PDA

View Full Version : D26: Camp Updates

YTBulldogs
08-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Dog's start 2013 campaign tonight, or morning (report at 12:01AM). Fan excitement flowing with this special team. Like to hear other camp updates here during the start of the year. Best wishes to our D26 foes. District will be deep and will be one of the states best, from top to bottom IMO.

I'll be keying in on the potential OL'ers early. As they go, so to will our success. Reports to follow.

YTBulldogs
08-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Dog's midnight opening practice went well. Kid's greeted with a solid fan support of cheers as they entered onto the practice field. Was a spirited opening to the year and great seeing the fan's partaking in it at this early hour. Lot's of work to go. Great beginning.

maestro
08-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Anyone fall asleep during stretching exercises??
:)

YTBulldogs
08-05-2013, 12:13 PM
LOL. Me:) Was really a nice way to open up the season. I can see UIL making all practices at night before they are done watering practices down.

speedbump
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Dog's midnight opening practice went well. Kid's greeted with a solid fan support of cheers as they entered onto the practice field. Was a spirited opening to the year and great seeing the fan's partaking in it at this early hour. Lot's of work to go. Great beginning.

I can only assume someone mistakenly put El Campo on the schedule for this year.:)

Matthew328
08-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I can only assume someone mistakenly put El Campo on the schedule for this year.:)

Games are played at night..why not practice at night..

speedbump
08-05-2013, 03:33 PM

One in the morning aint night.

YTBulldogs
08-05-2013, 04:06 PM

Use to use the Texas heat as a source of getting into shape. Anyone remember those days?

maestro
08-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes, but back in those days most kids has outdoor summer jobs ie hay hauling, lawn mowing, etc.

Weight training was going out and digging a long stretch of fence post or getting 350 bales of hay in the barn.

Good ole salt tablets passed out everyday by coaches......

Corn Cob
08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry, but I find the whole concept of starting off the first day of two-a-days practice at 12:01 on Monday morning really idiotic.

ronwx5x
08-05-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry, but I find the whole concept of starting off the first day of two-a-days practice at 12:01 on Monday morning really idiotic.

Ever hear of tradition?

Corn Cob
08-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Ever hear of tradition?
I live in a town that has more football tradition than Cypress and Texas Tech put together, and I have know idea what the h#ll starting practice at 12:01 a.m. has to do with tradition!

ronwx5x
08-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I live in a town that has more football tradition than Cypress and Texas Tech put together, and I have know idea what the h#ll starting practice at 12:01 a.m. has to do with tradition!

And they allow jerks there?

speedbump
08-05-2013, 08:33 PM

Live in Progreso, do ya?

Corn Cob
08-05-2013, 08:34 PM
And they allow jerks there?
Good one.

Manso/V8
08-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Since our new coach got to town in 2011, the Brahmas have been having their first full contact practice/scrimmage at midnight on Thursday of the first week.
They call it Midnight Madness, about 300 fans show up, and it is kind of fun.

Well, I guess it is kind of fun if you live in a small town.
There are a lot of things that pass for fun here that folks in Houston, Dallas, or Austin wouldn't get too excited about........like trying to set a new record for driving consecutive laps around the square.

speedbump
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Since our new coach got to town in 2011, the Brahmas have been having their first full contact practice/scrimmage at midnight on Thursday of the first week.
They call it Midnight Madness, about 300 fans show up, and it is kind of fun.

Well, I guess it is kind of fun if you live in a small town.
There are a lot of things that pass for fun here that folks in Houston, Dallas, or Austin wouldn't get too excited about........like trying to set a new record for driving consecutive laps around the square.

That big ole cow of yours would never make it around the square. No matter how many times it trys,it can't even make it past the third fence post.

pacdaddy
08-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Heard the tribe was looking at one of its best start of 2 a days in a long time:clap:. Heard everything looks solid, and that the OL and DL are BIG AND STRONG.:evilgrin:

Keep on working guys. Our guys are going to do very well, they will be way better than last season. GO APACHES!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
08-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Heard the tribe was looking at one of its best start of 2 a days in a long time:clap:. Heard everything looks solid, and that the OL and DL are BIG AND STRONG.:evilgrin:

Keep on working guys. Our guys are going to do very well, they will be way better than last season. GO APACHES!!!!!!

No surprise. Great team over there in Apacheland. Best wishes this season and to all the D26 teams. Pad's donned tomorrow, first contact on another foe in a week. We got a lot of hard work to go, but--they are hungry to get it right. OL that I worried about, seems to be doing the best out the gate. They better be in shape with what they are trying to do.

We'll know more as they have the pad's on.

Manso/V8
08-08-2013, 11:50 PM
That big ole cow of yours would never make it around the square. No matter how many times it trys,it can't even make it past the third fence post.

That Brahma bull is doing a fence drill designed to increase hoof speed.

YTBulldogs
08-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Dogestyle, bd and H&L,

Keith Ratley has signed with Commerce. Wish him well, and great decision.

