PDA

View Full Version : Celina, Cuero, China Springs, Liberty Hill...Sound of Silence.

Celina8
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Even though I have never posted on the downlow, I have been coming and reading on here since 2006. One thing I have noticed is that you can tell a lot about the fans expectations of their teams by the number of post from the fans of that community. Celina in years past have been very heavily involved here on the downlow. This year there has been a very strange silence, the same can be said for Cuero, China Springs, Liberty Hill and a few others. I have no knowledge of what kinda team Celina will have this year, but usually there would be a few on this board already providing some good insight. This year is different. Just the Sound of Silence which has me wondering should I be worried or not. I don't see us beating Argyle, and Frisco Lone Star can be more of a challenge just because of their increased numbers . I believe our offensive line will be the key for us this year and hopefully we have better depth this year as I know that was an issue we faced last year. Good Luck Bobcats.

LH Panther Mom
07-22-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm sure that in the next few weeks, you'll hear more from LH people than you'd like. :D ;) I'm waiting until the intersquad to pipe up, since I no longer have an inside track (aka my kids have all graduated) to find out how summer S&C has gone, etc.

marler1972
07-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Even though I have never posted on the downlow, I have been coming and reading on here since 2006. One thing I have noticed is that you can tell a lot about the fans expectations of their teams by the number of post from the fans of that community. Celina in years past have been very heavily involved here on the downlow. This year there has been a very strange silence, the same can be said for Cuero, China Springs, Liberty Hill and a few others. I have no knowledge of what kinda team Celina will have this year, but usually there would be a few on this board already providing some good insight. This year is different. Just the Sound of Silence which has me wondering should I be worried or not. I don't see us beating Argyle, and Frisco Lone Star can be more of a challenge just because of their increased numbers . I believe our offensive line will be the key for us this year and hopefully we have better depth this year as I know that was an issue we faced last year. Good Luck Bobcats.

Silence could mean a good thing. I would say you have nothing to worry about with our Celina boys........

Old Green
07-22-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm sure that in the next few weeks, you'll hear more from LH people than you'd like. :D ;) I'm waiting until the intersquad to pipe up, since I no longer have an inside track (aka my kids have all graduated) to find out how summer S&C has gone, etc.Same here. No inside track to info regarding the team,but it will pick up soon. Right now the excitement now, are the stadium upgrades.

Old Tiger
07-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Cuero will never be Cuero again, ever.

Old Green
07-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Cuero will never be Cuero again, ever.Watch next year. You're going to be surprised.

Old Tiger
07-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Watch next year. You're going to be surprised.

I just set my standards really low for every team that way if they surprise me I'm really surprised.

Old Green
07-22-2013, 09:54 PM
I just set my standards really low for every team that way if they surprise me I'm really surprised.:wave:Sometimes it pays to do that. We've got a group of freshman, if they all stick with will be real good.

Old Tiger
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
:wave:Sometimes it pays to do that. We've got a group of freshman, if they all stick with will be real good.

I imagine y'all are getting some good oil field move ins?

Old Green
07-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I imagine y'all are getting some good oil field move ins?Not as many as people think. Still mostly homegrown. They are building a large subdivision and houses are going up everyday.

Old Tiger
07-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Not as many as people think. Still mostly homegrown. They are building a large subdivision and houses are going up everyday.

I went through Cuero on my to Victoria then down to Port Mansfield earlier this spring...Saw the field with all the signs and such....good to see small town tradition like that.

Old Green
07-22-2013, 10:05 PM
I went through Cuero on my to Victoria then down to Port Mansfield earlier this spring...Saw the field with all the signs and such....good to see small town tradition like that.Yep ! that's what's great about small town football. Pride!

bd62
07-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Cuero is one of the few schools that have been in or won a state championship in the 70's,80's,90' and the last yr was 2004. Many trips to semifinals
During that period also. 4 trips in 70 's winning 2 titles,
3 trips in 80's winning one title , 2 trips in 90 's and one in 2004.
The passion for HS football is very much alive there but like any town
The talent level is not allways there and some times the coaching level is not up to parr. It's coming back with the freshman group and some good Jr athletics
Travis R is an outstanding coach and a very good man. What he did with that team of young players last yr
Was remarkable to make the playoffs in a dist that was much tougher than the
Previous 2 yrs.. And he brought in some outstanding assistants. In 2 yrs I think you
See Cuero making deep runs in playoffs again.

Celina8
07-23-2013, 05:15 AM
I remember watching Cuero win the AAA title against McGregor at Memorial Stadium in Austin with Robert Strait (man among boys ). It would be good to see that Freshman class make a deep run for the Gobblers. Celina has me curious as we stumbled out of the gate last year with a loss to Melissa in the season opener and never really seemed to get into rhythm. I know we implemented the Spread offense last year and I suspect that will continue this year. The game against Liberty Eylau this year might be a good indicator as I see LE being much improved from last year. Like I said in my original post, a good indicator in the past has always seemed to be the chatter of several Celina fans posting on the Downlow and other boards about the upcoming season even before the first issue of Dave Campbell's Texas Football would hit the store. This year I have not seen even a hint of chatter on any forums and even in town , and church no one is really talking about the upcoming season. Argyle on the other hand has made their presents known on a few other forums as they have a lot of excitement and anticipation for the upcoming season and I think that is what got me started thinking about this thread.

CelinaCatFan
07-23-2013, 09:03 AM
I remember watching Cuero win the AAA title against McGregor at Memorial Stadium in Austin with Robert Strait (man among boys ). It would be good to see that Freshman class make a deep run for the Gobblers. Celina has me curious as we stumbled out of the gate last year with a loss to Melissa in the season opener and never really seemed to get into rhythm. I know we implemented the Spread offense last year and I suspect that will continue this year. The game against Liberty Eylau this year might be a good indicator as I see LE being much improved from last year. Like I said in my original post, a good indicator in the past has always seemed to be the chatter of several Celina fans posting on the Downlow and other boards about the upcoming season even before the first issue of Dave Campbell's Texas Football would hit the store. This year I have not seen even a hint of chatter on any forums and even in town , and church no one is really talking about the upcoming season. Argyle on the other hand has made their presents known on a few other forums as they have a lot of excitement and anticipation for the upcoming season and I think that is what got me started thinking about this thread.

Once Two-A-Days start, I'm sure chatter will pick up among the 3ADL family (Celina included). I'm not sure what to expect this year either. But, one thing is for sure. I'll be there supporting them along the way!

