PDA

View Full Version : PRECIOUS METALS VS STOCKS: Who ya got???

regaleagle
07-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Man, I've noticed from some of my emails that the precious metalers and stockmarketers are doing war out there for your almighty dollar. I mean....they've always been on opposing sides of the fence, but when gold and silver prices took a plunge earlier this summer, the stockers came out of the woodwork while the metalers were preaching "buy all you can at this cheap price because this is only a market correction". The dollar is being printed 24/7 and apparently this will continue for the next 2 yrs. Now gold and silver are slowly moving back up the past several days. It will be interesting to see just how high gold and silver will rise after this market adjustment. Some say the correction was "orchestrated" by those holding many many ounces by selling off huge quantities to drive the price down. Now they are buying at bargain prices again while most panicked and sold....moving their investment dollars into stocks. The stockers are happy for now, but the metalers that sold high and are now buying low are just thrilled. Meanwhile, John Q Public watches the game from the stands. But I did jump in on the metalers side of the fence when the silver was below $20, I'll hafta admit. So I guess you can say I'm favoriin' the metalers to come out on top eventually. Meanwhile, the stockers are working hard to make a killing on the short run....good luck on that, lol.

Farmersfan
07-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I watched the movie "In time" last night with Justin Timberlake. Good show! but it struck me as odd that I have felt about the American stock market for years now the same as I felt about the people in the movie that controlled the allocation of Time. There are far, far, far too many people with the ability to manipulate the markets these days. I have dabbled some in the OTC stocks (pink sheets) and it's amazing to me how many companies manipulate the penny stocks in obvious pump and dump schemes and they get away with it time after time after time. They hire other companies who specialize in pumping a penny stock to the public with lies and exaggerations on forums like this and then when they get the price up they sell Billions of company owned shares and drive the price into the dirt. They will then turn around and start the process all over again. Ever wonder how a company can have a trillion shares of stock sold at .00001 per share? The SEC is a big joke and really isn't interested in protecting the small time investor. Ok, i'm off my soapbox.

Farmersfan
07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
3 years ago I invested in a startup company for .5 a share. After a year or so the SEC came in and shut them down for violations of SEC regulations. The SEC froze over 5 million in assets and turned it over to a law firm (receivership) to "collect and distribute" to the shareholders. (after the SEC got their fine money of course). It's been over 2 years now and the law firm has already eaten up the entire 5 million in liquid assets and has not paid out a single penny to any stockholder. This law firm exists for this purpose and this purpose ONLY. They handle receivership situations for the SEC and do nothing else. The SEC came in to protect the investor and handed every penny to a law firm with full knowledge the law firm would milk the situation for every single dollar and never pay out to any stockholder. And they do this every single day in this country. If you think the IRS is a bunch of crooks, look into the SEC!

GreenMonster
07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
If you are going to buy precious metals make sure you buy physical metal not just the paper that says you own it. If the market ever were to crash all of the paper precious metal in the world won't help you at all. Have your gold or silver in hand (preferably in a safe place) and not just the "title" to it. Just my $0.02.

BwdLion73
07-12-2013, 03:18 PM
When I read a discussion about precious metals and investments I always think back to my Economics Prof. around 1975 he told me that he felt gold was the way to go and that he was moving all his investments and buying Gold. I remember since I was young and knew everything I laughed and thought ...and this goof is trying to teach me!

If he is still alive I bet he's one happy camper.;)

regaleagle
07-13-2013, 02:47 AM
I'm a native South Texan from a small town....enuff said. Do you think I would EVER buy a precious metal and not have it certified and delivered in hand??? Paper(like dollar bills) is for goats(sorry Fredericksburg...that's no reflection on you). Buy your precious metals from a reputable dealer that can certify and guarantee a 100% buyback on it. I recommend APMEX highly. Their pricing over spot is highly competitive and their product lineup is second to none. They are located in OKC, and I think you will find them to be very helpful. I've bought 3 times this year from them and feel very secure doing business with them. I checked out other dealers in the industry, but they seem to have the best deals and service overall. There is no minimum purchase with them either. Heck, I'm not really buying anything...I'm just trading paper dollars for physical bullion at what I am convinced is a bargain amount at this time. I'm accumulating all I can as cheaply as I can as quickly as I can while I can. And I hope the stuff goes thru the roof in the next 5 yrs. If it don't....no big deal. I just don't think I can lose any money buying silver under $35/ oz....and I don't want to wake up one day and find out the dollar nosedived and is no longer the world's currency of choice.

PS>>>>Today's price over spot was 23.34/oz....a $3 increase over just the other day when I locked in my order that is yet to be shipped. I won't divulge how many ounces I ordered, but it was more than 100 and less than 1000.:wave:

Farmersfan
07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Historically Silver and gold have NOT performed even close to the Stock Market. If wealth building is your goal then stocks are still your best bet.
Look at the attached 100 year history of Gold and Silver. Then compare it to the Stock Market.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1333/gold-and-silver-prices-100-year-historical-chart

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/djia1900.html

Farmersfan
07-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Also keep in mind that the only two significant spikes in Gold prices was in the early 80's when the computer was becoming a trend and they needed gold to use as a conductor in the electronics and then again just recently when the market crashed so bad. The first time the price of Gold corrected and dropped considerable and it is following suit now............

regaleagle
07-16-2013, 05:16 AM
You can't compare what's happening with the economies of the world today with any other time in past history. Currencies around the globe are printing paper 24/7 to keep their trading equivalent to the US since the world currency is the dollar and most countries base their trading off the dollar. If the US expands its currency printing, it forces the other nations to do the same to keep pace. The Fed is trying to pay off debt by printing 24/7, but now we owe trillions and raising the interest rate will cause further problems. More dollars in play means inflation which begets higher prices at a time when the devaluation of the dollar further disrupts your purchasing power, which in turn stagnates the economy even further. Compounding this effect would be even a small increase in interest rates, an increase in unemployment rates, and further stagnation of the economy, causing a loss of confidence worldwide in the dollar. Dollars would be "unloaded" and become devalued overnight worldwide, thereby escalating precious metals to highs never seen. The Stock Market would dive like a sinking ship in the mad rush to convert to precious metals. NO SIR...stocks at this time in history are not exactly the best choice for your investment dollars. There will always be "certain" stocks that perform well in a downturn, but on the whole I'm putting all my eggs in the precious metals basket nowadays.

BwdLion73
07-16-2013, 08:23 AM
I dont think putting all your eggs in one basket is a good idea. Gold does not depend on a product sale like an investment fund that is deversified. Seems to me that the price of gold is driven by Giant holders who hord until they get it to a point where they dump it on the market for a profit. When the price plummets from the large sales the same people then buy the gold back and start the marketing process again. There sure are a ton of advertisements out there telling everone to BUY GOLD!

If you have market diversity some investments can have bad days without sinking your ship. Just my strategy and I could be wrong.

Farmersfan
07-16-2013, 08:57 AM
You can't compare what's happening with the economies of the world today with any other time in past history. Currencies around the globe are printing paper 24/7 to keep their trading equivalent to the US since the world currency is the dollar and most countries base their trading off the dollar. If the US expands its currency printing, it forces the other nations to do the same to keep pace. The Fed is trying to pay off debt by printing 24/7, but now we owe trillions and raising the interest rate will cause further problems. More dollars in play means inflation which begets higher prices at a time when the devaluation of the dollar further disrupts your purchasing power, which in turn stagnates the economy even further. Compounding this effect would be even a small increase in interest rates, an increase in unemployment rates, and further stagnation of the economy, causing a loss of confidence worldwide in the dollar. Dollars would be "unloaded" and become devalued overnight worldwide, thereby escalating precious metals to highs never seen. The Stock Market would dive like a sinking ship in the mad rush to convert to precious metals. NO SIR...stocks at this time in history are not exactly the best choice for your investment dollars. There will always be "certain" stocks that perform well in a downturn, but on the whole I'm putting all my eggs in the precious metals basket nowadays.

This kinds of market analysis have taken place for over 100 years Regal. We have no way of predicting what will happen in the future and you could be 100% correct. But historic trends say otherwise. And those historic trends sent a whole lot of people who thought like you to the poor house. Diversify for sure but you MUST take advantage of the big upswings in market value.

Dow Jones Industrial Average:

1 year= 24.45%
3 year= 17.43%
5 year= 10.23% Includes a huge fall in 2008
10 year= 8.16.
YTD right now= 19.74%

I have a little money in a SPDR S&P 500 ETF. 1 year 20.24% and 3 year 18.35%. This mimics the S & P 500 index.............. My in-laws sold out of most of their mutual funds and bonds right after the fall in 2008 (while the market was down so far) and deposited cash and CDs. I tried to warn them not to bail when the market is down but to no avail. They have earned less than 2% on their money the past 5 years while the market has almost completely recovered. The Dow was overvalued at 14000 before it dropped so bad in 2008 and it now sits at about 15400. Expect another fall to about 12000 soon (about 22%) and that should trigger a buying opportunity. Just my opinion though.

Phantom Stang
07-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Sure wish Old Cardinal was still posting.
He really knew/knows what he's talking about when it comes to this stuff.

regaleagle
07-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm not flipping the switch right away to precious metals completely, but I am doing lots of research and studying what's going on behind the scenes that is being kept under wraps. I'd like to accumulate another 1000 oz. of silver before the end of the year, though. I'm onto silver....not gold. Silver is just a safer bet in my opinion, and not nearly as expensive. But if the metals DO happen to move bullishly into the stratosphere in the next couple of years, silver has so much more room to make up ground on it's historic value of 1/16th the value of gold. Silver is highly used in today's technological product manufacturing, and is a wonder metal for many reasons. It's supply above ground is basically used up right now compared to gold. Sitting on 5000 oz. of silver is equivalent to holding less than 100 oz. of gold at today's values for each, which is a 1:50 silver to gold ratio.....silver is either way UNDERvalued right now, or gold is heavily OVERvalued. Regardless, it makes a great case to look at silver over gold in today's market. This is such as disparity over historical values of silver to gold that I believe silver is a great investment, not even counting all the other reasons to look at silver rising greatly in the coming years.

regaleagle
07-20-2013, 09:59 PM
To further illustrate my point, let's take a look at each metal with x amt. of dollars invested, forecasting a return for gold to the $2000/oz. mark by this time next year, as many experts are predicting. Lets assume you invest $130,000 in either metal(use any number you wish) at today's spot prices. Today's gold is hovering at approx. $1300/oz. and silver @ approx. $20/oz. I will use $130,000 to make the math easy. Trading $130,000 dollars for gold at today's price will net you right at 100 oz. If you swapped out the same $130,000 for silver today, that would get you about 6500 oz. Now let's do the math and see what happens in comparison if both these metals rise as is predicted to gold's $2000 level it reached about a yr. ago.

Gold: 100 oz. X $2000/oz. = $200,000.....a $70,000 gain on investment($200,000-$130,000).

Silver: 6500 oz. x $125/oz.(1/16 of $2000) = $812,500.....a $682,500 gain on investment($812, 500-$130,000).

To some, these numbers may seem incomprehensible, but they are not. Gold was over $1900 just a yr ago, and silver is so much below its historical value in relation to gold that it will ultimately jump its way back up to where it has historically been. These numbers just illustrate what is not only possible, but very probable within the next year or so. Many factors point to gold eclipsing the $3000/oz. plateau sometime in 2015, while silver incrementally makes leaps forward to the $200/oz. range....with experts calling this the BEGINNING of the largest transfer of wealth in our lifetime. The Beginning, they say. After some "normal" level offs and maybe even small drops, some are predicting this bull market to last another 7 yr. cycle like previous ones and for the numbers to eventually escalate to over $5000/oz. for Gold and calling it not "far-fetched at all" to see silver hit $500/oz. These are unprecedented HUGE numbers for those holding the metals, and the transfer would be world-changing....as China is now the world's largest holder of physical gold and is on pace to buy one year's worth of mined gold this year alone, which represents over 200 tonnes. The US total gold reserve at present to thought to be around 70 tonnes, to give you an example. All of this information is available for anyone who wishes to do due diligence to simply search articles on the internet for gold and silver(Gold & Silver.com is a good place to start). My due diligence has been active with subscribed newsletters for this kind of info. for about 9 mos. now. If you are concerned about the economy and the value of your investments and how they may be at risk in the near future, these newsletters are full of news you will not hear from mainstream media. And it's world news, not just what's happening here in the US. And it includes all currencies, all investment types, the stockmarkets here and abroad, and practically anything that has to do with economies and money globally. Interesting stuff, to be sure.

regaleagle
07-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Let's summarize and conclude. It is my opinion that silver represents not only the safest investment for my printed dollars today, but perhaps the one with the most potential for huge gain. How many investments have you ever seen that could ever be these two things at once??? Today there exists so many factors and issues that point toward a collapse of our US economic standard of living here in America that it bodes well for swapping printed dollars for precious metals...esp. at today's bargain prices of silver. Not only is this true here in the US, but the ramifications are felt worldwide since the dollar is today's global reserve currency for international trade. IF the spin doctors(Bernanke and the Fed for now) can somehow rein-in our runaway debt problems(not likely) and keep the real spin doctors(BIG MONEY) from having their way with the economies of the world(again, not likely) I think my physical silver in hand is still safe at today's cost to convert over. The risks associated with the stock market are based on the dollar, for the most part. And the risks are high, to be sure. Individually, you must get "lucky", kinda like going to Vegas. Controlling what happens to individual stock investments, even within sectors like energy, food, and raw materials, is like shooting craps and making your point...just too many other outcomes are probable. Common sense and centuries of history have tipped the scales toward the precious metals market for me with all the issues confronting the economies of the nations of the world today. When the dust settles, those who have the gold make the rules, OR those that have the gold are already making the rules(more likely). Have you ever heard of the Bilderburgs? One World Order? The Illuminati? The distance in average standards of living worldwide is closing, with these organizations benefitting the most(and its members thereof).

regaleagle
08-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Yesterday was August 15, 2013....the day it all started. What started??? The ascent of precious metals from their bottoms. So what's the big deal? Your economic well-being, that's what. There's no turning back now, and the Central planners have gambled and lost to squash the gold market worldwide. You will see a bull market in precious metals take off now that changes the entire financial landscape of citizens and countries worldwide, and their standards of living. The wealth transfer is taking place right under our noses at this very moment, and most Americans are in the dark. If you have no money to trade for precious metals, you'll have even less in a year from now. I don't have enough either, but whatever I can possibly squeeze out from business capital to run my contracting business I'm converting to silver as this thing takes its full shape. There is still some time left, but my advice to is get online and start doing some due diligence on gold/silver, the world economies, and what's happening in Asia. KING WORLD NEWS(kwn.com) Gold/Silver.com, and other sites are worth their salt on what's being squashed by the American media outlets, and for good reason. Wake up and smell the coffee....look in the mirror....hug your wife and kids....and use the brain God gave you. Your family's future and your financial well-being are now at great risk....moreso than at anytime ever before. If I didn't whole-heartedly believe this I wouldn't be writing these words now. Someone on here should sound the trumpet....I didn't expect it to be me. I hope I'm wrong and the experts are wrong, but it don't look good for the masses. Take heed now and see for yourself if the evidence is overwhelming in favor of precious metals ownership over the dollar.....just for you and your family's sake. That is all for now.

