PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer's New Home Seating

poisoned10
08-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Took a few pictures of Gilmer's new home side. The night pictures were done about a month or so ago while the day picture was taken today to show the lettering on top of the press box. There is still some work being done to the track but it's almost done. Can't wait for the 1st game there!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

poisoned10
08-03-2013, 05:05 PM
By the way, the top of Tue press box reads ...

G Home of the Buckeyes G

bobcat1
08-03-2013, 07:13 PM
By the way, the top of Tue press box reads ...

G Home of the Buckeyes G

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via TapatalkIs that in honor of G2?

bird_fan
08-03-2013, 11:25 PM
very nice stadiam man

buckeyebob
08-04-2013, 06:35 AM
I, along with some friends are estatic...16 years on the list & we have sat in our new orange reserved seats with Little Debbie Snack Cakes...top row, south end of press box in front of the Visitor Coaches Room above the Tunnel Entrance...so sweet...Little Debbie purchased a couple of new outfits (why is it women have to have an outfit?) for the occasion...I mean there is only so much that goes with Orange & Black...I got a new Nike cap...it is purty.

lostaussie
08-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Very happy with my seats also..............long time coming!!!

ccmom
08-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Looks good!! Congrats!

regaleagle
08-04-2013, 04:39 PM
So what's the seating capacity for the home side and the entire stadium now? BTW, I think since Gilmer and Argyle are pretty much equal in enrollment numbers, the coaches should schedule a home and away series in the near future...maybe next alignment. Neither has played at the other's house yet.

PS>>>We currently have Paris that way, and Celina has LE that way...so Gilmer's not that far away and the fans of both teams will travel well.

buckeyebob
08-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I am awaiting the official count...it has changed several times...the last was just a few ago when they added 200 more orange seats...i would guess it will be published within the next few weeks...preseason with Argyle would be a hoot...Prestonwood is Week 1 with us this year.

waterboy
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
If I remember correctly, the seating capacity at Buckeye Stadium was listed at 6,500 before the renovations. If they added 1,200 to the homeside, that would mean it would put the capacity at 7,700. I've seen the stadium have at least 9,000 fans at some of the big games over the last few years, though, which means at times it won't hold enough. I'm taking it that the band will still remain on the visitor's side...

buckeyebob
08-05-2013, 03:55 PM
If I remember correctly, the seating capacity at Buckeye Stadium was listed at 6,500 before the renovations. If they added 1,200 to the homeside, that would mean it would put the capacity at 7,700. I've seen the stadium have at least 9,000 fans at some of the big games over the last few years, though, which means at times it won't hold enough. I'm taking it that the band will still remain on the visitor's side...

The band stays over yonder...I like it...I can hear'em.

regaleagle
08-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Maybe when it's at Argyle we should find a bigger venue....Argyle only has a seating capacity of 3500. We fill up each game and then the standing areas are pretty full too on most games. The visitors side holds about 1200 I think. That's just not enough for the Buckeye faithful. The entire length of the track on that side of the field and both endzones wouldn't hold the fans. We get lots of visiting fans on big games, anyway. They usually sit on the visitors side or just stand in the standing areas around the north end zone by the concessions. I guess C.H. Collins in Denton could be considered as a home field advantage for Argyle, though. That game would draw lots of local fans, for sure.

footballgal
08-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Took a few pictures of Gilmer's new home side. The night pictures were done about a month or so ago while the day picture was taken today to show the lettering on top of the press box. There is still some work being done to the track but it's almost done. Can't wait for the 1st game there!

Very nice !