PDA

View Full Version : D26 2013 Standings

Dog_e_styl
07-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Seen the Dog's are picked out of top 3 in a couple magazines. Had to join 3ADL, and toot their horn for the upcoming season. All baring injury of course. Smallest school in district and can't sustain them injury's like last year, and have the season I think they are very capable of having.

One of the best athletes in the state will become very well known soon. As a soph, Tre' Hights played in the final games, after being hurt in the Bellville scrimmage. Team's were not able to contain him. He's bigger, faster, stronger heading into junior year. He'll play multiple positions on offense, and create havoc to DC's. Returning senior QB with a deep WR corp, with solid RB's to create balance. So, several weapons surround Tre'. This team will go as far as the OL leads them. And, based on summer workouts, it could be the strong point, when some thought it would be an issue. Like last year, not sure there will be a faster team in district. They proved they belong and can contend last season when doubted, now---they are hungry for going further in the playoffs. D unit will be relentless, and that speed will create issue's for opponents. Best Yoakum team I've seen.

Coach Kornegay and staff has them speaking of a winning tradition program. And, it has to begin before it can be remembered in history. More than self. Have those to follow wanted it even worse. They are motivated, and finally understand what it takes to achieve goals. Bulldogs are determined to gain the respect of it's peers when the teams take to the field come Friday nights this fall.

1. Yoakum
2. Giddings
3. LaGrange
4. Cuero
5. Gonzales
6. Smithville

YTBulldogs
07-20-2013, 12:05 PM
:iagree:

Great name and welcome. LOL.

bd62
07-20-2013, 04:45 PM
I think you are right about Yoakum having the best athletics since they had in yrs and the Height kid is the best I seen in Yoakum since Davis Sorrell in late 70's when they went to semi finals.
I think 263a will be like last yr. Any team can beat you on any given nite.
Last yr the bottom 3 picked by TF made playoffs and top 3 stayed home.
I never seen that happen. I think you got Giddings picked too high and Gonzales too low
I know a coach at Giddings and he said they are totally rebuilding but as usual they do have speed
Cuero has a very young team with several very good athletics and 2 are freshmen . But they have to totally rebuild the OL
The 2 best Athletics in Dist are Hopkins of Cuero at running back who is also a great safety and Heights from Yoakum
After last I think it's hard to pick this dist. Every town has great fan base and if a team get on a roll and avoids injury any of the 6 could make playoffs and about 3 are capable of winning dist .

bd62
07-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I add that the 2 best players in dist. Both were injuried before dist and did not play untill dist started. Yoakum has a killer scrimmage schedule with Bellville and Refugio and also a tough non dist schedule as does Cuero. I would not over use these 2 guys because they are too valuable in dist. In talking to Cuero coaches they have that plan with Hopkins and I would think Yoakum coaches has same thinking with Heights.

Dog_e_styl
07-20-2013, 06:10 PM
I seen the GZ QB prospects during 7 on 7 league play, and they are like Cuero, prior to Blake Reeve returning, very weak there. Might take more than a year to get that down. GZ will have a solid OL, so---if the QB can just hand off that could bump them from 5th to 4th and sneak a playoff spot IMO. Zero passing threat though. Not sure you make the playoff's in D26 one dimensional like in years past.

Dog_e_styl
07-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Also notice Yoakum has a chance to do something it's never done before, beat Cuero 3 straight years. GZ has owned us of late however. Time to return a few favors. :wave:

YTBulldogs
07-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey bd62, so glad you got your account lined out and rejoined us here on the Downlow once again. Hope your feeling better health wise? Thoughts and prayers sent your way bud. Curious to see how your QB does this year over there. His time has arrived to lead Cuero it appears. Good luck to him. Known him from the CYFL day's when he played in Victoria, before transferring to Cuero and take his chances at the helm there.

And I agree, Cuero and Yoakum will have the 2 best weapons to place on the field out of this district. Both juniors. Hights is just amazing what he can do. Best little secret in the state I say. No one had him on there "watch list's". Few more months, then---secrets out of the bag.:eek:

Saggy Aggie
07-20-2013, 07:11 PM
LOL, nice name

Pudlugger
07-20-2013, 08:21 PM
It is really too early to make bold predictions especially in D26 with so much parity. The Leps will be as good or better than last year.

Offense: The O line is solid with 4 starters returning including D1 prospect Ledwik(who proudly wears my son's old number70). The offense will return both running backs #3 Filmore and #5 Hutchison both All District selections in 2012. The loss of Vinklarek to graduation will be some big shoes to fill. #12 Davis will step up and give the Lep offense a new look as he is going to be a big threat in the running game out of the pocket rather than the big drop back passer that characterized the Lep offense in the Vinklarek era. With 3 in the backfield with true 4.6 speed the Leps running game will be very formidable. The air attack should be a threat as well as Davis has a very strong arm and is dangerous out of the pocket as well. WR #9 Tezeno will be the prime target with his ability to get open and sure hands catching anything within his reach. After suffering a torn ACL in the Giddings game last season 6' 5" Trey Supak underwent a very rigorous rehabilitation post surgery to propel the Leps to a State Championship behind his pitching in baseball this year and if he decides to return to the gridiron will pose a real threat to defensive backs with his athleticism. He makes a big target over the middle and has excellent blocking skills.

Defense: the D line returns #14 Wes Scott and # 63 Schindler who plays both ways. Lb #33 Marburger and #21 Mueller will provide senior leadership with new talent stepping up to fill the ranks. The secondary will be strong with several starters returning #20 Beseda, #5 Hutchison and #10 Ryan Scott. I suspect our defensive co-ordinator will pull a few rabbits out of his hat and build a strong defense around these seniors with all the talent coming up from last year's strong jv and frosh teams.

D26 will be a free for all with the last man standing winning district. I will predict that no team goes undefeated in district with 2 or 3 way ties at 3-2 very likely.

bd62
07-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Tks YT Bulldogs. I feeling great and looking forward to
Football season. Are you going back to referee games this yr after your son
Graduated. I am planning on going to some Yoakum games when Cuero is out of town
Cuero plays in Wharton first game and I will watch yaw play Columbus in Yoakum. .
Dustin graduated but I have another GS starting 7 grade at Cuero .
I agree with Pudlugger on his comments about Lagrange and this Dist.

bd62
07-21-2013, 01:12 AM
On a lighter side I saw Coach K at a softball game a couple of weeks ago
And he said since Dustin graduated come by and he get me a new Yoakum Bulldog Cap
I told him I had about 20 YB caps in a box after timing the Tom Tom relays for about 25 yrs.
And jokingly I said if Travis Reeve saw me with a YB cap on my 7 grade GS would be on bench rest
Of yr. It's a great rivalry but there is great respect between the Coaches and most of the fans
At both towns. I seen every Yoakum -Cuero game since 1971 when we moved from Victoria to 14 miles from Yoakum where our 4 kids
Went to school and 17 miles from Cuero where I have 4
GS in sports. It was very tough at first when my oldest
GS played for Cuero after yrs of being a big supporter
Of Yoakum Sports but I learned that the kids in athletics
At both schools are just great kids and most of the fans are
Also but like any town there are jerks that don't understand
These are 15 to 18 yrs old and need support not yell at from
The stands by name. I know in Cuero they had to start a
Policy in 2011 that you could be removed from stands
And could not come to a game for one yr if you got caught doing that
It was really bad that yr and I sure that helped the situation.
Due to my health my wife and I watched the home
Games from our car by the scoreboard.
I heard the new policy open some eyes and made a difference thank goodness

YTBulldogs
07-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Tks YT Bulldogs. I feeling great and looking forward to
Football season. Are you going back to referee games this yr after your son
Graduated. I am planning on going to some Yoakum games when Cuero is out of town
Cuero plays in Wharton first game and I will watch yaw play Columbus in Yoakum. .
Dustin graduated but I have another GS starting 7 grade at Cuero .
I agree with Pudlugger on his comments about Lagrange and this Dist.

Yes bd, I'm donning the stripes after being away for 2 years. Best 2 years of my life and I will truly miss watching the Dog's. But, love officiating.

Dog_e_styl
07-21-2013, 03:09 PM
LOL, nice name

:thumbsup:

Dog_e_styl
07-21-2013, 03:27 PM
D26 will be a free for all with the last man standing winning district. I will predict that no team goes undefeated in district with 2 or 3 way ties at 3-2 very likely.

We'll have to avoid the injury's. Really hampered us last year (we lost 2 key starters for the season from concussions alone. One would be a senior OL this season, but--hung it up from repeated head trauma issues).

