PDA

View Full Version : Regional pages - 2013

Yoe_09
07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Alright, it's that time of the year again. I am about to start working on the regional pages for the 2013 season.

What to expect:

Main Region Pages:
- My top 10 every week
- Fan poll top 10
- Regional GOTW's
- Statewide Pick'Em games w/ results
- Weekly schedules
- Weekly results
- Undefeated team (starting after week 5)

District Pages:
- Records & standings
- Previous weeks results
- Full schedules W/ results
- Mini team previews
- TOC, DCTF, Yoe_09, as well as fan poll predictions for each district.

New additions for the 2013 season:

- Statewide Pick'Em Contest: I have decided that, instead of doing a pick'em for each region, we would do a state wide pick'em each week. Each region will have at least 2 games each week, with the other two being the top 2 games available. I will post results and new games each week.

Schedule of what to expect during the season:

- Firday night or Saturday morning: expect all scores to be posted and updated on the district pages.
- Saturday: A new poll for the regional GOTW's. The poll will close Monday at 8:00 p.m..
- Saturday: A new poll for the regional top 10's. The poll will close Monday at 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday or Sunday afternoon: A new poll for the statewide pick'em. The poll will close either Thursday or Friday before the earliest start time.

Suggestions for this season?:

Is there anything that you would like to see added to the regional or district pages this season? I know there were some complaints about how the regional GOTW's worked last year. If you guys want I can go ahead and just pick a GOTW. If that was the case, this would get spread out more and would be more evenly divided between the districts. We can also keep if the way it has been for the past several years.....people vote and the most votes get the GOTW. Let me know what yall are thinking here? I have included a poll to where you can chose an option there.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Leaving it up to the fans will just lead to the same problem that occurred last year. Same few teams will be getting GoTW every week.

I say, pick an "interesting" matchup for each district. Then out of the 8 choices, you choose one you feel is the most interesting. No team can have GoTW more than twice in the season. Will give other teams a chance at being 3ADL R4 GoTW.

Now when it comes to playoffs, I say just leave the call up to you.

defense51
07-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Let the 3ADL voters decide the games they want as GOTW, they usually provide more traffic, posts, and are more entertaining. That's my opinion anyway.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Let the 3ADL voters decide the games they want as GOTW, they usually provide more traffic, posts, and are more entertaining. That's my opinion anyway.

If that ends up being the choice, make it a rule that posters cannot vote for their own team for GoTW.

YTBulldogs
07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
If that ends up being the choice, make it a rule that posters cannot vote for their own team for GoTW.

How you gonna regulate that? Just get more posters down there on here, and stuff the ballot box like they do here.

Tejastrue
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Yep. Time to recruit all of your hometown buddies. I also think the poll needs to remain open for awhile. It is a little early.

Rabid Cougar
07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Alright, it's that time of the year again. I am about to start working on the regional pages for the 2013 season.

What to expect:

Weekly update on the Cameron Yoemen.

Yoe_09
07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Weekly update on the Cameron Yoemen.

I can most certainly provide that as well.

Yoe_09
07-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I forgot to mention this, but if you have location or time changes in your schedule from last year, let me know. I will change the dates for all the games, so these would be the only changes that would need to be made.

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I forgot to mention this, but if you have location or time changes in your schedule from last year, let me know. I will change the dates for all the games, so these would be the only changes that would need to be made.
I think all the Home/Away will need to be reversed, for most, as well.

GreenMonster
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
The whole point of the downlow is to get information from teams all across the state through the eyes of their fans but due to the overwhelming numbers of posters that some schools have I think it would be in everyone's best interest to have a neutral party select the games. Broader exposure to shed some light on under represented up and coming teams.

BILLYFRED0000
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM
GOTW in each region requires that people from the areas not getting votes get into the game and explain what and why.
The schools that are more enthusiastic and with great records continue to get attention because they continue to win. But a great rivalry game can be between two teams in the cellar and still be an awesome game. Celina Pilot Point games used to be some of the best games in the state back when both teams basically played the same systems.. You just knew it was going to be a slobberknocker no luv lost type of game and it always was. We need more of that in some of these games and we need to know when from people connected to those teams. Otherwise go with what you know.

Manso/V8
08-25-2013, 12:11 AM
You should nominate the games, then let the fans vote.
Don't nominate marginal games for popular teams that always seem to win the fan vote.

GOTW teams need to have some kind of support on the board to make the threads interesting.