07-04-2013, 10:20 AM
#1 thru 32

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1424329

Gsquared
07-05-2013, 01:13 PM
hit any miss any?

bobcat1
07-05-2013, 01:22 PM
All sounded pretty good to me. The logic is there as long as luck, injuries and grades hold up for all.

Gsquared
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
All sounded pretty good to me. The logic is there as long as luck, injuries and grades hold up for all.

Yea, very true

Ville-D
07-05-2013, 02:05 PM
hit any miss any?

Anytime Terry doesn't rank Stephenville #1 is a good day. When will I be getting my tickets to be in the studio audience. I feel like ole TB might be vetoing my entry. I've got a bottle of Deep Eddies for you from your Uncle Pat.

Gsquared
07-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Anytime Terry doesn't rank Stephenville #1 is a good day. When will I be getting my tickets to be in the studio audience. I feel like ole TB might be vetoing my entry. I've got a bottle of Deep Eddies for you from your Uncle Pat.

The bottle is your ticket! And if Uncle Pat had the bottle, how is there anything left in it?

toddg
07-05-2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/14389/good_and_evil.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

buckeyebob
07-05-2013, 03:51 PM
As usual, great job...you have it right...this could be a very good year for East Texas...and it will start in 55 days...Thursday night, August 28th, Atlanta comes to Buckeye Stadium...nothing like FNF

Gsquared
07-06-2013, 05:27 PM
As usual, great job...you have it right...this could be a very good year for East Texas...and it will start in 55 days...Thursday night, August 28th, Atlanta comes to Buckeye Stadium...nothing like FNF
Thanks , 10-32 were tuff but after all the research I think we nailed it

Gsquared
07-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Doing the 2A districts this week

Ville-D
07-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Doing the 2A districts this week

You going to 7v7 tourney?

regaleagle
07-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Regarding Ian Sadler of Argyle, I don't think the new OC will have him taking the snap every down. I look for Boyzuick to be back under center at least 50% of the time(he's a Sr. this year and has made great progress after only one year at the helm). Besides, since Sadler is so valuable and such a threat to defenses, why would Argyle allow teams to load the line when he's under center??? By keeping them guessing between Sadler and Ralston in the backfield, and Boyzuick doing the dealing and the passing, I would think that would make more sense offensively. Allowing Sadler more touches will happen....I just don't see it happening fulltime under center when there's a very good qb coming back his senior season. And why put Sadler against so many when he's much more effective one on one. I'm just guessing, but I would let Boyzuick take a majority of the snaps. There just seems to be more offensive strategy and options that way. Boyzuick can also run the ball...don't forget that. He just hasn't needed to very much with the offense we ran last season. This season will be different....in lots of ways.

PS>>>>do you think maybe there may be shades of a Gilmer offensive strategy in the works for Argyle this season??? Maybe just a "shadow effect" at times is what I'm saying....but with Argyle's style of smash and finesse mixing it up.

bd62
07-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Gsquarded I really enjoyed talking football with you at the Cuero-Giddings game last yr. Me and Old Green were setting together and I had a blast. I was going thru Chemo and Radiation treatment at MDA as a out patience with weekends off. I want to visit Coach Locke who was my GS football secondary coach and baseball top assistant coach when he was at Cuero and now is back in Giddings. After you told me about your weekly show with your buddy I never missed listening rest of yr. you guys were right on most of time. Since then I had surgery in early January and got a great report in April showing no sign of cancer. Eating well and gaining weigh and close to where they want me at 180 lbs. I been very blessed and many from 3a DownLow and many churches in Cuero-Yoakum area were praying for me. I am really looking forward to this yrs season because my oldest GS graduated and have another starting 7 grade at Cuero. I plan on going to Yoakum games when they are at home and Cuero when they are at Home the schedule fits that perfect. Then they play in Yoakum this yr and have a change to beat Cuero 3 yrs in row which has not happen since the 1930's. I also plan on watching other top games in area with my buddy from Victoria. I live in a perfect spot in county 14 miles from Yoakum where my 4 kids went to HS and 17 miles from Cuero where I have 4 GS in Sports there. Very blessed and hope my health allows me to enjoy all these fine High schools play football. I know263a is going to be a battle every Friday nite like last yr

regaleagle
07-08-2013, 01:45 AM
That's good stuff bd62....I'm happy to hear about your great report. You may know my cousin Richard who is the pastor for the First Baptist Church there in Yoakum. Just thought you'd like to hear a shout-out from an old Goliad Tiger from the early 70's, and my connection to your area. I hope you enjoy a great season watching the action down there in 26-3A. BTW, I am now living in Fredericksburg and will be checking out the local action in this district while also following my Argyle Eagles. Go Battling Billies!!! See....I'm ready to support the local boys, too.

D'Highlander
07-08-2013, 07:13 AM
One of my favorite shows so far because you take the time to hit on all the districts. :clap: I understand that cant always happen but good stuff!

buckeyebob
07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Regarding Ian Sadler of Argyle, I don't think the new OC will have him taking the snap every down. I look for Boyzuick to be back under center at least 50% of the time(he's a Sr. this year and has made great progress after only one year at the helm). Besides, since Sadler is so valuable and such a threat to defenses, why would Argyle allow teams to load the line when he's under center??? By keeping them guessing between Sadler and Ralston in the backfield, and Boyzuick doing the dealing and the passing, I would think that would make more sense offensively. Allowing Sadler more touches will happen....I just don't see it happening fulltime under center when there's a very good qb coming back his senior season. And why put Sadler against so many when he's much more effective one on one. I'm just guessing, but I would let Boyzuick take a majority of the snaps. There just seems to be more offensive strategy and options that way. Boyzuick can also run the ball...don't forget that. He just hasn't needed to very much with the offense we ran last season. This season will be different....in lots of ways.

PS>>>>do you think maybe there may be shades of a Gilmer offensive strategy in the works for Argyle this season??? Maybe just a "shadow effect" at times is what I'm saying....but with Argyle's style of smash and finesse mixing it up.

Looking forward to another leason on how it's done...he, he, he

Gsquared
07-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Gsquarded I really enjoyed talking football with you at the Cuero-Giddings game last yr. Me and Old Green were setting together and I had a blast. I was going thru Chemo and Radiation treatment at MDA as a out patience with weekends off. I want to visit Coach Locke who was my GS football secondary coach and baseball top assistant coach when he was at Cuero and now is back in Giddings. After you told me about your weekly show with your buddy I never missed listening rest of yr. you guys were right on most of time. Since then I had surgery in early January and got a great report in April showing no sign of cancer. Eating well and gaining weigh and close to where they want me at 180 lbs. I been very blessed and many from 3a DownLow and many churches in Cuero-Yoakum area were praying for me. I am really looking forward to this yrs season because my oldest GS graduated and have another starting 7 grade at Cuero. I plan on going to Yoakum games when they are at home and Cuero when they are at Home the schedule fits that perfect. Then they play in Yoakum this yr and have a change to beat Cuero 3 yrs in row which has not happen since the 1930's. I also plan on watching other top games in area with my buddy from Victoria. I live in a perfect spot in county 14 miles from Yoakum where my 4 kids went to HS and 17 miles from Cuero where I have 4 GS in Sports there. Very blessed and hope my health allows me to enjoy all these fine High schools play football. I know263a is going to be a battle every Friday nite like last yr

Hey bd62, was good meeting you too. Sounds like you won the fight!!!! Thanks for listening and the kind words!!! Hopefully ill see you two again this year!

regaleagle
07-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to another leason on how it's done...he, he, he

Do you mean "lesson" or "season" when you write "leason"??? Or is this just another Gilmer ploy to confuse the opposition, lol????

jason
07-08-2013, 09:55 PM
so how can we rate the accuracy of these rankings? # of playoff wins?

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2013, 12:19 AM
so how can we rate the accuracy of these rankings? # of playoff wins?

like we said on show..I think we might do that show again after season is done to see how it stacked up

buckeyebob
07-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Do you mean "lesson" or "season" when you write "leason"??? Or is this just another Gilmer ploy to confuse the opposition, lol????

Should have been lesson...old, fat fingers. poor eyesite, etc

bd62
07-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Regal Eagle for the kind words. I know Richard well . We were timers at Yoakum Tom Tom Relays for close to 20 yrs.He had I think 2 boys that were very good Football atYHS and is a big supporter of YHS sports and is also a great person that really helps the youths at his church in Yoakum. They probably have more young people at his church that any church on our area

Blue42
07-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks Regal Eagle for the kind words. I know Richard well . We were timers at Yoakum Tom Tom Relays for close to 20 yrs.He had I think 2 boys that were very good Football atYHS and is a big supporter of YHS sports and is also a great person that really helps the youths at his church in Yoakum. They probably have more young people at his church that any church on our area

bd62 I know that we did a lot of praying for you good to see you back to your old self . Looking forward to seeing you and the family at the JH games to watch Tan Man hope you can hang around and watch Drew and the 8th graders also.

bd62
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks Blue 42. I looking forward to watching Tanner and I will stay and watch Drew. My passion for High School Sports is still with me . I really enjoyed watching Ross catching all those passes. My wife parked our car by the scoreboard and had a good view of the home games last yr. We would leave MDA in time on Friday to barely get to the kickoff. Then I got to see all of Dustin and Ross baseball games. Very bless and I am so thankfully for all the prayers on my behalf