Yes, it will be a dog fight finish. I'll take the only DOG in the fight. There will be a 5-0 finisher in district.

Losing Keith Ratley will be hard to replace out wide. But, we are deep at WR. Not to Rat's quality IMO. But, who is? Watching them play 7 on 7, they tend to drop too many passes they should secure. That has to be addressed. Would be nice to have a couple reliable hands, that our 6'3" tandem QB's (Chase Hermes and Tre' Hights) can rely on. I think Blakeney might end up being our best handed receiver. Just gotta catch what we touch every time.

hookandladder
07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
It is really too early to make bold predictions especially in D26 with so much parity. The Leps will be as good or better than last year.

Offense: The O line is solid with 4 starters returning including D1 prospect Ledwik(who proudly wears my son's old number70). The offense will return both running backs #3 Filmore and #5 Hutchison both All District selections in 2012. The loss of Vinklarek to graduation will be some big shoes to fill. #12 Davis will step up and give the Lep offense a new look as he is going to be a big threat in the running game out of the pocket rather than the big drop back passer that characterized the Lep offense in the Vinklarek era. With 3 in the backfield with true 4.6 speed the Leps running game will be very formidable. The air attack should be a threat as well as Davis has a very strong arm and is dangerous out of the pocket as well. WR #9 Tezeno will be the prime target with his ability to get open and sure hands catching anything within his reach. After suffering a torn ACL in the Giddings game last season 6' 5" Trey Supak underwent a very rigorous rehabilitation post surgery to propel the Leps to a State Championship behind his pitching in baseball this year and if he decides to return to the gridiron will pose a real threat to defensive backs with his athleticism. He makes a big target over the middle and has excellent blocking skills.

Defense: the D line returns #14 Wes Scott and # 63 Schindler who plays both ways. Lb #33 Marburger and #21 Mueller will provide senior leadership with new talent stepping up to fill the ranks. The secondary will be strong with several starters returning #20 Beseda, #5 Hutchison and #10 Ryan Scott. I suspect our defensive co-ordinator will pull a few rabbits out of his hat and build a strong defense around these seniors with all the talent coming up from last year's strong jv and frosh teams.

I think the Leps will compete very well again this year , two keys to their success will be a ball control time eating offense and they must fill some big time shoes on defense. Kolek and Cook will be hard to replace on defense , also Tezeno is not playing football next year from what I have been told and Supak let's just say if he plays I will be the most surprised person in LG. The offense will be fine with so many weapons in the backfield and a solid OL , I think the D will be the weak link however there are some kids that could setup and fill some shoes. I do feel the Leps will be at the top of District by seasons end, last years Seniors proved most all wrong about predicting us not to even make the playoffs. Coach Kates has the Leps program heading in the right direction , people on here talking having the best players on their team in our District are going to fine out LG has 2 or 3 that will be as good or better then all. Should be a great District race.

La Grange
Yoakum
Giddings
Cuero
Gonzales
Smithville.

YTBulldogs
07-21-2013, 04:32 PM
bd, how's the new field turf and scoreboard coming along over there? Maybe someone like 44 can drop some photos on here to show the progress? Great to see that "oil money" going to good use. Here, we used ours to re-surface the track.

YTBulldogs
07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
La Grange
Yoakum
Giddings
Cuero
Gonzales
Smithville.

Another tight one. I have Giddings getting in. I seen FNF had them 5th. Where did DC have them if anyone knows?

1.Yoakum 5-0
2. Cuero 4-1
3. LG 3-2
4. Giddings 3-2
5. Smithville 2-3
6. Gonzo 1-4

YTBulldogs
07-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Great to see that "oil money" going to good use. Here, we used ours to re-surface the track.

Hopefully upgrade the speakers too? With one's built for stadiums and add more of them. We blow them when we turn it up loud enough so fan's can hear what's being played. Secure our swaying scoreboard would be nice.

Pudlugger
07-21-2013, 05:59 PM
:d:d:d
another tight one. I have giddings getting in. I seen fnf had them 5th. Where did dc have them if anyone knows?

1.yoakum 5-0
2. Cuero 4-1
3. Lg 3-2
4. Giddings 3-2
5. Smithville 2-3
6. Gonzo 1-4

lol!

ronwx5x
07-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Another tight one. I have Giddings getting in. I seen FNF had them 5th. Where did DC have them if anyone knows?

1.Yoakum 5-0
2. Cuero 4-1
3. LG 3-2
4. Giddings 3-2
5. Smithville 2-3
6. Gonzo 1-4

DCTF has it:
1. La Grange
2. Gonzales
3. Cuero
4. Yoakum
5. Giddings
6. Smithville

YTBulldogs
07-21-2013, 10:39 PM
DCTF has it:
1. La Grange
2. Gonzales
3. Cuero
4. Yoakum
5. Giddings
6. Smithville

Thanks Ron. Appears they just copied one another. LOL.

Old Green
07-21-2013, 11:20 PM
bd, how's the new field turf and scoreboard coming along over there? Maybe someone like 44 can drop some photos on here to show the progress? Great to see that "oil money" going to good use. Here, we used ours to re-surface the track.Practice field is sodded Looks real good. They have a lot to do yet with the stadium field. It's been raining every other day and slowing things down.

bd62
07-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Hey Old Green Tks for getting me my password I lost when I was in Hospital at MDA .
YT bulldogs like Old Green said they should have it ready by 2 game against Victoria West. When I take my 7 grader for workouts I checked it out and
It looked like they had a ways to go. And Cuero has had lots of rain that is effecting progress.
Had a coach from Yoakum tell me he glad they are doing it because now
He Tks they will follow suit .
Hook and Ladder I know you and Puglugger have lots of knowledge over the yrs on Lagrange and usually have a good idea of Giddings program each yr. the strength of Lagrange and also Gonzales is there OL yr in and yr out .
The advandance of Lagrange is they have better skill people than Gonzales this yr.
The strength of Yoakum and Cuero is speedy skill people but they will have to develop a offense line that will give these skill people a chance to shine. And believe me it Heights get a small opening he gone . Hopkins is bigger and stronger but has good speed and Cuero has a total rebuilding on OL.
I may be wrong but I think Giddings is a yr away from being back in play offs. They were heavy sr team and faded when they met a very
Physical Lagrange team and never recovered from that game.
I saw them play Cuero the week before and it was Hopkins first game and he had over 200 yds rushing and Cuero had 5 turnovers and could not stop the Giddings speed. They still made it a close game and I could tell Giddings defense was there weakness and Lagrange pounced on that the next week.

hookandladder
07-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Hey Old Green Tks for getting me my password I lost when I was in Hospital at MDA .
YT bulldogs like Old Green said they should have it ready by 2 game against Victoria West. When I take my 7 grader for workouts I checked it out and
It looked like they had a ways to go. And Cuero has had lots of rain that is effecting progress.
Hook and Ladder I know you and Puglugger have lots of knowledge over the yrs on Lagrange and usually have a good idea of Giddings program each yr. the strength of Lagrange and also Gonzales is there OL yr in and yr out .
The advandance of Lagrange is they have better skill people than Gonzales this yr.
The strength of Yoakum and Cuero is speedy skill people but they will have to develop a offense line that will give these skill people a chance to shine. And believe me it Heights get a small opening he gone . Hopkins is bigger and stronger but has good speed and Cuero has a total rebuilding on OL.
I may be wrong but I think Giddings is a yr away from being back in play offs. They were heavy sr team and faded when they met a very
I saw them play Cuero the week before and it was Hopkins first game and he had over 200 yds rushing and Cuero had 5 turnovers and could not stop the Giddings speed. They still made it a close game and I could tell Giddings defense was there weakness and Lagrange pounced on that the next week.

Sounds about right to me, going to be a very tough District again this year. It will interesting in LG's backfield , there will be 4 solid RB's looking to carry the rock and that is not counting the QB. Excited to see our Freshman RB which is the son of one of our best RB in many years in LG his name is Dobbins, hate to say it this early but it looks like he could be better then his Daddy and that is saying something special.

YTBulldogs
07-22-2013, 07:40 AM

We just have more pending needs. And, the football field is currently in fine shape. We need new schools and a girl's softball complex, more than a field turf on the football field. So, don't see us trying to keep up with the Jones' by getting the turf anytime soon bd. An upgraded stadium sound system, and re-securing the scoreboard only issue's we have with the football field, that need's to be addressed.

