PDA

View Full Version : Dez getting it?

Macarthur
07-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Dez has had a few detractors on here. I hope he stays focused.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/23/5023555/dez-bryant-is-out-to-repay-cowboys.html

Tejastrue
07-24-2013, 02:36 PM
He just might be my role model now. :) Seriously though, this is good to see. Adds more hope to the upcoming season.

Farmersfan
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Seems like the same story we have heard before. Only time will tell but Dez has no right at this point to expect people to simply FORGET the past. As they say: The proof is in the pudding!

Roughneck93
07-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Quiet offseason for Dez. That's a good sign. :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
He was stupid coming out of hs

Macarthur
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Seems like the same story we have heard before. Only time will tell but Dez has no right at this point to expect people to simply FORGET the past. As they say: The proof is in the pudding!

I don't think anyone is saying anything should be forgotten.

The pudding was almost 100 catches almost 1400 yards and 12 tds.

His first 3 year stats of 200 catches, 2800 yards and 28 tds are on par with megatron and a Johnson.

Hes a beast.

Macarthur
07-24-2013, 06:10 PM
He was stupid coming out of hs

You're a great guy tiger.

buff4ever
07-26-2013, 02:30 PM
I have said it before, Dez is fun to watch play, and he tries to score everytime he touches the ball. You have to respect anyone who plays the game that way. Have always thought he would grow out of early misc. crap, and would get better and better at learning the system. I think he will have a great year this year, especially if we can keep Austin healthy, and run the ball for 4 or 5 yards every few running plays.

Macarthur
07-27-2013, 09:58 AM
I think the biggest thing for Dez was learning what it meant to be a responsible adult. He had no role model growing up and if you've read about his upbringing, it's a minor miracle that he's where he is today. If you read what people say that have known him, you would repeatedly hear people say that Dez was a good kid. He was not a thug or a criminal; he was just immature and had no adult direction.

Some on here may scoff at that, but most of us on here had the advantage of being born to responsible people that taught us what it means to be productive members of society. Michael Irvin talked once about not ever seing a man get up in the morning and put on a tie to go to work. That concept was foreign to him.

It appears that Dez is hungry for the structure the cowboys have provided. Now, this not a done deal and Dez may very well have some more bumps in the road, but I think his is a case of a goos kid being in a bad situation and hopefully the success story of overcoming those odds