regaleagle
01-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Well....it's now January 3, 2014 and the markets are still climbing to unprecedented highs. The Fed is in a battle to uphold the dollar they continue to print 24/7, creating free money out of thin air for themselves to the tune of $80B/mo. The battle continues for the Fed to depress Gold(and Silver), keep the stock market rising, and supporting the dollar from free-falling in order to maintain its world reserve currency status against the emerging Chinese Yuan and Bitcoin. All of this to prop up an American and world economy that is teetering on the brink of collapse. The BIG MONEY will have to choose between inflation and deflation. Deflation helps the common worker and brings prices back to an affordable state, but those that have the most to lose, the RICHIES, want to Fed to keep inflating the dollar as long as possible. When the interest rates start rising here in the US like in Japan, everything will become more expensive for John Q. Public. Next will be massive cuts in govt. subsidies....food stamps, Medicare, unemployment compensation, etc. and large tax increases just to pay the monthly interest on the huge debt we are creating by the minute. The Federal Reserve is not a federal institution, but a privately-owned grouping of banks worldwide to control the money supply of the world's reserve currency....the dollar. The dollar was taken off of the gold standard back in the Nixon era, or the US would have gone bust back in the early 70's. Since then, every other currency in the world is tied to the "floating balloon" of the dollar. As the dollar goes so does the world's economies. China is buying up gold at astounding rates around the world at these bargain depressed prices with the Feds blessings to keep the dollar propped...for now. When they decide to no longer support the dollar with their US Treasury Bond purchases to keep the game going, the Fed will be forced to raise interest rates(inflation) to keep the dollar from free-falling. But that will only cause more problems for our economy....loss of more jobs, stifle spending, manufacturing, investment, etc....which means less taxes for the government to operate on. It's just a matter of time before this whole machine breaks and the dollar loses its world reserve currency status. When that happens(and it's happening now) your spending power is drastically reduced. It will take much more dollars to buy even the basics of life. Where will you get this extra money when there's no support and only a declining America??? Do you have any precious metals? Gold and silver will soar in price....your only hedge(insurance policy) against this eventual calamity. The powers that be could at some point reset the value of gold(and silver) like FDR did in the Great Depression to help resolve some of these unsustainable actions. I am now hearing about a possible reset of gold this year(2014) to a value in the $10K/oz. range. This would give the dollar, the US economy, the world markets, and everybody but the Fed a way out of this coming economic catastophie that now appears to be eminent. If that were to happen, a wealth transfer around the world would almost instantly occur, and those holding precious metals would be the beneficiaries of this forced decision. The markets would drop overnight, but would be able to find equilibrium and stay afloat. A new gold standard would probably be put into effect worldwide using a newly-created currency as the new world reserve currency in a consortium of nations overseeing its control. In the meantime, be prepared for the worst in 2014. Trade your worthless, devalued dollars for gold or silver when you can. Whatever happens will not be good for those holding dollars. The dollar is doomed....any way you look at it. Bitcoin may become a viable alternative in the short run, if the Fed doesn't outlaw it this year for competing with the dollar for world commerce. Do your due diligence and get ready for some rough times ahead. This whole outcome is coming to neighborhood near you soon.

regaleagle
01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
My recommendation: Right now the price of silver and gold has been depressed(manipulated) downward by the Fed(banksters) for obvious reasons to very low bargain prices. Silver is right at $20/oz.(spot price) and gold has dropped below $1200, for the time being. It would be wise to dump some of your worthless dollars for silver right now while it's on the cheap. Gold is not as depressed as silver based on many different factors I won't go into now....but suffice it to say silver is your best hedge(insurance) against a falling devalued dollar. Start "stacking" yesterday with whatever dollars you have leftover each month to trade out of. Start somewhere....while it's on the cheap, cheap. One hundred dollars today will get you about 5 oz. of silver. If by the end of 2014 silver has soared to $100/oz.....you will have turned every $20 traded for $100, a five-fold increase. This is a very real possibility, and you just can't expect silver or gold to drop much more....only to start climbing from here on out. Good luck and God Bless.

caleb_mccaig
01-03-2014, 04:31 PM
One of my friends got some silver bullion for Christmas from his parents, I'm pretty sure that's not even legal to own lol. I've been getting $20 worth of those 1964 dime's that are 90% silver. I think you can say our parents are preparing for the World to go to hell.

regaleagle
01-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Silver bullion or gold bullion is accepted as money the world over, and is NOT illegal to own. I have a stash myself. There's lots of counterfeits hitting the market right now from Asia, mainly in the form of small 1 oz., 5 oz., 10 oz., and 100 oz. bars. Be careful to buy bullion and coins from reputable dealers that offer a 100% buyback guarantee. Bullion(bars) will need to be certified and assayed for authenticity without certain marks from the producer. That is an extra cost when you sell. That's one of the reasons why you pay a higher premium for coins....they are very difficult to counterfeit(and it costs more to make them). But you get more back when you sell them. So don't let the premium of Silver Eagles or Maple Leafs steer you away. These are the two most accepted coins worldwide....and are minted at .999 Fine.

regaleagle
01-06-2014, 05:45 AM
BTW, for your information a few states, including Texas, have now passed a law that allows gold and silver coins to now be used to buy and sell. There is now no longer a tax or capital gain on selling your precious metals as long the the sale remains below $10,000 per transaction. I'm thinking this is the correct amt. but would have to go back and find the article in my newsletter to be sure that was the correct amount. It rings a bell to be the right amount, anyway. When you start seeing states enact new laws allowing for the use of precious metals as a form of money again, that should get your attention and a light should go on...or a big neon sign...telling you something. I think so far 5 states have ratified the use of PM's as money recently. It is still treated as an investment(commodity) in most other states, but not in Texas now.

Farmersfan
01-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Price of Gold on Aug 16, 2013 when you predicted it was the beginning of "The ascent of precious metals from their bottoms".= 1369.00 oz

Price of gold today= 1226.00 oz.

The "Sky is falling" mentality has put millions of people in the poor house when dealing with the stock market. My American Funds AMCAP fund returned 29.01% in 2013. (after fees). Panic forces a buy high and sell low approach to investing.... I can't tell you how often people would walk into my office and want to buy the latest "HOT" stock after it had been reaching all time highs for several weeks. Or they would insist on selling a stock they were holding after several weeks of it dropping to all time lows. Of course as the broker it was my fault when their "HOT" stock didn't continue to go through the roof or when the failed stock they sold went back up to it's previous price or higher.

Farmersfan
01-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Unless I have missed it somewhere precious metals are still classified as Collectibles and are still subject to long term and short term capital gains tax rates for Collectibles. Even the Long Term Capital gains rate of 15% on investments doesn't apply to Collectibles. The long term rate is set at a maximum of 28%. (It's based on your income tax level). Please share a link if all this has changed.

Saggy Aggie
01-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I just can't see how owning bricks of gold or any other metal is going to help you if things go south? You think people are gonna be lining up to buy metal in a depression? I wouldn't count on it and wouldn't want my livelihood to depend on it... Not to mention metals haven't performed anywhere remotely close to as well as the stock market has.

My investment is going to be through mutual funds

Saggy Aggie
01-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Price of Gold on Aug 16, 2013 when you predicted it was the beginning of "The ascent of precious metals from their bottoms".= 1369.00 oz

Price of gold today= 1226.00 oz.

The "Sky is falling" mentality has put millions of people in the poor house when dealing with the stock market. My American Funds AMCAP fund returned 29.01% in 2013. (after fees). Panic forces a buy high and sell low approach to investing.... I can't tell you how often people would walk into my office and want to buy the latest "HOT" stock after it had been reaching all time highs for several weeks. Or they would insist on selling a stock they were holding after several weeks of it dropping to all time lows. Of course as the broker it was my fault when their "HOT" stock didn't continue to go through the roof or when the failed stock they sold went back up to it's previous price or higher.

Can't fix stupid ff. This is why the stock market is not for everyone.

regaleagle
01-14-2014, 08:35 PM
The stock market has been propped by the Federal Reserve since 2008 in this money printing effort to keep the US and world economies from tanking. The last several years many investors have made remarkable gains in the stock markets worldwide, and certainly here on Wallstreet. Unfortunately, the record highs that have been recorded over these past few years have not had a positive effect on jobs, manufacturing, retail sales, or just about any other economic indicator that the economy is moving in a favorable direction. And right now, the fear is that the markets are just about "topped out". When, not if, this end-game with the Fed does begin to unwind, it will happen fast. The money will run away from the stock investments seeking safety somewhere. Those heavily leveraged in the markets will not simply watch their investments as they begin dropping like boulders.....they will sell as fast as they can. But who will be buying??? PM's are simply an insurance hedge used by even the largest banks to guard against total capitulation. But what of the common working man? What can he do to sustain his family when his dollars become worth half of what they were? A small stash of silver or gold eagles as a hedge would do wonders to help offset the loss of the purchasing power of the dollars he does have. You have a choice right now....an affordable one that could make all the difference for you and your family to get thru when the sh*%t hits the fan. This lunacy of the Fed cannot and will not end well.....the bubbles will burst and stocks will tumble. And that's the day you will look in the mirror and wonder why you didn't heed the warning signs when you still had the chance. Don't take my word for it.....just do some investigating on your own. There's tons of information available for anyone who may be concerned. Again, good luck and God Bless.

Emerson1
01-20-2014, 01:07 PM
I suck at this whole stock thing. I remember thinking about buying up some Netflix stock when it dropped to the $60s, didn't have the means to do it and now it's above 300. Had another time where a company I already had stock in dropped by half. Thought about dropping everything I had into it, but didn't. Now it's tripled since then :dispntd:

BwdLion73
01-20-2014, 01:41 PM
I just can't see how owning bricks of gold or any other metal is going to help you if things go south? You think people are gonna be lining up to buy metal in a depression? I wouldn't count on it and wouldn't want my livelihood to depend on it... Not to mention metals haven't performed anywhere remotely close to as well as the stock market has.

My investment is going to be through mutual funds

I'm investing in something that everyone will need. You can trade it, barter with it, or use it. Im stocking up on 22 ammunition. ;)

Saggy Aggie
01-22-2014, 09:11 PM
The stock market has been propped by the Federal Reserve since 2008 in this money printing effort to keep the US and world economies from tanking. The last several years many investors have made remarkable gains in the stock markets worldwide, and certainly here on Wallstreet. Unfortunately, the record highs that have been recorded over these past few years have not had a positive effect on jobs, manufacturing, retail sales, or just about any other economic indicator that the economy is moving in a favorable direction. And right now, the fear is that the markets are just about "topped out". When, not if, this end-game with the Fed does begin to unwind, it will happen fast. The money will run away from the stock investments seeking safety somewhere. Those heavily leveraged in the markets will not simply watch their investments as they begin dropping like boulders.....they will sell as fast as they can. But who will be buying??? PM's are simply an insurance hedge used by even the largest banks to guard against total capitulation. But what of the common working man? What can he do to sustain his family when his dollars become worth half of what they were? A small stash of silver or gold eagles as a hedge would do wonders to help offset the loss of the purchasing power of the dollars he does have. You have a choice right now....an affordable one that could make all the difference for you and your family to get thru when the sh*%t hits the fan. This lunacy of the Fed cannot and will not end well.....the bubbles will burst and stocks will tumble. And that's the day you will look in the mirror and wonder why you didn't heed the warning signs when you still had the chance. Don't take my word for it.....just do some investigating on your own. There's tons of information available for anyone who may be concerned. Again, good luck and God Bless.

I understand your point, I really do... but stocks is not short term investing.

The stock market will crash again, and likely soon. I agree with all of th market correction stuff you posted.... BUT, when has the economy ever crashed and not recovered plus some? Never. Every time we hit a recession, it eventually turns around and peaks even higher... its cyclic.

The objective is to buy low and wait 30-40 years until retirement. I'm sure there will be multiple depressions in that time... but including the major depression of 08, the market is steadily climbing. If you think short term doom and gloom, then yeah gold.. or just stockpile cash...but if youre actually INVESTING, anything other than the stock market is wasting your time.

regaleagle
01-23-2014, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry you are not as alarmed as you should be, or perhaps not as versed on the worldwide economies as every American needs to be right now. The US will lose their position as the dominant financial country when the dollar loses its reserve currency status as this coming collapse unfolds. Whether it's the Chinese Renimba or some other currency, this time the New World Order currency will again be backed by gold...believe it. The standard of living we have enjoyed in the US since the 1944 Bretton Woods Agreement will no longer exist. And since 1971 when Nixon removed us completely from the gold standard, the US has printed its way to world dominance in trade. China is now the world's new leader in both trade and gold reserves....a documented fact. They are also the world's largest producer in mining of gold yearly, and do not sell or trade ANY of it. The East(esp. China/India) are countries that have emerging economies....the West(US, Canada, Europe) have economies that are so debt-ridden in enormity there is no answer to solving the delimma for at least another decade or two. The stock market is not money....is not wealth.....it is merely backed by paper. True wealth is and has always been stored in gold(and silver) thru the centuries. It cannot be printed into oblivion, it is scarce. There's not enough above ground in today's world to use as money, but it can be used to back a form of currency that can be supplied to the world. Look for a huge upward push in PM's in 2014. Prepare now for some sort of plan to get you by in the event that a collapse causes a food, energy, and water shortage that could last for as much as a month. Some sort of personal protection might be a good idea also. If you live in a major metro area, you will be in one of the most undesirable areas to be if such a collapse does occur. I'm not close to being prepared myself, but all the signs are showing up and things are coming to a head quickly now. It don't look good for the home team....I know that much for sure.

Farmersfan
01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry you are not as alarmed as you should be, or perhaps not as versed on the worldwide economies as every American needs to be right now. The US will lose their position as the dominant financial country when the dollar loses its reserve currency status as this coming collapse unfolds. Whether it's the Chinese Renimba or some other currency, this time the New World Order currency will again be backed by gold...believe it. The standard of living we have enjoyed in the US since the 1944 Bretton Woods Agreement will no longer exist. And since 1971 when Nixon removed us completely from the gold standard, the US has printed its way to world dominance in trade. China is now the world's new leader in both trade and gold reserves....a documented fact. They are also the world's largest producer in mining of gold yearly, and do not sell or trade ANY of it. The East(esp. China/India) are countries that have emerging economies....the West(US, Canada, Europe) have economies that are so debt-ridden in enormity there is no answer to solving the delimma for at least another decade or two. The stock market is not money....is not wealth.....it is merely backed by paper. True wealth is and has always been stored in gold(and silver) thru the centuries. It cannot be printed into oblivion, it is scarce. There's not enough above ground in today's world to use as money, but it can be used to back a form of currency that can be supplied to the world. Look for a huge upward push in PM's in 2014. Prepare now for some sort of plan to get you by in the event that a collapse causes a food, energy, and water shortage that could last for as much as a month. Some sort of personal protection might be a good idea also. If you live in a major metro area, you will be in one of the most undesirable areas to be if such a collapse does occur. I'm not close to being prepared myself, but all the signs are showing up and things are coming to a head quickly now. It don't look good for the home team....I know that much for sure.

Google stock market doom and gloom or economic disasters and you will see people have been predicting the exact same thing you are predicting for 100 years. Maybe different reasons or different causes but still predicting the collapse of the American economy. Might happen! Probably won't. The only question left to be answered is how much would a rational person be willing to stress over that possibility? I look at it like the possibility of a nuclear war. People can spend decades of their life and every penny they earn preparing for that possibility and many can make a very convincing argument to support their position. But to me I think I would prefer to be one of the first people to be toasted in the initial blast. I don't want to live for 20 years in a underground bunker with radiation sickness and not knowing what I will find once I am able to move back out into the world. Let others live like mole people! And the threat of nuclear war is a real threat but not "REAL" enough to make me act differently.... I have some money in the stock and it has performed very well at times and not very well at others. If the dollar crashes then I will have no money and will have to survive day to day just like I have done my entire life. I don't see how owning a bunch of gold is going to help unless I need something heavy to throw at the neighbor when he tries to steal my chickens.........

regaleagle
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Farmers Fan....you are connected to the business and naturally have a somewhat "biased" viewpoint...too bad. I would recommend you google up King World News and read what some of the world's leading authorities have to say about what's happening. Some have been around since before you and I were born, while others that are more deeply connected than you or I could ever hope to be are "ringing the bells" to find safety. These people are giving us all privy information and years of experience of what can be expected in the very near future....maybe as early as later 2014. Whenever the impending collapse occurs, it is not too soon to start immediately making preparations for what is likely to come as a result. This situation is unlike any other in past recorded history.....only an ostrich with his head in the sand would ignore all the data. Yes, the stock market may continue on its upward trend with the money printing pushing it to heights almost unimaginable, but like a child's building blocks stacked one on top of the other.....ultimately the whole structure will come tumbling down quickly in one fell swoop as the topheaviness of the structure can no longer be supported by its base. The loss of balance in the system will be its undoing. It's just amazing to all those watching worldwide how many manipulations of the structure have so far been able to keep this system together this long. But remember.....it's taken 100 yrs (Since 1913 to be exact) for it to get to where it is today.....virtually unsustainable. Grab all the gusto you can and get out. Move yourself to safety financially as soon as possible. I'm no expert, but I can do due diligence and do have a grasp of economic understanding. It's not my warnings, but those that are deeply connected and know considerably more than you and I will ever know. And it's hordes of them, not just a few. Big Money is already on the long end of things....only the stock market and paper pusher players are left feeding their addictions. They refuse to leave the greatest climbing market in the history of the world....and many will get caught with their pants down when TSHTF. What has now become apparent to all the experts and the BIG MONEY elite is only a matter of when, how, and to what extent. But the results will not be good for the great majority the world over. That's just what history and the laws of economics tells us. This is not the first time for a meltdown of a currency, but this time it affects the entire world as all the world's currencies are tied to the dollar. Regardless of what measures are now being put into place to help offset a total worldwide collapse, the US population will be in deep do-do....even those wealthy individuals that are holding assets that are paper-backed. When the paper loses its value because of a loss of confidence worldwide in it as a store of value, what do you think will happen? I only hope something happens soon to change the course and direction we are headed to. But the Fed has painted itself into a corner, and I'm afraid they will not relent til D-Day happens. I'm not gonna sit idly by and watch from the sidelines....not when I still have choices. I suggest everybody reading these words do your own due diligence while you still can. Good luck and God Bless.

regaleagle
01-23-2014, 03:44 PM
BTW, the Fed is quite aware of the situation and are doing only what is now considered the best possible set of solutions to buy time for as many as possible to find some semblance of safety for themselves while at the same time hoping other arrangements can be made worldwide to bring about a smooth transition for a new world reserve currency to be created. Of course, they are hoping the US can avoid complete economic chaos and disaster, and maybe even be one of the architects in helping to bring about the change to a new world currency. But most think before that happens there will be a time of chaos, and that the world currencies will "unhitch" themselves from the dollar. Trade agreements have already been struck and are now in place between the BRICS nations and others to trade in their own currencies without first converting to the dollar. This scenario will only deepen as the dollar continues its rapid expansion and the US debt increases monthly. At some point in time, the dollar will lose its world reserve status, and that's when the standard of living as we know it here in the US will quickly evaporate.....if that happens before a total dollar collapse happens. Either way, the dollar is doomed and the Fed and most nations of the world know its only a matter of time now. Hopefully, some deals can be struck before the nightmare starts.