Dog_e_styl
07-22-2013, 07:44 AM
We need new schools and a girl's softball complex, more than a field turf on the football field. So, don't see us trying to keep up with the Jones'

Yuuuup!!!:iagree:

Pudlugger
07-22-2013, 07:46 AM
HOLY SMOKES Hook! I didn't know we had a Dobbins on the way up. That is very exciting news. I remember Lawrence in the Semi-final game against Sealy in the Dome in '97 when he picked up a dropped pitchout in the endzone and ran it back 100 yards for a td. What a talent he was,. If his son has his father's talent the Leps will be huge in the running game for the next few years. With Hutchison and Filmore in the backfield the Leps should be putting up some big points and running out the clock bigtime this year.

bd62
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
How time flys. I remember Dobbins when Ty G
Was a freshman and I was at that game. He was unstoppable in that game and
That was Sealy last of 4 in a row State Championship
They had to come back from behind to beat Lagrance and also
Commerce in Chamionship game also in Astrodome .
Dobbins was not only a great running he was a class kid. I met him in Lagrange at a store looking for
Directions to baseball field and we talked about that game. If his kid is as good as he was that a weapon
That will upgrade Lagrange skill position for yrs to come

hookandladder
07-22-2013, 12:48 PM
He is going to be a special player, has more size then his dad last year. Also can flat out fly, LG will have Filmore, Hutchinson and also the Jones kid who runs very hard in between the tackles. The Hutchinson kid should receive a lot of attention from D-1 schools this year, only a Junior and can also fly. There will not be many teams that will kick it deep on us this year , Hutchinson took a number of them back last year and he is bigger and stronger this year. Look for a really big year from him, I have a feeling you will see more and more of him in the backfiled this year. He is a threat to take it to the house on every play, he will be fun to watch.

YTBulldogs
07-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Heard today from a reliable source-- LaGrange, flat out the team to beat. As you mentioned in your preview H&L, talent all over the field. BD, you mentioned those seniors lost from last years Buff's team. I see that as a plus. They were not that good. The younger talent I seen is what I was basing my predicted playoff position on for them.

Old Green
07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
I saw them play Cuero the week before and it was Hopkins first game and he had over 200 yds rushing and Cuero had 5 turnovers and could not stop the Giddings speed. They still made it a close game and I could tell Giddings defense was there weakness and Lagrange pounced on that the next week.I glad to help you BD62. We'll hook up at some games this year. The season passes are on sale for a couple more weeks. Get them if you haven't already.

hookandladder
07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Heard today from a reliable source-- LaGrange, flat out the team to beat. As you mentioned in your preview H&L, talent all over the field. BD, you mentioned those seniors lost from last years Buff's team. I see that as a plus. They were not that good. The younger talent I seen is what I was basing my predicted playoff position on for them.

I do feel La Grange has the talent on offense, the defense is where they will be lacking but as I have stated before the talent is there. If a couple players are willing to make some position changes the defense could be as good or better then last year, just my 2 cents and what I have seen over the last few years. Also my opinion is not coming from any coaches , just some things that I see could happen.

YTBulldogs
07-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Also notice Yoakum has a chance to do something it's never done before, beat Cuero 3 straight years.

Wrong. I know it seem's like never. But, it's been done before. 59 years ago, was the last 3-game winning streak the DOGS had against them. Yoakum had a 3-year win streak in '52, '53 and '54; and 4-year win streaks in '43, '44, '45 and '46; and '29, '30, '31 and '32.

bd62
07-22-2013, 11:30 PM

You may be right YT but when Cuero played them the first dist game they had all there skill people but lost there QB who was very good and a running back that was D-1 material that also was injuried before they played yaw the last game. Like I said in another post defense was not very good but they
Had beat Bellville and Liberty Hill and were 5-0 in non dist..Lagrange saw there defensive weakness and pounded them and they never recovered .

YTBulldogs
07-23-2013, 08:11 AM
You may be right YT but when Cuero played them the first dist game they had all there skill people but lost there QB who was very good and a running back that was D-1 material that also was injuried before they played yaw the last game. Like I said in another post defense was not very good but they
Had beat Bellville and Liberty Hill and were 5-0 in non dist..Lagrange saw there defensive weakness and pounded them and they never recovered .

I think we'll see more of the old Buff's this year vs. what came over here last year. I still say they are a playoff team.

Pudlugger
07-23-2013, 08:43 AM
So far YT it appears that much of the D26 posters are laying low. Not a bad idea considering how this district shapes up. Too many upsets and surprises are in store for folks to get out their Ouija Boards just yet.

YTBulldogs
07-23-2013, 09:05 AM
So far YT it appears that much of the D26 posters are laying low. Not a bad idea considering how this district shapes up. Too many upsets and surprises are in store for folks to get out their Ouija Boards just yet.

LOL. That's what 3ADL is for, isn't it? Only know one coach from district that follows the BS on here. Preseason ranking is fuel enough.

Pudlugger
07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
I have to say that the Bulldogs are going to be a huge challenge for the Leps this year. After squeezing out a narrow win with them in our house last year going to Yoakum will be a very tough match. The Leps also have to play Gonzales in Apache land and that is always a tough row to hoe. In the Yoakum game last year it seemed that every time the Leps scored and began to pull away the Bulldogs hung another 7 on them with some very impressive runs or pass plays to stay in the game. It will be a very big game for the district lead when these two teams meet up in October.

YTBulldogs
07-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I have to say that the Bulldogs are going to be a huge challenge for the Leps this year. After squeezing out a narrow win with them in our house last year going to Yoakum will be a very tough match. The Leps also have to play Gonzales in Apache land and that is always a tough row to hoe. In the Yoakum game last year it seemed that every time the Leps scored and began to pull away the Bulldogs hung another 7 on them with some very impressive runs or pass plays to stay in the game. It will be a very big game for the district lead when these two teams meet up in October.

Concur. Think we'll be ready to call TO if we see that fake punt formation again. Sweet play. Sad part, they drilled all week what to do if LG came out and ran this play. Some remembered, one didn't. TO should of been called when the CB forgot his assignment.

Old Green
07-23-2013, 11:56 AM
I think this year in D26 will play out the same as last year. 6 teams all have heated rivalry's with teams in the district. So you never know what the kids will do. It's going to be interesting.

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Yoakum better learn how to beat GZ. Lock has our number. With GZ OL dominance (best in district by far) they can brutally smash mouth ya. That RB (think he's a soph this year) will soon have the folks forgetting the Diesel. And of course, DJ is still there. Think I ranked them too low on closer look.:eek:

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Practice field is sodded Looks real good. They have a lot to do yet with the stadium field. It's been raining every other day and slowing things down.

They adding seating on home side OG?

Old Green
07-23-2013, 04:15 PM
They adding seating on home side OG?Not this year, but next year it may happen from what I'm hearing.

Pudlugger
07-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Yoakum better learn how to beat GZ. Lock has our number. With GZ OL dominance (best in district by far) they can brutally smash mouth ya. That RB (think he's a soph this year) will soon have the folks forgetting the Diesel. And of course, DJ is still there. Think I ranked them too low on closer look.:eek:

Gonzales has a huge O line but you might want to rethink your assessment as the best in district. The Leps return all but the center this year. They are big and physical. The Lep O line will be anchored by #70 Ledwik who has several big D1 programs looking at him. The likely starter at center is a sophomore who should be able to fill his brother's shoes who graduated last year. The Lep O line will be especially valuable in what should be the most dynamic running game in district.

Dog_e_styl
07-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Gonzales has a huge O line but you might want to rethink your assessment as the best in district. The Leps return all but the center this year. They are big and physical. The Lep O line will be anchored by #70 Ledwik who has several big D1 programs looking at him. The likely starter at center is a sophomore who should be able to fill his brother's shoes who graduated last year. The Lep O line will be especially valuable in what should be the most dynamic running game in district.

Several teams are claiming this: most dynamic running game in district. Should be very entertaining each Friday night this fall then. Some talented kid's out there hailing from D26, huh? Good luck to ya'll and we look forward to hosting you, and getting to try and slow down them boy's somehow.

hookandladder
07-23-2013, 07:41 PM

Zach Ledwik has committed to Texas A&M , no one will want to lineup against him this year. He will dominant every player that lines up against him, he is just that good. Hands down, one of the best OL players in the State in any class 5A down. No BS, read his scouting report.

