PDA

View Full Version : Dubina Church Picnic

Scoop27
07-07-2013, 10:23 PM
One the best catholic church picnics in Dubina I've been yet so far early this summer- Located 5 miles outside of Weimar off Hwy 90 on the way to Schulenburg
Great fried chicken, sausage, saurkraut, green beans and butter potatoes, free deseert and free tea with kids pouring refills at your table.
Great cold $2 beer with three great polka bands and friendly folks. My only mistake was buying to much at the auction but it was for a good cause. Even played Bingo
Waited 45 minutes in line to get food but met a lot of friendly folks and time went by fast.
It was a fun filled 6 hour day and even danced some polkas and waltzes. Weather was not that hot with a breeze and shower which really cooled things off.
This was my second one in four days as went to St. John's outside of Schulenburg on July 4
All the community comes out and supports and volunteers their time.
Next one is July 21 in Moravia outside of Schulenburg.
Nothing can beat these picnics on a Sunday afternoon

Saggy Aggie
07-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Great info as usual scoop. :thumbsup:

Phil C
07-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Scoop, I admire the Catholic Church.

Ernest T Bass
07-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Huh?

speedbump
07-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Huh?

If you were street smart you would understand.

maestro
07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
One the best catholic church picnics in Dubina I've been yet so far early this summer- Located 5 miles outside of Weimar off Hwy 90 on the way to Schulenburg
Great fried chicken, sausage, saurkraut, green beans and butter potatoes, free deseert and free tea with kids pouring refills at your table.
Great cold $2 beer with three great polka bands and friendly folks. My only mistake was buying to much at the auction but it was for a good cause. Even played Bingo
Waited 45 minutes in line to get food but met a lot of friendly folks and time went by fast.
It was a fun filled 6 hour day and even danced some polkas and waltzes. Weather was not that hot with a breeze and shower which really cooled things off.
This was my second one in four days as went to St. John's outside of Schulenburg on July 4

Is there ANYONE on the Downlow as CULTURED as scoop?

BwdLion73
07-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Is there ANYONE on the Downlow as CULTURED as scoop?

Don't think so...now if someone passing through would drop off a magazine for him he would be complete.

:thumbsup:

Matthew328
07-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Don't think so...now if someone passing through would drop off a magazine for him he would be complete.

:thumbsup:

he could have had one delivered to his house for free....just sayin

lostaussie
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Is there ANYONE on the Downlow as CULTURED as scoop?I am beginning to think he and Phil C are very closely related:D

Phil C
07-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I am beginning to think he and Phil C are very closely related:D

Thank you. All compliments are appreciated.

speedbump
07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
he could have had one delivered to his house for free....just sayin

When is he ever at home?

Matthew328
07-08-2013, 04:22 PM
When is he ever at home?

Good point...touring the state looking for church picnics?

Saggy Aggie
07-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Good point...touring the state looking for church picnics?

Lol polka dancing is important business

hookandladder
07-09-2013, 08:22 AM

Nothing like Church Picnic , I was at Dubina last year but was not able to make this year. There are many more coming up this summer, my home town picnic ( Cistern) coming up in late Aug. and many more. The home cooked meal is off the charts , if anyone on this board has never been to a picnic and had the meal you have never tasted real food. Just my 2 cents.

Saggy Aggie
07-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Nothing like Church Picnic , I was at Dubina last year but was not able to make this year. There are many more coming up this summer, my home town picnic ( Cistern) coming up in late Aug. and many more. The home cooked meal is off the charts , if anyone on this board has never been to a picnic and had the meal you have never tasted real food. Just my 2 cents.

Scoop? Is that you?

44INAROW
07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Scoop? Is that you?

you guys are funny :taunt:

Ernest T Bass
07-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Is this some kinda bit?

Matthew328
07-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Is this some kinda bit?

Bits are fun

speedbump
07-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Once you've seen Scoop eating at one of those picnics,you'll know the real reason he's called Scoop.

zebrablue2
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
once you've seen scoop eating at one of those picnics,you'll know the real reason he's called scoop.

rofl

Weebe
07-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Is this some kinda bit?

Believe it or not, it is not a bit.