Farmersfan
01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
BTW, the Fed is quite aware of the situation and are doing only what is now considered the best possible set of solutions to buy time for as many as possible to find some semblance of safety for themselves while at the same time hoping other arrangements can be made worldwide to bring about a smooth transition for a new world reserve currency to be created. Of course, they are hoping the US can avoid complete economic chaos and disaster, and maybe even be one of the architects in helping to bring about the change to a new world currency. But most think before that happens there will be a time of chaos, and that the world currencies will "unhitch" themselves from the dollar. Trade agreements have already been struck and are now in place between the BRICS nations and others to trade in their own currencies without first converting to the dollar. This scenario will only deepen as the dollar continues its rapid expansion and the US debt increases monthly. At some point in time, the dollar will lose its world reserve status, and that's when the standard of living as we know it here in the US will quickly evaporate.....if that happens before a total dollar collapse happens. Either way, the dollar is doomed and the Fed and most nations of the world know its only a matter of time now. Hopefully, some deals can be struck before the nightmare starts.

The thing is for every single one of those "experts" you tout you can find a dozen others with a different opinion if you chose to look. And your comment " This situation is unlike any other in past recorded history" has been used by a lot of people for 100 years. It isn't a new thing. You chose to embrace the warnings of a select few people but let's not pretend those people are the only ones who have been predicting a future failure. It's been going on since the beginning of civilization in some form or fashion. My Edward Jones experience aside I have always viewed things like this with a skeptical eye. Even if the American dollar becomes completely worthless you have perhaps a 20% chance that the precautions you are currently taking will even help you. You have no way of covering all the possible scenerios. In the first place if you are keeping gold (or other precious metals) with a secure entity like a bank and the dollar falls apart that bank isn't going to honor it's depositors. You will never see what you have placed in their safety deposit box at that point. There will be a all out rush on the banking system and if the banks don't lock down then someone else will enjoy your gold. And if you are keeping these collectables at home and the economy falls apart it is very likely we will be living in total anarchy and you will soon become a target. So your best hope is that it's only a partial collapse and our infrastructure remains in place. You can watch these Doomsday Prepper people on TV all day long spending their life savings to build concrete bunkers and cinder block castles as if they expect that a holocaust is going to time travel everybody back to the 1700s when nobody had dynamite or a D-9 dozer. I don't have a problem with people preparing for the worst possible scenerio but if this preparation costs them now then it's a risk that isn't wise in my opinion. Investing in gold right now is not a bad idea! But only as a means to balance your portfolio. If it causes you to take money out of the REAL market then you will miss out on a lot of growth and it becomes a bad idea. And like I said: If the American economy collapses NOBODY can predict what conditions will be at that time. It's kind like someone who expects an environmental catastrophy soon and puts all their resources into cold whether gear without knowing if it will be cold or hot! If you truly want to prep for the future then find a way to gain ownership of potable water. Drinking water will be the most expensive commodity on earth within our chidlren's lifetime.......

Farmersfan
01-24-2014, 04:03 PM
BTW: Good talk..:cool:

regaleagle
01-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Actually, I don't have my physical in ANY bank building or banking system....that would be a big mistake. Also, I have some spread outside the US borders in a secure place. From my take on things, I feel if some chaos does break loose, it will be a short-lived event lasting no longer than one month at the most....but probably more like a week or two to stabilize things. I'm not about to spend all my hard-earned cash on Doomsday gear so others can cash in on the hype that may never occur. I'm just saying things don't look good for the dollar and suddenly PM's are looking like a good safety net for now. Having a minimum of 25% of your portfolio in physical, by all indications, looks like the safest and wisest place to be right now. My personal holdings are my personal business, but I did want to share some current economic outlook with the viewers and some sites they could visit to at least get a different perspective from the msm(mainstream media)...which happens to be biased and bogus. Whatever floats your boat is your personal business, just like mine or others....but at least we are discussing some IMPORTANT events going on at this time in the history of this nation that will have an enormous effect on how we will live as a society in these United States in the near future. I just wish this thread would get more people involved in the discussions and more imput/opinions from others. Thanks for at least giving your feelings/opinions on some of the questions many are facing as these economic events unfold worldwide. These next few years could be a life-changing time for many, many US citizens and how they will live their day-to-day lives in the future. I'm not a doom& gloom kinda guy, but I am a realist. Fantasyland just doesn't register too high on my scale. Optimism and realism are not opposites. I'm optimistically hoping some deals can be struck by the powers that be to help avert a collapse or castastrophy in our economy. But if that doesn't come to pass, I think it's wise to have a backup plan in place.....just in case. And a plan that doesn't send you to the poor house to implement. And a plan that doesn't depend on you giving up a large portion of your wealth or savings. This thread isn't really about stocks vs precious metals....that's just the headliners right now.

regaleagle
01-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Consider this: If a person were to cut out some extravagances(whatever your definition of that is for you) monthly and convert just $200/mo. to silver of some sort(there's lots of choices to select from), by the end of the year that person would have amassed a small hedge against inflation(or stagflation), a devaluing dollar, and not been penalized for being a saver. Today's banking system penalizes savers in our economy....by design, naturally. When a currency is backed by gold, this is not the case. At this juncture, there is no penalty for the banking industry to take risks with our deposits. When you deposit money into a bank, there is a legal contract that says it is now their money and your recourse is secondary....did you know that? Ask the depositors in Greece about this situation. That was the "test" case for the system worldwide, and the Central Bankers(CB's) took notice. The ATM's were shut off and the citizens were only allowed $200 Euro per week to withdraw.....when the banks finally did reopen. Many depositors lost huge sums of money that was never returned to some of their asset accounts.....like IRA's and other like vehicles. At some point in the future this could happen if the dollar loses it reserve status.....there is a precedent and talk in some circles about what the govt. may be able to do with certain accts. All I'm saying is to stay on top of the stock market trading levels and what the dollar is doing against the other currencies....those two areas will show up first if there is a big problem happening with our economy regardless of what the msm reports. Keep some cash at home in a safe place. It ain't doing no good in the bank....that's for sure. Get away from the major member banks of the Fed system and seek out a good local credit union to transact your business with....just some friendly advice. Develop some strategies by researching what others may be doing, but don't make senseless Prepper expenditures. Keep everything close to the vest, so to speak. A low profile financially right now is the best medicine, IMO.

regaleagle
02-11-2014, 06:13 AM
I HIGHLY recommend intensive reading of JimWillie at GoldenJackass.com. Once you have read from some of the archived articles up to current daily articles, you will be a much more informed person on what's really happening in the grand scheme of things worldwide and how it will directly impact our standard of living in the US. Also read some of the comments from some of the subscribing readers, as well as guest articles from other well-respected writers that are connected in a huge way to the worldwide financial markets.

BwdLion73
02-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I just want to jump in and tell each of you that your discussion/debate has been refreshing compared to how some threads turn out. No bashing, trashing and idiot calling. Good points on both sides.

regaleagle
02-15-2014, 01:36 AM
UPDATE: Today is Valentine's Day, a Friday, and Gold broke thru its 100 day MA(Moving Avg) to close @ $1386, while Silver punched thru its 100 day MA yesterday and its 200 day MA today. Silver is still below the $30/oz. level at a premium of around 3.39 per coin on Silver Eagles. But Silver is much more volatile than Gold, which means it could and probably will make some big time daily gains in the near future compared to Gold percentagewise. But because Gold is so much more expensive, when it moves even at a lower percentage, the increase is still large. I'm hearing now that many experts in the PM's markets are expecting Gold to hit at least $3000 in 2014, IF there's not a reset on the price. If there is a reset, then perhaps $5000-$7000. Expect Silver to be adjusted back to a Gold/Silver ratio by year's end to somewhere around 20/1. It's been ridiculously devalued the past several years now to about 60/1. The historical ratio has been around the 16/1 level, but that was before all this world currency crisis and when Silver was not being used for technological manufacturing like it is today. There's still time to trade on the cheap, cheap. I'll keep this thread updated. Of course, I'm referencing the spot prices on the physical stuff here, not paper-backed gold stocks.

regaleagle
02-15-2014, 02:22 AM
Correction>>>>Gold busted up thru $1321 on Friday, not $1386. Still, it punched thru the $1300 barrier and got the attention of many investors looking for another bull run for the PM's this year.

regaleagle
02-19-2014, 05:21 AM
There's just a whole lot of stuff going on in the world right now in regards to the worlds economies....but mainly committing criminal acts to keep the US dollar as the world's reserve currency so the 1% Elite can enrich themselves at the expense of not only the eroding American Middle Class, but the masses of the population of the rest of the world. Are you aware of the recent banker deaths of 8 bankers worldwide in the past month alone, and the count is now about 20 within the last several years that were somehow connected in a large way to the banksters and the Fed system and related financial markets. Most were reported by the "owned" MSM as "suicides" or "accidents", but too many have happened and are curiously interrelated with the same industry. One guy was found in his garage with 6 nails driven about his body with a nail gun....that one was a "suicide", haha. Two simply jumped out of their tall office towers to their deaths....one that had called his fiancé and told her he was leaving shortly to meet her. There's just some really questionable(most would call it criminal) activities going on out there to keep certain information squashed that could have major implications upon some wealthy people in the center of all this currency Ponzi scheme taking place not only here in the US, but across other nations as well. The battle to depress Gold/Silver is only one of the activities the banksters use to keep "control" by lining their pockets and placating TPTB(the powers that be) whom they are in bed with.

Farmersfan
02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Inflation Adjusted Returns of Stocks, Bonds, and Gold. 10K invested in each of these over the last almost 2 centuries would have created this inflation adjusted wealth.

Stocks= 5.6 Billion
Bonds= 8 Million
Gold= 28,000

"But in terms of productive growth, gold is a dead asset that will eventually return to its baseline. It produces nothing. It creates nothing. The inflation-adjusted returns of the past 200 years reflect this reality."

http://www.joshuakennon.com/stocks-vs-bonds-vs-gold-returns-for-the-past-200-years/

Saggy Aggie
02-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Hmmm....

regaleagle
02-26-2014, 01:36 PM
A true statement, no doubt. But we are not talking about wealth creation here.....we are talking about survival when those that are at the center of this wealth creation have done so at the expense of our society and the working American Middle Class that kept this country and the better part of the rest of the world's economies healthy. After so many decades(going back past 100 yrs.), TPTB have finally succeeded in total enslaving the American Middle Class....using these devises just as the statistics above show. They have used the stock markets and the bond markets to replace true wealth in manufacturing, industry, and technology. Who owns the big banks, the congress, big industry, all the lobby groups, etc. etc. etc. that brought us to the point where we are today??? And was this done by coincidence, or by methodology? And who reaped the greatest benefits over that period of time? And who were the members of such organizations as the Knights Templar, the Builderburgs, the Illuminati, and many more? And where are they today??? And how wealthy are these families? Gold and silver will be among few hard assets left standing when the destruction takes its course. Flight to safety will not be in paper commodities. Eventually, a new currency, backed partially(at least) by gold will be replace the dollar as the new world reserve currency. When the US dollar loses its position of being the world's reserve currency, then all I can say is you better have something of real value in place to make up for the losses in purchasing power the dollar will experience not only here in North America, but the world over. Our dollars are no longer wanted worldwide, and when that happens we will have to produce as much as we spend as a country to keep the economy from hyperinflating. Our standard of living as most Americans know it will drastically change. Most Americans cannot envision something they have never seen in their lifetime. You'll soon discover where real tangible wealth is stored....and it ain't in paper. Do you think that the Chinese are stupid??? OR any other of the Asian nations that value gold and silver much more than does our society as a whole? Why are Americans so uninformed about Gold and Silver? Because they have been conditioned that way....surprise, surprise. And because the US was and has been since WWII the leader of the world's strongest currency. But those times are gone, and now the US owes more debt than all of the Euro countries combined....is the world leader as the greatest debtor nation in the history of the world. Buckle up and get ready for a new world.....esp. here in the States. And tell me how much your precious stocks are worth when the SHTF that is inevitable and unavoidable now.

Cam
02-26-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm investing in something that everyone will need. You can trade it, barter with it, or use it. Im stocking up on 22 ammunition. ;)

22 ammunition??....you expectin' a cotton tail infestation??....:D

Saggy Aggie
02-26-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't think I'd be stocking up on metals if I was worried about survival.

BwdLion73
02-26-2014, 10:12 PM
22 ammunition??....you expectin' a cotton tail infestation??....:D

Well back in the day we had plenty of rabbit & squirrel in the freezer. Coon hunting at night to sell fur. 22 is cheap and I can piss plenty of people off from quite a ways away if I wanted too. if they want to protect their Gold they can trade some to me for ammo. If I need to I can use mine to take theirs away. I have plenty of weapons that are of higher caliber, however 22 is the way to go long term.

Cottontails are beginning to be a thing of the past. Use to see them and Jackrabbits everywhere.:crying:

regaleagle
02-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't think I'd be stocking up on metals if I was worried about survival.

That's only one part of the equation. Food, water, and ammo are the others. There's lots of sites you can google up on the internet, but I like reading forums where posters are telling what they are doing, what products they use, some of the preparations they have made, and the best guns to buy for the money. Also there is extensive info on what ammo is best...least expensive and most available....ergo to which types of guns are the best to look for. So far hadn't seen much on rocket launchers though, lol. Gotta take them drones out somehow, haha. Or how about an old pickup without the computer chip in it....that would be nice to have. Cell phones have the chip....uh-oh. "How to cook with a solar oven"....they have that stuff, too. You'd be amazed at all the stuff there is.

regaleagle
03-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Today was Friday March 15th, and things are getting mighty dicey out there in the world financial markets. We have this "move" by Putin in Ukraine that was an orchestrated play by the Big Boyz in Washington to claim all the Russian gold stored in their vaults instead of declaring a military conflict....but still a "war" of sorts just the same. This deal with that territory is all about the gas pipelines and shipping port for Russia and its Gazprom to China, Europe, and the rest of the Middle East. It's the uncorking of the Petrodollar (US/Saudia Arabia) and replacing it with Gazprom(Russia/China/Iran) and trading in gold instead of dollars. This leaves the US dollar at serious risk in maintaining it reserve currency status around the world and basically kicks Saudi Arabia off its high horse, esp. since all of their gold has also now be stolen out of the LMBA. Looks like the Federal Reserve Banks in NY and London have exhausted all there physical gold and are now taking desperate measures to keep the Almighty Dollar floating for as long as possible while at the same time stabbing our trade partners/allies in the back. This is what happens when governments(those in power that run amuck unchecked) will do whatever they deem most expedient to keep their sinister apparatus alive....to the economic death of us all. Don't be surprised to see the Big Money bailing out of the stock markets and diving into Gold/Silver in thenext few months. By year end, we should see Gold hit an alltime high well over $2000/oz. followed by Silver outperforming Gold's gains percentagewise and closing the wide gap that now exists in the Gold/Silver ratio. The stockers have made their dollars, even though in terms of real money the 37% gain since 2000 in dollars in the Dow is really a loss of 72% against the value of gold when one looks at inflation and purchasing power of the dollar in the last 13 yrs. These are the stats, and numbers don't lie. Against a more stable currency...the Swiss Franc...the dollar is down 50% since 2000 and 80% since 1974. It makes one wonder how in the world a country that has this kind of decifit spending and debt can maintain its Reserve Status throughout the most of the trading world.....but it can't. The dollar is dying a slow death, but things are ramping up here in 2014 quickly. For the short run of who knows how many years, the Big Money will quickly find its home back in the safety of precious metals and other forms intrinsic value as the dollar continues to lose its value around the globe....not just here in the US. So the stockers made some dollars, but the metalers will win the prize. And the whole world will lose when TSHTF as the Dow and Nasdaq , the Comex , and other markets worldwide start to feel the effects of the collapsing value of the Almighty Dollar. Keep a close watch on your bank accounts, your stock portfolios, and your IRA's. It would be better to take your 10% penalty and convert it over than to have Uncle Sam "borrow it" in return for some useless guaranteed and diminishing T-Bills. 90% of something now in hand today will be far greater than what looms on the horizon for the near future, imo. At least, that's what the experts are saying. So that's a brief and inconcise synopsis of the way things appear to be shaping up as of this date. Like I stated earlier, it don't look good for the home team. BTW, silver is a real bargain right now at about $21+ spot. It won't stay that low for much longer, though.