Pudlugger
07-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Yes, Ledwik will be a force to contend with this season. On top of that, what is going to be a huge factor in the success of the Leopard program will be the balance on the offensive line. They are going to be strong from right to left this year. With the horses in the backfield I expect to see some great smash mouth football where they just run right at you. That was the kind of football that characterized the Leps in the recent past and for me that is welcome news.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 08:53 AM
The only week the projected starting QB for GZ played 7 vs 7 in Yoakum, GZ beat Yoakum 35-7. You must have not been there that week..
I seen the GZ QB prospects during 7 on 7 league play, and they are like Cuero, prior to Blake Reeve returning, very weak there. Might take more than a year to get that down. GZ will have a solid OL, so---if the QB can just hand off that could bump them from 5th to 4th and sneak a playoff spot IMO. Zero passing threat though. Not sure you make the playoff's in D26 one dimensional like in years past.

Pudlugger
07-24-2013, 09:07 AM
The only week the projected starting QB for GZ played 7 vs 7 in Yoakum, GZ beat Yoakum 35-7. You must have not been there that week..

:1popcorn:

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 09:23 AM

and we're off.......................... bout time I say :cheerl:

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Not sure he was there, but--I was. And, score wasn't 35-7. Ya'll won, 35-21 and we had two JH kid's (Ford boy's going to be 8th graders, playing both ways) and a center Poobie White (280 lbs) playing "D" (not good for 7 on 7, cause ya'll smoked him repeatedly, lol) we had reg's gone. Think we were 3-1 against ya'll overall. If ya'll get a hog defending your WR's, I'd say ya'll should throw it and take advantage. QB looked good finding the weak link.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 03:23 PM
you think wrong ... we didn't even play yall 4 times.. glad you put stock into 7 Vs 7... I'm gonna put stock in this>>>>
2010-- GZ 41-Y 14
2011--GZ 33-Y 0
2012-- GZ 48--Y 20
Nuff Said partner!!!! Done with this ... Have made my point!!

Not sure he was there, but--I was. And, score wasn't 35-7. Ya'll won, 35-21 and we had two JH kid's (Ford boy's going to be 8th graders, playing both ways) and a center Poobie White (280 lbs) playing "D" (not good for 7 on 7, cause ya'll smoked him repeatedly, lol) we had reg's gone. Think we were 3-1 against ya'll overall. If ya'll get a hog defending your WR's, I'd say ya'll should throw it and take advantage. QB looked good finding the weak link.

bd62
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
you think wrong ... we didn't even play yall 4 times.. glad you put stock into 7 Vs 7... I'm gonna put stock in this>>>>
2010-- GZ 41-Y 14
2011--GZ 33-Y 0
2012-- GZ 48--Y 20

Typical Gonzo reaction. Did you want to mention the Cuero - Gonzales score last yr.
Since I have GS in Cuero and let's see who did yaw play
In playoffs. Oh I forgot yaw did not make playoffs.That's why the rivalry between Cuero- Yoakum
Is a good one and the kids and most fans show respect.
And then there is Gonzo which is a heated one and You show no respect
For a Yoakum posters comments by your
Cocky last comments. Glad you done with this.

44INAROW
07-24-2013, 04:25 PM
2010-- GZ 41-Y 14
2011--GZ 33-Y 0
2012-- GZ 48--Y 20

just wondering - how many of those from the 2010 and 2011 team are playing this year? it's a whole new year.. who the heck knows how D26 going to end up - I certainly won't put much stock into what the bigshot predictors say.. We know how that turned out last year!

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 04:40 PM
2010-- GZ 41-Y 14
2011--GZ 33-Y 0
2012-- GZ 48--Y 20

All do respect t-pee, I assure you we played the tough GZ club four times (and the other teams as well) during the 7 on 7 season, which we hosted and know the schedule. Yes, ya'll own us in the games that matter. And, we are fully aware of the past scores. Matter of fact, I think I and other's from Yoakum, noted on 3ADL, we have to learn a way to beat your talented club, because ya'll have our number. Best wishes to the Apaches and hope your back in the playoffs this season?

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Typical Gonzo reaction. Did you want to mention the Cuero - Gonzales score last yr.
In playoffs. Oh I forgot yaw did not make playoffs.That's why the rivalry between Cuero- Yoakum

It's all good bd. No biggy. I was just pointing out, yes they beat us. But, wanted all the game info included and the correct score of the contest. Like was pointed out, 7 on 7 means nothing. They have had their way with us in recent history in the meaningful games. I like GZ, and I follow them in the playoff's as I do Cuero. Seen bd at many of these as I recall. Wish we were as fortunate to be honest. Not sure why t-pee were so stern. Didn't mean no harm.

Snotbubbles
07-24-2013, 05:47 PM

Gonzalez still playing Looling and that Austin City Limits school in non-district games? Or, did they step it up after the last alignment? Watch them 'Canes this year.:wave:

speedbump
07-24-2013, 06:47 PM

Snotbubbles
07-24-2013, 07:38 PM
That RB (think he's a soph this year) will soon have the folks forgetting the Diesel in GZ.

Fan's hope they can forget. Understand he was something else off the turf too. To bad.

Where did "The Diesel" end up going to play college ball at anyways? Had the talent, curious if a college overlooked his off field actions. He'd fit right in with our boy's here at SH.:smoker:

bd62
07-24-2013, 08:10 PM
It's all good bd. No biggy. I was just pointing out, yes they beat us. But, wanted all the game info included and the correct score of the contest. Like was pointed out, 7 on 7 means nothing. They have had their way with us in recent history in the meaningful games. I like GZ, and I follow them in the playoff's as I do Cuero. Seen bd at many of these as I recall. Wish we were as fortunate to be honest. Not sure why t-pee were so stern. Didn't mean no harm.

Tks YT. We have a lot of classy posters in our dist like you, Old Green,44
Hook and Ladder,Pudlugger,44inarow and several more that give good info
On there teams and upcoming games without as you said being so stern .
It's his right but when he does he will get responses if not by me
it will be by another 263a poster. giving the scores of last 4 yrs is ok and accurate
But those last comments was unnessary.

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
it will be by another 263a poster. giving the scores of last 4 yrs is ok and accurate
If I recall bd, t-pee is a she.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
allright classy posters that pat your self on the back... here is why I was stern as you call it .. several of our players were called weak in a post and it should not have happened.. why slam high school kids... and snotbubbles, our freshman rushed over 200 against yalll.. you are the san antonio city limits these days!!!The player from GZ you mentioned and called out has much more character than some you watch every friday night. University of Arizona will verify that!!!.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 09:05 PM
all yall didn't make it the previous 2 years.. respect wasn't shown when one of YOUR posters slammed our QB candidates...Typical Yoakum... GZ poster defends his team and catches heck..and BTW.. GZ only went to 3 weeks of your 7 vs 7 and never played you twice.. that's a fact.

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
several of our players were called weak in a post

Not sure "several" is quite accurate either TP. Did see the QB's and that position mentioned as weak looking during 7 on 7, and that it could be more than a year before they appear up to snuff. I have read "several" positive post's about other Apache players though. Guess you didn't see those?

And, congrats to CJ getting a scholarship to the Arizona Wildcats. Kid has always been a good RB for sure. Had the pleasure to coach him in the CYFL All-Stars several years back.

YTBulldogs
07-24-2013, 09:12 PM
all yall didn't make it the previous 2 years.. respect wasn't shown when one of YOUR posters slammed our QB candidates...Typical Yoakum... GZ poster defends his team and catches heck..and BTW.. GZ only went to 3 weeks of your 7 vs 7 and never played you twice.. that's a fact.

OK TP, your right. My bad.:rolleyes:
Someone played claiming they were GZ then. And, we went 0-4 against the real GZ team and those wannabe's dressed like ya'll.

Old Green
07-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Fan's hope they can forget. Understand he was something else off the turf too. To bad.

Where did "The Diesel" end up going to play college ball at anyways? Had the talent, curious if a college overlooked his off field actions. He'd fit right in with our boy's here at SH.:smoker:How do the Hurricanes look this Year ? Always enjoy their games when in S.A. visiting relatives there.

Snotbubbles
07-24-2013, 09:23 PM
How do the Hurricanes look this Year ? Always enjoy their games when in S.A. visiting relatives there.

Like crap. It's once every couple decades here. We might win the Gonzalez game, and that will be about it. Poor Coach Green, it just ain't going to happen there. No Rock-Pile this year. It's under construction if you come this year.

