even with that, it managed to make one of our fastest guys on the team lose his balance when PI played @ Orange Grove many moons ago.

Old Tiger
08-05-2013, 03:47 AM
Smithville Stadium is bad for fans but overall worse IMO is La Grange when it comes to facilities for players, coaches, and etc.

Turin
08-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Liberty Hill will be making their first trip (that i know of) to Smithville this year. What is the scoop on the stadium? I seem to recall someone last year on the downlow talking about the condition of the field.

Lion70
08-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Henderson is nothing to brag about they have visting stands that would make some 2a teams blush.

Turin
08-05-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't know bout the worst....but Liberty Hill's new digs are probably one of the best...and I haven't even been there yet!....just drive past it everyday.....The sucky part: Two more traffic lights I gotta deal with!!....:mad::mad:......I can't wait to go sit with my buddies panfan, LHPfactory, LH Panther Mom, turin...turbin engine....turret..turdin.......uhhh shoot cain't remember his name......the new guy!......

I feel so honored that you included me. You may have noticed we turned the stadium lights on for you this morning. Go ahead and pull in and get yourself a ticket as there are only five single armchair seats remaining. We would appreciate your money.

I hear you about the traffic lights as my commute takes me through there also. I am curious how the high school is going to affect traffic and assume they will turn the lights on by the time school starts.

BwdLion73
08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
One of the smartest things architects have done is remove concessions from BELOW the bleachers.

Always a bad scene for those stadiums that still operate with below the bleachers concessions.

Why is that?

ahs_indian_fan
08-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Don't know if it will be done in time for this year, but they are about to have a new stadium - nothing over-the-top fancy, but very nice neighborhood stadium that is long overdue for Castleberry.

Edit* Actually, it is a complete renovation ... didn't even recognize it, definitely doesn't belong on the worst stadiums list any longer ... and it will be ready for this year.

vtskneb
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
I want to say I heard Stephenville/Venus game is being moved due to visitor side issues. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I wouldn't swear to that being true but was thinking I heard that earlier this summer. If true, Venus must have a pretty bad situation.

defense51
08-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I want to say I heard Stephenville/Venus game is being moved due to visitor side issues. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I wouldn't swear to that being true but was thinking I heard that earlier this summer. If true, Venus must have a pretty bad situation.

They have new turf on the field and have made some big improvements, but the visitors side is very small!

gtownfan
08-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Is the new stadium near where the old one was?? Looks like Giddings gets the honor of playing the first game there!

refereedoc
08-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Venus wouldn't have had anywhere to sit when we showed up.:wave:

gtownfan
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Smithville by far.

Agreed! Not one kind word can be said about that stadium except you are close to the action.

BEAST
08-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Why is that?

Dont think about our stadium, think about stadiums that have aluminum bleachers that things can fall and land underneath the bleachers.

BEAST

maestro
08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Why is that?

Ever see cattle in a holding pen???

Cannot move

Concession lines, restroom lines, people trying to get back to their seats....

maestro
08-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Dont think about our stadium, think about stadiums that have aluminum bleachers that things can fall and land underneath the bleachers.

BEAST

Forgot that reason but yes, that too

Turin
08-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Is the new stadium near where the old one was?? Looks like Giddings gets the honor of playing the first game there!

It is about 1.5 miles further down than the old one as you head west on 29. We do get La Grange in a scrimmage first but Giddings is the first game.

BwdLion73
08-05-2013, 12:00 PM

BEAST

Never thought of that ... "what that in my nachos"? :eek:

1st and goal
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Brookshire Royal, visitor side is old. Also has horrible bathrooms shared with the home side and you feel like you should be wearing kevlar when you go in there...

Scoop27
08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Bay City has one of the worst 4A fields and stadiums around. Visitors sit on press box side of the stadium. They tried to pass a bond to build a new one about 7 years ago but it failed big time. Track is also in bad condition and not used at all

waterboy
08-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Liberty-Eylau is definitely toward the bottom of the list, as is Henderson. No offense intended, but they are antiques and in dire need of new stadiums.

Bosqueville
08-05-2013, 02:52 PM
One more I can think of. LAMPASAS! The 1st 2 rows you can't see over the players heads on the sidelines.

Eagle11
08-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Burkburnett has the worst stadium by far. the lights are maybe 10 above the stands and cast shadows across the field. the field goals are about 10 ft above the crossbar. past that great place to play, oh ya no parking or bathrooms on the visitors side

Trashman
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
One more I can think of. LAMPASAS! The 1st 2 rows you can't see over the players heads on the sidelines.