regaleagle
03-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Go to Silver Doctors.com and read the most recent articles. That'll open your eyes a wee bit, lol.

regaleagle
06-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Don't be surprised to see all the precious metals prices start to climb and actually soar. There was a "short squeeze" on gold that took place on June 19th, and with all the depressing of gold that's taken place by the banksters in the last year, most of the Big Money investment gurus are in agreement that we are now at the bottom of a coming Bull market in Gold and Silver. Both Gold & Silver have now broken thru their 200-day moving averages and are set to make an explosive move upward as the banksters supply of gold to let out into the market has basically been exhausted. They can no longer control the free market with their manipulations, and the majority of the world's supply has now moved to "strong hands" that are for the most part accumulators. When the move starts upward, it could get very frenetic for all those short paper contract holders, and the prices could literally "take-off" overnight. The gold/silver ratio right now is about 65-1, but when gold starts moving upward, look for silver to lag somewhat at first, then skyrocket very quickly. Some experts are predicting the ratio to drop down to somewhere around 25-1 by year-end.....which means if gold hits $2000, then silver would climb to around $80. Right now spot price is about $24 and climbing daily. Silver is much more volatile as a commodity than gold....which means a big move in gold will result in an even bigger move upward in silver. For me personally, this is bad timing. I was kinda hoping this move would be held off for a couple of more months, but it's beginning to look like the time to buy is now. All my money is tied up right now in the business(shucks), so I can't really hop on the train for the upward ride like I was hoping for in Sept. Oh....I'll still hop on in Sept. allright, but at a higher entry price, unfortunately. This Bull may last a while though, so for those of you that are wary.....keep an eye on the PM's for the next few months. I think you'll see some serious upward trending.

regaleagle
06-29-2014, 01:52 AM
"The banks must be restrained, and the financial system reformed, with balance restored to the economy, before there can be any sustainable recovery." *

*Posted on Jesse's Cafe Americain by Jesse on 6-27-14.

regaleagle
07-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Well, things seem to be getting totally out of control all over the world now....looks like the banksters and politicians and Elite(Powers that Be) want a war to distract the rest of us from the real issues going on....mainly our pocketbooks. Total thievery is the new paradigm in this century.....from the top down. This thievery will lead to enslavement of John Q. Public and the destruction of the American and world middle class....all to the benefit of the elites. Yes, the rich are getting richer and the rest of us are getting poorer. Did you know that now 99% of Americans make less than $250,000/yr? Used to be about 90%. There's not longer a Top 10% of earners, only 1%. The rest of us are hanging on as best we can to what we still have, and not really moving forward financially. But the Top 1% are....daily. With inflation factored in, the standard of living in America today is much less than it was 30 yrs ago....when I was in my late 20's. I thought I was broke back then, lol. For the past several decades, the great percentage of Americans have relied on the credit system for their way of life....but now it looks like that system that the banksters so deviously employed into every fabric of the American standard of living has now met its end. They were so successful with this system combined with the Almighty Dollar as the World's Reserve Currency that they imposed it upon almost all industrialized nations of the world. Well, now you can watch the collapse happen worldwide, right before your eyes. Get ready for $6/gal. gasoline, $5 milk, $4 bread and just about everything else costing much more in the very near future. You might consider stocking up on some items with "shelf" life a little at a time with each trip to the grocery store. I'm not saying we will suddenly run out of supplies, but slowly the prices will rise, and when the dollar does finally lose its reserve status around the world, here in America our costs for goods will rise, and the supply(availability) will drop. If you have any money invested in stocks, bonds, real estate, or just cash in the banks you may want to consider moving it to a safer haven(credit unions, precious metals, under your mattress, lol). Silver and gold have now bottomed as much as one can expect and are now positioned for a big move upward in the coming years with the world situation what it is now. TPTB and Big Money are all now on board for the move, and the banksters(Federal Reserve System and Central Banks worldwide) have reached the end of their money-printing, manipulating ends. It won't be long now til this whole house of cards comes tumbling down, including the stock markets, and the new international bank backed by the BRICS nations and now 24 others(not including the US, but Britain) with gold as its standard comes into effect. That will further devalue our dollar abroad and here at home, and your purchasing power. Let's not even talk about the unemployment rate, GDP, our national debt, and the loss of your rights/freedoms. All of these have already taken place and will only worsen before things improve. It most probably will take decades to unravel the damage that has been done. Until then, fasten your seat belts and get ready for a big crash.....just sayin'.

regaleagle
07-19-2014, 04:36 PM
On a side note, it took The Powers That Be(TPTB) and banksters 100 yrs.(since 1913) to get the world where it is today. All of this didn't happen overnight. The American Middle Class had to be taken down for them to gain complete control....and now they have succeeded. What happens in the future in our lifetimes is only a guess, but there is a book that was left to us that may hold some answers. All is vanity in these flesh bodies............but love is eternal. Evil and greed are devices of mankind through the centuries. There is nothing new under the sun. But love and goodness are not lost.....they still live in the hearts of many of us the world over.

Farmersfan
07-25-2014, 10:44 AM
You are not a professionally trained analyst and really shouldn't be giving this kind of advise to people. People would have pissed away a lot of money if they had followed your advise over the past year.

Farmersfan
07-25-2014, 11:02 AM
On a side note, it took The Powers That Be(TPTB) and banksters 100 yrs.(since 1913) to get the world where it is today. All of this didn't happen overnight. The American Middle Class had to be taken down for them to gain complete control....and now they have succeeded. What happens in the future in our lifetimes is only a guess, but there is a book that was left to us that may hold some answers. All is vanity in these flesh bodies............but love is eternal. Evil and greed are devices of mankind through the centuries. There is nothing new under the sun. But love and goodness are not lost.....they still live in the hearts of many of us the world over.

If you are so convinced about that "Book" then why would you be overtly concerned about the future and buying precious metals? Everything is preordained and according to plan.

regaleagle
07-26-2014, 12:52 AM
If you are so convinced about that "Book" then why would you be overtly concerned about the future and buying precious metals? Everything is preordained and according to plan.

Not everything....there is a such thing called "free will" and choice. And that's in the "Book", too! And as far as the PM's go, this is not the stock market, FF. It's a long drawn out affair that is basically protection against fiat currencies....esp. when they appear very weak and failing. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative. Still, there's some viewers here I'm certain that can garner some useful information from my posts. And just about every post contains information passed along from some very well-respected, top financial minds in the world. So the posts are not about me giving financial advise to anyone. I'm simply passing along information that is in the news written by others. Whether viewers choose to heed or ignore the information is their business. I've even referenced many websites for the viewers to research the information and do their own due diligence.

PS>>>If you're holding physical PM's, you HAVE NOT "pissed your money away", lol. You've done just the opposite....you've protected yourself against a castatrophic occurrence that many feel is not only very likely, but just a matter of time. Afterall, gold and silver are not paper....they have intrinsic value that is readily convertible to just about any form of fiat currency or trade anytime and anywhere.

regaleagle
01-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Well....I reckon if a person were thinkin' about acquiring some silver(or gold) just to have some on hand, now would be as good a time as any to look at jumping in. Gold spot price right now is hovering around the $1200 mark, and silver spot is at about $16 right now. The prices could and will possibly go lower at some point later this year, but then the premiums will just increase and your actual cost to acquire may not improve. In fact, if there is an ultimate final smashdown like many experts believe will happen....it will happen so quickly that the market will not even allow an opportunity to buy at such low prices. The premiums could double or even triple over spot from what they are now, and you may not even be able to purchase any silver or gold at all.....the supply could well get swooped up in a frenzy by those who are already well-positioned in the game. Then there's all those invested in the stock market that will instantly move their dollars over to precious metals when their stop-losses are triggered with a big drop. They may even be too late and get caught with their pants down, also. If the dollar nosedives and loses 40-50% of its current value(it's around 96 now), then your purchasing power just got cut in half. At the same time, gold and silver will soar in value as demand skyrockets as a result of everyone seeking a safe haven for their dollars. Gold and silver are forms of financial insurance to protect your wealth and purchasing power in times of financial catastrophe. That's why some people are "stackers". It's a form of savings also, since the only time you'll use it is when you have to, and by that time you'll be glad you had some instead of paper that will be devaluing at a very fast rate. Silver doctors.com, Apmex.com JM Bullion.com, King World News(KWN.com), Greg Hunter's American Watchdog, are just a few trusted websites you can go to for daily information.

Farmersfan
01-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Just FYI to everyone: Since this thread was opened in July 2013 the value of precious metals has fallen 12%. During that same time frame the Dow saw a 14% increase.......................

regaleagle
01-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Just for your personal information FF, no asset class, including your QE driven stock market, has outperformed Gold in the last 20 years....end of story. Look it up and you'll see the facts are staring you in the face. Besides the stock market being driven by horrendous money printing and completely dominated by corporations and manipulated by the elite, any sane individual would be better off going to Vegas right now and putting their money on Red than gambling when the next black swan event will occur worldwide to send Wall Street to its knees. The markets are not being driven by anything other than propping(money printing) and manipulation to keep the entire monetary system and the dollar from a free-fall as the world's reserve currency. Even nations that wish to separate themselves from using the almighty dollar in order to conduct international trade are so tied to the dollar that their national currencies are also at great risk, even moreso than the dollar because their currency stands alone and has no world reserve status. That said, if the stock market were truly reflective of free markets, then it would stand to reason that the soaring heights it has reached in the last 5 years should be indicative of a healthy economic rebound with positive indicators to show for it.....like the unemployment rate, new investment in plant and materials, international trade surpluses, expansion of research and development in key emerging markets, etc. etc. etc. BUT that is not the case at all, is it FF??? We have a teetering economy on edge of disaster just waiting for a day we all will wake up only to discover all our money is either gone or has been put at great peril by this monster called QE and the Fed(driven by the Elite Powers That Be) to the point of total economic capitulation. I'm sorry you cannot see all signals right in front of you.....but why would you? You are part of the system that is so corrupt and play off of its corruptness with other people's money. It's just a huge casino to you.....using false numbers with no basis to convince others to invest their hard-earned savings into a system that is false and has no basis. Good luck to you and your cronies......you all will fall hard and without a clue of what is really happening. I guess you also believe what you hear reported from the main stream media as well, hahaha.

regaleagle
01-15-2015, 11:15 PM
By all means, I pray you not take my word or anything I have written in this thread. I encourage all to do your own due diligence using some of the sources I have supplied on this thread and others to draw your own conclusions and make your own choices. I am merely discussing one of the most discussed topics worldwide on daily basis right here in our Texas Down Low site for all those who may not be aware of some of the issues confronting our economic well being as a nation, society, and world leader in many areas. It's all tied to the almighty dollar in one way or another, and the ramifications will have an adverse effect on all of us. I do not live in the fanstasy world the Elite has skillfully woven into the fabric of "the American Way of Life". It is all a scam and no longer exists except in the minds of the sheeple. I've have graduated from sheepledom and now exhort others to do the same. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee....it's been brewing for many, many years and is now almost undrinkable.

Tejastrue
01-17-2015, 10:18 PM
Materialistic things regal...why is this an issue?

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:13 AM
Protection is not materialism.....they are 2 differing conditions. I'm far from materialistic, and it just so happens I care about my fellow man. That may be difficult for some of you to comprehend, but it's true. Otherwise, why would I even give it another thought in writing this thread? If you're not a believer in what is written in this thread, then that's your right. No sense in questioning my motives.....they are most probably beyond what most viewers here would believe anyway. There are people in this world that do happen to care about our society, our country, our hardworking citizens, our way of life. There's also many people.....the vast majority is what the experts call it....that have no clue to what's actually taking place in high places.....things that most would consider preposterous and unbelievable.....that will have a life-changing effect on our lives to the point of mass incarcerations, starvation, and certainly death to many of those in society that are considered extra baggage to feed. Medical care will be reserved for "certain individuals that meet the requirements" only.....which will not include the vast majority of Americans. The Eilte does have a plan, and they are carrying it out slowly but surely.....and have been doing so for almost 80 yrs. now. They have control of the world's economies....thru the system they have set into place and basically own. This has nothing to do with materialism, haha......so so far off from the real issues. Some of you will be thinking on these words at some time in the future and reflect back that you were given a warning from a guy named regaleagle, but you didn't believe and didn't do any checking and just let it go. I'm certain there are some that have read this thread that know exactly what I'm talking about......a very few. All I can say to those of you that are mystified by this whole thread is good luck to you and yours. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:53 AM
For further enlightenment to those of you that may be interested, simply go to GoldenJackass.com and listen to the most recent Part 1 and Part 2 interviews(podcasts) from last week. There are many other articles, interviews, open forums, and atlernative media sources from around the world and right here in America you can access for additional opinion, information, and resource. But this particular podcast will immediately bring some of the issues to light so that you can get a grasp on what some of the issues are and how they are manifesting themselves. I believe you'll find the podcast to be very informative and enlightening....it's a worthwhile listen.

BwdLion73
01-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Wait till you hear the State of the Union address. Those who have spent their lives building a business or contracting career are about to find out that they need to sell out and join the sheeple as you call them.

We (I) am at the point that when you figure in all types of government taxes, fee's and regulations 60% or more of my net is going to someone else. Property taxes due at the end of this month, IRS will be waiting for their 5 figure check on the 15th.

I'm tired of it, and the thought of investments of Gold, Silver or any thing that the government will know about or can regulate does not appeal to me anymore. Once we get a little farther down this road we are on (more takers than givers) it will be too late for any group or party to reverse.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 11:41 AM
They(The Powers That Be) are bent on destroying every stronghold of American society, business, freedom, and political affiliation.....other than the State. TPTB have a plan to enslave those that remain and eliminate the rest. In their agenda, there are way too many people on this earth to feed and care for, and not enough resources to go around. This does not pertain only to America, naturally, but to ALL countries on planet Earth. Wars are a necessity to accomplish this result, and supplanting religious, racial, and political tensions in the peoples of the world is only one of their devices to accomplish this goal. They believe in a world of automated machines, slaves, and those that are the "HAVES". The rest have to be eliminated, lest they pose considerable opposition to their NEW WORLD ORDER. It may surprise you to learn of some of those that are included in this group, or who in the past have worked toward this end that are no longer living today.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 12:11 PM
Most of those in power in the countries around the planet are included in this group.....or they are eliminated. See JFK as an illustration. If you do some research on today's alternative sources via the internet, you will find much information about this particular "removal" and why. It is only one of many, many "removal from power" happenings thruout history. I won't go into how history has been made and changed even before you were born, but this has been going on before WWI....just to give you a hint. In other words....WWI and WWII were part of the plan, or at least the results of some of this New World Order agenda. This New World Order is not a "new" agenda, it's older than all of us. The next big hurdle for them to accomplish is to gain total control of the internet, or simply wipe it out with an EMP war......put the world back into the dark ages, so to speak. If you don't know what EMP is, google it on the internet and you will find out. Its stands for ElectroMagneticPulse.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 12:21 PM
There have been 71 recorded banker deaths in the last 3 years, many in high positions with these large corporations that are tied to the Too Big To Fail(TBTF) banks, and most that are reported were ruled as "suicides". Look for this number to grow into the 1000's as we go forward in time. This is only the tip of the iceberg.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Well how does all of this tie in to gold and silver??? IF they can control the world's wealth, they can control EVERYTHING. The systematic removal (hoarding) of precious metals is their primary goal. It has been real wealth for as long as mankind has been formed into societal groups. Throughout the ages, there is one common denominator for wealth(and thereby control) and that is gold(and silver). There are other economic sources as well(farmland for food production, commercial holdings for business, water sources nowadays, etc.) that can all be controlled with extreme wealth. Energy resources and technology are other examples.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 12:41 PM
So much for today's lesson in world finances, huh? Fear not.....not all is lost. If you are a believer, you have an understanding and faith of God's promises. But in this world in which we live in this World Age, you have free will and choice. God will meet you at your point of need.....given certain stipulations that just so happen to be tied to HIS WORD. Just because you think you are a Christian or call yourself a believer, that does not necessarily put you under the umbrella of God's protection. You are expected to do YOUR part first, and then your needs will be met and protection given.....it's a two-way street folks.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm not saying all is doomed.....on the contrary. I'm saying certain events will occur that will ultimately bring into fruition God's promises, and today's world is in disarray not by sheer coincidence. Where do you stand? What are you doing to be proactive and prepared? Are you doing your part first?