Rabid Cougar
07-23-2013, 09:25 AM
I remember watching Cuero win the AAA title against McGregor at Memorial Stadium in Austin with Robert Strait (man among boys ).

Yea Cuero should have never been in that game. The "man among boys" got the dog piss knocked out of him by Cameron's noseguard causing a fumble which Cameron recovered. Refs said "no fumble". Strait scores the next play, the difference in the game. The way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I received satisfaction in 2007.

AND there is only one spring in CHINA SPRING.

What do you want us to say? "We are going to kick a$$ this year." Its District 17...its a dog fight every Friday night... except when you are playing West. Lorena is the one to beat.

Celina8
07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Yea Cuero should have never been in that game. The "man among boys" got the dog piss knocked out of him by Cameron's noseguard causing a fumble which Cameron recovered. Refs said "no fumble". Strait scores the next play, the difference in the game. The way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I received satisfaction in 2007.

AND there is only one spring in CHINA SPRING.

What do you want us to say? "We are going to kick a$$ this year." Its District 17...its a dog fight every Friday night... except when you are playing West. Lorena is the one to beat.

That is my point...past experience on this and other forums has pretty much shown that those fans who think they have a team who is going to kick a$$ and take names are the ones posting the most, and already talking about the upcoming season. This season we are not really seeing that from the Bobcats, Cougars, Panthers, Gobblers and a few others. Back in 2006 Giddings was all over this forum and they went all the way to the Semi Finals. Brownwood and Rocket in 2009. Cuero in 2010 had a lot of fan participation prior to the season and two a days. I am just saying that has seemed to be a pretty good measurement. Most of those teams all went at least to the Quarterfinals and some beyond.

bobcat1
07-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Once Two-A-Days start, I'm sure chatter will pick up among the 3ADL family (Celina included). I'm not sure what to expect this year either. But, one thing is for sure. I'll be there supporting them along the way!

Absolutely true. I got an idea but I am gonna be a little tight lipped this year for now and let the play speak for itself.:thumbsup:

Old Green
07-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Absolutely true. I got an idea but I am gonna be a little tight lipped this year for now and let the play speak for itself.:thumbsup:

The same here Bobcat1. I know a few things , but I not going to post about it until I see it for myself. I've mentioned those freshman several times. They are very athletic. May see a few on varsity and the rest on Jv. :thumbsup:

Cam
07-23-2013, 12:15 PM
ah hell.....I don't get the "tight lipped" philosophy.....that's what this forum is for isn't it? To talk about football and your teams??.....The word "humble" on here shouldn't exist....this is where you talk it up, otherwise, it gets boring....I'm gettin' bored just typin' this!....shoot, I've noticed lately most football related threads end up on the 12th page before political or other non-football threads do!.....what's up with that downlowers?......
So yeah....Burnet is going to kick Liberty Hill's arse again this year!!!.....that was just for you panfan!....:taunt:

marler1972
07-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Ditto wont here much from me either aleast for the next two years.

bobcat1
07-23-2013, 12:47 PM
ah hell.....I don't get the "tight lipped" philosophy.....that's what this forum is for isn't it? To talk about football and your teams??.....The word "humble" on here shouldn't exist....this is where you talk it up, otherwise, it gets boring....I'm gettin' bored just typin' this!....shoot, I've noticed lately most football related threads end up on the 12th page before political or other non-football threads do!.....what's up with that downlowers?......
So yeah....Burnet is going to kick Liberty Hill's arse again this year!!!.....that was just for you panfan!....:taunt:

Crow has started to give me indigestion these days.

Cam
07-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Crow has started to give me indigestion these days.

LOL.....I like you bobcat1!.....I don't love you...but I do like you....course, all that could change!......:inlove:

regaleagle
07-23-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking there's so many good teams in 3A now that fans are not in the same position as years ago to feel their team will be going into the season as a highly dominant team, unless you are a Stephenville fan, lol. Of course, Carthage fans are feeling braggadocias as well with their team and Boginshutz at qb. And Celina does happen to have a very good qb at the helm for his Jr. year with Nathan Elliot this season....so I wouldn't discount their chances this season, either. The postings will begin picking up in about a month from now, no doubt.

I didn't mean to slight other teams on here like Gilmer and Graham and others.

buckeyebob
07-23-2013, 02:15 PM

And where & when would this battle occur with LE? Might be an opportunity to see a couple of old foes.

buckeyebob
07-23-2013, 02:18 PM

I was humble once...

44INAROW
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
May see a few on varsity and the rest on Jv. :thumbsup:
kinda like the boys that graduated in 2007 - we had 3 starting as Freshman (2 of them both ways) .. and about 4 on JV.. hope things are headed in that direction.. fun times... (for mom anyway :) )

44INAROW
07-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Little bitter are we? jeez...........

Aesculus gilmus
07-23-2013, 02:56 PM
And where & when would this battle occur with LE? Might be an opportunity to see a couple of old foes.

I just looked this up. According to the Celina ISD schedule, it's at Royse City on Sept. 20. Wish it were on our open date. I agree it'd be a good game to watch.

Rabid Cougar
07-23-2013, 03:29 PM
That is my point...past experience on this and other forums has pretty much shown that those fans who think they have a team who is going to kick a$$ and take names are the ones posting the most, and already talking about the upcoming season. This season we are not really seeing that from the Bobcats, Cougars, Panthers, Gobblers and a few others. Back in 2006 Giddings was all over this forum and they went all the way to the Semi Finals. Brownwood and Rocket in 2009. Cuero in 2010 had a lot of fan participation prior to the season and two a days. I am just saying that has seemed to be a pretty good measurement. Most of those teams all went at least to the Quarterfinals and some beyond.

I can honestly say I haven't a freaking clue. Its the youngest boys Sr. Year. We have no size, no speed, a new QB (not sure who that is), a new running back( not sure who that is either), "stud" (I use that term loosely) WR (also use that term loosely) moved to FW All Saints. No big move ins. All the defensive playmakers graduated. The JV pretty much sucked last year and this year's freshmen are all studs.

So I will then talk about how this senior class was undefeated in Jr High and beat Brownwood and Liberty Hill in the same season as freshmen.

Did I miss any of the obligatory topics? I even worked Brownwood AND Liberty Hill in. I was trying to figure out how to mention Stephenville and East Texas Speed but to no avail.

