PDA

View Full Version : Aritificial Noisemakers and the official answer

Aggiemom
12-12-2002, 04:32 PM
I was curious as to the status of artificial noisemakers in the dome so I sent an email to UIL. This is their reply...

Thank you for your inquiry concerning UIL rules.

According to section 1208 (n) of the UIL Constitution and Contest Rules:

MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks, etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

Guess this is saying no noisemakers inside so that means only our loud voices Saturday?

HotDawg89
12-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Aggiemom, though I would LOVE to have an air horn free game, I don't think that is exactly what that means. Fieldhouses and gymnasiums are where they are prohibited. They are smaller areas and the concern is that they would deafen the crowd in such a small room. They echo and are just plain too loud. But the Alamodome is much larger, and is not a fieldhouse or a gymnasium. So, my guess is that they would not be prohibited by the above UIL rule. I do know that if an airhorn is blown during an important play of the game, causing the other team to lose on a scoring drive, the other team whose fans "blew the horn" may be disqualified if it is argued that the noise gave the players the impression that a play was over, like a whistle was blown...

anyone else have any info on this?

<small>[ December 12, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

29x281
12-12-2002, 07:25 PM
The UIL may not prohibit them, but the Alamodome definitely does. At least they did when Burnet played Somerset.

espn1
12-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Yeah, but you can bank on a lot of them being their Saturday.

TXMike
12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
I watched New Braunfels play Calallen in there in the playoffs and Calallen had an air horn. Nobody seemed to stop them.

SWTdawg
12-12-2002, 09:47 PM
Why don't we not worry about if noise makers will be allowed at the game Saturday. I am a noise maker and I am sure I will be allowed and really that is all we really need. WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN AIRHORNS!!!

BULLDOGFAN
12-12-2002, 10:52 PM
What is with these places where the playoff games are played. We ( Bandera ) just received notice that no sign of any kind will be allowed at the Stadium in Round Rock. What kind of crap is that? What is allowed and how do you find out what is allowed? Heaven forbid someone shows any kind of spirit at a High School Playoff Game.

dawgdad
12-12-2002, 11:15 PM
you know those airhorns only go off occasionally and I think most people who use them point them upward. The thing that irritates me the most are those people who fill cans with BB's and stand up on every play and shake them. That kind of thing is so rude to someone who is trying to see and hear a football game. I was ready to put out a bounty on one at the Marlin game. Everyone in the vicinity was p.o.'d .The other rude thing is the parents who bring very small children and allow them to do whatever and somehow feel that it is "cute". LEAVE THEM AT HOME,OR DON'T COME-THEY ARE TOO SMALL TO ENJOY THE GAME. If your child is too small to talk what makes you think that he should be there disrupting other people's space? If you want to see a football game try yelling or hire a baby sitter!

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2002, 11:36 PM
dawgdad:
The thing that irritates me the most are those people who fill cans with BB's and stand up on every play and shake them.AMEN BRU-THA!!!

Those Freon or Propane cans filled with ball bearings or BBs are of the Devil. Really.