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Holding pm's(precious metals) is one way to do your part in the fight against tyranny. It will also afford you a certain amount of freedom and insurance. You spend many dollars on insurance for your car and home, and most of us never or rarely see the amount spent actually equate to a claim made in the lifetime of our total expenditure. PM's are readily convertible into just about any form of resource, and YOU control them if you hold them. That is a certain amount of power and insurance, isn't it??? Is it paper, or a contract written on paper that can come to nothing in the future or be wiped out in the future? NO, it is real and proven. I hope you are getting the drift now.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Not many of us can own productive farmland, or have commercial holdings that will survive economic catastophies, or own solar and wind-powered energy sources if TSHTF(the sh.. hits the fan).....but we can all convert dollars in our possession to at least some silver, whether is be 90% silver dimes, quarters, halfs, and dollars or the newer coinage being minted that is .999 fine silver. If you can afford some gold at today's spot price of $1280(it's jumped $80 just in a month) then great for you. Typically, at least 10% of your total financial holdings should include some precious metals holdings, but most "stackers" are way above that number with what's going on with the dollar and the world's economies today.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 01:43 PM
The grocery stores and supplies stores are emptied out in a few days when a hurricane hits in a certain coastal region, aren't they? What will you do for a resource to get food and water if suddenly supply becomes a problem? If that happens, do you think the dollar will still be worth what it is right now? No, it will nosedive and your purchasing power will be greatly diminished. At the same time the value of pm's will soar in value....making them very much in demand and acceptable because they have intrinsic value the world over. They are highly tradeworthy for just about any form of value.....insurance and protection, if you will. Their value thru the ages is historically a proven fact, and the circumstances at the particular time dictate that value. Precious metals have portability and convertibility also. Farmland or commercial holdings may not be as practical, just to give you an example.

BwdLion73
01-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Well I don't want to send anyone over the edge on this fine football Sunday...but if the goverment wants to tell me that based on my tax returns that I will now pay close to $1,000 a month for insurance with a 12 to 16 thousand dollar deductable or else!! I'm fairly confident that they will take your gold and silver and make it illegal.

Not to worry you will receive a lone star card of reasonable value to use at a goverment approved store. :thinking:;)

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Hahaha.....that's why I'm armed and loaded, lol. And there will be millions of folks just like me, esp. in Texas. No sir, getting our gold and silver WILL NOT happen....that's why they have been stealing it to control its supply. Those that have some will be better off, and those that don't....won't. It's called a "wealth transfer". This will not be the first one in recorded history, it has happened many times before. But the limited availability will give them the control they need from the masses. How's your portfolio looking? You really want to take that chance when you have a viable alternative? I don't and I'm not. Something is better than nothing.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
By the way, if the supply is seriously limited, what do you think that will do in regards to its value? Laws of supply and demand say that when something is in great demand with only a limited supply, then the value increases substantially. There may come a time shortly that the value of gold and silver become so expensive that a normal person will not be able to trade their diminished value dollars for ounces of silver and gold like they can right now. And perhaps the supply could become so limited that you won't even be able to get your hands on some if you had plenty of resources to trade for it.....unless you had the "right" resources and were willing to part with them.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 02:33 PM
I would think it easier to confiscate some tracts of farmland and businesses, or disrupt the operations thereof, than to try to confiscate gold and silver from heavily armed gun-toting Ameican patriots. Certainly easier to confiscate all those IRA's and 401k's, retirement accounts and such than mess with little ol' gold and silver. The difference in value between the totals is in the trillions. Just not that much gold and silver being held by the public in comparison.....they've already stolen it and it is being hoarded by the Elitist camp now. As we speak they are hoarding more each day at these low prices.....why do you think the prices are so low in the first place, huh? So they can get it on the cheap, that's why. They have John Q Public hornswaggled about gold and silver, and they have done their job over time. Just look at your own personal attitude towards it.....you are convinced you don't need it, hahaha. Most Asians will tell you differently.....they've been there, done that before....or at least it's happened in their history before, along with countless other nations. Heck, in some countries you have to stand in line just to wait your turn to buy the stuff, if they have some to sell you, and at their going rate which is much higher than it is if you use dollars right now to buy it. How much longer will that last, or will the price be held down and the Central Banks be able to keep the manipulation game going?

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
The traditional gold-silver ratio in value has been in the range of 15:1. Right now that ratio is 67:1.....way out of cork. This tells any sane individual that at sometime in the near future there will be a return to "normalcy" in relation of this ratio, esp. since silver has so many more demanding usages in the world than does gold. At $20 an ounce now, it's the bargain of the century.....but it won't be for much longer. How long that will be is the multimillion dollar question, but most experts are saying within 3-5 years, or perhaps even sooner.....maybe even as soon as 2016. If that were to happen, or rather when that happens.....you can bet your boots the price of gold and silver will have already been shooting up substantially to new highs never before recorded. Right now, the real price of gold should be in the $3500 range.....not $1300. The market has been purposefully depressed by TPTB for their agenda, but they are losing control since they have already managed to secure most of what gold and silver they could and whatever is left is being greatly diminished daily worldwide. Tons of this stuff is in "strong hands" and will not be relinquished for a long, long time.....until the prices get to where they should be. That's the point when this new "wealth transfer" will really take place....mainly moving from the West to the East.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
In actuality the wealth transfer has already occurred, it just has to come to fruition once the market forces are set free and the PM values can find their true value in the market.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:09 PM
But there is still time for the individual, very little time but nobody knows how long. Yesterday would be a good way to express it, or today.

BwdLion73
01-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Never said I didn't have some. More power to you. I'm just at a point of frustration with our politician's from top to bottom. Just like you espouse to hording gold I started buying land and property 40 years ago.

Now all my holdings are free and clear however each year the magic wand is waved and my land is worth more and more in taxes. Now they talk of scenic views causing higher taxes. I would not be too smug in saying I will have gold!

Executive orders might take care of that. We have to be fair now...:)

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:35 PM
This is a hot topic in all the forums.....but the consensus of financial experts feel confiscation of gold is a possibility moreso than silver, but there are ways to hold it just to be on the safe side. If you have that much wealth, and a significant amount of gold in your portfolio, then you're probably already "set-up" the best ways possible. If you're reasonably well-off and haven't accumulated the pm's you plan to, then I'd say you have much work to do and little time to do it, including talking to the right people about stashing it. For the rest of us poor folks, all we can afford is silver, and that more than likely will NOT be confiscated, for many reasons I won't go into right now on this thread. Let's just say I've done my homework, and if you don't believe me then go do your own.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Of course, the problem with holding pm's is not the US government as much as it will be that segment of society that doesn't have any and will be willing to do whatever is necessary in order to take yours away from you, haha. It's very important to keep a low profile and live that way. The fewer that know of your stack the better.....I mean really few. And the amount and locations you have it stashed as well. But it would be much better and a better place to live if more people had at least some pms at their disposal....better for all of us as a nation and all of us individually.

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 04:00 PM
The most recent number I've seen for millionaires in the US(net worth) is about 9.6 million.....as of 2013. That number could have gone down some, but still a substantial amount, which does NOT include yours truly, haha. How much of that net worth is liquid to be converted to at least some pm's is not known, but I'm sure much, much of it is accounted for in current real estate bubble values. Take that away, or diminish it with a crash, and suddenly that number greatly reduces. Some are "unhooking" from their high-value properties right now and downsizing, taking the cash difference and living more sedentary lifestyles, or just getting out of dodge altogether.

BwdLion73
01-18-2015, 04:23 PM
The most recent number I've seen for millionaires in the US(net worth) is about 9.6 million.....as of 2013. That number could have gone down some, but still a substantial amount, which does NOT include yours truly, haha. How much of that net worth is liquid to be converted to at least some pm's is not known, but I'm sure much, much of it is accounted for in current real estate bubble values. Take that away, or diminish it with a crash, and suddenly that number greatly reduces. Some are "unhooking" from their high-value properties right now and downsizing, taking the cash difference and living more sedentary lifestyles, or just getting out of dodge altogether.

Believe me I'm a nobody when it comes to big wealth, however My wife and I are and have been planning for several years now on selling everything we have and building a modest energy efficient home on some land we have had for 25 years. Firewood, Solar,
Rainwater retention and large garden. Guess we will put up the "Come and Take it" flag and get ready. LOL

regaleagle
01-18-2015, 04:44 PM
If you can do that, start tomorrow. That's just a great way to go in my estimation. I grew up living that way, but nowadays it's difficult to find the time and extra money to get it going, ya know? I'd like to do basically the same thing, and might even end up doing that if I can find the right situation. But I'm also looking at the possibility of just leaving and living in another country.....like Belize, for example. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it could. I'd need to get a 2nd passport sometime fairly quickly though.

Farmersfan
02-13-2015, 04:49 PM
July 13, 2013 when this thread was started the price of Gold was 1280.00 per oz. ..... As of RIGHT NOW the price of gold is 1228.00. The only thing I can tell you guys is Gold pays no dividends, no interest and any increase in value can ONLY come from the market value per oz. (unless you invest in some kind of gold fund which isn't any different than the rest of the stock market.) A 10,000 investment in Gold on July 13, 2013 would have a market value of 9600.00 today. (not including any fees you would have paid a broker).

Now let's look at a good dividend paying stock like Eli Lilly and Company (LLY). A 10K investment into this stock on July 13. 2013 would have earned 5.5% dividend annually (550.00) as well as seen a market value increase of 36%. Just off the top of my head it seems to me that the original 10K in this stock would now be worth 14300.00 if all dividends were reinvested (DRiP).

Here are some other good dividend paying stocks for you to consider: KO (Coca Cola), HRB (H&R Block), LMT (Lockheed Martin) and CNK (Cinemark)...

regaleagle
02-17-2015, 12:38 PM
When the market has been "at the all time top" for as long as it has(manipulations by TPTB), when will it finally turn down and how much longer can it last? Having your savings invested in a market top right now is very risky, to say the least. Most experts point toward investing at market bottoms, not tops. Same for real estate.....buying when the market is propped can be a big mistake when the market "bubble" that was created finally bursts and the prices begin tumbling downward. There's nothing wrong with long-term investing in good quality stocks, but which ones are they and who's to say even the Blue Ribbon stocks won't take a beating when the Stock Market begins its downturn. There's great risk in getting in and then getting out in time, esp. since we've already had 3 yrs. of continuous increases, albeit fabricated and controlled.

regaleagle
02-17-2015, 12:55 PM
Our economy is in the midst of great jeopardy, and the Almighty Dollar is at great risk of losing its world reserve currency status.....it's slowly losing that status as I write these words. Any Black Swan event worldwide could trigger chaotic turns in the markets, not to mention the everyday battles of the Federal Reserve System worldwide to keep the economies of the world from tanking. Loss of the Petrodollar(not trading oil in dollars worldwide) is the main issue facing the US economy right this minute. The repercussions of that scenario could have very negative impacts on many issues, the Stock Market being one of the most easily at risk. There's good reason now to be overly cautious about one's financial status......the US is not really in a position of stability and strength right now economically or diplomatically.

waterboy
02-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Believe me I'm a nobody when it comes to big wealth, however My wife and I are and have been planning for several years now on selling everything we have and building a modest energy efficient home on some land we have had for 25 years. Firewood, Solar,
Rainwater retention and large garden. Guess we will put up the "Come and Take it" flag and get ready. LOL

That's what a lot of people would like to do, get off the grid entirely. The only problem is that you never really "own" your land. You are only renting it from the government via taxes. If you don't pay your taxes they will come and take your land..., and everything else you own before it's said and done. We no longer live in a republic, nor do we truly live in a democracy. We live in a fascist / socialist country where true liberty is a fading memory. Our Constitutional rights have been, and are continuing to erode, and people are giving up personal liberty for security. "Anyone willing to give up liberty for security deserves neither."

Farmersfan
02-18-2015, 04:54 PM
When the market has been "at the all time top" for as long as it has(manipulations by TPTB), when will it finally turn down and how much longer can it last? Having your savings invested in a market top right now is very risky, to say the least. Most experts point toward investing at market bottoms, not tops. Same for real estate.....buying when the market is propped can be a big mistake when the market "bubble" that was created finally bursts and the prices begin tumbling downward. There's nothing wrong with long-term investing in good quality stocks, but which ones are they and who's to say even the Blue Ribbon stocks won't take a beating when the Stock Market begins its downturn. There's great risk in getting in and then getting out in time, esp. since we've already had 3 yrs. of continuous increases, albeit fabricated and controlled.

One of the first rules of investing is staying the course. There is ZERO doubt the market will take a dive at some point. It always does. it's normal. If you are invested in funds or stocks that pay dividends that can be reinvested you should want the market to drop because market value isn't your goal. Until retirement you are in what is called the ACCUMULATION stage. Your goal is to get as many shares as you can collect. The lower the price the more shares you can buy. The market value is only important at sell time and buy time. At all other times it's not important at all. I use to have clients who market watched all the time and would call me in a panic if the market dropped just a little. Long term and quality is the only way. Everything else is far too volatile or risky for the average investor. Far too many people panic and end up wanting to buy the next great stock AFTER it has seen huge increases or sell their good stocks after they have realized a big drop. You should buy low and sell high but nerves force people into the exact opposite........

regaleagle
02-19-2015, 04:35 AM
For a person my son's age(26), longterm investment in some chosen stocks that appear to be tied to the "right" markets would most probably work out to be a very wise move in the longrun. But there are literally millions of baby boomers out there that have lost large portions of their investment portfolios in the last decade or two(me included) due to manipulations/outright theft/lack of oversight from those that were controlling the markets. Now these baby boomers no longer have the time to accumulate nor the desire to gamble what they still have or have acquired in the stock market again. They just simply cannot afford to take it on the chin again like the millions that did. Hopefully, some stricter regulatory bodies will be established in the future that will have more oversight and power to offset the crooked dealings of those that are now controlling the markets. But for most of those age 50 and above, that time frame may just not happen quickly enough. Hence the importance of safety over risks for systematic gains for a large segment(the largest segment) of investors in the US. They just want to hold on to what they still have and can acquire from here on out. Precious metals is one alternative that is a solid choice that may prove to be a very wise place to park those savings.

Farmersfan
02-19-2015, 11:12 AM
For a person my son's age(26), longterm investment in some chosen stocks that appear to be tied to the "right" markets would most probably work out to be a very wise move in the longrun. But there are literally millions of baby boomers out there that have lost large portions of their investment portfolios in the last decade or two(me included) due to manipulations/outright theft/lack of oversight from those that were controlling the markets. Now these baby boomers no longer have the time to accumulate nor the desire to gamble what they still have or have acquired in the stock market again. They just simply cannot afford to take it on the chin again like the millions that did. Hopefully, some stricter regulatory bodies will be established in the future that will have more oversight and power to offset the crooked dealings of those that are now controlling the markets. But for most of those age 50 and above, that time frame may just not happen quickly enough. Hence the importance of safety over risks for systematic gains for a large segment(the largest segment) of investors in the US. They just want to hold on to what they still have and can acquire from here on out. Precious metals is one alternative that is a solid choice that may prove to be a very wise place to park those savings.

The only people who "took it on the chin" was those folks who listened to people like you. Everybody else made out like bandits. (pardon the pun). The market has seen a 300% increase since it's down turn but, according to you, that 300% growth is a mirage or an illusion. Newflash: There have always been market corrections, housing bubbles bursting and economic downturns. It's the nature of the beast. Do you remember the early 80's when people had to wait in line for gas for hours and the housing bubble burst? I was in Midland Tx working in the oil field and afterwards you could buy a half million home for 100K. I was a wireline engineer running a open hole logging truck and we finally shut down after 3 years of giving as much as 70% discounts on jobs just to keep the trucks moving. Everybody was screaming how the world was coming to an end or how America was done. The difference between then and now was people at that point in time were saddled with 12% to 21% interest rates on their homes and cars. You could get a CD from the bank that paid 12% but you paid at least 21% on all your credit accounts and your mortgage.

regaleagle
02-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Your nuts.....milions of baby boomers lost literally thousands and thousands of dollars in their investment programs back in the 90's on that first stock market crash....Black Monday. Don't call me or my wife or many of my friends stupid when it was plainly those in YOUR industry doing all the bad deeds. I have a close friend and deer hunting partner that lost over 300k in his AT&T savings and investment portfolio, and my wife and I lost over 100k in ours.....literally overnight. That's the way it went for millions of us all over the nation.....you don't know what you're talking about FF. Those are the facts, and it has all been well-documented what happened and what caused it.