Old Green
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Like crap. It's once every couple decades here. We might win the Gonzalez game, and that will be about it. Poor Coach Green, it just ain't going to happen there. No Rock-Pile this year. It's under construction if you come this year.My cousin told me about Alamo being renovated.
I hope the Canes get it together. There's a lot talent still left in the old neighborhood.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Gonzales bubbles... Get it right!!!!Yall can't even beat poteet!!!
Like crap. It's once every couple decades here. We might win the Gonzalez game, and that will be about it. Poor Coach Green, it just ain't going to happen there. No Rock-Pile this year. It's under construction if you come this year.

underthetepee
07-24-2013, 11:33 PM
You must be talking about the jv team!
OK TP, your right. My bad.:rolleyes:
Someone played claiming they were GZ then. And, we went 0-4 against the real GZ team and those wannabe's dressed like ya'll.

hookandladder
07-25-2013, 08:01 AM

Where did "The Diesel" end up going to play college ball at anyways? Had the talent, curious if a college overlooked his off field actions. He'd fit right in with our boy's here at SH.:smoker:

Look who showed up again this year, you were pretty quite after you made your bold predictions on the La Grange team that did not hold water.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 09:54 AM
You must be talking about the jv team!

probably so.:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Look who showed up again this year, you were pretty quite after you made your bold predictions on the La Grange team that did not hold water.

H&L, congrats to your son and the state honors in baseball just named. Player of the Year, well done Logan.

Snotbubbles
07-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Gonzales bubbles... Get it right!!!!Yall can't even beat poteet!!!

LOL. Relax peepants. Just having fun. Gonsalez will be tough and finish like last year, I'm sure. Poteet fan's threw strawberry's at us though. We are no Looling though.

Snotbubbles
07-25-2013, 11:38 AM
University of Arizona will verify that!!!.

Guess he hasn't reported yet?

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30700&SPID=127113&SPSID=750028&DB_OEM_ID=30700

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 12:06 PM
You are right about one thing yall are not no Luling. They are better then yall. LOL. Lets see how you can take a joke. :stirpot:
You said that Gonzales would be the only team yall would beat, my thing is that yall could not even beat us last year what makes you think your going to this year? It is all in good fun. I like to read some of the stuff that gets put on here. Maybe some of yall should be making a million $'s by now with all the good predictions going on here. Dont forget to play the lotto.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 12:17 PM

So,:mad: you think we have no respect for other posters, but we are not going to let anybody put us down and not say something about it. Im sure you would feel the same way if it was turned towards you. Then, you want to bring Cuero into this. Yes they spanked us last year, but we have got over that, and hope to turn that around this year.:cheerl:

Pudlugger
07-25-2013, 12:27 PM
In my opinion Gonzales will be the toughest team the Leps will have faced by game 6. They will be in the mix for district champions and no D26 team should take them for granted.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM
In my opinion Gonzales will be the toughest team the Leps will have faced by game 6. They will be in the mix for district champions and no D26 team should take them for granted.

Thanks pud, the Leps will be real tough to contend with this year. Those boys over in Lep country are very strong and talented. Good luck to yall, it will be a fun race to the finish line.:wave:

On another note, I need to ask this question, I have not said anything about it, but now I have too. Why do yall call us and the other two teams, (Cuero and Yoakum), MOJO country? The reason I ask is because a coach from LG told me that the people from LG call us that name. I dont know if I should take that as a racial expression or what. But for my years of experience in life to me that sounds like a racial slur. No beef, just wanted to know. That way next time we go to LG we are real careful where we go so we wont be looked at funny.

Cam
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM
I was just passin' thru.....now that's what I'm talkin' bout.....there's some good banter quietly goin' on in this thread!......carry on men.......

hookandladder
07-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks pud, the Leps will be real tough to contend with this year. Those boys over in Lep country are very strong and talented. Good luck to yall, it will be a fun race to the finish line.:wave:

On another note, I need to ask this question, I have not said anything about it, but now I have too. Why do yall call us and the other two teams, (Cuero and Yoakum), MOJO country? The reason I ask is because a coach from LG told me that the people from LG call us that name. I dont know if I should take that as a racial expression or what. But for my years of experience in life to me that sounds like a racial slur. No beef, just wanted to know. That way next time we go to LG we are real careful where we go so we wont be looked at funny.

I have been in LG for 19 years with my son playing here the last 4 and I have never heard that saying, I think I have heard that about a team up North in 5A. Maybe Pud can shed some light on it, I have no clue or even have heard anyone call you guys that.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Never heard it either. Odd. Odessa Permian I have. Give us some of that mojo if it helps us though. LOL.

44INAROW
07-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I was just passin' thru.....now that's what I'm talkin' bout.....there's some good banter quietly goin' on in this thread!......carry on men.......

see Cam - us south Texas folks like to mix it up too :) it always happens about this time of year.. waiting on 2 a days and the 1st scrimmage.. some of us have had quite a dry spell and are ready to get back into the mix again... :cheerl:

44INAROW
07-25-2013, 02:01 PM

call me clueless but what on God's green Earth makes MOJO racial anyway? Jeez - why does that always have to be brought up? I hate racial stuff.. sorry, it just pushes my buttons :ack!:

bd62
07-25-2013, 02:04 PM
So,:mad: you think we have no respect for other posters, but we are not going to let anybody put us down and not say something about it. Im sure you would feel the same way if it was turned towards you. Then, you want to bring Cuero into this. Yes they spanked us last year, but we have got over that, and hope to turn that around this year.:cheerl:

I was one of the few that thought Gonzo was picked too
Low and would be in top 4 due to there OL and defense. I thought Giddings
Was picked too high because they are rebuilding according to
A coach I know there. You can read that in earlier post on this thread.My response to UTT was because of the cocky way the message ended to YT
It's a factthat Gonzo has beat Yoakum 4 yrs in a row and that fair to say
But leave it there and end the message on that note and I would not
Have a problem with that. Good luck to Gonzo and also to you pacdaddy.
It's going to be another fun yr and this dist is so even any team can beat you on
Any Friday nite.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
call me clueless but what on God's green Earth makes MOJO racial anyway? Jeez - why does that always have to be brought up? I hate racial stuff.. sorry, it just pushes my buttons :ack!:

Agree, never heard anyone but Odessa called that and it had nothing to do with race. Magic I think. We'll need some of that this year I think. And, gladly accept.:cheerl:

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
I was one of the few that thought Gonzo was picked too
Low and would be in top 4 due to there OL and defense. I thought Giddings
Was picked too high because they are rebuilding according to
A coach I know there. You can read that in earlier post on this thread.My response to UTT was because of the cocky way the message ended to YT
It's a factthat Gonzo has beat Yoakum 4 yrs in a row and that fair to say
But leave it there and end the message on that note and I would not

Have a problem with that. Good luck to Gonzo and also to you pacdaddy.
It's going to be another fun yr and this dist is so even any team can beat you on
Any Friday nite.

GZ owns us. That we know.:crying: Warpath get's em fired up for us. Time for plan XYZ. LOL.

And, as I do every year, I'll give credit to CYFL coach Clack for some of what GZ put's on the field the past several years. Awesome guy and coach and the kids love him.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 02:19 PM

I hate to say this but MOJO in our terms means illegal alien. I hate that too, but I was just asking the question, did not mean any harm in it. I did not want to sit back on this anymore, the question had to come out. I have people asking me about it so I thought i would just ask about it.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I hate to say this but MOJO in our terms means illegal alien.

Really? Odd, never heard it used by any opponent.

44INAROW
07-25-2013, 02:23 PM
I hate to say this but MOJO in our terms means illegal alien. I hate that too, but I was just asking the question, did not mean any harm in it. I did not want to sit back on this anymore, the question had to come out. I have people asking me about it so I thought i would just ask about it.

well, I've never heard anyone use the term for anything pertaining to any of that.. I guess that's a good thing :confused: back to football.......

We're having our 1st 2013 Football season Booster Club meeting next Weds.. and the kickoff banquet is a couple Monday's later.... can't get here soon enough.. just hope our field, etc are ready..

hookandladder
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM

That is interesting but still have no clue of who would have said anything like that from LG, If we use it ( MOJO) I would assume that is a good thing like we got the MOJO going. Guess I am old school.

Pudlugger
07-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I've been following Lep football for 19 years and never heard the term mojo in reference to Gonzales, Yoakum or Cuero only to Permian and that was when they played for the Championship against Tyler. The game was televised and the announcers were making a big deal about "Mojo" when referring to Odessa Permian. Tyler won as I recall. I've been around a while and would not consider mojo a racial slur. It means good luck or magical powers as when someone is in a slump they have "lost their mojo". I believe it is a term derived from the African Hoodoo a bag containing various herbs worn under the garments of slaves in the 19th Century South to instill the wearer with magical powers to manipulate others and protect the wearer. If referring to a term that is part of African American culture is racist than so is Hip Hop, Soul, Jazz and so on.If you do not look at the world through a racial prism you will find that most folks have the same needs and wants and feelings as you do young man. Good luck to the Apaches(Opps is that racist?)