Rabid Cougar
07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Little bitter are we? jeez...........

Not really. My oldest son's China Spring team beat the dog snot out the Goblers in 2007 in the Semis to go to the State Championship game. More than made up for the Cameron game.

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Cuero will be more like the good Gob's than the Gob's of the past few years. Still need a QB though. Not sold that the Victoria transfer in (Fales) can handle it week after week. Good kid though. Any chance Hopkins becomes the signal caller? He'd be scary on the roll out.

44INAROW
07-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Cuero will be more like the good Gob's than the Gob's of the past few years. Still need a QB though. Not sold that the Victoria transfer in (Fales) can handle it week after week. Good kid though. Any chance Hopkins becomes the signal caller? He'd be scary on the roll out.

Hopkins is a good option player for sure.. I don't think calling Fales a Victoria transfer is fair.. he's been in Cuero schools for quite a few years.. will be fun to see how things pan out.. just nice to have excitement again.. Anxious for the updated facitlities to be completed.. We're hearing just a little bit behind due to rain (not complaining) :)

44INAROW
07-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Not really. My oldest son's China Spring team beat the dog snot out the Goblers in 2007 in the Semis to go to the State Championship game. More than made up for the Cameron game.

that's good - you're right - we lost bigtime - maybe one day your team will win the big one.. That's something to be proud of.. We've been so close so many times, and walked away defeated and it hurts to think about it. I have faith it will happen again..

Old Green
07-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Cuero will be more like the good Gob's than the Gob's of the past few years. Still need a QB though. Not sold that the Victoria transfer in (Fales) can handle it week after week. Good kid though. Any chance Hopkins becomes the signal caller? He'd be scary on the roll out.If Fales is from Nursery ISD, then he is not a transfer. Nursery ISD has a contract with them to take all their students from the 7Th thru 12th grades and it's been like that since the 90's. I watched Fales QB since Jr. High.

Old Green
07-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Hopkins is a good option player for sure.. I don't think calling Fales a Victoria transfer is fair.. he's been in Cuero schools for quite a few years.. will be fun to see how things pan out.. just nice to have excitement again.. Anxious for the updated facitlities to be completed.. We're hearing just a little bit behind due to rain (not complaining) :)The Freshman QB is very good. In the 8th grade, he was already 6' 1.

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Hopkins is a good option player for sure.. I don't think calling Fales a Victoria transfer is fair.. he's been in Cuero schools for quite a few years.. will be fun to see how things pan out.. just nice to have excitement again.. Anxious for the updated facitlities to be completed.. We're hearing just a little bit behind due to rain (not complaining) :)

It's fair, got the reasoning from his dad, when they came there when he was in JH. For the record, nothing wrong with that either. Would not want my kid playing in Victoria as well.

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
The Freshman QB is very good. In the 8th grade, he was already 6' 1.

Wow. Should Fales struggle, sounds like this might be a great option. Think I remember seeing him play too. How tall is he now?

Old Green
07-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow. Should Fales struggle, sounds like this might be a great option. Think I remember seeing him play too. How tall is he now?That's why I'm not saying much. Last year as eigth graders. there were 19 players on the A team and 29 on the B team. The A team was so much bigger, faster, and more athletic. They could score anywhere on the field passing or running. B team wasn't bad either.

44INAROW
07-23-2013, 04:26 PM
I think I am going to nominate Dog_e_styl as the best name of 2013 - hands down....... never really paid attention to it until today.. good stuff :clap:

YTBulldogs
07-23-2013, 04:51 PM
I think I am going to nominate Dog_e_styl as the best name of 2013 - hands down....... never really paid attention to it until today.. good stuff :clap:

He came to me asking how to join, cause we are trying to grow our chat nation over here. I told him, don't forget to tip the kitty. Is a creative name. I'm not typing the name though. LOL.

Old Green
07-23-2013, 04:56 PM
He came to me asking how to join, cause we are trying to grow our chat nation over here. I told him, don't forget to tip the kitty. Is a creative name. I'm not typing the name though. LOL.:wave:

bobcat1
07-23-2013, 06:03 PM

And then what happened?:D

LH Panther Mom
07-23-2013, 06:15 PM
LOL! I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :devil: :redxpoke::stirpot: How's that?

Celina8
07-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Nice to see some of the forum members come out and play. Regal, I agree that Celina has talent and Nathan has the ability to lead us to a very successful season. I don't see us knocking off Argyle for district this year as the Eagles seemed to be loaded. Ian Sandler (hope that is correct) is just one of many weapons the eagles have this year, but I really think the success of a High School football team is the offensive line and I think Argyle has a really good one this year. I am like the others Bobcat faithful. Win or lose I am a bobcat fan.

Rabid Cougar
07-23-2013, 07:46 PM
And then what happened?:D

Sickening..... still is.

slingshot
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Pretty quiet from Bulldog Nation this year too... very good team last year, graduated a ton. Very young and inexperienced team with a tough early season schedule will test us and tell what our weak spots are. By mid season/start of district we will be much better...

Cam
07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
LOL! I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :devil: :redxpoke::stirpot: How's that?

you're right...better not hold my breath...that dang panfan hardly comes on here anymore.....:D

LH P M....you pickin' a fight??......

bp80884
07-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I can honestly say I haven't a freaking clue. Its the youngest boys Sr. Year. We have no size, no speed, a new QB (not sure who that is), a new running back( not sure who that is either), "stud" (I use that term loosely) WR (also use that term loosely) moved to FW All Saints. No big move ins. All the defensive playmakers graduated. The JV pretty much sucked last year and this year's freshmen are all studs.

So I will then talk about how this senior class was undefeated in Jr High and beat Brownwood and Liberty Hill in the same season as freshmen.

Did I miss any of the obligatory topics? I even worked Brownwood AND Liberty Hill in. I was trying to figure out how to mention Stephenville and East Texas Speed but to no avail.

Well, I feel good about the China Spring team this year. I believe we will be in themix at the end of district.

My son moves into that vacated WR position which he is very excited about. RB will be up in the air but Johnson should still be starting QB. Coe is the other QB I believe and he was pretty strong at 7v7.

Either way,good god just say something positive. I've been looking forward to this season. And your boy should have a pretty good year as well, as long as we can all avoid injuries of course.

Rabid Cougar
07-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, I feel good about the China Spring team this year. I believe we will be in themix at the end of district.
Either way,good god just say something positive.