Farmersfan
02-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Your nuts.....milions of baby boomers lost literally thousands and thousands of dollars in their investment programs back in the 90's on that first stock market crash....Black Monday. Don't call me or my wife or many of my friends stupid when it was plainly those in YOUR industry doing all the bad deeds. I have a close friend and deer hunting partner that lost over 300k in his AT&T savings and investment portfolio, and my wife and I lost over 100k in ours.....literally overnight. That's the way it went for millions of us all over the nation.....you don't know what you're talking about FF. Those are the facts, and it has all been well-documented what happened and what caused it.

It's pretty obvious to me that you should not be involved in investing. You have demonstrated that you really don't have a clue about how things work. Here is the FACTS about investing in the stock market. What determines whether you make money or lose money is the choices you make personally. But don't EVER try to blame "The Stock Market" because you bailed and sold your shares when it was down. If you didn't sell your shares and your investments were quality to begin with then you certainly should have recovered and shown a big gain by now. At least everybody that I know has........................

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/marketindexes.html

Farmersfan
02-25-2015, 12:13 PM
It's pretty obvious to me that you should not be involved in investing. You have demonstrated that you really don't have a clue about how things work. Here is the FACTS about investing in the stock market. What determines whether you make money or lose money is the choices you make personally. But don't EVER try to blame "The Stock Market" because you bailed and sold your shares when it was down. If you didn't sell your shares and your investments were quality to begin with then you certainly should have recovered and shown a big gain by now. At least everybody that I know has........................

Notice the Volume spike in 2009 when the market dropped so bad. People all over the world were selling their stuff and taking the loses that came with it. Apparently so did you and your friends. Mine didn't! And they are all smiling right now................

Farmersfan
02-25-2015, 12:18 PM
And one last thing before I begin to ignore you. The market will correct again in the future. Perhaps soon-perhaps not so soon! but don't think it won't. It always does. Will it be the "BIG ONE"? Who the hell knows. The only thing that I do know 100% for a fact is that if you haven't been investing in stocks the last 5 to 7 years you have lost a ton of opportunity.......(by opportunity I mean money)

regaleagle
02-26-2015, 04:40 PM
What I'm referring to is Black Monday, back in the late 80's....a time before you were even involved in the stock market that you know it as today. It was a different scenario back then than it is now, by scales of manipulations. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole the way things are now, and there are many my age that feel the same as I do. You younger folks have a lot to still learn....so y'all go full steam ahead and see where it gets you. Have a nice trip there FF......just remember you were warned. Today's techno innovations have rendered trading and stock investments very volatile....with computer programs that change the market in nanoseconds....totally controlled by those that know MORE than the average John Q Public investor could ever hope to. They have more money, more power, and no oversight from the controlling bodies, so there will be serious manipulations that don't follow the charts or reasonable expectations. It's the largest casino in the world, and the HOUSE is the winner in the long run. Sure, you may win a few hands....until you lose it all. Good luck with all that. I'll just go to Vegas and have some fun while I'm at it I if feel "lucky".

regaleagle
02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
I might add there are always a few "lucky" winners, but are you willing to roll the dice on your future with your hard-earned savings in a climate such as the one we now know for certain is beyond any question manipulated to the nth degree??? There are many other alternative choices out there that may be available to put those hard-earned savings to work in a more secure fashion.....just sayin'. Now perhaps at some time in the future the climate will change and investing in the stock market will return to a more balanced outlook.....but I wouldn't bet on it happening anytime soon.

regaleagle
02-27-2015, 12:50 AM
http://www.fame.org/PDF/buffet3.pdf

regaleagle
02-27-2015, 05:12 AM
The more they print, the broker we become. One problem gets connected to another, or causes more complexity within the system and needs to be covered over with even more fiat paper printing....known in today's world as QE(Quantitative Easing), a term to hide the real truth. What it means is mass quantities of worthless paper printing of the dollar to "ease" some of the unsolvable problem monsters they've created over the years....well, since the 2008 crash. That makes our purchasing power diminish by degrees and before ya know it everything costs more and you have less to show for it. It stifles capital growth, which stifles investment, which stifles production, which leads to loss of jobs and cut wages. See how everything becomes interconnected into a monsterous FAIL. All of this COULD be avoided, or slowly solved.....just stop the printing presses and start cutting expenditures.....like the runaway military buildup for starters. But the bureaucrats are all on the take....bought and paid for by the bankster cartel that is getting rich by stealing from us. Naturally the real bankster cartel is those that OWN everything.....the Rothschilds, Rockerfellers, JP Morgan family, some of the Bilderburg members, etc. etc. In short, TPTB in the world that control governments, the Federal Reserve, Bank of Internat'l Settlements(BIS), NATO, and whatever else is a governing body or source of funds. It all comes down to FREEDOM.....without it we are all just slaves to a master. And it can get progressively worse quickly without controls in place. Who's to see that there are some checks and balances in the system nowadays, huh? There aren't any.....we are at the mercy of those that are owned by TPTB. Now you know the purpose of this thread....if you haven't already figured that out by now, LOL. But there's some that never will get it. Blame the messengers.....that's always the solution, haha.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 04:29 PM
In the end, I'll take the precious metals over the stock market to win the freedom for the people. It's been proven over the decades and centuries that paper money unbacked by a gold & silver standard will fail, and with that failure also collapses all that is built upon that paper fiat currency.....which includes the stock markets. IF we had an economic system backed by gold(and silver) or some other source of intrinsic value, then we wouldn't have these problems in the first place and the stock market would be a great place to invest. But that is unfortunately not the case....at least not at the present time.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Economic freedom is the basis for all freedom in every sense of the definition in today's world. Without it, nothing can be possible. In fact, economic freedom has always been true freedom thru the centuries. Oppression comes about when economic freedom of the people is greatly diminished. HE WHO HAS THE GOLD MAKES THE RULES. That's just the way it is.....almost a natural law in human history.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 05:20 PM
At the present time....NOW.....our fiat paper printing UNBACKED currency system experiment is failing miserably. It has taken decades for it to evolve into this status.....like most paper fiat currencies in history. Some fail sooner than others, but this one has been buffered and boosted thru the years by all manner of technological and historical occurrences that have kept it alive and vibrant beyond what has previously been historically recorded. But time is running short now, and sound principles of honest money management have been increasingly abandoned to the point of no return(no pun intended, haha). The dollar as we know it presently is doomed as being the world's reserve currency. What that means is the standard of living in the US will drop by leaps and bounds when this collapse of the dollar is ultimately realized. It's a race against time now to put into effect a new economic system that will support the free commerce of the world that can replace the dollar.....or else. Or else what? Or else we lose our economic freedom, and thereby other freedoms, that's what. Do you like the word OPPRESSION??? Without economic freedom in the markets, that's what the result will be thruout the world, and that result will end in war. When peoples of the world become oppressed, they can easily be led astray into wars in an attempt to find the answer to the oppression. Of course, war doesn't solve that delimma, it only compounds the effect and causes those that have the gold to become even wealthier. That's a documented historical fact.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 05:39 PM
So what's the answer? Simple.....a gold-backed standard for trade across the globe between nations. A more equally distributed total of the wealth(gold, silver, other commodities of intrinsic value) thruout the economies of the world for a more stable and vibrant marketplace that all can share and grow in. MORE precious metals in the hands of MORE individuals transacting MORE commerce is a healthy thing. LESS means LESS and results in oppression. That's why I tout gold and silver as a means to true freedom. Unbacked paper currencies have no intrinsic(real tradable) value.....they are only paper if not backed by something of real value. The dollar is actually a debt instrument....a note. It says it by its very name....Federal Reserve Note....on all of the bills. Does it say Silver Certificate or Gold Certificate??? NO, because it's not backed by either. It's a debt instrument....meaning it creates debt for the user and wealth for those that control its printing.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 06:04 PM
So do the powers of the world, the elitist cabal, those that horde the gold and cause strife, those that OWN the msm, the political structures, the hierarchy of decision-makers across this country and other powerful countries in the world.....do they want economic prosperity or a gold/silver-backed free-trade world??? NO, they want to control trade, gain more wealth, and thereby control the world economies for their increased wealth and power. They want war so they can more easily control the masses thru economic oppression. War does not prove who is right, only who is left. The winners are those that benefit economically from it....the elitists that own the manufacturing, production, and distribution centers of the world. They become the masters and the rest of us become the slaves.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 06:30 PM
In an economy where the currency is backed by some form of intrinsic value(gold/silver,et al), I'd be all for the stock market. It could and should represent the embodiment of the definition of free trade, and thereby economic freedom. But that's just not what we have here nowadays, is it? It's an unbacked paper-printing currency system that is supported by massive paper-backed manipulated products that are totally derived from nothingness....thru thin air. There's no real basis to stand or rely upon....it's all a sham. Who benefits most from this and who is most at risk? Who is at the controls and who is pissing in the wind? I rest my case....holding precious metals is a good idea and has much merit.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Until something drastic changes..................for the better. But everyone should have at least some in their possession anyways just to be on the safe side. :smoker:

regaleagle
03-02-2015, 01:53 AM
If economic policy of the US continues on the same track as it has been for the foreseeable future, it would not be beyond belief to hear that same word shouted by fellow American Patriots that we all heard shouted by William Wallace in Braveheart.......FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!

regaleagle
03-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Or perhaps some of you would like to do both, and take your chances in the Stock Market while its "hot". If so, you may need to play using the same "toys" the big boys use. There's robotic software available for the average Joe Investor today that can keep you "up to speed" almost automatically without sitting in front of your screen for hours on end daily. Go to www.CoolTraderPro.com or just google cooltrades and do your own due diligence. You may want to check the reviews as well. You'll still need a broker to transact the trades, though. The brokerage firm will help you set up the software and your trade parameters. You can be freed up to go and do whatever you want and still be able to stay on top of your trades....from just about anywhere. I don't know much about it....except that it puts investors on a more even playing field in a more controlled manner.

regaleagle
03-20-2015, 07:26 AM
I was kinda hopin' we could make it thru the summer before TSHTF, or maybe to 2016 or even 2017 before this House of Cards starts coming down on top of us all. I'm also hopin' the glue they're (the banksters, politicians, TPTB, elitist cabal) using will stick together a little bit longer so that regular folks like you and I can have a chance to get ready for the coming changes. Problem is they don't care about John Q. Publc......only stealing as much as they can or being part of that system that they think gives them security when TS does finally Hit The Fan. I only hope that happens for the sakes of as many good folks as possible, because the storm that is coming cannot be averted. It is possible for this current paradigm to take more time to unwind than most financial experts are predicting, but there's nothing wrong with being overtly pessimistic at this stage with international affairs happening on almost a daily basis like they are now. When the dollar does finally start its fall, the unwinding may be too rapid to control. Nations across the globe...including Britain as of this week...are quickly joining ranks with the newly formed AIIB(Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank) and BRICS(now called New Development Bank) spearheaded by China and aimed at ending the dominance of the western-controlled World Bank and IMF(Internat'l Monetary Fund). These multilateral development banks have been established as a means to transact international business without being forced to use the US dollar as a basis. These banks will supplant the quickly failing Federal Reserve Banks worldwide when the dollar begins its unraveling. This is a sign that the rest of the world is in total agreement that a new system needs to in place now before the dollar begins seeing the effects of losing its world reserve status. No one knows when exactly that might occur, but the eventual ramifications will be very impactive and ugly for the Western-controlled banking system......which includes all of us. It will affect all things within our economy, our trade, our political standing, and our social environment in North America. Canada is included in that mix.....and perhaps Mexico as well. But other nations are jumping ship and making other arrangements(and national deals) as we speak that are contrary to the benefit of the US. We are not hearing this kind of news from the bought and paid for Main Stream Media outlets, but it's all over the internet from news sources all over the world that are not controlled by those that control our major media outlets here in America. If there is propaganda being put forth to Ameicans, it appears to be mainly in-house, unfortunately. They don't want to panic the majority of the sheep, so they feel it's the best recourse at this juncture.....and they also all have their own golden parachutes ready to be deployed when the time comes anyway. The only ones left holding the bag(and the bill) will the US taxpayers. We will suffer the consequences in many forms as those responsible will either escape or become protected with their wealth that they stole from the American capitalistic system that they ruined and turned into an oligarchy for their own self interests. But don't take my words as anything but a warning......please do you own due diligence that is available on many sites like SilverDoctors.com; USA Watchdog.com; Zero Hedge.com; Gold/Silver.com; TF Metals Report; Jesse's Café Americain; The WeatherWatchman; King World News; The Golden Jackass; and many more.

regaleagle
03-20-2015, 01:21 PM
It would be wise to stack some fiat and some silver out of the banking system starting yesterday.....if you get my drift, Vern. Fiat(dollars) will be needed immediately if the banking system hits a brick wall and you can't get to your money, and silver is to keep your purchasing power relatively in check as time goes by. I've got some of both out of the banks, but not near enough to get my by. But anything is better than nothing when that day(probably on a Monday) rears its ugly head. There will be some initial panic set in and possibly social unrest and definitely chaos for those that are caught unaware and unprepared. Best bet is to err on the side of caution at this point and make as much money in as many creative ways as you can think of going forward. In other words, it's time for all of us to get off our butts and get busy.

regaleagle
05-19-2015, 08:46 AM
I hope some of you that have tuned into this thread have by now done some due diligence and been able to acquire some silver and set it back as your savings.....real money. Regardless of what people like Farmers Fan may think or say, the rest of the world is of the opinion that the current paradigm cannot be sustained. The overt money-printing to inflate our way out of enormous debt now seems to be foolhardy even to those that were heretofore previously deeply entrenched in the Wall Street game. And certainly even a certain percentage of the vast majority of the sheeple have now become aware, albeit a small percentage(less than 10%), that some silver put back as savings and protection against a freefall of fiat dollars will do wonders in a time of hyperinflation to sustain your family with basic needs. In other words, I hope some of you viewers are taking advantage NOW of the "cheap" prices of gold and silver.....silver for the sheeple(people)......compared to not being able to get any at all when TSHTF. If you can get some, then your dollars will disappear quickly because your purchasing power of paper money will be so inflated that you quickly will lose most of your "wealth" in dollars......it will take lots of it just to buy food.....not to mention a commodity of real money like silver.....which will be in great demand. SOME SILVER IS BETTER THAN NONE. At $20/oz. right now, it's "on sale" in the grand scheme of things. It matters not whether you paid $16, $18, $20 or whatever price for it when TSHTF, because just having some will be your salvation regardless of what you once paid for it. I wish I had triple the amount I have stored up now.....but I must keep some sort of cash on hand to transact business right now because silver is not yet readily accepted as a form of real money......I can't take it to the store and buy food with it right now. That's why it just represents untouchable savings at this point.....until it again becomes real money when fiat(paper money) finally loses its confidence worldwide. That point in time is almost here now.....nobody knows exactly when......but close enough that protecting yourself against a collapse should be seriously considered. Go get some silver.....NOW.

ronwx5x
07-20-2015, 11:18 AM
I hope some of you that have tuned into this thread have by now done some due diligence and been able to acquire some silver and set it back as your savings.....real money. Regardless of what people like Farmers Fan may think or say, the rest of the world is of the opinion that the current paradigm cannot be sustained. The overt money-printing to inflate our way out of enormous debt now seems to be foolhardy even to those that were heretofore previously deeply entrenched in the Wall Street game. And certainly even a certain percentage of the vast majority of the sheeple have now become aware, albeit a small percentage(less than 10%), that some silver put back as savings and protection against a freefall of fiat dollars will do wonders in a time of hyperinflation to sustain your family with basic needs. In other words, I hope some of you viewers are taking advantage NOW of the "cheap" prices of gold and silver.....silver for the sheeple(people)......compared to not being able to get any at all when TSHTF. If you can get some, then your dollars will disappear quickly because your purchasing power of paper money will be so inflated that you quickly will lose most of your "wealth" in dollars......it will take lots of it just to buy food.....not to mention a commodity of real money like silver.....which will be in great demand. SOME SILVER IS BETTER THAN NONE. At $20/oz. right now, it's "on sale" in the grand scheme of things. It matters not whether you paid $16, $18, $20 or whatever price for it when TSHTF, because just having some will be your salvation regardless of what you once paid for it. I wish I had triple the amount I have stored up now.....but I must keep some sort of cash on hand to transact business right now because silver is not yet readily accepted as a form of real money......I can't take it to the store and buy food with it right now. That's why it just represents untouchable savings at this point.....until it again becomes real money when fiat(paper money) finally loses its confidence worldwide. That point in time is almost here now.....nobody knows exactly when......but close enough that protecting yourself against a collapse should be seriously considered. Go get some silver.....NOW.