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 02:32 PM
That is interesting but still have no clue of who would have said anything like that from LG, If we use it ( MOJO) I would assume that is a good thing like we got the MOJO going. Guess I am old school.

I also am old school and we use to use it for good luck. Sorry.

Anyway, who was that young lad you were talking about that was going to be like his dad. Sounds like he is going to be unstopable. I always like to see talent like that. It makes for some good football.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I've been following Lep football for 19 years and never heard the term mojo in reference to Gonzales, Yoakum or Cuero only to Permian and that was when they played for the Championship against Tyler. The game was televised and the announcers were making a big deal about "Mojo" when referring to Odessa Permian. Tyler won as I recall. I've been around a while and would not consider mojo a racial slur. It means good luck or magical powers as when someone is in a slump they have "lost their mojo". I believe it is a term derived from the African Hoodoo a bag containing various herbs worn under the garments of slaves in the 19th Century South to instill the wearer with magical powers to manipulate others and protect the wearer. If referring to a term that is part of African American culture is racist than so is Hip Hop, Soul, Jazz and so on.If you do not look at the world through a racial prism you will find that most folks have the same needs and wants and feelings as you do young man. Good luck to the Apaches(Opps is that racist?)

See, I knew i should have not brought that up. If your not of hispanic background you wont understand. That is the last I will say about it.

Pudlugger
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I guess not. In any event the term is not used in the manner you mentioned here in La Grange.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Good luck to the Apaches(Opps is that racist?)

:spitlol:

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey hook, what is your enrollment numbers. If the Leps win district again or get in will yall go D1 again?

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 04:43 PM
YT what are your enrollment numbers?

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
YT what are your enrollment numbers?

FNF shows 477 for us. Heard could go 2A next alignment.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 04:51 PM
FNF shows LG at 607

Dog_e_styl
07-25-2013, 04:54 PM

And, Cuero most likely will end the series against us then. Hope not.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 04:56 PM
And, Cuero most likely will end the series against us then. Hope not.

awww, me to.:crying: Been a blast, and draws the crowds.

underthetepee
07-25-2013, 04:59 PM
you misunderstood my post.. i was referring to the young man SH had that signed with arizona last year... not sure what CJ is doing this fall
Guess he hasn't reported yet?

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30700&SPID=127113&SPSID=750028&DB_OEM_ID=30700

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Last count, was just informed a enrollment number of 466. The 477 figure was what we had at last alignment.

underthetepee
07-25-2013, 05:02 PM
3 from 2010 and 7 from 2011
just wondering - how many of those from the 2010 and 2011 team are playing this year? it's a whole new year.. who the heck knows how D26 going to end up - I certainly won't put much stock into what the bigshot predictors say.. We know how that turned out last year!

bd62
07-25-2013, 05:02 PM

There will be a major change next alignment according to the coaches I know. Don't

Know all the details but I think there will be 6 divisions
and Yoakum and Cuero will be 3 A but its possible that
A couple of our dist school will be 4A. More travel for dist and breaking up
Some old rivals.

underthetepee
07-25-2013, 05:04 PM
don't play luling anymore but they would wear SH out
LOL. Relax peepants. Just having fun. Gonsalez will be tough and finish like last year, I'm sure. Poteet fan's threw strawberry's at us though. We are no Looling though.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 05:05 PM
There will be a major change next alignment according to the coaches I know. Do
Know all the details but I think there will be 6 divisions
and Yoakum and Cuero will be 3 A but its possible that
A couple of our dist school will be 4A. More travel for dist and breaking up
Some old rivals.

Damn, I hope so bd. Hate to stop playing ya'll after 100+ years.

underthetepee
07-25-2013, 05:06 PM
your right about that .. Cuero was picked to win it in 2011 and we know how that turned out!!

44INAROW
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM
your right about that .. Cuero was picked to win it in 2011 and we know how that turned out!!

really? Lighten up and try to have fun cause I guarantee it's less stressful. :crazy: and try not to take everything so personal - believe me, it's not. My comment "we all know how that turned out" was aimed at the prediction makers - had nothing to do with Gonzo or their season..

Snotbubbles
07-25-2013, 05:12 PM
you misunderstood my post.. i was referring to the young man SH had that signed with arizona last year... not sure what CJ is doing this fall

Awww, my bad pee. I'm sure both are back in the hood.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 05:14 PM
really? Lighten up and try to have fun cause I guarantee it's less stressful. :crazy:

44INAROW
07-25-2013, 05:17 PM
3 from 2010 and 7 from 2011

wow that's nice - to have 3, 4 year starters.. and 7, 3 year starters is a luxury I wish Cuero had. My sons are all grown and not playing anymore, so I am not up on who is doing what but I enjoy watching each year and I am sure Coach Reeve will have our players ready to play.. Looks like we all might enjoy this last season cause if the alignment predictions are correct, we'll be playing all new teams.

YTBulldogs
07-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Is this the year Cuero lost Trent Jackson (ACL) after the down pour game in Port Lavaca for the year? If so, see what happened. Man amongst boys. Talent gone wrong right there. Sad.

underthetepee
07-25-2013, 05:28 PM
I'm gonna say this.. Is TJ would have stayed healthy he would been one of the most productive backs in the state at any classification... That player was special and worth about 6 or 7 more wins..
Is this the year Cuero lost Trent Jackson (ACL) after the down pour game in Port Lavaca for the year? If so, see what happened. Man amongst boys. Talent gone wrong right there. Sad.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you for those numbers.:wave:

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm gonna say this.. Is TJ would have stayed healthy he would been one of the most productive backs in the state at any classification... That player was special and worth about 6 or 7 more wins..

I have to say that is very true.

hookandladder
07-25-2013, 05:43 PM
I also am old school and we use to use it for good luck. Sorry.

Anyway, who was that young lad you were talking about that was going to be like his dad. Sounds like he is going to be unstopable. I always like to see talent like that. It makes for some good football.

The young lads last name is Dobbins, his dad was a stud but was just to short for college football. Our enrollment of 607 sounds about right, if numbers stay the same or close we will be 3rd in enrollment behind Giddings and Gonzales.

pacdaddy
07-25-2013, 05:48 PM
The young lads last name is Dobbins, his dad was a stud but was just to short for college football. Our enrollment of 607 sounds about right, if numbers stay the same or close we will be 3rd in enrollment behind Giddings and Gonzales.

Cant wait to see him. Hope our backfield can contain him.

Pudlugger
07-25-2013, 06:39 PM
On a different note I can't wait until the Leps play Giddings at home this year. Those guys have rubbed our noses in crap for 10 years straight until the 2012 Leps took them to the woodshed. I hope our boys don't get soft. Pound the Buffs! Take no prisoners!:mad:

hookandladder
07-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Cant wait to see him. Hope our backfield can contain him.

Like I have said he will be a special one however our backfield is loaded with upperclassmen , so it will be interesting how much action he sees in his Freshman year. He may end up helping us out on defense this year, I really do not know what the coaches have in store for him this season.

Pudlugger
07-26-2013, 08:57 AM
On a different note I can't wait until the Leps play Giddings at home this year. Those guys have rubbed our noses in crap for 10 years straight until the 2012 Leps took them to the woodshed. I hope our boys don't get soft. Pound the Buffs! Take no prisoners!:mad:

j/k :stirpot:

Pudlugger
07-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Like I have said he will be a special one however our backfield is loaded with upperclassmen , so it will be interesting how much action he sees in his Freshman year. He may end up helping us out on defense this year, I really do not know what the coaches have in store for him this season.

I would guess he will be one of the two deep men on kickoff returns and perhaps punt returner. With Hutchison going both ways he will be employed in the backfield to take some of the strain off Hutchison. Having such depth in the running game is a real plus giving several dimensions to our offense.

underthetepee
07-26-2013, 09:36 AM
It wasn't a luxury when they were freshman.. hard for freshman lineman to play varsity ball.. they had to be thrown in the fire at an early age but they were definitely the best players we had at their positions
wow that's nice - to have 3, 4 year starters.. and 7, 3 year starters is a luxury I wish Cuero had. My sons are all grown and not playing anymore, so I am not up on who is doing what but I enjoy watching each year and I am sure Coach Reeve will have our players ready to play.. Looks like we all might enjoy this last season cause if the alignment predictions are correct, we'll be playing all new teams.

buff4ever
07-26-2013, 12:01 PM
j/k :stirpot:

Did you forget to log off of your downlow account, that previous post was very un-pudlike. JK, keep it coming pud, don't know if we will be ready in the trenches with you boys this year, but we will be coming after you with everything else, our boys will remember that last one.