Bobby, have you heard of the Crying Towel Award given at the Rotary Kickoff Luncheon in Waco? That is how you win the Crying Towel! :)

buckeyebob
07-24-2013, 05:02 AM
I just looked this up. According to the Celina ISD schedule, it's at Royse City on Sept. 20. Wish it were on our open date. I agree it'd be a good game to watch.

Let me see...Buckeye Stadium with Dangerfield or a drive to Royce City...sorry guys...Dangerfield is too important...Homecoming in my new orange seat...sweet.

Celina8
07-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Celina plays a home game scrimmage on 8/16 against Wilmer-Hutchins. They do not play at home again until October 11 and then play their only other home game against Aubrey on 10/25. I really hate the schedule that was created for last season and this season. On a side note another team that I notice being very very quite are the Henderson Fans. Now I know they have had our number so maybe they do not need to do any talking, but with Coach Meeks no longer there I wonder if expectations are less than in the past two years.

Bosqueville
07-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow.. 2 home games? Your poor band boosters will go broke!

Bosqueville
07-24-2013, 03:01 PM

Why thank you sir. My son's on that freshmen team.

Rabid Cougar
07-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Why thank you sir. My son's on that freshmen team.

Your handle, your location and you overt alligience to Brownwood bely your true colors... welcome to the Columbia Blue.

bp80884
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Bobby, have you heard of the Crying Towel Award given at the Rotary Kickoff Luncheon in Waco? That is how you win the Crying Towel! :)

Well, it seems we have a difference in our perception. Not sure what the Crying Towel comment meant but I look for the positive in the future so hopefully n December you will be wrong.

buckeyebob
07-24-2013, 09:43 PM
that's good - you're right - we lost bigtime - maybe one day your team will win the big one.. That's something to be proud of.. We've been so close so many times, and walked away defeated and it hurts to think about it. I have faith it will happen again..

I will tell you one thing for sure...2009...Huntsvilles...the best high school football game I have ever seen...that is something to be proud of...great game is still discussed & is now part of GHS Lore.

buckeyebob
07-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Celina plays a home game scrimmage on 8/16 against Wilmer-Hutchins. They do not play at home again until October 11 and then play their only other home game against Aubrey on 10/25. I really hate the schedule that was created for last season and this season. On a side note another team that I notice being very very quite are the Henderson Fans. Now I know they have had our number so maybe they do not need to do any talking, but with Coach Meeks no longer there I wonder if expectations are less than in the past two years.

Please don't start rattling their cage...they start whining like a buch of BABY GIRLS...wa, wa...http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-044.gif

buckeyebob
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Celina plays a home game scrimmage on 8/16 against Wilmer-Hutchins. They do not play at home again until October 11 and then play their only other home game against Aubrey on 10/25. I really hate the schedule that was created for last season and this season. On a side note another team that I notice being very very quite are the Henderson Fans. Now I know they have had our number so maybe they do not need to do any talking, but with Coach Meeks no longer there I wonder if expectations are less than in the past two years. Hope for the best, expect the worst...you ought to have had to play'em in the same season...ugly.

Bosqueville
07-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Your handle, your location and you overt alligience to Brownwood bely your true colors... welcome to the Columbia Blue.

Yes, I need to get rid of the Bosqueville title that's for sure. My love for the Maroon and White will never die but I will be a baby blue supporter. I even have the CS on the back of the SUV!

Rabid Cougar
07-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Well, it seems we have a difference in our perception. Not sure what the Crying Towel comment meant but I look for the positive in the future so hopefully n December you will be wrong.

"Crying Towel Award. Coaches take to the podium to try and convince a panel of judges that they will have the hardest coaching job this season and will need the towel to shed some tears"

Off. Returning starters 2 OL and 1 WR. 99% of last years stats are gone. Def. Returning starters 3 DL, 1 LB and 2 DBs. There is not a whole lot of help coming off JV. This years Sophomore and Freshman classes are outstanding with some very real talent. Lorena hung 53 points on us last year and player that did the most damage is the returning QB.

My perception is that the coaching staff has it's biggest challenge that they have had in several years. I have my usual confidence in the coaching staff will get the very most out of the tools that they have to work with. I sincerely hope that I am very surprised.

What perception do you have?

bd62
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM

Hopkins will play about 50 percent running back and full
Time safety. He is one hell of a defensive playerThey have a freshman that
Will give him some breaks on offense like Horton did last year
He had a history of injuries and they have to be carefull
On overuse him. Fales is about 6-2 and probably will be QB. The freshman
Will see some action on defense and probably some plays
Design for him on offense . He got the athletic ability similar
To Heights at Yoakum. But it will take a couple of yrs to even
Be close to Heights caliber.

bd62
07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
I will tell you one thing for sure...2009...Huntsvilles...the best high school football game I have ever seen...that is something to be proud of...great game is still discussed & is now part of GHS Lore.

You are so right about that game. that was a fun game to watch and the fans on both teams
were just great in there support of there teams. I thought Cuero had the game
Won but Gilmer made a great goal line stand with about 30 seconds left
It feel like a State Championship game and Gilmer easily won state the
Next week.

YTBulldogs
07-27-2013, 11:59 AM
You are so right about that game. that was a fun game to watch and the fans on both teams
were just great in there support of there teams. I thought Cuero had the game
Won but Gilmer made a great goal line stand with about 30 seconds left
It feel like a State Championship game and Gilmer easily won state the
Next week.
As a outsider who watched and this game. Cuero had the better team IMO, and Gilmer had the best athlete by far in Stump Godfrey. He sustained key drives by escaping 3rd and long's, avoiding what looked to be a sack coming, only to scramble for the 1st down, keeping drives alive. One of the best QB's I ever seen play. Freaking cold that night too.

Eagle1
07-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Hope Cuero has a good season I have always admired their proud program. I am hoping with the split of 3a next year many storied and proud programs like Cuero, Vernon, Sweetwater, Gainesville, and even not so storied my old Hillsboro Eagles can have more gridiron success. I travel the state a lot and Cuero has some passionate followers of their program.

maestro
07-27-2013, 03:41 PM
:wave:Sometimes it pays to do that. We've got a group of freshman, if they all stick with will be real good.

Must have been something in the water 14-15 years ago

I've seen sealy, Columbus, Bellville 8th grade classes. They are talented and will knock your socks off!!!