One year ago gold was $1700 +/- per oz. Five years ago it was $1400 +/- per oz. Today it is $1110. A loss either way.
One year ago silver was $21.22 per oz. Five years ago it was $37.51 per oz. Today it is $14.92 per oz.
One year ago the S&P 500 was 1987 +/-. Five years ago it was 1121 +/-. Today it is around 2130.
While you might want to pick up a modest amount of precious metals, it sure hasn't made any profit in a long time. The average investor is just not that patient.

Macarthur
07-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Wow, how did I miss this thread. This is a doozy.

Gosh, where to start.

First and foremost, I am not investing expert but i do have a bachelors degree in Finance and an MBA. I say that not in an arrogant way, but just to say I do have some formal education regarding money and the economy. Having said that, I will be the first to admit that I'm not investment expert because my career path led me away from more 'hard finance'.

So, here's my take, for what it's worth.

Any 'asset' that we use as value in this world only has value as long as 'most people' view that 'asset' as valuable. You can go on and on about gold, but gold only has value because others view it as having value. And that is highly dependent upon outside variables. For example, if we all found ourselves in a distopian type of world (MadMax, if you will), gold most likely would not have near the value it does today. If memory serves, gasoline was the most valuable commodity in that world. Now, one could argue that you could use gold to purchase that gasoline and I suppose that might work, but it's highly dependent upon how that world views gold. Who knows what value they would put on gold. Another example might be diamonds. There has been talk for years that the value of diamonds has been artificially inflated by the diamond companies. Diamonds are actually not rare, at all.

The next issue I found interesting was your propensity for this JadeHelm type of outlook where 'the government', whomever that is, is going to take over the world. New world order, or whatever you think this is. I find all of this exercise futile and kinda silly. We all love a good conspiracy story, and I will admit that I do think there are those that weild a ton of power over our world. But this mindset that there are a few people that want to 'enslave' all of mankind is frankly, nuts. I mean let's be honest; this is about one thing - money. I find it hard to believe that those that have the most money and power would see their fortunes improve with enslaved people around the world that have no money to spend. These folks with money and power actually need people with some disposable income so as to keep lining their pockets for crap we really don't need. There is certainly an arugment to be made that our materialistic society is headed for problems, but I think it's folly to think that those powers want people actually enslaved. They want people free enough to have money and to keep spending it at WalMart on crap from China.

And I guess my last point is, let's assume you are correct. If there really was some overreaching power that wanted to 'enslave' us, do you think you could stop it? I don't. YOu could try, but you would end up dead. You may find this defeatest, but it is true. IF some powerful government wanted to take you down, it would be incredibly easy for them. That's one of the reason's I find all this hand wringing over Jade Helm so funny. First, it's not something covert. Secondly, if it were and there was some plan by Obama to put us all in prison camps, we couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Interesting stuff.

Macarthur
07-23-2015, 12:03 PM
And if you would please, provide the backup on the claim about the bankers that have all turned up dead. I'd like to look into that. Thanks.

ronwx5x
07-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Wow, how did I miss this thread. This is a doozy.

Gosh, where to start.

First and foremost, I am not investing expert but i do have a bachelors degree in Finance and an MBA. I say that not in an arrogant way, but just to say I do have some formal education regarding money and the economy. Having said that, I will be the first to admit that I'm not investment expert because my career path led me away from more 'hard finance'.

So, here's my take, for what it's worth.

Any 'asset' that we use as value in this world only has value as long as 'most people' view that 'asset' as valuable. You can go on and on about gold, but gold only has value because others view it as having value. And that is highly dependent upon outside variables. For example, if we all found ourselves in a distopian type of world (MadMax, if you will), gold most likely would not have near the value it does today. If memory serves, gasoline was the most valuable commodity in that world. Now, one could argue that you could use gold to purchase that gasoline and I suppose that might work, but it's highly dependent upon how that world views gold. Who knows what value they would put on gold. Another example might be diamonds. There has been talk for years that the value of diamonds has been artificially inflated by the diamond companies. Diamonds are actually not rare, at all.

The next issue I found interesting was your propensity for this JadeHelm type of outlook where 'the government', whomever that is, is going to take over the world. New world order, or whatever you think this is. I find all of this exercise futile and kinda silly. We all love a good conspiracy story, and I will admit that I do think there are those that weild a ton of power over our world. But this mindset that there are a few people that want to 'enslave' all of mankind is frankly, nuts. I mean let's be honest; this is about one thing - money. I find it hard to believe that those that have the most money and power would see their fortunes improve with enslaved people around the world that have no money to spend. These folks with money and power actually need people with some disposable income so as to keep lining their pockets for crap we really don't need. There is certainly an arugment to be made that our materialistic society is headed for problems, but I think it's folly to think that those powers want people actually enslaved. They want people free enough to have money and to keep spending it at WalMart on crap from China.

And I guess my last point is, let's assume you are correct. If there really was some overreaching power that wanted to 'enslave' us, do you think you could stop it? I don't. YOu could try, but you would end up dead. You may find this defeatest, but it is true. IF some powerful government wanted to take you down, it would be incredibly easy for them. That's one of the reason's I find all this hand wringing over Jade Helm so funny. First, it's not something covert. Secondly, if it were and there was some plan by Obama to put us all in prison camps, we couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Interesting stuff.

I couldn't agree with you more and appreciate you putting it into a succinctly understandable post.

As background, I also hold a BBA and an MS and have 20 years experience as a financial advisor with a major firm. Not bragging, just fact. Should the disaster that the conspiracy theorists envision ever occur, the last thing needed would be a precious metal that is difficult to transport, difficult to secure and has no actual value except as others view it. The important items to have on hand would be foodstuffs, clothing, medicine, shelter and a weapon to protect the family against predators, (both human or animal) and to procure game. Gold would be virtually useless. Gold's value is mostly due to it's perceived scarcity, as an inflation hedge and utility in manufacturing. You can't eat, most would not spend it and very few have the patience to hold it when it devalues substantially. I have never personally owned it nor recommended it as an investment.

There will always be people who think they know more about what is being "hidden" from the general population and believe those of us who disagree are naive. You and I will never convince them otherwise, just as they will never convince us of the vast conspiracies. Those who believe that Jade Helm is designed to enslave us remind me of the fellow who keeps a mouse as they frighten away elephants. It must work since there are no elephants.

Farmersfan
07-31-2015, 01:54 PM
I couldn't agree with you more and appreciate you putting it into a succinctly understandable post.

As background, I also hold a BBA and an MS and have 20 years experience as a financial advisor with a major firm. Not bragging, just fact. Should the disaster that the conspiracy theorists envision ever occur, the last thing needed would be a precious metal that is difficult to transport, difficult to secure and has no actual value except as others view it. The important items to have on hand would be foodstuffs, clothing, medicine, shelter and a weapon to protect the family against predators, (both human or animal) and to procure game. Gold would be virtually useless. Gold's value is mostly due to it's perceived scarcity, as an inflation hedge and utility in manufacturing. You can't eat, most would not spend it and very few have the patience to hold it when it devalues substantially. I have never personally owned it nor recommended it as an investment.

There will always be people who think they know more about what is being "hidden" from the general population and believe those of us who disagree are naive. You and I will never convince them otherwise, just as they will never convince us of the vast conspiracies. Those who believe that Jade Helm is designed to enslave us remind me of the fellow who keeps a mouse as they frighten away elephants. It must work since there are no elephants.

BOOM!!!!!! I tried for 2 years to say these exact same things. Facts about Gold: According to the gold Price Index the price of Gold has returned/lost these amounts the last 3 years. 2013= -28%, 2014= -1.4%, 2015= -8.1%. At the same time the stock market has yielded double digit returns each year. Another issue that people need to understand is the S&P 500 measures stock value growth and not income generated with dividends. So if you DRiP your dividends your returns are even greater.
Here is something everybody should see: I view a big drop in stock prices of good, solid companies as a "Buying opportunity". I don't view a drop in gold the same way...............

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/30/investing/gold-prices-could-drop-to-350/

Farmersfan
07-31-2015, 02:45 PM

Notice that right now the US dollar is stronger than it's been in 15 years.......................

regaleagle
08-22-2015, 08:07 PM
The Dow just dropped 50 pts. on Friday. The credit crunch is now being realized by all banking systems across the world. As China and other nations start feeling the crunch, and Grexit becomes only the first of many multiples of countries to go completely broke without credit, the banks will be forced to shut down and currencies around the globe will have to be reset. The credit crunch in the US will basically shut down commerce here, as it will be the reset of the dollar that breaks those that have assets based in dollars. No manufacturing, except for agriculture, will cause the US to basically become a Third World Country. You might expect money fleeing other nations for a safe haven in the US dollar on the short run, but that will be a short-lived event since the dollar is the World Reserve Currency and is basically a debt instrument. It's all about to unravel, folks.....and the Petrodollar is now DEAD with oil at $40/barrel. The Iran deal will be made with or without US participation for the rest of the ME for China and Russia.....who will eventually become the premier holders of world commerce. What you are witnessing and have been witnsessing is the final demise of King Dollar.....a planned demise that will enrich very few to the total despair of the American Middle Class and below. Even those wealthy individuals will lose 50% of their wealth if it is based in dollars. Most of the very wealthy have already moved their holdings in some way away from the dollar basis to protect it. What does this mean to those of us who have very little? It means commodities(food, supplies, clothing, everything) will become in short supply and the dollar will purchase less than it will right this minute. ANYTHING based in dollars will have less value. When the banks finally lose control, the Federal Reserve System worldwide will become meaningless as a global reset will be the only path left.....more than likely with the US settling trade in real assets and its people using a "different dollar" to transact commerce here in America. This will get ugly....very ugly....and we are close to the end of King Dollar. It is simply not sustainable, nor is it intended to be by those controlling things. The unravel when it happens will happen fast and furiously, but nobody knows exactly when. It will happen when the banks can no longer extend credit. When they can't use credit to transact business, that's when the dollar will begin its deep descent. You'll see the Markets come to halt first.....they have some automatic shut downs to close them down to stop the big drops.....but when they reopen we will see what happens next. Keep your eyes open wide and your ears tuned in between now and the end of the year.....it could happen at anytime......perhaps as early as this week upcoming. How's your PM stack looking?

regaleagle
08-22-2015, 08:26 PM
In other words.....ALL assets based in dollars, even cash in the bank, will lose its value when this crash occurs. If you have real estate, it will devalue, based on its dollar valuation. If you have $100k in stocks, bonds, recievables(like me), IRA's, or anything based on the dollar.....it will lose value as the purchasing power of the almighty dollar falls. It's a complex but inevitable result that will occur, and those that have much wealth are the ones that are the most privy to what's really happening. The rest of us bottomfeeders are just unprotected, plain and simple. JadeHelm is not a drill....it is for real. I think I'll trade some of those dollars this weekend for more storable supplies while my dollars still have a decent purchasing power. Supplies that I will use and need. That does include PM's, but mainly supplies I will need and use to get by when TSHTF.....coming to your neighborhood by the end of 2015, for sure.

regaleagle
08-22-2015, 08:56 PM
JadeHelm is not meant to enslave anyone.....only to control the masses when riots break out due to food and supplies shortages. It's a plan of action that will be put into effect when the system breaks down here in the US. They didn't spend billions on it for nonsensical reasons.....they know very well more than you or I about what most probably will happen. Do you actually think the world will continue to want our dollar in trade when it loses its Reserve Status? They are already trading across the globe without using dollars, and all those dollars worldwide will come home to roost.....driving its value down, down, down. There goes your purchasing power, our trade surpluses, and therefore serious problems called "shortages". This country is a consumer-based country.....no longer manufacturing.....the largest consumer nation in the world. But without the Petrodollar to support us in trade and keep the dollar strong worldwide, this whole debt system will come crashing down as a global reset takes its place. It is inevitable....end of story. That's why making preps is your best protection, and PM's will become the basis of the new World Currency paradigm. Those that are unprepared in even the smallest ways are the ones that will suffer the most. All things in moderation, I agree. But when moderation gets steamrolled, what then? For the most part we can do very little about it, but we can do some things to help ourselves. I've made my arguments FOR PM's vs Stocks in the long run, and I still stand by them. In the meantime, those of you which gambled and won in the stock market......bold and beautiful, baby! It was there to be made.....if you made the right picks. But it will not continue.....cannot continue much longer. And when it finally breaks down this go-round, there's just not enough ammunition left in the FED's arsenal to stem all the motherlode of adverse reactions that will occur because of it. Welcome to a world you have never seen in these United States. It's been brewing and covered for many decades, and its sustainability is at the end of the road now. This is what most experts across the globe now openly declare will happen.....it's just a matter of time.....and according to most the time is very short. We are at the End Game for King Dollar's supremacy, and therefore for our standard of living in the US.

regaleagle
08-23-2015, 02:08 PM
The paragraph above is a typo about the Dow drop. The stock market crashed 500+ points on Friday....not 50. The 2-day total of 888 points is larger than any single day crash in US history.....just to put everything in perspective. This is a serious indicator that the unraveling is underway. The markets will always be the first indicators, then come the banks. The domino effect could cause this kind of action to get out of the control of those that have been propping up with bubbleliciousness all the QE to infinity. Quantitative Easing is another term for printing as much paper money as time will allow for.....24/7. It will have very adverse effects and when the drops come, they will be steep drops because of it.

regaleagle
08-24-2015, 08:53 AM
This morning(monday) the Dow crashes again, down 1000 pts. but has rebounded by 8:30 am Central back to only 700 pts down. Still, the largest drop in US stockmarket history. Some experts are saying we can expect the markets to lose 10,000 pts. before it all shakes it.....which could take about a year. Looks like the markets will be up and down all day as volatility is very high. It could stabilize around 6% down by days end.....which would be a lot better than a full 10% loss. The problem is the markets are heavy with baby boomer retirements invested, and should this large segment pull their funds and run for safe havens, that's a majority of the money leaving. Millinealists will stay, but their market share pales by comparison to the boomers. If this market continues to drop, it could get very ugly and they may have to hit the automatic circuit breakers and shut down the markets to stop the losses in the short run. Maybe, maybe not.....we'll see what happens.

regaleagle
08-24-2015, 09:11 AM
West Texas Intermediate Crude is down below $37. The markets have just be open for less than a hour, so there may be some bounce back here in America as China sparks a global selloff. That money needs to find a place to go. China's stockmarkets are like a casino compared to the US stock market, and their markets are rigged by the government. The Chinese market crash does have global implications since they are now the largest producers of goods.

Farmersfan
08-26-2015, 09:31 AM
. The Dow was overvalued at 14000 before it dropped so bad in 2008 and it now sits at about 15400. Expect another fall to about 12000 soon (about 22%) and that should trigger a buying opportunity. Just my opinion though.

This is what I said 2 years ago.

Saggy Aggie
08-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Before too long it's going to be time to go all in on the energy stocks.... I've got a select few in mind in particular....

Not quite there yet, need to let it bottom out first.

Farmersfan
08-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Before too long it's going to be time to go all in on the energy stocks.... I've got a select few in mind in particular....

Not quite there yet, need to let it bottom out first.

For long term reliability the following stocks have returned an average of over 15% every year for the last 50 years: (including reinvestment of dividends)

Philip Morris, Abbott Labs, Bristol Myers, Phizer, Coca Cola and Merck.......... There are a lot more but these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I was also having a conversation with a buddy who kept referring to the Dow Industrial average as if it were the REAL barometer to the economic condition in America. Although the Dow is a strong measure of SHORT TERM movement in the stock world it is no longer a reliable source of long term production. These past 30 or so years the individual stocks within the Dow Industrial index have been changed and shuffled so much it can't possible represent any sort of indicator of the overall health of the stock market long term. Once they remove or add a single company that is doing well or not doing well the AVERAGE is skewed and it becomes useless........ Just some food for thought!

Farmersfan
08-27-2015, 08:51 AM
For long term reliability the following stocks have returned an average of over 15% every year for the last 50 years: (including reinvestment of dividends)

Philip Morris, Abbott Labs, Bristol Myers, Phizer, Coca Cola and Merck.......... There are a lot more but these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I was also having a conversation with a buddy who kept referring to the Dow Industrial average as if it were the REAL barometer to the economic condition in America. Although the Dow is a strong measure of SHORT TERM movement in the stock world it is no longer a reliable source of long term production. These past 30 or so years the individual stocks within the Dow Industrial index have been changed and shuffled so much it can't possible represent any sort of indicator of the overall health of the stock market long term. Once they remove or add a single company that is doing well or not doing well the AVERAGE is skewed and it becomes useless........ Just some food for thought!

Perhaps I should rephrase this. These stocks have returned a yearly average of 15% or more every year they have existed. Some of them have not existed for 50 years but I'm not aware of any companies older than that can make this claim......

ronwx5x
08-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Well, the week is over, the "crash" didn't last long, the banks are still open, the dollar is still hanging in there, oil is back above $40, Jade helm has retired without quelling any riots and the sky didn't fall or the baby boomers hide all their money under the mattress. Oh, and gold is down for the trailing 3 months.