Will be interesting year for the buffs, I don't exactly know what to expect. I think we have a lot of talent and even interesting talent, some surprises maybe at a couple of positions, but still needing the trenches to step up on both sides. We will see.

This district is still a great schedule across the board every week of district, much like last year.

Pudlugger
07-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Did you forget to log off of your downlow account, that previous post was very un-pudlike. JK, keep it coming pud, don't know if we will be ready in the trenches with you boys this year, but we will be coming after you with everything else, our boys will remember that last one.

Will be interesting year for the buffs, I don't exactly know what to expect. I think we have a lot of talent and even interesting talent, some surprises maybe at a couple of positions, but still needing the trenches to step up on both sides. We will see.

This district is still a great schedule across the board every week of district, much like last year.

OKAY, I admit I was a little over the top trying to beat the bushes and roust out some Buff fans. Looks like it worked :). Giddings always draws out the talent and I expect they will be playing great football by the 7th week of this season. Naturally I am hoping the Leps can extend their one game winning streak this year :).

1st and goal
07-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Judging by our JV's winning record, I am hopeful for some really fast surprises. They've had success running and throwing the ball.

Every Friday night in D26 will be a slobberknocker. Just like last year and its tough to make any preseason predictions.

Pudlugger
07-30-2013, 01:35 PM
The Leps should benefit from their strong jv and frosh programs as these young men move up to varsity. DCTF quotes Coach Kates as saying depth will be a problem in the playoffs. I think coach is being cagey here as the Leps will have plenty of depth by the 11th week as these juniors and sophomores have a full season of varsity play under their belts by then. The trick is to get to the playoffs and get there as winner rather than runner up. This year with 2 teams going to D1 and D2 respectively that will be huge. The Leps ran into the D1 finalist in round one last season ruining their chances to go deep in the playoffs. Hopefully the Leps will make the playoffs and have a good run this year.

hookandladder
07-30-2013, 01:39 PM
The Leps should benefit from their strong jv and frosh programs as these young men move up to varsity. DCTF quotes Coach Kates as saying depth will be a problem in the playoffs. I think coach is being cagey here as the Leps will have plenty of depth by the 11th week as these juniors and sophomores have a full season of varsity play under their belts by then. The trick is to get to the playoffs and get there as winner rather than runner up. This year with 2 teams going to D1 and D2 respectively that will be huge. The Leps ran into the D1 finalist in round one last season ruining their chances to go deep in the playoffs. Hopefully the Leps will make the playoffs and have a good run this year.

I could be wrong however I just do not see a dominant team in either Division, I feel La Grange can play with any team in Region 4.

Pudlugger
08-03-2013, 08:13 AM
We scrimmage with Liberty Hill in 2 weeks. What has LH got for us this year?

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 10:00 AM
All starts at 12:01AM Monday for the Dogs. Go get'em and best of luck to all the D26 teams.

Weebe
08-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Anyone think D26 will win a playoff game this year?

Pudlugger
08-03-2013, 10:36 AM

D25 was loaded last year and got the best of D26. This year may be different with so much talent in D26. Bellville will be very strong again but El Campo and Wharton are rebuilding. Sealy and Columbus have new coaches and some solid talent so you never know. In D26 Yoakum, Cuero, Gonzales and La Grange all will return a good portion of their skill players and starters so they will just get better. Giddings and Smithville are rebuilding but with the Buffs anything can happen they always come up with winners.

The Leps will be ready for the Ricebirds if they meet again this year. No more fumbled kick-off returns and bonehead fake punts this time spotting 14 quick points in the first 5 minutes LOL. I'll know a lot more after we play Marble Falls on 8/30 in our house.

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 01:02 PM

I do.

speedbump
08-03-2013, 01:05 PM

I almost posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago. LOL You must be an old second baseman.

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I almost posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago. LOL You must be an old second baseman.

LOL. SB you something else. LOLLOLOLOLOL. You smarter than that though.

Manso/V8
08-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Probably in baseball.

Manso/V8
08-03-2013, 03:21 PM
LOL. SB you something else. LOLLOLOLOLOL. You smarter than that though.

The Brahmas host the Bulldogs at the Pasture of Pain for a scrimmage on Saturday, August 17th.
Are you coming?

The season is inching closer!

hookandladder
08-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Yes in baseball we did beat everybody in D 25 , also beat everybody else we faced in the playoffs . State Champs , how many athletes can ever say that . How sweet it is. I will go out on a limb now because I have no one playing on the Lep teams anymore , Leps football wins first round playoffs this year. So there you go , answer is yes.

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Be nice Manso, you'll get yours in first scrimmage.:) Boy ya'll loaded. Best wishes. Take it a step further this year.

Love coming to BV. Great friendly country people, well coached and talented team and even better food. We lost our sophomore athlete (Tre' Hights) against ya'll last year in this scrimmage. He returned final few games and gave us a good show of his talent, and potential. Counting on him big time in his junior year, in the dual QB format we'll be using. Tre' will bump to another position when senior Chase Hermes comes in for his rotation at the helm. Nightmare to matchup with.

Don't get any better of a measuring stick than lining up against ya'll. Last year, ended in a tie as I recall. After the drumming ya'll gave us the last time we came to town. But, truth be known, Dogs don't put a lot of stock into the scrimmages and even the non-district schedule as far as that goes. Just trying to get prepared for the district opener, while trying to gain some depth. I can see Yoakum going 3-2 in their ND schedule. If the younger guys catch on quicker, could very well go 5-0 in ND. I will say, this is the most talented team I've seen the Dogs have. They will go as far as the OL takes them. The revamped offense will not allow them to walk after plays. They better get in shape. They'll need to create that bond that successful teams always seem to have amongst their hogs. Little nasty, yet smart. Take it personnel when the QB get's hit. Kinda like ya'lls and GZ O-lines. Best two lines I seen last year.

See ya in 2 weeks.:wave:

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 05:23 PM
The Brahmas host the Bulldogs at the Pasture of Pain for a scrimmage on Saturday, August 17th.
Are you coming?

The season is inching closer!

Yes, I'll be there. I have my officiating scrimmages on other nights than Yoakums. Only chance I get to see them this year. Was fun watching my son the prior 2 years. Best year's of my life. Kill's me not be able to follow this special team too. But, I missed calling on Friday's as well.

Manso/V8
08-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes in baseball we did beat everybody in D 25 , also beat everybody else we faced in the playoffs . State Champs , how many athletes can ever say that . How sweet it is. I will go out on a limb now because I have no one playing on the Lep teams anymore , Leps football wins first round playoffs this year. So there you go , answer is yes.

What an awesome run for the Leps in baseball. I saw the highlights of your semi and SC games, I think on FSSW. Did your son pitch in the final game or was it the semi-final game? Congrats to everyone. What a great way to close out your high school athletic career as a player and a dad!

Manso/V8
08-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Be nice Manso, you'll get yours in first scrimmage.:) Boy ya'll loaded. Best wishes. Take it a step further this year.

Love coming to BV. Great friendly country people, well coached and talented team and even better food. We lost our sophomore athlete (Tre' Hights) against ya'll last year in this scrimmage. He returned final few games and gave us a good show of his talent, and potential. Counting on him big time in his junior year, in the dual QB format we'll be using. Tre' will bump to another position when senior Chase Hermes comes in for his rotation at the helm. Nightmare to matchup with.

Don't get any better of a measuring stick than lining up against ya'll. Last year, ended in a tie as I recall. After the drumming ya'll gave us the last time we came to town. But, truth be known, Dogs don't put a lot of stock into the scrimmages and even the non-district schedule as far as that goes. Just trying to get prepared for the district opener, while trying to gain some depth. I can see Yoakum going 3-2 in their ND schedule. If the younger guys catch on quicker, could very well go 5-0 in ND. I will say, this is the most talented team I've seen the Dogs have. They will go as far as the OL takes them. The revamped offense will not allow them to walk after plays. They better get in shape. They'll need to create that bond that successful teams always seem to have amongst their hogs. Little nasty, yet smart. Take it personnel when the QB get's hit. Kinda like ya'lls and GZ O-lines. Best two lines I seen last year.