Wharton's numbers in 8th grade are small but they did not back down vs these three schools.

bp80884
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
"Crying Towel Award. Coaches take to the podium to try and convince a panel of judges that they will have the hardest coaching job this season and will need the towel to shed some tears"

Off. Returning starters 2 OL and 1 WR. 99% of last years stats are gone. Def. Returning starters 3 DL, 1 LB and 2 DBs. There is not a whole lot of help coming off JV. This years Sophomore and Freshman classes are outstanding with some very real talent. Lorena hung 53 points on us last year and player that did the most damage is the returning QB.

My perception is that the coaching staff has it's biggest challenge that they have had in several years. I have my usual confidence in the coaching staff will get the very most out of the tools that they have to work with. I sincerely hope that I am very surprised.

What perception do you have?

That we will have a good year and do some good things.

bd62
07-28-2013, 12:44 AM
Hope Cuero has a good season I have always admired their proud program. I am hoping with the split of 3a next year many storied and proud programs like Cuero, Vernon, Sweetwater, Gainesville, and even not so storied my old Hillsboro Eagles can have more gridiron success. I travel the state a lot and Cuero has some passionate followers of their program.

I agree with you 100 percent . 3A has had the highest ratio
Of school enrollment for many yrs. A 450 attendance school
Playing a 1000 Attemdance school is Major injustice because of
Much bigger talent pool and big depth difference. Uil also
Made sure there were 200 plus 5a and 4a teams .
And that why 3A had to have that big spread to get at least
180 teams for 32 dists. I have allways enjoyed watching 3A
Due to the great support from towns with population of
4000 to 7000 which is where most 3A teams are from.
When they go 6A that will make every division closer on the
Ratio and 3A schools will be a more competive division even
If you are the lower end of 3A. Long Overdue.

bd62
07-28-2013, 01:16 AM
As a outsider who watched and this game. Cuero had the better team IMO, and Gilmer had the best athlete by far in Stump Godfrey. He sustained key drives by escaping 3rd and long's, avoiding what looked to be a sack coming, only to scramble for the 1st down, keeping drives alive. One of the best QB's I ever seen play. Freaking cold that night too.

Stump was a great QB. Gilmer had to adjust there offense due to
The defense Alignment Cuero had with there secondary. Stump has been able to
Hurt teams with his passing game. When Cuero took that away he used his running
Ability which he had not had to use before that game. If I remember right he had close to
300 yds rushing and before that game he had to only rush between 600 to 700 yds. But had over 3000
Yds passing. Trent Jackson was only a soph for Cuero and had close to 300 yds rushing.about
200 yds first half and Gilmer made a good defensive adjustment
To at least slow him down. Trent jr yr he had over 1000 yds rushing in the first
4 games and first carry in Dist went 80 yds for TD. Then on 2 carry he had that terrible injury
He was the best running back I had every seen play in HS since Robert Strait of Cuero
And Dickerson of Sealy.

buckeyebob
07-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I hate to do this to the Cuero guys but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related ...oh, he is a passer and can't run worth a flip.

bd62
07-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I hate to do this to the Cuero guys but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyqUGFkS2lI&feature=related ...oh, he is a passer and can't run worth a flip.

Did not say he could not run worth a flip. That's your words. I said he
Did not have to use his running ability in previous games due his passing game.
I was going by his running stats before that game. They choose to
Use the passing game more but no doubt he has a great runner also
And the best all around QB I saw that yr.

Ernest T Bass
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
It's China SPRING, damnit! Not SpringS. There's only one.
I'm not from there, but it's annoying to see.
Carry on.

Cam
07-28-2013, 11:06 PM
It's China SPRING, damnit! Not SpringS. There's only one.
I'm not from there, but it's annoying to see.
Carry on.

kinda like when folks spell Burnet with TWO T's!.....I get anxiety attacks when I see that!......not only that, folks don't pronounce Burnet correctly.....

It's Burn-it durn it learn it!......

bp80884
07-29-2013, 04:07 AM
[QUOTE=Rabid Cougar;1750847]

..."I have my usual confidence in the coaching staff will get the very most out of the tools that they have to work with. I sincerely hope that I am surprised

I have debated since I read this if I was going to send this response! But it's 4 am and here goes....

Can you clarify this statement because the last time I saw you have confidence with a China Spring coach, you did not have much faith in them that they had a clue about how to manage a baseball game, let alone all the different thing that go on during a football game..

You say we don't have a have size (which we never do), then we have a WR move out but we have a very capable person ready to step in (my son who was All District in 2 positions last year and WR was one of them) we have a very capable Jr that is taling the inside receiver and not to mention had a lot of great 2nd teamers that will get the chance to step up.

I'm not goig to sit here and pretend we have been"buddy's" for the last 10 plus yeas, but I feel like you took a cheap shot at my son in that last posting and to this day I have not/will not take a shot at your boy.

Finally, some of the piss poor comments made on this site would make me not certain people not want to associate with those who represent the same towns, such as you and I in China Spring!

In December we will be focused on the life lessons they have learned in leadership, team work and discipline (and less about wins and losses). Each team starts out to win the SC but we know only a hand full will get that opportunity. Either way, there are more important lessons to be learned. The most impressive thing Ill need all year is on parents night hearing our boys have a college plan and for most it will not include sports.

So, this is not an attack at you Jeff but you did strike a real nerve with me cause kids attitudes reflect their parents and leader. If you have never heard this quote, here you go:

"Whether you can or you can't you are right".
Henry Ford

buckeyebob
07-29-2013, 06:51 AM
Did not say he could not run worth a flip. That's your words. I said he
Did not have to use his running ability in previous games due his passing game.
I was going by his running stats before that game. They choose to
Use the passing game more but no doubt he has a great runner also
And the best all around QB I saw that yr.

Was not directed @ ya...Stump was not a runner...he could read the D...was a heck of a passer...lore has it that another play was called...Stump told Traylor to give him the ball...he had a SC to win...so he ran.

Eagle1
07-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Stump was a great QB. Gilmer had to adjust there offense due to
The defense Alignment Cuero had with there secondary. Stump has been able to
Hurt teams with his passing game. When Cuero took that away he used his running
Ability which he had not had to use before that game. If I remember right he had close to
300 yds rushing and before that game he had to only rush between 600 to 700 yds. But had over 3000
Yds passing. Trent Jackson was only a soph for Cuero and had close to 300 yds rushing.about
200 yds first half and Gilmer made a good defensive adjustment
To at least slow him down. Trent jr yr he had over 1000 yds rushing in the first
4 games and first carry in Dist went 80 yds for TD. Then on 2 carry he had that terrible injury
He was the best running back I had every seen play in HS since Robert Strait of Cuero
And Dickerson of Sealy.