Farmersfan
08-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Well, the week is over, the "crash" didn't last long, the banks are still open, the dollar is still hanging in there, oil is back above $40, Jade helm has retired without quelling any riots and the sky didn't fall or the baby boomers hide all their money under the mattress. Oh, and gold is down for the trailing 3 months.

LOL, imagine that! :thumbsup:

Farmersfan
08-31-2015, 09:14 AM
I think the unprecedented daily swings are the direct result of the panic that sets in every time something happens int he world. I don't remember a time in my life where there were so many people like Regaleagle that yelled "the sky is falling" so quickly and so loudly. And the stock market is public sentiment driven more today than at any point in history..... We may still be in for some rough seas ahead but we will get through it.

Farmersfan
09-28-2015, 10:13 AM
The Dow is at 16140 and the world has not come to an end. I'm remodeling my house despite the fact that armageddon is just around the corner. :thumbsup:

Everybody look at the Dodge & Cox Stock Fund. (DODGX). If you are a mutual fund investor this is a MUST have for your portfoliio................

Farmersfan
11-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Bump! The Dow is at 17585.00 right now and the world is still chuggin' right along. I've installed my armageddon bunker, purchased some nukes and learned how to grow vegetables under heat lamps................. What now? Oh, yea! I am installing a urine filtration system. Anyone want to come over and test it out? :p

Farmersfan
11-17-2015, 11:48 AM
gold price performance:

6 month: -11.74%
1 year: -8.39%
5 year: -19.02%

regaleagle
03-13-2016, 10:44 PM
Keep that bunker on ice, FF......you may need it down the road. And if you don't, you can always sell it to one of those "preppers", haha.....or maybe even the Federal Government. Or maybe even some relatives. Not sure about the heat lamps, though. Might wanna install some solar panels just to be on the safe side, huh? BTW.....how's your silver stash looking these days? I guess you know JP and the boys are buying all they can and hording it.

regaleagle
03-16-2016, 03:18 AM
There will always be those that are in denial......I guess FF is of that group. Our monetary system in the US is in a severe crisis, and the expanding of paper money will only exacerbate this crisis and speed up its eventual arrival. I hope those that are in denial like FF are in the vast minority and not the vast majority. As for me, I recognize the difference between commodity money and paper money, and the meaning of intrinsic value. I am also well aware of the historical record of paper money versus commodity money. Paper money systems have always failed and commodity money has never failed. Paper money is always used to fund governments.....always! Issuance of paper money is only a scheme by those in power to rob the people of their wealth.....end of story. So go play your stock markets and pop some champagne for your so called "gains". I suggest you take some of your paper gains and trade them for some hard assets as soon as possible.

regaleagle
05-30-2016, 10:26 AM
Precious metals is the ONLY protection against a currency implosion......which is what is exactly happening behind the scenes worldwide to the Almighty American Dollar. That means anything and everything based in dollars will greatly devalue(30%) when the big banks eventually collapse. The Western banking system is gonna go bye-bye and be replaced by a new gold-backed Treasury Notes system for world-wide trade. That means the Western Banking Cartel(US, Europe, Japan, et al) will become subordinate to the Chinese and Russian-backed currencies which are gold-backed. The trickle down hits home here in the USA to our back pockets as our internal dollar will then follow with devalutations that are estimated to dip below 25% initially, and perhaps another 25% sometime thereafter. In other words, trade will be based on gold-backed treasury notes and those countries with all the gold(Russia & China) will make the rules and control the trade. The Western economies will need to become re-industrialized (internally) in many new ways in order to quell this new shifting paradigm in world commerce. This could take a decade of suffering before the West could rebound.....not counting any wars. Wars are expensive in every way.....and the Western nations will no longer be able to afford them. They can't now, but the Western Banking Cartel uses their powers to stay afloat now. This will all be ending very soon, folks......so pull up your britches and get ready. Coming to your local bank soon. Go find a good credit union.....if that will help. The only thing that will help will be precious metals. You heard it here first about 3 yrs ago.....remember???

ronwx5x
05-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Precious metals is the ONLY protection against a currency implosion......which is what is exactly happening behind the scenes worldwide to the Almighty American Dollar. That means anything and everything based in dollars will greatly devalue(30%) when the big banks eventually collapse. The Western banking system is gonna go bye-bye and be replaced by a new gold-backed Treasury Notes system for world-wide trade. That means the Western Banking Cartel(US, Europe, Japan, et al) will become subordinate to the Chinese and Russian-backed currencies which are gold-backed. The trickle down hits home here in the USA to our back pockets as our internal dollar will then follow with devalutations that are estimated to dip below 25% initially, and perhaps another 25% sometime thereafter. In other words, trade will be based on gold-backed treasury notes and those countries with all the gold(Russia & China) will make the rules and control the trade. The Western economies will need to become re-industrialized (internally) in many new ways in order to quell this new shifting paradigm in world commerce. This could take a decade of suffering before the West could rebound.....not counting any wars. Wars are expensive in every way.....and the Western nations will no longer be able to afford them. They can't now, but the Western Banking Cartel uses their powers to stay afloat now. This will all be ending very soon, folks......so pull up your britches and get ready. Coming to your local bank soon. Go find a good credit union.....if that will help. The only thing that will help will be precious metals. You heard it here first about 3 yrs ago.....remember??? Gold is cheaper today than it was 3 years ago. The Russian Ruble is certainly not backed by gold and the Russian economy is a shambles. The Chinese economy is also teetering on disaster with their attempt to shift to a consumer based rather than manufacturing based economy.

regaleagle
05-31-2016, 01:42 AM
Putin is one of the wealthiest men in the world, and has made sure Russia has plenty of gold reserves.....unlike the West. The Shanghai Gold Exchange is now openly operating with many different countries and the LMBA is no longer setting the daily spot prices on gold. The Petro-dollar is no longer a replacement trade medium "currency" for gold and the world is no longer taking our dollars. They don't want to trade their manufactured goods for freshly printed paper that has no backing. US treasuries are being traded back to the US by the boatloads now.....it is only a matter of time until the Western Banking Cartel loses the dollar as the world's reserve currency.....and that time is actually upon us at this very moment. The Chinese have been buying gold from every available source for the past 8 yrs....and are one of the largest producers in the world. They never sell an ounce and have what many believe is the largest horde in the world......well over 20,000 tonnes. When the reset occurs, I'm sure the whole world will find out who really has all the gold......and it ain't the West. The Chinese do have some banking problems internally.....but nothing compared to the West. And they have the gold as well to overcome their internal economic problems.....as well as manufacturing and trade surpluses the West does not enjoy. Go figure again.

regaleagle
07-06-2016, 01:33 AM
BREXIT.......the vote that takes the Central Banks down. Deutshe Bank is falling apart. QE 4 is ominous and world wide currencies around the globe will soon have no choice but to hyperinflate......all the world currencies are connected one way or another. The Cartel (Central Banks) are in deep trouble......they have run out of ammo. What choices are left to prevent financial world crises? For most of the world, you cannot even buy precious metals now.......you cannot get it. The Cartel are losing control of the silver market which will lead the charge of the world gold market. Massive demand for precious metals worldwide is growing and has been growing for several years. Silver is the flashpoint because there is less physical available to the market.....the price suppressions have closed the mines......the institutional demands have overcome the commercials' suppressions......keep an eye on the silver price rising. Keep in mind that here in America 99.5% of the population has no precious metals. Canada right this moment is within a couple of dollars of an all-time high in the price of silver, and will easily eclipse that in the coming months......there's a world-wide shortage in the supply of silver due to the mine closures, the lack of production, the demand in industrial usages, the crashing world financial markets......people flocking worldwide to obtain some PM's but cannot get it. Here in the US there is still a small window of opportunity and supply still available, but for how much longer is the question to ask yourself now, folks. Geez......every single currency is in the late stages of collapsing and eventually when every currency goes to negative interest rates to hold it all together.......that's when hyperinflation worldwide will start occurring. Guess who has golden parachutes and who doesn't??? One serious question to ask......How much is your well-being worth to have some protection??? What is your children's future worth? Do what you want......just sayin'......I have nothing to do with any of this. I'm just an innocent bystander like you watching from afar as the world's financial crisis continues to unfold right in front of our noses. Good luck to all of you in the near future......I hope you can obtain some PM's when you finally decide you really should get some. God Bless.

regaleagle
07-07-2016, 04:43 AM
BTW, the financial portfolio of your average Asian family consists of no less than 50% precious metals while that of the average Western nations family is ZERO. The Chinese government and a few others like India openly urge their citizens to buy and keep on hand precious metals. In the end, their populations will support their own national economies when gold and silver again become the standard backing all world trade. You will never hear such from governments in the West......whose basis for operating their economies was taken over by the Federal Reserve system that took control of printing fiat to replace the gold standard way back in the late 20's. Then post WWII up until the Nixon era, most of the gold the US held was redistributed back to FirstWorld countries across the globe to help balance their economies so that the US could continue printing fiat and keep the American Dollar as the world's reserve currency......along with using the Petro-Dollar as our trade "currency" to counteract all the paper printing of a non-gold backed world reserve currency. Remove the petro-dollar and suddenly you have basically worthless paper as a reserve currency backed by nothing......no gold or silver......no strong manufacturing base......no nothing except the US military bases key locations around the world. It has taken 40 yrs since Nixon completely eliminated the gold standard in America, and almost 90 since the Federal Reserve was established and given free reign to print paper fiat without a gold backing. This experiment has lasted much longer than history shows any non-backed fiat has EVER lasted......but there was the industrialization of the West and then the petrodollar to support the paper printing. Those days are now gone.......the experiment has lost its wheels. All non-backed paper printing economies throughout recorded history have failed......every single one of them. Most do not last 40 yrs......much less going on 90. Without something worth value to back a paper currency, theft of the population occurs. The government takes goods/services/value from its citizenry in return for useless paper to stay afloat and to stay in power......until a revolution occurs to replace those in power. What do you think may happen here in the US when the welfare checks and food stamps.....and all the shortages in exports and food supplies begin to dwindle, huh??? When the trillions of dollars in IRA's and savings are scooped up by the government in return for dollars that are devalued at a rate of 30-50%??? Those in power will do whatever is necessary to stay in power as long as possible and continue to enrich themselves as long as possible.......then exit for their "safe havens" before all hell breaks lose. This is a historical fact that has occurred around the world for centuries. I seriously doubt the US national debt is only 18 trillion as they would have everyone believe. Wait until the T-Bills start coming home and all that worthless fiat that is spread all over the world. Then we will discover what our dollar is really worth......somewhere less than 2 cents in all actuality. Do you have some silver coins somewhere??? How about at least 50 silver dollars......999 pure??? You can still get some for about $23.00 each as of today's spot price.

regaleagle
08-05-2016, 08:39 AM
A tip from unheard sources: Go stock up now on all the gold and silver you can afford. Spend all your Federal Reserve Notes on bills, and keep the newer blue $100's that have the US Treasury backing......the others may become worthless paper. Sources say that's because the Federal Reserve System is now in its last days and will soon become extinct worldwide. Lots of big stuff going on behind the scenes now that will affect the lives of every American citizen.....especially the middle class and poor. Any IRA's, pensions, or other retirement savings should be moved to a Gold or Silver IRA regardless of any penalties incurred.....Or just cash them in and get your money while you still can......something is better than nothing. Whatever happens in the coming months and few years will not be good. The world as we know it in the USA will be slowly coming to a halt......it's already begun. Now the only question left is at what speed can the ramifications be controlled.....and who will be at the top making those decisions. It won't be any of our people here in the USA, that's for sure. We will be forced into giving up our resources to maintain an ever-declining standard of living from here on out.....so prepare and get used to it, folks.

BwdLion73
08-05-2016, 09:09 AM
:1popcorn:

regaleagle
02-19-2017, 10:41 AM
The Silver Doctors.com....ZeroHedge.com....Jim Willie The Golden Jackass.com.....Greg Hunter's USA Watchdog.com

Saggy Aggie
08-15-2017, 11:00 PM
I've never been a metals guy, always been a stock kinda guy, but we recently inherited some metals and I'm thinking I should keep it.

Price of gold is a little over half of its all time high and silver is nowhere close... about 1/5?

I could pocket a decent little chunk now but I'm a hold it and sell high kinda guy. Wonder how long it'll take to get back up there though?

regaleagle
09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Buy now while it's still low......you will be protecting yourself with real money, not paper fiat that always depreciates. In a short few years you will be glad you have the metals. Some say there will be a reset in 2018 where gold will go to $5000 upwards and silver will eventually "catchup" to gold at around 15:1 gold to silver ratio. Right now silver is at 75:1 ratio.....way out of whack with historical ratios. They suppress silver by design because of its valued industrial uses......but soon it won't matter. Besides, it's the money of us slaves......gold is the money of the very wealthy. When gold resets, you will see silver climb to the clouds......everybody will be getting out of their stocks and looking for a safe haven. When gold goes up, the dollar falls......this is why the Federal Reserve banksters try to suppress the metals as long as possible. King dollar has been the world's reserve currency ever since post WWII at the Bretton's Agreement. Ever since that time, the dollar has ruled around the world. There is no gold or silver standard backing up King dollar.......it had our oil and gas(petrodollar) agreements as a backing until the past decade......now those are gone. At $50/barrel, the petrodollar cannot support King Dollar around the world. Now the US government(owned by The Powers That Be and The Deep State) uses military actions and political coercion to keep the dollar circulating in world markets as the primary currency. But now that is no longer the case in many countries.......it will all be coming to an end soon. When the dollar loses its reserve status enough around the world, we will see it fall drastically.......and the metals will shoot upward like a rocket. Get your silver now for around $21......soon it will jump to $25, then a steady climb from there. Many financial experts say silver could be as high as $600/troy oz. by 2021. If you don't have it, you will not be able to get it......except for a very very high price. Better to get some now at its lowest price ever(comparing dollar spending power over history).......it will only go up from here in our lifetimes. If you owned 1000 oz. at $20 today and it rose to $500 in 4 yrs.......how much percentage gain would that be??? Let's see......$20,000 today and $500,000 in 4 yrs........that's $480,000 by today's spending power. If and when the dollar starts inflating and hyperinflating......the spending power of the dollar diminishes rapidly.....who knows what silver will really be worth in 4 yrs. Based on the value of the dollar at that time......at least it should keep up and surpass inflation in that period of time. This is what is meant by holding metals for insurance against a declining currency.......its purchasing power remains intact or increases over time. The trick is to acquire the silver when it is still available at a reasonably "low or rockbottom" price. At 75:1 ratio......I think you won't have anything to worry about.

regaleagle
09-08-2017, 08:10 AM
The historical gold to silver ratio thru the centuries has always been 15 to 1 down to 10 to 1........now it's almost 80 to 1 because of the supression by the powers that be to keep the dollar strong. Keeping the dollar strong means "they" keep their power. But too many other forces are at work now.......these are the last days of King dollar. The transition is already underway as I write these lines. When gold finally reaches $10,000 per troy oz........it is possible silver could climb to as high as $1,000 per troy oz.......a 10:1 ratio. There is less silver above ground than gold......it has so many more industrial usages at a fraction of the cost of gold.......it's our miracle metal. In the ground, the earth at one time had a ratio of about 15 times more silver than gold......hence the gold to silver value. But in today's world this is no longer true.....mining thru the years has greatly reduced that ratio.......silver is used up in products whereas gold is not. Gold is hoarded as real money for the very wealthy......silver is not. Gold has always been hoarded and passed down thru the centuries.......silver has not. Now silver is much rarer than ever before......perhaps even more than gold.......but the very wealthy do not want it to be valuable. Those holding and hoarding gold want to keep the value of gold high......even though there is more of it above ground than silver and it has very little industrial use. I hope you can see now what kind of forces are at work here and the true value of silver in our world today........silver is truly the most underpriced commodity on planet earth right now.......but it will not remain this way for much longer.

regaleagle
04-20-2018, 10:50 AM
What were those websites again??? USA Watchdog.com, Zero-Hedge.com, SilverDoctors.com, SGT Report, JS Mineset, and many more. Go get some silver folks......even just a tube a month.....and start stacking some now. A little bit of acreage and living "small" would be a good idea too.......growing a garden and becoming more self-sufficient. Even if you just rent, find a place more rural and begin living a simpler, more self-reliant lifestyle. I wish I had the means to live differently and have more choices.......some of you do and yet have done nothing. Time to do some research and reassess your lifestyle.....and where your dollar is going. We all know where THE DOLLAR is destined......to rob you of your purchasing power......like all fiat currencies have done in history thruout the centuries. Its lifetime is drawing nigh......soon. I'm not the guru.......just an informed nothing. Geez......just imagine what I could do IF I hit the lotto. Good luck on that, Huh?