YTBulldogs
08-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Blue/White scrimmage report: Great day to be a Bulldog. Wow!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
08-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Better plug the JV. They are ahead of varsity IMO. I can see a handful being up on varsity come district. Future very bright next several years. 8th grade will be plum nasty. 9th grade, numbers wayyyyyy down.

Dog_e_styl
08-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Low numbers out, but--best depth in years. Odd huh? The tandem QB system (heard it said in past, playing two there, means you don't have one, wrong in this case) will be fun to watch. Both have grown a few inches, faster, stronger. They love contact too. Was nice seeing them run and not get that usual quick whistle blown before they are contacted. Both compliment the other really well. Pick your poison on the play action.

WR is kinda a small concern. We make the unbelievable snag's, then drop the one's right in our hands. I think this will line itself out. They've always caught in the past, so--I think they will again.

Hard to believe they can be faster than last year. But, all across the board, they are. Only twist, now--they are even bigger and stronger. The off season/summer workouts was stressed and enforced big time as I heard. It show's.

Weak spot: punting. But, if ya score, who needs that, right? O-line. But, it's coming. Conditioning. Yes, they were sucking eggs. Heard a few kid's say, it showed us we have to work harder in practice. Good to see them realize that themselves. We are the smallest (numbers wise in D26) so, have to be in better shape than our opponents. We will not have the luxury of having most one way starters. But, the depth is coming to prevent a productivity drop off, and series spell's can be obtained, for those valued breathers. Big key IMO. Also, once we get out of these 7AM cool start times for practice, I see us getting into shape better, as we endure the Texas heat/humidity.

Strong points: Leadership QB play, experienced RB's, with speed and depth. Kicking game (excluding a punter). Return teams. LB'ers and secondary. Overall team speed, strength, size.

All in all, this is a real talented team. Many claim, most talented in decades. I see we have one starter (WR/S) out till district already following surgery. Be a nice boost at the right time when he returns. I too agree, we will not see this team's real potential till district runs around, as development will be Job 1 in the scrimmages and non-district games. As, it was last year.

Let's hear the updates from the other D26 in-house scrimmages today.

bd62
08-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Dogestyle, bd and H&L,

That's great news. I glad he decided to play college
Ball. He had his doubt but everyone that seen him play
Knew he could perform very good at that level. According
To his kin folks I talked the all star game changed his mind.
He start right away if he works hard in that program
I hear they throw a lot which is right up his alley.

YTBulldogs
08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
bd, did you go to the Gob's scrimmage today?

Pudlugger
08-10-2013, 08:03 PM
If 3a support counts Yoakum is going to be a force this year. Where are the Leps fans? :crying:

YTBulldogs
08-10-2013, 08:43 PM
If 3a support counts Yoakum is going to be a force this year. Where are the Leps fans? :crying:

Been waiting for this bunch of kid's since JH. We are blessed for the next several years. Realignment at the right time I say for Yoakum. Help us by getting us in a district with teams more our size numbers wise. This 400+ difference enrollments really can hamper at times. Especially those smaller 3A schools without many athletes. Level the playing field is good finally in 3A.

bd62
08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
bd, did you go to the Gob's scrimmage today?

No I think they will scrimmage Lockhart on practice
Field next Sat. I Pretty sure turf want be ready. I make that
If its in Cuero and let u know how they look. That wasn't TJ
That had surgery . I saw another Yoakum poster say they
Had a WR and safety have surgery.

YTBulldogs
08-11-2013, 09:02 AM
No I think they will scrimmage Lockhart on practice
Field next Sat. I Pretty sure turf want be ready. I make that
If its in Cuero and let u know how they look. That wasn't TJ
That had surgery . I saw another Yoakum poster say they
Had a WR and safety have surgery.

No, it wasn't TJ. Was nothing major, a pinky finger I believe. And, being a WR, they want to make sure it's good come district. Thus, no rush getting him out there. He could, if need be, go in two weeks.

hookandladder
08-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Dogestyle, bd and H&L,

Congrats to him, he will be joining La Grange -Trey Cook.

Pudlugger
08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Hook any word on how the Leps look now that they have put on the pads? We have been getting good turnout under Coach Kates and I would be surprised if we didn't turn out a good number of players again this year. I haven't been down to the practice field yet this season and am out of the loop somewhat.

hookandladder
08-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Hook any word on how the Leps look now that they have put on the pads? We have been getting good turnout under Coach Kates and I would be surprised if we didn't turn out a good number of players again this year. I haven't been down to the practice field yet this season and am out of the loop somewhat.

I posted on another thread about numbers , I think around 130 players came out. Was out of town this past weekend however I did heard that a couple sophomores and one freshman could start on Varsity, the Freshman which I am sure went to some summer camps is already getting some attention from D-1 schools. Should be something else to watch in a year or two, also he takes care of business in the class room. Big plus for him.