PDA

View Full Version : USA vs. Honduras Wed. Cowboys Stadium

Matthew328
07-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Gold Cup semi-finals!! I know its soccer but I'm excited to go...went to my first soccer game in Canada in September and it was a blast...

hollywood
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
It's my second favorite sport! I'm envious again Matt! I thought it was sold out.

Matthew328
07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
not sold out at all..got my tickets for 60 bucks

Phil C
07-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Go USA!

Tejastrue
07-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Soccer is not my thing but I do keep up with the USA highlights and scores. The FIFA World Cup is what I enjoy the most in recent years and watch whenever possible.

Roughneck93
07-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Field may not be in the best of shape...

http://deadspin.com/cowboys-stadium-is-a-horrible-place-to-host-soccer-885845251

Gone Fishing
07-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Football, golf, track, baseball, basketball, bass fishing, cross country, ping pong, softball. volleyball, shuffleboard, washers, horseshoes, disc frisbee, racket ball , hand ball, tennis, swimming, diving, gymnastics, rodeo, hockey, marbles, pitching pennies, badminton, Quidditch, band, competition cheer, and then soccer!!! Just saying...

Matthew328
07-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Thats bad..no excuse the pitch should be in that poor shape...its not like Cowboys Stadium has had a busy calendar

hollywood
07-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Football, golf, track, baseball, basketball, bass fishing, cross country, ping pong, softball. volleyball, shuffleboard, washers, horseshoes, disc frisbee, racket ball , hand ball, tennis, swimming, diving, gymnastics, rodeo, hockey, marbles, pitching pennies, badminton, Quidditch, band, competition cheer, and then soccer!!! Just saying...

LOL and ur crazy! Shuffleboard?!? You must of had a bad experience

Matthew328
07-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Just go to one US Men's National Team game..I think opinions would change...soccer is a lot of fun in person

hollywood
07-23-2013, 10:44 PM
I've played most of my life, 2nd best sport in the world to me! #1 sport in the world to the majority.

hollywood
07-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Just go to one US Men's National Team game..I think opinions would change...soccer is a lot of fun in person

Never been to a USMNT game but have taken half my daughters team to a USWNT game and it was AWESOME. Have been to several FC Dallas games.

piratebg
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
3-1 USA advances to to play winner of Mexico vs Panama on Sunday!!!

I love soccer. My son plays on a competative team year round. It is the best sport after football hands down. We follow all US teams and the Houston Dynamo. FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea...we watch them all.

hollywood
07-24-2013, 08:32 PM
3-1 USA advances to to play winner of Mexico vs Panama on Sunday!!!

I love soccer. My son plays on a competative team year round. It is the best sport after football hands down. We follow all US teams and the Houston Dynamo. FC Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea...we watch them all.

I'm right there with you piratebg! I've played most of my life starting in Corpus Christi, then to Aransas Pass, Gregory/Portland. I coach a girl's competitive team. Skipped my 7th grade year of football for soccer! A game that can be played anywhere, anytime, with just a ball and skill for a lifetime.

Old Tiger
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM

That's cool! Be one of the ignorant who doesn't like the worlds most popular sport.

Gone Fishing
07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
That's cool! Be one of the ignorant who doesn't like the worlds most popular sport.

LOL OT... Can't help myself from the ignorance of not liking soccer...Just the way I grew up...My dad played in the orange bowl for Rice, two uncles that were All Americans at A&M, me and my brothers had an "american" football stuck in our gut when we were young, and well, I did the same to my son. No soccer when he was 8, tackle football and baseball. I would say that American soccer Moms are a little better looking on average than the football Moms, but the baseball and soft ball Moms might give them a run for their money! Totally LOL!!!

Matthew328
07-25-2013, 10:58 AM
I had a fantastic time last night...great atmosphere great spirit and pride from all the countries....really cool scene.....made it even better we played outstanding and won 3-1

BEAST
07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
I had a fantastic time last night...great atmosphere great spirit and pride from all the countries....really cool scene.....made it even better we played outstanding and won 3-1

Thats awesome. The US Men are on a pretty dang good win streak. Lets make sure we get one more.

BEAST

Cam
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
.....I played soccer once........:thinking:....twisted a nut!.......

hollywood
07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
It's sport not for the weak Camy! Lol As some on here may think.

Bruised a rib last Sunday playing against a buncha young out of control wanna be's! Dang it

Cam
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM
It's sport not for the weak Camy! Lol As some on here may think.

Bruised a rib last Sunday playing against a buncha young out of control wanna be's! Dang it

For sure holly...and let's face it..my nuts aren't what they used to be!....One thing for sure, soccer does bring out the worst in some folks.....I know I've told this story before...but I'll never forget my soccer coaching days with my 5 year old son and the near fight to the death I had with the other team's coach!.....After my 5 & 6 year olds put a horrible whoopin' to their opponent, I was approached after the game by the opponents coach...a massive 6'5" 245 lb. linebacker look alike!.....I thought he was coming over to shake my hand!...Turns out, he was pissed and accused me of coaching my little ones on the fine art of throwin' elbows!......Anyways, it got ugly after that....but I'll spare you the details!...... :foul:

sahen
07-26-2013, 01:00 PM
I went to the semis 2 years ago in Houston and had a good time...also went to a US/Mexico "friendly" at Reliant a few years back...both fun experiences...i like soccer a lot but have problems watching league play as ties still drive me crazy...the tournaments in soccer are awesome....my wife and i are thinking about trying to go to Russia for the world cup in 5 years, hopefully it all works out...

Matthew328
07-26-2013, 01:02 PM
league play does beat me down...love tournament play

hollywood
07-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Kinda like baseball or basketball season... League play is a yawn.. Playoffs or tournament play is way more intense

hollywood
07-26-2013, 09:19 PM
I may be biased... but of you ever get a chance to catch a USWNT game, GO! Alex Morgan is well worth the money.

Matthew328
07-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I am glad our women are good but its a boring watch on TV its like watching a game in slow mo