PDA

View Full Version : The Truth Comes Out...

Kool Tarpon 21
09-03-2002, 11:11 PM
Quote stated by L.Anorga in another forum:

OK, I'VE BEEN READING ALL OVER THE VALLEY NEWSPAPER AND ALL I SEE IS THAT RIO HONDO IS DEFENDING THE 32-AAA CHAMPIONSHIP I THOUGHT THAT THE PI TARPONS HAD BEATEN THEM THEREFORE UIL RECOGNIZES THEM AS THE DISTRICT 32-AAA CHAMPS AND RIO HONDO AS CO-CHAMPS. COME ON THIS IS A NEW SEASON AND 2001 STAYED BEHIND... RIO HONDO GIVE ME A BREAK YOU ALL ARE SO LAME USING THOSE TYPES OF MEDIA AND PRESS COVERAGES TO HYPE UP YOUR PROGRAM COME ON WHEN IT CAME TIME TO PLAY THE GAME YOU LOST TO PI... YOU AT LEAST OWE THEM THAT RESPECT ONE POINT IS ONE MORE THAN WHAT YOU ALL GOT..DO NOT GET ME WRONG MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN BUT DUDE REALITY CHECK PI BEAT YOU ALL BY ONE POINT AND THAT DEAR FRIENDS CONSTITUTES FOR A LITTLE MORE RESPECT FROM YOUR ATHLETIC PROGRAM.. I KNOW TALKING TRASH IS ALL IN GOOD FAITH BUT IF YOU CONSTANTLY RUB IT IN THAT YOU ARE THE DISTRICT..... I CHALLENGE YOU TO REPRESENT YOUR BALL CLUB RESPECTFULLY IN GOOD SPORTMANSHIP FASHION LIKE IT SHOULD BE... PLEASE IT IS TIME TO STOP HATING THE PLAYER AND PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL 32-AAA TEAMS

Big Tarp 74
09-04-2002, 01:23 PM
I am very supprised, about Rio Hondo being made the District Champ. What I remember was PI was District Champ, and Rio Hondo was CO-Champ. The reason was PI beat Rio Hondo in the Head to Head game. PI won 7 to 6. According to the San Benito News in the Rio Grande Valley High School Football Preview 2002, Managing Editor Ray Quiroga stated that "Notably, the defending champs, Rio Hondo Bobcats are once again looking to make trouble in the district". Did I miss something last season? I get the feeling that the media is tired of Port Isabel, they want some other team to lead the district. The difference is Port Isabel is more consistent at reaching the playoffs, and winning more often in the playoffs, why the media tends to put down the Tarpons year after year is beond me. I would think you would want to promote them. They make the valley look good in general. But when the media put them down, it also make the valley look silly. How can they be good, but you want them out, make no sense. Forget about the media, and keep proving them wrong. One day the lights will come on.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 04, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
09-04-2002, 02:45 PM
Collier Sharp list PI first in last years final standings.

Kool Tarpon 21
09-06-2002, 06:46 AM
I don't know why they say that Rio Hondo is the defending champions, but I don't really care. That was last year and we know we won, so I don't really care what the media has to say. What I do care about is doing good this season. We're trying very hard to accomplish what we are trying to accomplish. It starts off with tomorrow's game and we will go out there and give it our best. We don't really care about what the media says. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif