PDA

View Full Version : Post State 7 on 7 Championship

bulldog82
07-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Now that it's over , what did everyone think of the location ?

buckeyebob
07-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I give it a 5...patrking would keep me from giving it an attaboy.

Matthew328
07-14-2013, 09:12 AM
A lot of people liked the parking because they could park close to the fields instead of walking....the in and out was tough.....I loved the fact we had more hotel and restaurant choices

YTBulldogs
07-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Loved it, kid's loved it. Glad they opened the field up around the "HQ" location for parking on Friday. If, it's held there in future, maybe water the fields more prior to tourney? And, get those who manufacture those misting fan's to set up several "cooling stations" for the fan's around the fields. They'll do it, for a chance to show off their products I bet.

Give it 7 out of 10.:2thumbsup Restroom's kinda far. Maybe put a few porty potty's in the woods? Seen a few use the tree's back around field 1 and 2.

Well return. Had a great experience and Adidas did a great job with the freebe's. As you Matt, like to see the team's in their own team colors. I think that can be done in a couple weeks by the tournament vendor sponsor in the future.

This thing is only gonna get bigger and better (we are Texas after all) and I congratulate those who put this on this year.

hollywood
07-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Loved the location. As Matt mentioned, better choice of eating and hotel establishments. I have a relative that lives 2 miles from the complex so it made it real convenient! I liked the set up because you could park close to the fields and watch your team and pool. Maybe a few more if the games were close. BUT, if you wanted to watch another team or pool in between others, the walk or drive was rediculous in that heat. Fields were very spread out. Sville was on field 11 in pool play... We wanted to catch Graham, Bwd, and Gilmer so we had to walk to the opposite side of the complex (at least 1/2 mile) to do so. Although the heat was horrendous which made the walks pretty damn hot, being runners we were able to tolerate it somewhat! Lol Having Adidas sponsor was cool but hate the fact everyone looks the same. Need to incorporate school colors in the future.

I will tell you this, Louie Mueller's BBQ was freakin fantastic. We didn't get a chance to try any others due to time, but wow! Best brisket I've ever eaten IMO! No joke. Ribs were freakin HUGE! Good but not the best I've had. Sauage was really good but again not the best I've had. Very cool old time BBQ atmosphere. Now, I haven't eaten Franklin's, Black, Snow's etc. for what it's worth. Will do so in the near future!

Yoe_09
07-14-2013, 01:02 PM
The parking was good and bad. Yes, you were close to the fields, but as mentioned, the in and out process just took too long.

Music +....played a lot of Maybach Music which is definitely a plus.....just need to make sure it is not playing in the middle of the games.
Parking - ....I would rather walk a little further if I can get out quicker.
Food & Hotels +....Just more selections in this area. Ate at the Cheddars across from the hotel.....very good. Also got a chance to meet some folks for Port Isabel.

If Leander had some more parking, I could see it staying at a facility like this.

Matthew328
07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
I have heard after 2014 it will likely not return to College Station...let the bidding begin...

YTBulldogs
07-14-2013, 09:41 PM
I have heard after 2014 it will likely not return to College Station...let the bidding begin...

Assume it provided a profit to the community that host's it, right? Or, is it too taxing on the city government to cover? IE: Police, EMS, park workers, etc.

Like to know the attendance numbers they estimated the event garnered.

Matthew328
07-14-2013, 09:58 PM
The community turns a profit without question....Ms Yawn from the Round Rock CVB estimates it will generate over a million dollars to the local economy.....there's not much cost to the city to run it....staff some extra workers at the park for 3 days, there were just a few extra police to control traffic....that's really about it...there wasn't any EMS on site...only trainers which are covered by entry fees of teams....

Yoe_09
07-14-2013, 10:34 PM

And where do you see it ending up?

I still think Waco (if there happened to be a facility) or "The Sports Capital of Texas" http://www.sportscapitaloftexas.com/round-rock-texas/sports-facilities/old-settlers-park-3300-palm-valley-blvd-78664 would be the best locations for this.

YTBulldogs
07-14-2013, 10:49 PM
The community turns a profit without question....Ms Yawn from the Round Rock CVB estimates it will generate over a million dollars to the local economy.....there's not much cost to the city to run it....staff some extra workers at the park for 3 days, there were just a few extra police to control traffic....that's really about it...there wasn't any EMS on site...only trainers which are covered by entry fees of teams....

I seen about a dozen over-sized bike cops in the medium, under a tent, as you exit the parking area. Never seen them patrol in the park by the fields though. Seen a couple EMS units respond into the park, and one was standing by near those cops later.

Curious why CS don't want it back Matt? Or, is it they can't due to SEC rule?

Matthew328
07-14-2013, 11:00 PM
Waco doesnt have the facility right now to host it....the only facilities I'm aware of that are not on college campuses are the two in Round Rock, Frisco and San Antonio

Matthew328
07-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I seen about a dozen over-sized bike cops in the medium, under a tent, as you exit the parking area. Never seen them patrol in the park by the fields though. Seen a couple EMS units respond into the park, and one was standing by near those cops later.

Curious why CS don't want it back Matt? Or, is it they can't due to SEC rule?

Wow a dozen?? I only saw at most five under there but I know where you are talking about...I'm guessing EMS was already on normal duty and wasn't extra staffed for the event alone...with trainers on every field I'm sure EMS would only be called if they were needed..even still the cost of those guys pales in terms of cost to the city for having hotels and restaurants staffed with patrons....

College Station wants it...bad...problem is State 7 on 7 board really doesnt want to be there w/o it being at A&M....unless College Station blows it away next yr it won't be back..hotels just too hard to come by and too expensive...I saved 120$ alone this year in Round Rock...stayed at same chain for the same amt of nights

buckeyebob
07-15-2013, 07:35 AM

I heard from good source that the deal was already done...it will be @ "College Station" the city, not A&M

Matthew328
07-15-2013, 09:20 AM
I heard from good source that the deal was already done...it will be @ "College Station" the city, not A&M

Yes that was decided about 18 months ago when the NCAA passed their new ruling

cougartino
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
It could benefit from a few more food vendors.