Lampasas has to be near the top....:crying:

bd62
08-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Marion which is now 2A has the worst visitor
Side stands I ever seen . When you walking on the
Boards you feel then giving and think you are fixing to
Fall thru and only weigh 180 lbs. And when you set
Down you better have a stadium seat or you might get a
splinter in your butt from the stands.

Old Tiger
08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Anyone remember the old Elgin stadium? That was terrible!

RoyceTTU
08-06-2013, 08:56 AM
does Ft. Worth All-Saints count?
and does bleachers beside a field actually constitute as a stadium?

RoyceTTU
08-06-2013, 08:57 AM
btw - last time I was in Schneider, one of those wood bleachers pinched my ass....i wasn't too happy about that.

Farmersfan
08-06-2013, 10:21 AM
The stadium is pretty old and torn up in Emory Rains! but the field is ridiculous. You can see the waves in the field from the stands.

ccmom
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
btw - last time I was in Schneider, one of those wood bleachers pinched my ass....i wasn't too happy about that.

The Snyder folks gave that place quite a face lift. It looks really good...but it's still Snyder. :ack!::wave:

bwdlionfan
08-06-2013, 10:52 AM
The Snyder folks gave that place quite a face lift. It looks really good...but it's still Snyder. :ack!::wave:

I heard you've run in to some of the nicest people in the restrooms over there. Must be true, your signature pic has been of the Wylie players in Snyder for some time now!

hollywood
08-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Lampasas! Parking sucks, stands suck, and the lighting is dim.

Before Mineral Wells built their new stadium, the previous one had to have been up there as the worst! The setting was really cool but the stands were super steep and old wooden pieces of crap. And it is in Mineral Wells to top it off! ;)

Abilene Wylie's is better now that they have gotten a face lift. :wave:

RoyceTTU
08-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Abilene Wylie's is better now that they have gotten a face lift. :wave:

That elevator is top of the line

gtownfan
08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Anyone remember the old Elgin stadium? That was terrible!

The previous note on Marion and it's stands made me instantly think of Elgin. On the visitor side, the boards you stood on were so week that you'd bounce. So you'd really have to check your excitement and stay calm! Glad it's gone!

BwdLion73
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
One stadium I love to watch a game in is the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater, however when you talk about worst parking it rates right up with anyone. I went to a Stephenville playoff game there in the 90's and had to pack water with me just to make it to the stadium.

hollywood
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
One stadium I love to watch a game in is the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater, however when you talk about worst parking it rates right up with anyone. I went to a Stephenville playoff game there in the 90's and had to pack water with me just to make it to the stadium.

I agree! Very cool atmosphere. Especially after the recent upgrades.

I can see why parking could be an issue. First and only game I've watched there was the 2011 playoff game between Brownwood and Monahans. We were fortunate enough to find a spot on the street right in front of the visitors side gate where the Brownwood faithful were. And it was only 15 min until kickoff, unbelievable! Came with a price though. Embarrassing moment when the father-n-law just whipped it out between the cars and proceeded to do his business with passer by's still in pursuit of the stadium. Wow... Said he couldn't hold it... restrooms were 100 yards away!!

defense51
08-06-2013, 02:27 PM

I can see why parking could be an issue. First and only game I've watched there was the 2011 playoff game between Brownwood and Monahans. We were fortunate enough to find a spot on the street right in front of the visitors side gate where the Brownwood faithful were. And it was only 15 min until kickoff, unbelievable! Came with a price though. Embarrassing moment when the father-n-law just whipped it out between the cars and proceeded to do his business with passer by's still in pursuit of the stadium. Wow... Said he couldn't hold it... restrooms were 100 yards away!! pregame entertainment...:helpme:

BwdLion73
08-06-2013, 04:39 PM

I can see why parking could be an issue. First and only game I've watched there was the 2011 playoff game between Brownwood and Monahans. We were fortunate enough to find a spot on the street right in front of the visitors side gate where the Brownwood faithful were. And it was only 15 min until kickoff, unbelievable! Came with a price though. Embarrassing moment when the father-n-law just whipped it out between the cars and proceeded to do his business with passer by's still in pursuit of the stadium. Wow... Said he couldn't hold it... restrooms were 100 yards away!!

