PDA

View Full Version : So I have had this can for about 18 years and inside........

lostaussie
07-19-2013, 09:26 AM
is a set of Baseball cards and a piece of gum just like you would buy at the store. But...........this particular can came from a Rangers game a long time ago with a guaranteed rookie card of one Ivan Pudge Rodriquez. No one knows what other cards are in the can or which Pudge card is in it. There in lies the mystery. I am not per say wanting to get rid of the can but I am trying to figure out if it would be worth anything, especially if he goes into Cooperstown at some point. I have thought about trying to get him to autograph it. Probably wouldn't be to hard to get done. Any thoughts or comments??

Is it junk and I should open it:D

Is it gonna be worth something and continue to sit on it?

Farmersfan
07-19-2013, 09:37 AM
is a set of Baseball cards and a piece of gum just like you would buy at the store. But...........this particular can came from a Rangers game a long time ago with a guaranteed rookie card of one Ivan Pudge Rodriquez. No one knows what other cards are in the can or which Pudge card is in it. There in lies the mystery. I am not per say wanting to get rid of the can but I am trying to figure out if it would be worth anything, especially if he goes into Cooperstown at some point. I have thought about trying to get him to autograph it. Probably wouldn't be to hard to get done. Any thoughts or comments??

Is it junk and I should open it:D

Is it gonna be worth something and continue to sit on it?

I have 2 (very valuable) CJ wilson bobblehead dolls I'll trade for it! :clap::cheerl:

D'Highlander
07-19-2013, 10:01 AM
I have 2 (very valuable) CJ wilson bobblehead dolls I'll trade for it! :clap::cheerl:

Don’t take the deal... Now if FF had CJ and Hamilton bobble heads and an autographed bottle of head and shoulders... :thinking:

lostaussie
07-19-2013, 10:13 AM
This is going just about the direction I figured:D

GreenMonster
07-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Personally, I'd leave it alone. Once you open it the mystery is completely gone immediately dropping the value.

Cam
07-19-2013, 11:06 AM
I might consider trading my 1996 full set of Pokemon cards for it!.......

lostaussie
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Personally, I'd leave it alone. Once you open it the mystery is completely gone immediately dropping the value.yep, I have no plans of opening it up. Just don't think it is worth to much though......if anything.

movethechain
07-19-2013, 12:59 PM
FWIW, I have had a Nolan Ryan - Starting Lineup Figure in the Stadium thing, unopened, for 15-20 years. Checked ebay and they are selling for like $9.95. It's a cool item to have and I wouldn't sell it, just as you have a cool item, regardless of value.