See ya in 2 weeks.:wave:

I am being nice!
It should be fun, and yes I agree scrimmages are just that scrimmages. A way to tune up. It took the Brahmas a while to gel last year.......through non-district, and until after our game against El Campo to start playing good ball.

We have a lot of skill players coming back. Two key players on the o-line graduated, but I think we have some kids to step up and fill those spots. The RT should be a beast this year.
Last year, the biggest key was good senior leadership and a close-knit team.
I hope we can replicate that this year.

Looking forward to that scrimmage!

YTBulldogs
08-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Logan was fun to watch. Chip off the old block. His mother was a tremendous athlete herself.

hookandladder
08-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes he pitched the SC game , it is really amazing to watch a team that is not overall blessed with talent to come together as a team and win it all. We had one change made in the lineup and the rest is history,just really hard to believe something you dream about your whole life come true. So proud of this special group of players, a great bond between players.

Pudlugger
08-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Leps are getting ready for two a days. I've seen a few of our boys running in the mid day heat down our Farm to Market road and they lookin' salty. It's almost time folks.

duckhunter
08-04-2013, 01:59 PM
I think you are right about Yoakum having the best athletics since they had in yrs and the Height kid is the best I seen in Yoakum since Davis Sorrell in late 70's when they went to semi finals.
I think 263a will be like last yr. Any team can beat you on any given nite.
Last yr the bottom 3 picked by TF made playoffs and top 3 stayed home.
I never seen that happen. I think you got Giddings picked too high and Gonzales too low
I know a coach at Giddings and he said they are totally rebuilding but as usual they do have speed
Cuero has a very young team with several very good athletics and 2 are freshmen . But they have to totally rebuild the OL
The 2 best Athletics in Dist are Hopkins of Cuero at running back who is also a great safety and Heights from Yoakum
After last I think it's hard to pick this dist. Every town has great fan base and if a team get on a roll and avoids injury any of the 6 could make playoffs and about 3 are capable of winning dist .

IMO the best "athlete" in the district is Khalil McCathern from Smithville. I read on several sites that he is being recruited by OU, Tech, SMU, Baylor, and others. Too bad he plays for Smithville. If he had more talent around him is numbers would be a lot better than what they are. He is also pretty good on the basketball court from what I understand as well

Pudlugger
08-04-2013, 02:23 PM
McCatherin plays safety. Does he play WR or RB on offense as well? He sounds like a force at 6"3 212lbs. Better watch out for the Tigers this year. The Leps have to play them in their stadium which is always tough.

duckhunter
08-04-2013, 02:52 PM
McCatherin plays safety. Does he play WR or RB on offense as well? He sounds like a force at 6"3 212lbs. Better watch out for the Tigers this year. The Leps have to play them in their stadium which is always tough.

Word at Zimmerhanzel's is he will make the move to QB this year. Sounds like the Tigers are hoping he can carry the team to the promise land this year?

hookandladder
08-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Smithville along with most all teams in D 26 had talent on their team last year , Smithvilles team last year was loaded with talent they just did not take care of business. The McCatherin kid is a solid athlete who can play at the next level , from what I have been told he just needs to be more focused on the field. Smithvilles talent will drop off big time this year, I see La Grange, Yoakum , Cuero and Giddings making the playoffs this year.

hookandladder
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Word at Zimmerhanzels anit gonna help them make the playoffs, to many stud athletes have graduated .

jrhernandez7
08-16-2013, 03:33 PM
My Tigers will be in the Mix come late October, I can guarantee you that!
This Is a Very hungry bunch this year, from the coaching staff on down. Coach Childs is just in his second year as head man for Smithville, & in his career. I expect huge improvements across the board.
Smithville did Graduate allot of talent from last years team, but are reloaded with speed to burn! & perhaps the district MVP at their disposal.

Pudlugger
08-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Welcome back jr. The Tigers may well be the dark horse in the D26 shoot out. You have a new coach who knows how to get the best out of his players and the talent to make trouble for the opposition. Good luck to your program this year.

ApachePride
08-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I'll play..

1. Cuero
2. LaGrange
3. Gonzales
4. Giddings
5. Yoakum
6. Smithville

Pudlugger
08-23-2013, 04:31 PM
I'll play..

1. Cuero
2. LaGrange
3. Gonzales
4. Giddings
5. Yoakum
6. Smithville

As much as I'd like to speculate on this I just can't honestly do it. Too much parity in this district. Heck, Smithville could win district and I would not be surprised. They have some fine athletes and a very good coach over in Tiger country. All the others will be stronger this season than last and you know how close things were then. LG won three district games by a single point to win district but lost to Cuero by 14 in week 10. We'll just have to wait and see how it shakes out. One thing for certain it is going to be a heck of a season. Go Leps! :)

Blue42
08-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Got to see some of the scrimmage Thursday at the newly up dated Gobbler stadium the field looked great to bad my oldest did not get to play on it but may little one will now get to play in style.
The Gobblers got a new field and new team this one is completely different than last year’s team.
The Gobblers line is all new as much as I can remember as all the big boys have graduated .
The team is very young and will make the mistakes a young team will make.
The good things are is this team has some real speed something we have not seen the last two years.
The Hopkins kid in huge at least 6’4’’ 220 ish and his little brother looks good too.
The Freshmen kids on the team are all that and a bag of chips .
Hunter is a good QB and vary smart but he will not have the time Blake had last year to throw the ball.
Cuero should do well this year as Travis knows how to get the best out of his boys .

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Got to see some of the scrimmage Thursday at the newly up dated Gobbler stadium the field looked great to bad my oldest did not get to play on it but may little one will now get to play in style.
The Gobblers got a new field and new team this one is completely different than last year’s team.
The Gobblers line is all new as much as I can remember as all the big boys have graduated .
The team is very young and will make the mistakes a young team will make.
The good things are is this team has some real speed something we have not seen the last two years.
The Hopkins kid in huge at least 6’4’’ 220 ish and his little brother looks good too.
The Freshmen kids on the team are all that and a bag of chips .
Hunter is a good QB and vary smart but he will not have the time Blake had last year to throw the ball.
Cuero should do well this year as Travis knows how to get the best out of his boys .
:thumbsup:

Dog_e_styl
08-25-2013, 08:22 AM
How about moving our fastest players (couple LB'ers) to the secondary? DB's now, have the speed to play LB. Until our wounded return at district time.

Glad scrimmages proven our lack of speed back there.

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Easy Dog. That Refugio QB and WR's are some pretty good ones. Not sure many opponents will have that combo. I seen some bad foot work, angles taken by the secondary. We'll be ok back there. And, not like Bellville isn't state ranked for nothing too. Some tough opponents we faced. Yes, we have work to do. And, it will be fine come the time it matters. As I recall, last year was a work in progress till district came around. Short memory Dog? It's scrimmages man. LOL.

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Anyone have an update on GZ/Columbus scrimmage Friday? What "O" does Columbus run now? Thanks in advance.

bd62
08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Easy Dog. That Refugio QB and WR's are some pretty good ones. Not sure many opponents will have that combo. I seen some bad foot work, angles taken by the secondary. We'll be ok back there. And, not like Bellville isn't state ranked for nothing too. Some tough opponents we faced. Yes, we have work to do. And, it will be fine come the time it matters. As I recall, last year was a work in progress till district came around. Short memory Dog? It's scrimmages man. LOL.

I agree. No team Yoakum play will see a QB that has the hand speed to zip it
60 yds. With no effort and it's hard to cover guys that can fly down field
Like Refugio has. You can play your safeties deep but then they burn you
With 20 yds passes and then go the distance. Travis Q is
Special. As a outside observer the things Yoakum has to
Work on is line play on both sides of ball. And wrapping up
On tackling. Too many guys hitting hard but Refugio backs were
Just keeping there balance and making more yardage. Scrimmaging a team
Like Refugio is good because it shows the things you need to work on.
Yoakum has plenty of talent at skill positions but there execution is not
There yet. Also if that center don't get that ball to punter I look
For some major problems Friday cus Columbus will bring the house after there
Scouts saw that last friday nite

YTBulldogs
08-25-2013, 04:23 PM
re
Also if that center don't get that ball to punter I look
For some major problems Friday cus Columbus will bring the house after there
Scouts saw that last friday nite

Yup, yup. And, that was against air. No rush. Miss lil' Blake, who handled that chore last few years.