PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore vs. Lubbock Estacado Sept. 6

Matthew328
07-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Yes I'm taking some credit for getting this game set up....I suggested that Coach Servance contact Kilgore on twitter when he tweeted out he needed a Week 1 game....game is in Flower Mound although I'm not sure if its at FMHS or Marcus..

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-04-2013, 03:52 PM
You setting up games now like Carl Padilla?

I know PI was trying to get out of a Week 4 or Week 5 game against a private school, supposedly they had something in the works for a non-district game against Somerset, but it fell through.

Personally, I'd love to see a Port Isabel vs. Midland Greenwood matchup. Or maybe something a little more daring. Port Isabel vs. Celina perhaps?

Sadly, it seems as though Harlingen is the only RGV team Carl Padilla is willing to set a game up with. Maybe Matt you could give some of the lower classes some love?

Matthew328
07-04-2013, 03:57 PM
I've set up about 5-6 games this alignment. If someone calls me I try to help them, same with Carl. If the coach doesn't ask for help we dont help them. PI doesnt take Padilla's service so he's not going to help them. Part of his service is helping coaches who are his customers find games.

buckeyebob
07-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Am I missing something? What happened to Kilgore vs Bullard that week?

Matthew328
07-04-2013, 04:43 PM
pretty sure Kilgore and Bullard aren't playing Week 1

cr180t
07-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Matt has set up several games.

Aesculus gilmus
07-06-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/news/2013-07-03/Front_Page/KHS_announces_2013_football_slate.html

Kilgore paper just happened to do an article about the schedule the other day. Bullard game is on Oct. 4.

Matthew328
07-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Game is cancelled....not sure why they ever decided to play in Flower Mound..made more sense to me to play in Aledo or Mineral Wells

Aesculus gilmus
07-19-2013, 11:02 AM
This game never made any sense anyhow, particularly with fuel prices at these levels.

Even with as rabid as our fan base is, Gilmer did not take all that large a crowd to Plano last year and the gas price was definitely a factor.

Another factor was that it was on a Friday rather than a Saturday and people couldn't get off work. This game was going to be on Friday as well. Not very smart if you want much of a crowd to show up.

I'm sorry it fell through since you helped set it up and I know you can't control either gas prices or whether they play on Saturday or not. Last year Kilgore played a similar long-distance game against Sweeny, but it was on a Saturday, IIRC.

Aggie98
07-19-2013, 11:20 AM
This game never made any sense anyhow, particularly with fuel prices at these levels.

Even with as rabid as our fan base is, Gilmer did not take all that large a crowd to Plano last year and the gas price was definitely a factor.

Another factor was that it was on a Friday rather than a Saturday and people couldn't get off work. This game was going to be on Friday as well. Not very smart if you want much of a crowd to show up.

I'm sorry it fell through since you helped set it up and I know you can't control either gas prices or whether they play on Saturday or not. Last year Kilgore played a similar long-distance game against Sweeny, but it was on a Saturday, IIRC.

We played Sweeny in Crockett last year on a Saturday night. That was a 2-hour drive. Lewisville is a good 3-hour drive for us, 5 hours for Estacado.... on a Friday. That's a PITA for a game that doesn't mean anything.

Matthew328
07-19-2013, 01:11 PM
We played Sweeny in Crockett last year on a Saturday night. That was a 2-hour drive. Lewisville is a good 3-hour drive for us, 5 hours for Estacado.... on a Friday. That's a PITA for a game that doesn't mean anything.

I actually didnt set the location up though...LOL I just paired the two teams together...both schools really wanted to play a 10th game (as evidenced by Estacado still scheduling a game w/Melissa) I didnt understand the locale or the fact the game was on a Friday