PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill #6 in Boys B-Ball

RBARKER
01-29-2004, 08:30 AM
BH has climbed the ladder all year and now rest at #6 in the state in Boys Basket Ball. It’s almost strange to see the Eagles in the top Ten. As far as I can remember Boys Basket ball at BH has been non-existent then along comes a new coach last year and has turned BH basketball into a force. I think that the Coach and players deserve allot of recognition on a great season they are 21-2 for the year and 8-0 in district. Go Eagles

eagle.eyes
01-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Barker, prob the best boys team at BH ever, BUT, we're overrated!

RBARKER
01-29-2004, 01:26 PM
True Eagle Eye's we probally are a ittle overrated but time will tell. It's hard to gauge just how good this Eagle team is I was hoping they would play #1 Kountz a little better than they did but they should do well come playoff time

BHCoach
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
The new basketball coach has done a fine job, however, many of these players were on the varsity as soph. under the previous head coach. There was a solid base from which to work prior to the appearance of the new coach. The boy's basketball program has been very competitive for years. A combination of the past, off-season, and a new coach have made for a successful run this year. Good luck in future games and the play-offs.

Hupernikomen
01-29-2004, 02:32 PM
RBARKER:
True Eagle Eye's we probally are a ittle overrated but time will tell. It's hard to gauge just how good this Eagle team is I was hoping they would play #1 Kountz a little better than they did but they should do well come playoff timeBH has been struggling against some of the weaker teams in the district of late. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland bump them off Friday if Barber's Hill doesn't regroup a bit.

KTJ
01-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Who do yall play tomorrow?

RBARKER
01-29-2004, 04:00 PM
KTJ:
Who do yall play tomorrow?Barbers Hill will host 2nd in distirict Cleveland

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

RBARKER
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Hupernikomen:

RBARKER:
True Eagle Eye's we probally are a ittle overrated but time will tell. It's hard to gauge just how good this Eagle team is I was hoping they would play #1 Kountz a little better than they did but they should do well come playoff timeBH has been struggling against some of the weaker teams in the district of late. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland bump them off Friday if Barber's Hill doesn't regroup a bit.Barbers Hill has been struggling??? I think not dispite two close games BH has dominated the district. Lets recap

Beat Huffman By 21
Beat Cleveland By 17
Beat Splendora by 4 in OT
Beat Liberty by 62 eek!
Beat Cold Springs by 23
Beat Shepard by 54 eek!
Beat Tarkington by 20
Beat Huffman by 9

BHKrystal06
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
RBARKER:

Hupernikomen:

RBARKER:
True Eagle Eye's we probally are a ittle overrated but time will tell. It's hard to gauge just how good this Eagle team is I was hoping they would play #1 Kountz a little better than they did but they should do well come playoff timeBH has been struggling against some of the weaker teams in the district of late. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland bump them off Friday if Barber's Hill doesn't regroup a bit.Barbers Hill has been struggling??? I think not dispite two close games BH has dominated the district. Lets recap

Beat Huffman By 21
Beat Cleveland By 17
Beat Splendora by 4 in OT
Beat Liberty by 62 eek!
Beat Cold Springs by 23
Beat Shepard by 54 eek!
Beat Tarkington by 20
Beat Huffman by 9You tell him RBARKER! Barbers Hill has been doing great this year!

Old Cardinal
01-29-2004, 04:31 PM
When I saw you stay within 20 points of Kountze, I figured you were 5th or 6th in the state rankings. Congratulations to the new Coach and the boys for turning it around this year.

eagle.eyes
01-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Barker,from your last post I can see you weren't at the last 2 games

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: eagle.eyes ]</small>

RBARKER
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
True Eagle eyes I was not at the last two games did go to Fridays nights game and BH had a lot of heart to pull that one out. Cleveland came to win and I can see we are in a little of a slump right now, But better now than playoff time. The next game is going to be a tough one against Splendora BH has to stop the Three pointers.

RBARKER
02-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Old Cardinal:
When I saw you stay within 20 points of Kountze, I figured you were 5th or 6th in the state rankings. Congratulations to the new Coach and the boys for turning it around this year.Thanks Old Card for the props. I bet you can't wait till Baseball season. Hope the Cards have a good year

hsfan
02-01-2004, 06:27 PM
not ranked that high in other polls.a good team just a little overrated.

Hupernikomen
02-01-2004, 11:46 PM
RBARKER:
True Eagle eyes I was not at the last two games did go to Fridays nights game and BH had a lot of heart to pull that one out. Cleveland came to win and I can see we are in a little of a slump right now, But better now than playoff time. The next game is going to be a tough one against Splendora BH has to stop the Three pointers.Glad you see it like I do. BH is a great team but I stick by my assessment. The last 3 games they haven't performed at the level they were playing at earlier. But hey they keep finding ways to win which is the mark of a great team. Good luck the rest of the way. Splendora can be very difficult to beat at home. I suspect Monk will return to his game this week and will go off on the next two opponents.