PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 46, Jasper 28

J-DUB_OF_BURNET
12-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Somebody say "I BELIEVE". Burnet's Going to State.

GO DAWGS

classof 90
12-07-2002, 09:47 PM
dub...
no one from jasper anywhere....
have u seen or heard from them?
gene turney said on khlb radio that there was a mad dash for the exits shortly after the 3rd quarter!!!!!

GO BIG GREEN!!!! eek! eek!

BarneyBulldawg4President
12-07-2002, 09:59 PM
That is correct, definitely vacated the premises at 40-14.

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2002, 10:21 PM
WE didn't mass exodus until it was over. We were there for our kids to the very end. Burnet played an excellent game and flat out beat us. They deserve congratulations. However, we still love our Jasper Bulldogs and we would be horrible fans if we walked out on them when the going got tough. WE love you Jasper. Congratulations Burnet. You have a classy team.

classof 90
12-07-2002, 10:38 PM
great job jasper!!!!!!!
hope to see you guys in it next year!!!!

what i find incredible is that two teams from our district are playing for a state title!!!!!

go dawgs !!!!
BURNET AND BANDERA

Jason1725
12-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Jasper is still here and kicking, but it just took us longer to get home. Like I said earlier you have a classy team but some of you fans on here are anything but class.

Jason1725
12-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Jasper is still here and kicking, but it just took us longer to get home. Like I said earlier you have a classy team but some of you fans on here are anything but class.

HotDawg89
12-08-2002, 12:09 AM
Jason, I hate to be the one to say it, but there were a ton of Jasper folks leaving the stands way before the game was over- there were fans that had signs that said "You lose" there were boos from your side of the stadium when Burnet entered the field after half time was over. . . I'd say every hometown how their share of sh*! talkers whether it is on the net or at the game. For the most part, many of our fans as well as yours are very gracious. After the game tonight, we ate in college station, and a Jasper cheerleader and her parents were sitting across from us- when they left, they congratulated us, and wished us well in the finals. That is style. People just like to get on the net and point out the obvious- and it almost always comes off cocky. Try not to take it personally, and don't misjudge Burnet from a few crappy posts and topics like "I am laughing at Jasper" What the heck is that about? Now that ticks me off and I am from Burnet... that screams of poor sportsmanship. . .Geezzzz

Later

j_dog
12-08-2002, 01:13 AM
Yes, obviously some Jasper people left. By no means all. I don't think anyone left from the area where I was sitting. In fact, I was blown away by how into the game the Jasper fans were, in spite of being in a deep, deep hole. The Jasper team I saw never gave up until the final seconds ticked off the clock, and the many fans that remained never gave up either. It is not fair to paint everyone with the same brush.

Jason1725
12-08-2002, 10:57 AM
HotDawg I hear you and know what your saying is true. As far as the I am laughing at Jasper post that was started by a guy from Diboll who stated earlier in the year he hoped they broke our QB's neck. I posted what he said and I doubt he comes back on here. I am just confused as to why saying you think your team can win is considered arrogant. Yes BOTH teams were talking trash so to say Jasper was worse about it I don't agree. If you get bored one day go back to the posts from Burnet last week and swap Burnet with Jasper and see if it was Jasper that stated some of that stuff most would have been all over them. If Jasper had said some of the things Burnet posters did it would have been a lot worse. Now look some of your posters are already saying they won State which I think there is nothing wrong with. As far as the U-lose sign this is a game so winning is the point is it not? With that being said what is the ultimate prize? The state title, so whats wrong with saying you want to win that? I am not saying everybody from Burnet is bad but just like Jasper there are some who remove all doubt that they are idiots. I am just a little confused thats all. Look I talked to your coaches and players after the game and they were all nice and respectful. It's a shame though that some from both sides cant be the same in victory and defeat. I hope you guys win I really do, to see your QB play with one leg and rip our secondary apart was something to see. Like I said last week the game would be won on the lines and Burnet won that battle. But to those posters from Burnet who think you have State in the bag don't count out anyone, that's what happened to Jasper I think. They came out slow and you got the big lead. They started a little comeback but the INT killed their spirits. Jasper had a great year and just like Burnet the team is full of respectful kids.

Bulldawg35
12-08-2002, 05:58 PM
classof 90:
great job jasper!!!!!!!

what i find incredible is that two teams from our district are playing for a state title!!!!!

go dawgs !!!!
BURNET AND BANDERA

Bulldawg35
12-08-2002, 06:01 PM
classof 90:
great job jasper!!!!!!!

go dawgs !!!!
BURNET AND BANDERAjust a small thing. Bandera isn't playing for the title yet, they are only in the semi-finals

Bulldawg35
12-08-2002, 06:04 PM
classof 90:
great job jasper!!!!!!!

go dawgs !!!!
BURNET AND BANDERAjust a small thing. Bandera isn't playing for the title yet, they are only in the semi-finals.

P.S. my prediction for the Burnet game
Burnet 35
Everman 14