Heard Jackson had gotten in a little trouble hope he gets things in order he was a real talent. Will Cuero ever have a player like him or strait come thru again?

YTBulldogs
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Heard Jackson had gotten in a little trouble hope he gets things in order he was a real talent. Will Cuero ever have a player like him or strait come thru again?

I'm sure they will. And yes, down right shame in regards to TJ.

bd62
07-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm sure they will. And yes, down right shame in regards to TJ.

When Strait was a soph at the Regional Track meet
He won the shot put, High Jump , and anchor the
400 relay. I saw all 3 events and could mot believe what i
Was seeing . He was 6-2 and 210 and a unbelievable athlete.My daughter was a Sr. at Yoakum and her 400 relay team won and she got
To run at state that yr. Those was fun times. It was worth the ticket to
Watch Robert S those yrs. He also had great talent around him
State finals 3 yrs in a row and won it all in 1987.
One of the funny things I ever seen was Cuero was playing
Yoakum and Robert broke a run and the only person between him
And goal line was a 130 lb safety who was a good friend of Robert
The kid was fixing to crumble and Robert just went around him instead
Of crushing him like he had done others many times.
USC wanted him so bad they fly down Several of there great former
Running backs and head Coach to Cuero to try and get him to USC
Would have fit in that offense great. But big city that far from
His family and friends kept him closer to home at Baylor.

YTBulldogs
07-29-2013, 09:23 PM
When Strait was a soph at the Regional Track meet
He won the shot put, High Jump , and anchor the
400 relay. I saw all 3 events and could mot believe what i
Was seeing . He was 6-2 and 210 and a unbelievable athlete.My daughter was a Sr. at Yoakum and her 400 relay team won and she got
To run at state that yr. Those was fun times. It was worth the ticket to
Watch Robert S those yrs. He also had great talent around him
State finals 3 yrs in a row and won it all in 1987.
One of the funny things I ever seen was Cuero was playing
Yoakum and Robert broke a run and the only person between him
And goal line was a 130 lb safety who was a good friend of Robert
The kid was fixing to crumble and Robert just went around him instead
Of crushing him like he had done others many times.
USC wanted him so bad they fly down Several of there great former
Running backs and head Coach to Cuero to try and get him to USC
Would have fit in that offense great. But big city that far from
His family and friends kept him closer to home at Baylor.
Baylor didn't save him either did it? Another sad story/outcome. Best RB I ever seen run.

bd62
07-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Baylor didn't save him either did it? Another sad story/outcome. Best RB I ever seen run.

Yes YT very sad and a shame but it happens to a lot
Of kids with great talent. I wish things would have worked
Out better with Trent but a injury in 5 game his Jr yr ended yr but
He was fully recovered for Sr yr when he made some bad choices
That ended his HS career.
I know you referee games when he was playing and you probably
Saw some runs that were just remarkable. 380 yds
Against Port Lavaca was his last full game. They were a good
Ball club but had made comments the week before
Game about how they would shut him down and other
Disrespectfull comments so he was on a mission that game.

YTBulldogs
07-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes YT very sad and a shame but it happens to a lot
Of kids with great talent. I wish things would have worked
Out better with Trent but you have to live with your choices in life.
I know you referee games when he was playing and you probably
Saw some runs that were just remarkable. 380 yds
Against Port Lavaca was his last full game. They were a good

Ball club but had made comments the week before
Game about how they would shut him down and other
Disrespectfull comments so he was on a mission that game.

In a monsoon too. Amazing feat.

panfan
07-30-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm sure that in the next few weeks, you'll hear more from LH people than you'd like. :D ;) I'm waiting until the intersquad to pipe up, since I no longer have an inside track (aka my kids have all graduated) to find out how summer S&C has gone, etc.

OK - Tired of Cam calling me out at every turn and running my good name through the wringer. LH will befine this year. In fact, I expect that we will be much better than last year. We had some leadership issue last season, Player wise - some kids that were all about themselves. It showed in several games and was prominent by the end of the season. Now some of ya'll will be coming on here saying it aint' fair to say things like that - but the truth is the truth. I think the leadership will return in the form of a junior heavy team, with some solid seniors in the mix. We'll see a new QB this year - solid kid - solid leader, and tough. Since we don't pass much, it is irrelevant that he is not a huge kid - he is a three sport athlete - quick, smart, and runs the offense extremely well. Doesn't hurt that his Dad was a college Qb as well.

Our JV won almost all if not all of their games last year. Many of those guys will have a slot on varisty this year. Defensively, we will be solid. Moving a beast of a kid to the middle of the line (6'3", 250) and strong as an ox. He'll be paired with a one of our senior power lifters who went on to state this year - both of them are brick walls. The middle will be handled by a soph lineback and junior. They moved my boy from defensive end to middle linebacker to replace Dudgeon. Both of them will take your head off, no doubt. Corners will be shored up with some speed we didn't have last year, and we'll have a senior FS who had several interception last year. Defense will be solid. Lost a lot of linemen last year on offense, but the juniors this year that were on JV last year were all big and strong and will fill the roles nicely. There is much depth at the skill slots in the back field with arguably as much speed as we had last year if not more across that depth.

CAM - this is for you - last year was a a fluke - we will not underestimate Burnet again this year and will beat the ever livin snot out of ya'll. :taunt:

The only team we will struggle with this year will be Brownwood - they were as solid as they come. Gatesville, lost a bunch of its talent. Burnet - well again, happened last year - won't happen again this year.

maestro
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
OK - Tired of Cam calling me out at every turn and running my good name through the wringer. LH will befine this year. In fact, I expect that we will be much better than last year. We had some leadership issue last season, Player wise - some kids that were all about themselves. It showed in several games and was prominent by the end of the season. Now some of ya'll will be coming on here saying it aint' fair to say things like that - but the truth is the truth. I think the leadership will return in the form of a junior heavy team, with some solid seniors in the mix. We'll see a new QB this year - solid kid - solid leader, and tough. Since we don't pass much, it is irrelevant that he is not a huge kid - he is a three sport athlete - quick, smart, and runs the offense extremely well. Doesn't hurt that his Dad was a college Qb as well.

