PDA

View Full Version : Speed Killz Period Program wraps up tomorrow

Cam
07-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Tomorrow will be the last day of summer workouts for the Burnet boys and girls under the direction of Speed Killz Period. Turnout was very good. And the boys I've spoken to really enjoyed it and thought it was well worth it. I had wondered how things were gonna pan out after watching several boys losing their breakfast on the first day. But everyone pretty much hung in there for the duration.....Plus, I didn't see anyone hurling towards the end of the program. I know my kid said's he feels stronger than he ever has....His only hurdle now is a nagging hip injury (hip strain/possible labrum tear) he acquired during baseball season....After several trips to his orthopedic doc and physical therapy, it is now a waiting period which includes lots of rest, stretching, and physical therapy...If by Aug. 27th his hip pain isn't gone, it'll be time to re-evaluate. There is a chance his football season is in jeopardy. Without his wheels it would be tough to play his position......We can only hope and pray he will be OK.
Oh, and kudos to the Speed Killz trainers who knew of his condition and prohibited him from participating in certain exercises involving the hips. These guys really cared and took care of these kids......I'll give these guys :2thumbsup