We understand ... Stephenville ... :D:evillol::D

hollywood
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
pregame entertainment...:helpme:

lol!

hollywood
08-06-2013, 04:41 PM
We understand ... Stephenville ... :D:evillol::D

I'm sure you do! lol

MustangFootball
08-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I got on here to see if anyone had pointed out Orange Grove....and yes the the seating on the visitors side is way to small.

rb585
08-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Navarro is the worst I've been to.

bp80884
08-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Probably the worst field I can think of is Mexia. The home fans sit with the visitors and it really makes for a miserable experience because the home fans that do it continue to talk trash and almost harass the visitors!

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2013, 05:42 AM
There hasn't been an updated photo added since June, so this is the best I have (for now!)

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Is the new stadium near where the old one was?? Looks like Giddings gets the honor of playing the first game there!No, it's on Hwy 29, West of there. Trust me, once you pass CR 200 (Shell on the NW corner) light, you won't be able to miss it!

Old Tiger
08-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Cam, you shouldn't be worried about traffic lights in LH but rather the cops in Bertram

Bosqueville
08-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Liberty Hill folks will feel they are entering the Taj Mahal with that stadium!

D'Highlander
08-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Liberty Hill folks will feel they are entering the Taj Mahal with that stadium!

Wait, So LH's new stadium is a Mosque?

Razorback88
08-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Ft. Stockton, Lamesa, Levelland, Greenwood all need renovating or demolishing.

Blue42
08-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Smithville is the worst I have been to it looks like a prison yard from visitors side with that old building in the back of it.

Cam
08-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Cam, you shouldn't be worried about traffic lights in LH but rather the cops in Bertram

yep....know all about them and that speedtrap.....especially going west on Hwy 29....that 65 mph sign is way out of town so it fools people into thinking it's OK to go 65!...Got my ticket about 6 years ago thanks to that........I know better now......

Cam
08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
There hasn't been an updated photo added since June, so this is the best I have (for now!)

holy hippopotamus....there I go on the highway.....panfan, look it's me on my purple scooter!.......:D......I actually took a crap one day just to the northwest of the stadium in that small patch of trees.....bout 5 years ago.......:ack!:.....I ain't jokin'!!....but that's all the detail I can reveal.....the rest....is history!!!

Cam
08-09-2013, 03:48 PM

Well...not exactly...but it might as well be.....they will be using it for prayer and mourning of the purple faithful after the Burnet game!!.....:stirpot:

bag-o-chips
08-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Navarro is the worst I've been to.

Ease up fella! We are getting better just look at my pic I posted today! New Turf Field and New Lights. We finally got our own pressbox and expanded the home side. Another year or two the Port o Pots and Concession should be fixed as well! Just don't have the tax base you rich fellas have!

YTBulldogs
08-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Ease up fella! We are getting better just look at my pic I posted today! New Turf Field and New Lights. We finally got our own pressbox and expanded the home side. Another year or two the Port o Pots and Concession should be fixed as well! Just don't have the tax base you rich fellas have!

Nice job B-O-C. I swung by field, and it looks great. That tax base is growing of ya'lls. You'll be those rich kids soon enough with those from Seguin and NB moving in Geronimo tax district. Don't hurt drawing the folks in either, by putting a great product out on that new turf. Hat's off to those responsible. Good to see to you fine folks.

bag-o-chips
08-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Nice job B-O-C. I swung by field, and it looks great. That tax base is growing of ya'lls. You'll be those rich kids soon enough with those from Seguin and NB moving in Geronimo tax district. Don't hurt drawing the folks in either, by putting a great product out on that new turf. Hat's off to those responsible. Good to see to you fine folks.

Thanks we will get there soon. We knew with the water issues and other reasons that turf would have many uses for a variety of reasons!

BullDawgDad
08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Lampasas facilities are pretty run down...they just built a nice new high School and still play games at their old, undersized run down stadium. What a shame

mwrams
08-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey Ville, Why you hating on my Mineral Wells all the time? Not only do we have one of the nicest (If not THE nicest stadium in Texas Class 3A) at least WE HAVE a stadium. You guys dont have a Stadium of your own to speak of you you get on here hatin' my Rams all the time.....Hey, We didn't turn you guys in during the early 90's for those PED's...That was Azle...You need to be hating on them Hornets, not us....Wait a minute, if A-Rod cheated does that mean the Ville cheated too?

wimbo_pro
08-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Good to see LH finally did something about that pasture they had before. They deserve it!

wimbo_pro
08-12-2013, 05:04 PM

If the Taj Mahal was a muslim site, you might have a point.

D'Highlander
08-13-2013, 05:53 AM
If the Taj Mahal was a muslim site, you might have a point.

I dont think they even know...

http://iilm.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/the-taj-mahal-hindu-monument-or-muslim/