Our JV won almost all if not all of their games last year. Many of those guys will have a slot on varisty this year. Defensively, we will be solid. Moving a beast of a kid to the middle of the line (6'3", 250) and strong as an ox. He'll be paired with a one of our senior power lifters who went on to state this year - both of them are brick walls. The middle will be handled by a soph lineback and junior. They moved my boy from defensive end to middle linebacker to replace Dudgeon. Both of them will take your head off, no doubt. Corners will be shored up with some speed we didn't have last year, and we'll have a senior FS who had several interception last year. Defense will be solid. Lost a lot of linemen last year on offense, but the juniors this year that were on JV last year were all big and strong and will fill the roles nicely. There is much depth at the skill slots in the back field with arguably as much speed as we had last year if not more across that depth.

CAM - this is for you - last year was a a fluke - we will not underestimate Burnet again this year and will beat the ever livin snot out of ya'll. :taunt:

The only team we will struggle with this year will be Brownwood - they were as solid as they come. Gatesville, lost a bunch of its talent. Burnet - well again, happened last year - won't happen again this year.

I LOVE IT !!!

Now that's a DOWNLOW H.S. FOOTBALL in TEXAS post!!!!!

panfan
07-30-2013, 11:47 AM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/mooning/group-mooning.gif and this is just for you CAM! :spitlol:

Cam
07-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Does this mean you're mad at me??.....:bigcry:

panfan
07-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Does this mean you're mad at me??.....:bigcry:

what gave you that impression. :confused::confused:

Cam
07-30-2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/mooning/group-mooning.gif and this is just for you CAM! :spitlol:

Please....no more bendin' over images!.....I've done enough of that lately.....

Turin
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Please....no more bendin' over images!.....I've done enough of that lately.....

Keep practicing. It will make it all go a lot easier for you on October 25th.

Cam
07-30-2013, 12:12 PM

Now this....is a good post....not all true by any measure...but a good post nevertheless!!.....Finally, someone speakin' out with some passion about their team.....you can tell football season is almost here......

Cam
07-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Keep practicing. It will make it all go a lot easier for you on October 25th.

and Turin hits his milestone 3rd post!!!......

panfan
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Now this....is a good post....not all true by any measure...but a good post nevertheless!!.....Finally, someone speakin' out with some passion about their team.....you can tell football season is almost here......

Ohhh its all true baby! Burnet will not know what hit them. Will have purple and gold stripes uptheir bulldog backsides.

panfan
07-30-2013, 12:22 PM

Oh and BTW - I'm calling you and G-dawg out this year - time to meet face to face and tell lies. Burgers and beer somewhere in a mutually agreeable location - and no I'm not buyin!. Or ya'll could come to our All sports booster thing this friday and buy some BBQ and help us with your money, to make sure we have some comfy visitor side, splinter causing 2x12s laid down for ya'll.

Cam
07-30-2013, 12:26 PM
what gave you that impression. :confused::confused:

I just got the feeling you were typing very angrily.......

panfan
07-30-2013, 12:32 PM
I just got the feeling you were typing very angrily.......

Nope

Cam
07-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Ohhh its all true baby! Burnet will not know what hit them. Will have purple and gold stripes uptheir bulldog backsides.

First off, don't call me "baby"!....it's makes me uncomfortable:thmbdwn:.......I think it's the other way around panfan....LH won't know what hit em'.....This team is shaping up pretty darn good and led by the best QB in the district not to mention the area.....LH will be aerially assaulted like never before by Burnet...I actually like this years receiver corp better than last years!......and they'll throw in some nice runnin' plays just for good measure by a few very capable backs......this is a hungry bunch who are eager to skin some cats!...... :stirpot:

panfan
07-30-2013, 01:44 PM
First off, don't call me "baby"!....it's makes me uncomfortable:thmbdwn:.......I think it's the other way around panfan....LH won't know what hit em'.....This team is shaping up pretty darn good and led by the best QB in the district not to mention the area.....LH will be aerially assaulted like never before by Burnet...I actually like this years receiver corp better than last years!......and they'll throw in some nice runnin' plays just for good measure by a few very capable backs......this is a hungry bunch who are eager to skin some cats!...... :stirpot:

Now who is typing mad? Hmmm. Thought only thing that made you uncomfortable was the proctologist.

Cam
07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Now who is typing mad? Hmmm. Thought only thing that made you uncomfortable was the proctologist.

Look!.....when you're tryin' to pass a rock like I am....that's makes for some tense moments....stressful too!.....Right now, I'm lookin' to pick a fight......so don't push me!....you don't want an angry Cam....just a happy one!.....:D

By the way, I have no idea where G-Dawg is.....I think he was shipped off to Siberia.........

BEAST
07-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Look!.....when you're tryin' to pass a rock like I am....that's makes for some tense moments....stressful too!.....Right now, I'm lookin' to pick a fight......so don't push me!....you don't want an angry Cam....just a happy one!.....:D

By the way, I have no idea where G-Dawg is.....I think he was shipped off to Siberia.........

PanFan and Cam, yall are having a war of words over who is going to finish 2nd and 3rd. WOW!!

BEAST

Cam
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM
PanFan and Cam, yall are having a war of words over who is going to finish 2nd and 3rd. WOW!!

BEAST

Beast.....don't always believe what you hear or read....especially bout BW!!!........:stirpot:.....so, what makes you think BW wins the district??....Let's hear it!!

panfan
07-30-2013, 02:52 PM

BEAST. Not hardly, the wood will be tough, but not unbeatable. LH looking for some redemption from last year. We still had a better record than BW
And burnet last year, just blew it in district. BW vs. LH will be a brawl.

BEAST
07-30-2013, 03:17 PM
To reply to Cam and Panfans comments, why do I think Brownwood will win the district? Simple, we are Brownwood. HAHA!
Seriously, since Coach Howard has been in Brownwood we have stopped the Slot T of LH cold in its tracks. Once you understand how to stop it, it puts a ton of pressure on LH to do what they dont like to do. As far as beating Burnet, Im pretty sure that one is in our house, tough place to win against us.

Ill say this about Brownwood, I think we will start the season "slow". We will be young in some key areas for sure. However, those young bucks are very talented. By district I think we will be rolling.

BEAST

Cam
07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
. Not hardly, the wood will be tough, but not unbeatable. LH looking for some redemption from last year. We still had a better record than BW
And burnet last year, just blew it in district. BW vs. LH will be a brawl.

