PDA

View Full Version : Fr Worth Marriott Golf/TMS

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Can someone direct me in the right direction? :) I haven't been in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in longer than I'd like to think about. Lil44 (who is 25 now, unreal) anyway - he is meeting up with his middle brother and sister in law from Flordia @ the Marriott on Friday-Sunday for a long golf weekend.. He's familiar with Austin traffic - on up to Waco.. In fact, he's leaving Cuero Thursday after work and going to spend the night with Gobbler84 aka Kayron (who's got a coaching gig at Waco Connally I hear) anyway - from looking at mapquest, etc - looks like he just gets on 35N - then take 35W and travel until he sees Texas Motor Spdway - and the Marriott is across the freeway - is it that easy? :confused:

Gsquared
07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Can someone direct me in the right direction? :) I haven't been in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in longer than I'd like to think about. Lil44 (who is 25 now, unreal) anyway - he is meeting up with his middle brother and sister in law from Flordia @ the Marriott on Friday-Sunday for a long golf weekend.. He's familiar with Austin traffic - on up to Waco.. In fact, he's leaving Cuero Thursday after work and going to spend the night with Gobbler84 aka Kayron (who's got a coaching gig at Waco Connally I hear) anyway - from looking at mapquest, etc - looks like he just gets on 35N - then take 35W and travel until he sees Texas Motor Spdway - and the Marriott is across the freeway - is it that easy? :confused:

Not easy in the least 44, the traffic in that area SUCKS!!!!

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Not easy in the least 44, the traffic in that area SUCKS!!!!

that's what I was afraid of.............. glad he's going up to Waco the night before.. he'll have plenty of time Friday - other son's flight isn't until 2:15.. :)

Matthew328
07-24-2013, 01:24 PM
that's what I was afraid of.............. glad he's going up to Waco the night before.. he'll have plenty of time Friday - other son's flight isn't until 2:15.. :)

Just needs to take I-35W north past Fort Worth and he'll see the hotel on the left...there's not much out there but the hotels and the speedway....and traffic on I-35 in Ft Worth is rough....

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Just needs to take I-35W north past Fort Worth and he'll see the hotel on the left...there's not much out there but the hotels and the speedway....and traffic on I-35 in Ft Worth is rough....

thanks....... he's like most 25 year olds - he knows it all and needs NO advise or suggestions but he gets it anyway :) :ack!:

hollywood
07-24-2013, 03:08 PM
It's a pretty cool place. I've been there many times. We used to get a room thru Priceline for $60/nt there. Nice outdoor pool, decent golf course.

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 03:44 PM
It's a pretty cool place. I've been there many times. We used to get a room thru Priceline for $60/nt there. Nice outdoor pool, decent golf course.

they just want to practice together since the annual Cuero Country Club tourney is on Aug 10th and 11th - Chad didn't want to fly to (Austin) then drive to Cuero since he's coming here on Aug 9th - and JOhnny didn't really want to head to Tampa - so they split the difference and are meeting in Ft Worth - sounds like a crazy weekend to me - but I have a sneaky feeling mom doesn't have ALL the details (and that's probably a good thing) :) This isn't my first rodeo.. with 37, 35 and 25 yr old sons - I've learned to go with the flow........... I bet they get 36 holes in Saturday and 18 Sunday.. mercy...

hollywood
07-24-2013, 04:50 PM
they just want to practice together since the annual Cuero Country Club tourney is on Aug 10th and 11th - Chad didn't want to fly to (Austin) then drive to Cuero since he's coming here on Aug 9th - and JOhnny didn't really want to head to Tampa - so they split the difference and are meeting in Ft Worth - sounds like a crazy weekend to me - but I have a sneaky feeling mom doesn't have ALL the details (and that's probably a good thing) :) This isn't my first rodeo.. with 37, 35 and 25 yr old sons - I've learned to go with the flow........... I bet they get 36 holes in Saturday and 18 Sunday.. mercy...

Sounds like fun to me! Nice hotel and golf course for the $.