PDA

View Full Version : CONCACAF WORLD CUP: USA VS PANAMA (Men's Soccer)

Phil C
07-28-2013, 08:28 AM
It is on the Fox Channel today starting at 2:30 P.M. It should be a good one. The winner automatically qualifies for the 2014 International World Cup.

Go USA!

Matthew328
07-28-2013, 09:06 AM
The winner doesn't qualify for the World Cup...World Cup Qualifying determines that...Gold Cup is just the CONCACAF championship nothing else

Phil C
07-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Great news as USA wins 1-0 in a well played defensive game. The only goal was by Brek Shea who had just substituted for an injured player. The score was in the 68th minute. Well done USA!

Phil C
07-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Brek Shea almost scored a second goal but fortunately the USA held on for the win. It is noted that he is from Aggieland but went pro right after High School. Too bad the Aggies don't have a college men's soccer team.

Phil C
07-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. It is gaining popularity in the USA. This game was played in Chicago and was played before a large crowd. Of course it will never replace football and other sports but it is gaining popularity in the USA. If the USA ever wins the International World Cup look out.

FB-fanatic
07-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. It is gaining popularity in the USA. This game was played in Chicago and was played before a large crowd. Of course it will never replace football and other sports but it is gaining popularity in the USA. If the USA ever wins the International World Cup look out.

Great match, really enjoyed it. As I've said before, we are a big soccer family and my son also plays UIL soccer. What has amazed me in the number of high school kids talking about world soccer, and the number of kids, in spite of parents at home who say they lothe it, are playing FIFA Playstation all summer across networks. I don't know if it's because the gaming companies put together such a good game, but pretty sure it's because soccer is catching on so well with the young teens. ESPN Radio was just discussing the explosion of soccer in the USA.

Cam
07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
that's all great and all for the USA...I like soccer.....but I say bring on the world cup of quidditch!!!!

Phil C
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
that's all great and all for the USA...I like soccer.....but I say bring on the world cup of quidditch!!!!

Hear hear!

:clap: