PDA

View Full Version : Any of you downlowers live in San Antonio

Old Tiger
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm moving there in August to around the middle of North Castle Hills and Lockhill Estates. I read that it is in the Churchill school district and it is a pretty good district. Anyone know anything about the neighborhoods there.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-02-2013, 10:34 PM
You poor thing.....

Matthew328
07-02-2013, 10:35 PM
nice area you'll be close to the Godfather of HS football

Old Tiger
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
nice area you'll be close to the Godfather of HS football

I thought Phil C lived in Sinton? lol

Old Tiger
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
You poor thing.....

It's only for a year then it will be back to Austin.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I thought Phil C lived in Sinton? lol

I think he's referring to Carl Padilla....

I wouldn't wish San Antonio on my worst enemy, though. It's a RGV thing, though. We just don't like each other.

Old Tiger
07-02-2013, 10:45 PM
I think he's referring to Carl Padilla....

I wouldn't wish San Antonio on my worst enemy, though. It's a RGV thing, though. We just don't like each other.

Right on, I remember stopping in Port Isabel on my way to Padre Island to have a good last meal before spring break. It was a Mexican food place next to a gas station ran by Asians. Damn good food. I can't remember a name and I'm sure it has changed since then.

navscanmaster
07-02-2013, 11:21 PM
South of Helotes. Moving to Boerne next year if everything stays as planned.

panfan
07-02-2013, 11:41 PM
Grew up in SA, lived on the other side of town in the late 70s early 80s. Back then, that side of town (churchill area) was the Swanky place to be. Churchill folk always called us the country bumpkins. Wife lived over there, nice neighborhoods. Don't know how much Churchill has changed since then, and SA has grown so much, but it is probably still a fairly good side of town.

regaleagle
07-03-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm living out in Fredericksburg now, but I know that area of SA. We look at hail damaged roofs around the SA area, and that area has great neighborhoods. The location is easy-access with nice shopping closeby. The majority of homeowners there are satisfied with living in that area of SA and the schools there. Couple of good golf courses over there, too!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Right on, I remember stopping in Port Isabel on my way to Padre Island to have a good last meal before spring break. It was a Mexican food place next to a gas station ran by Asians. Damn good food. I can't remember a name and I'm sure it has changed since then.

How long ago was that? I've never known of a Mexican restaurant run by Asians....interesting!

If you're ever in Port Isabel again, I HIGHLY recommend Isabel's Cafe for breakfast. Some of the BIGGEST damn breakfast tacos you'll ever see, and they are very affordable too. Most of the times I eat there, I'm outta there for less than $9 bucks and I'm completely stuffed!

Old Tiger
07-03-2013, 12:40 AM
How long ago was that? I've never known of a Mexican restaurant run by Asians....interesting!

If you're ever in Port Isabel again, I HIGHLY recommend Isabel's Cafe for breakfast. Some of the BIGGEST damn breakfast tacos you'll ever see, and they are very affordable too. Most of the times I eat there, I'm outta there for less than $9 bucks and I'm completely stuffed!

Spring 07/08/09

Tejastrue
07-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Constantly on the move are you OT?? When the heck are you going to finally make up your mind where exactly it is that you are going to live? Austin?? Kyle?? Wimberley?? San Marcos?? San Antonio?? I think your decision making has been impaired..lol...

Old Tiger
07-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Constantly on the move are you OT?? When the heck are you going to finally make up your mind where exactly it is that you are going to live? Austin?? Kyle?? Wimberley?? San Marcos?? San Antonio?? I think your decision making has been impaired..lol...I lived in San Marcos for the last year, my lease is over in August. Going to San Antonio for a a year then going to decide where the lady wants to move to.

NastySlot
07-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm living out in Fredericksburg now, but I know that area of SA. We look at hail damaged roofs around the SA area, and that area has great neighborhoods. The location is easy-access with nice shopping closeby. The majority of homeowners there are satisfied with living in that area of SA and the schools there. Couple of good golf courses over there, too!

living in Fred for a long haul or just temp.? I live in the area.