PDA

View Full Version : If your team plays to their FULL potential, how far do they go in the postseason?

ctown81
08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Let's hear it

Turin
08-03-2013, 12:50 PM
All the way, of course. :)

4 or 5 deep in the playoffs is reasonable considering the 4 team big & little breakdown.

buckeyebob
08-03-2013, 03:39 PM
We will be very lucky to make it out of district play.

cowboyandchrist
08-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I fully expect the Carthage Dawgs to play for the state championship and I expect Gilmore, Gilmoe, I mean Gilmer to play for the DII title. Kilgore to make it to the title game against Carthage.

poisoned10
08-03-2013, 05:07 PM
We will be very lucky to make it out of district play.

Let's hope we are as healthy this year as we were last year

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

MUSTANG69
08-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Mustangs could go 4 rounds deep.
Hoping for a rematch with El Campo along the way.

ctown81
08-03-2013, 08:46 PM

Yeah, I'm hoping they beat yall again so we can have another shot at them.

FB-fanatic
08-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Counting on 4 deep. We've got to fill a few key positions and counting on some juniors and sophs.

bird_fan
08-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Although We dont return many starters Ricebird fans expect to be competive. Last year we probably played the best in region 4 in the first and 3rd round division. Something simular could happen again this year
In 2010 The ricebirds had a more talented team man for man and explosive wise and over all team speed and passing game just to be beaten by La Margue in the first round by playoff time I expect the bird tobe one of the best in the region and capitable of taking the region again and if they take region will have a shot at state. A rematch will Carthage would be cool. And I'm sure this time Carthage be as over confident as the were last time

buckeyebob
08-04-2013, 06:39 AM
What is a "Ricebird"?

Saggy Aggie
08-04-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm out of the loop West Columbia wise.

But based on recent history, IF they played to their FULL potential... They'd be borderline good enough to win state. Damn near did it in 2011

speedbump
08-04-2013, 07:38 AM
What is a "Ricebird"?

Red-winged Blackbird.

Pudlugger
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Leps could win it all this year. They have the talent and are hungry. With the two division 4 team playoff brackets it is not likely they would run into the #1 team in the region in the first round like last year but instead, get some confidence and a head of steam going forward in the brackets. Of course beyond playing up to their talent level there is the need for a good measure of luck so we are just speculating here.

vtskneb
08-04-2013, 11:40 AM
We got rings on rings on rings, to steal a line from the 2011 Aledo team.

slingshot
08-04-2013, 12:27 PM
We can likely make it until we face the 'Ville... haven't looked at likely matchups but maybe 3rd round?

toddg
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
The Indians will be a beast defensively this year.. Offense will be fast, but inexperienced at the skill positions..O-line will help them along.. Of course, depending on how everything shakes down , I feel a very deep run for the tribe!!! We will beat you up!!

MUSTANG69
08-04-2013, 05:42 PM
:taunt:
You have to make it that far first.:evilgrin:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-04-2013, 07:39 PM
If your team plays to their FULL potential, how far do they go in the postseason? Let's hear it

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/8171/w78i.jpg

regaleagle
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Argyle fan prefers to tread softly regarding this topic. The players, according to the tweets, are very excited.

toddg
08-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Argyle fan prefers to tread softly regarding this topic. The players, according to the tweets, are very excited.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/hank1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/) come on Regal...sometimes you got to just hang'em out there!!! i know you're a salesman of sorts..so go ahead and say what you really think!! lol!

Ville-D
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Win #6

MustangFootball
08-04-2013, 09:22 PM

I think if we get another shot at El Campo the outcome might not be the same, the boys really believe they have a real shot to make a deep run.

regaleagle
08-04-2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/hank1.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/) come on Regal...sometimes you got to just hang'em out there!!! i know you're a salesman of sorts..so go ahead and say what you really think!! lol!

Methinks if the team can stay reasonably healthy the whole season without losing one of our key players(like last year), the Eagles will be very formidable for any opponent to beat. Our season starts with Wylie, then we get 3-times in a row TAPPS SC Nolan Catholic at home, then a rated Kennedale team, Paris, Wilmer Hutchins, Dallas Madison(predicted to be good), Frisco Lone Star(good), Aubrey, Carrollton Ranchview, and finally in Week 10....Celina>>>>by that time they will be ready for us. That's why I tread softly. When you analyze the schedule, there are 4 ranked teams and about 6 that have a real chance to beat Argyle, imo.

speedbump
08-04-2013, 10:03 PM
I think if we get another shot at El Campo the outcome might not be the same, the boys really believe they have a real shot to make a deep run.

Bellville will get their shot at the Birds in the first district game. Ingleside and La grange might want to catch them as early as possible in the playoffs. The later in the season,the tougher it will be to beat them.

BEAST
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
This is a great question. You always have to hope to stay healthy. Injuries can make a real good team real average in a hurry. Brownwood is going to be pretty young. The first 2 games we will be without some key guys. However, I think we will be pretty dang good by the time to playoffs roll around. Hard to say after that.

BEAST

Turin
08-05-2013, 10:27 AM
How do you think the defense is going to shape up as I thought Brownwood was the best we faced last year?

Gsquared
08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I see a 2-8 year for my alma mater :(

BEAST
08-05-2013, 10:32 AM
How do you think the defense is going to shape up as I thought Brownwood was the best we faced last year?

I think we will have another solid D. We will just be young and some players will have to grow up on fly. We have a pretty tough pre-district. I think by the time we get to district play we will be just fine.

BEAST