District is all that counts brotha.....

panfan
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
To reply to Cam and Panfans comments, why do I think Brownwood will win the district? Simple, we are Brownwood. HAHA!
Seriously, since Coach Howard has been in Brownwood we have stopped the Slot T of LH cold in its tracks. Once you understand how to stop it, it puts a ton of pressure on LH to do what they dont like to do. As far as beating Burnet, Im pretty sure that one is in our house, tough place to win against us.

Ill say this about Brownwood, I think we will start the season "slow". We will be young in some key areas for sure. However, those young bucks are very talented. By district I think we will be rolling.

BEAST

Ya'll stopped us last year, not so sure that will be the case this season. We'll just have to wait and see now won't we!

panfan
07-30-2013, 03:43 PM
District is all that counts brotha.....

I am uncomfortable being called "brotha" :taunt:
Yep - district is all that counts. So it will be good for us when we take it to ya'll during district this year. LH isn't on anybody's radar. On S2S all they talked about in district 8 was BW and Burnet. That's OK. Momentun is building here already. Be afraid, be very afraid. :stirpot:

Cam
07-30-2013, 03:56 PM
I am uncomfortable being called "brotha" :taunt:
Yep - district is all that counts. So it will be good for us when we take it to ya'll during district this year. LH isn't on anybody's radar. On S2S all they talked about in district 8 was BW and Burnet. That's OK. Momentun is building here already. Be afraid, be very afraid. :stirpot:

I thought all they talked about was BW...nobody ever pays attention to Burnet......LH gets all the attention cause they're still riding the 06/07 coat tails!....But yes, I am afraid...so much so I just passed a kidney stone!......Not really, damn rock is still stuck!!....Brotha!!:taunt:

BwdLion73
07-30-2013, 04:23 PM
:devil::eek:

panfan
07-30-2013, 04:36 PM
:devil::eek:

So that's all you got, some happy faces? Beast talk to Lion there and tell him to bring somethin! Happy faces, geez. :rolleyes:

panfan
07-30-2013, 04:42 PM
I thought all they talked about was BW...nobody ever pays attention to Burnet......LH gets all the attention cause they're still riding the 06/07 coat tails!....But yes, I am afraid...so much so I just passed a kidney stone!......Not really, damn rock is still stuck!!....Brotha!!:taunt:

Sounds like you are stuck between a rock and hard place. :eek: sorry to hear about the stone(s), no fun.

BwdLion73
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
So that's all you got, some happy faces? Beast talk to Lion there and tell him to bring somethin! Happy faces, geez. :rolleyes:

You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:)

...sorry it's been a long off season...had to do it...:cheerl:

panfan
07-30-2013, 06:35 PM
You have no idea what is coming...we will destroy you...we have too many weapons...:)

...sorry it's been a long off season...had to do it...:cheerl:

That's more like it, now don't you feel better.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2013, 06:53 PM
At least we have coat tails... ;)

bobcat1
07-30-2013, 10:13 PM

:2thumbsup Tails being plural.

Cam
07-31-2013, 10:02 AM

True....a little frayed and out of style...but true......:taunt:

Cam
07-31-2013, 10:04 AM

I was just wonderin'.....has a lion ever mated with a panther?......if so, who was "on top"??.....:eek:

panfan
07-31-2013, 03:08 PM
True....a little frayed and out of style...but true......:taunt:

Better frayed and out of style then none at all. :D:D

panfan
07-31-2013, 03:11 PM
I was just wonderin'.....has a lion ever mated with a panther?......if so, who was "on top"??.....:eek:

Get your mind out of the gutter -

Cam
07-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Better frayed and out of style then none at all. :D:D

:foul:

slingshot
07-31-2013, 10:57 PM

...sorry it's been a long off season...had to do it...:cheerl:I miss Rocket at times like these... :ack!:

LHPfactory
08-03-2013, 02:20 AM

BEAST
Poker face and no comment

bobcat1
08-03-2013, 07:29 AM
I miss Rocket at times like these... :ack!:

He's just waiting until the Loins are World Beaters again. He don't like crow. As a matter of fact he's still farting black feathers from 2010.:wave:

LHPfactory
08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
He's just waiting until the Loins are World Beaters again. He don't like crow. As a matter of fact he's still farting black feathers from 2010.:wave:

Was Brownwood good back in 2010? ....... :)

bobcat1
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Was Brownwood good back in 2010? ....... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2t21IMMSbU

charlesrixey
08-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Don't worry-we are still here......Bobcats fans are anxious to see what happens next. There's been a different feel ever since the beginning of the 08 season

Celina8
08-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Drove down to the stadium this morning and caught just a short few minutes of some tackling drills for the team. First time to see them workout as I have been gone from Celina for the past 10 days. Heard some pretty loud popping on a few tackles. Coaches were pretty involved jumping up and down clapping their hands when a good play was made. The kids seemed pretty enthused. I was a little surprised as we don't look to have the size that we have had in past years. That is not necessarily bad just an observation. Keep in mind I am not sure if I saw the entire team as this is the only practice that I have attended and I only stayed for about 10 minutes.

orange machine
08-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Drove down to the stadium this morning and caught just a short few minutes of some tackling drills for the team. First time to see them workout as I have been gone from Celina for the past 10 days. Heard some pretty loud popping on a few tackles. Coaches were pretty involved jumping up and down clapping their hands when a good play was made. The kids seemed pretty enthused. I was a little surprised as we don't look to have the size that we have had in past years. That is not necessarily bad just an observation. Keep in mind I am not sure if I saw the entire team as this is the only practice that I have attended and I only stayed for about 10 minutes.

I was there also, as for size Celina doesn't have any monstrous size guys, but overall they look to me like they have a lot of big kids. I didn't know what to expect and still don't, but im optimistic in what I saw today.

bobcat1
08-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I was there also, as for size Celina doesn't have any monstrous size guys, but overall they look to me like they have a lot of big kids. I didn't know what to expect and still don't, but im optimistic in what I saw today.This is what I should have done today dangit!

marler1972
08-10-2013, 06:54 PM
I was there also, as for size Celina doesn't have any monstrous size guys, but overall they look to me like they have a lot of big kids. I didn't know what to expect and still don't, but im optimistic in what I saw today.

agreed

wimbo_pro
08-10-2013, 08:42 PM

Hey LHPM!! Good to see you yet agan.