PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Hotels

BaseballUmp
06-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time no see. Hope everyone has been doing well! I need some help picking a good hotel around the Ballpark in Arlington. Going to the Rangers/Astros game next Friday night with the girl and wanted to find somewhere close to the stadium to stay. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on nightlife and cute stuff to do or places to see, that would be appreciated as well.

bwdlionfan
06-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time no see. Hope everyone has been doing well! I need some help picking a good hotel around the Ballpark in Arlington. Going to the Rangers/Astros game next Friday night with the girl and wanted to find somewhere close to the stadium to stay. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on nightlife and cute stuff to do or places to see, that would be appreciated as well.

I lived in Arlington for 7 years so I never stayed in hotels there (and now I live close enough that when I go I come home that night). But as for places to go nearby.... after the game go to Sherlock's. They have great food, good drinks, and live music every night. Best of all there is no cover charge. Sometimes Ranger players even go in there after games. You'll see a large mix of people there, from 21 year olds up to people in their 50s. It's very large, there are also outside tables, and 3 different rooms to hang out in.

Before the game you should check out Gilligans. It's on Abrams Street. Order Irish Nachos. Gilligans made the travel channel for top bar foods because of their Irish Nachos. Or you could do burgers at Airways on Collins.

The only hotel in the area that I know anything at all about is the La Quinta at 360 and I-30. I know some people who have stayed there several times and seem to like it. As for 'cute' things to do during the day, there is shopping at Lincoln Square Shopping Center (where Sherlocks is), but the main shopping in Arlington is down on I-20 in Arlington Highlands (exit Collins Street) and/or The Parks Mall (exit Cooper Street).

maestro
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Why do I feel Ed McMahon should now chime in...

Wow, EVERYTHING we could ever know.....

Ok, I'm old..does anyone else remember how he used to try and embarrass Carson after Carson would talk lengthy on a subject????

Bosqueville
06-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Can't go wrong with the La Quinta by Six Flags.

BaseballUmp
06-30-2013, 09:27 PM
I let her pick :/ but I think it's going to be the Wingate by Windham so we don't have to pay for parking at the game.

Cam
06-30-2013, 09:29 PM
We just got back from Friday's game. Stayed at La Quinta by Six Flags. Nice. Took their shuttles to the game and back to avoid the driving.....

Emerson1
07-01-2013, 10:02 AM
My uncles and cousins come up once a year for a game and have always stayed at the La Quinta. Free shuttle to the game and there is a bar downstairs. We parked at the lot and caught the shuttle with them. Going back was a drag, it took about 30-45 minutes because so many people were staying there. To sketchy to walk back though.