PDA

View Full Version : Burnet is SCARY!!!

sinfan75
11-28-2003, 11:49 PM
Sinton did every thing they could defensively to slow em down but it's REAL hard to stop that type offense.Kinda like the Southlake offense ain't it?Any how good luck in your run to the Championship.Whoever plays em gonna be runnin their ass off.

SINTON81
11-28-2003, 11:58 PM
I know one thing Shipley is going to be sore tomorrow, he was hammered pretty good and got up hurting several times.

j_dog
11-29-2003, 02:09 AM
SINTON81:
I know one thing Shipley is going to be sore tomorrow, he was hammered pretty good and got up hurting several times.Shipley is tough. Against Jasper last year he reportedly was nursing injuries from the Sinton game the week before, but it certainly didn't seem to slow him down.

sinton 1316
11-29-2003, 02:12 AM
j_dog:

SINTON81:
I know one thing Shipley is going to be sore tomorrow, he was hammered pretty good and got up hurting several times.Shipley is tough. Against Jasper last year he reportedly was nursing injuries from the Sinton game the week before, but it certainly didn't seem to slow him down.i went to the jasper game last year, it slowed him down quite a bit, not as much as running straight, by trying cut and things like that
its just that hes soooooo fast, you wouldnt know he slowed down if you hadnt seen him before
lol

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 02:22 AM
sinfan75:
Sinton did every thing they could defensively to slow em down but it's REAL hard to stop that type offense.Kinda like the Southlake offense ain't it?Any how good luck in your run to the Championship.Whoever plays em gonna be runnin their ass off..
Good statement. Sinton had a very fast defense(we didn't want to say it though wink ), but Burnet really shines on running the ball, cuz they can on most any team, and outside defense.
Dang! I AM SUCH A HOMER!!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-004.gif

j_dog
11-29-2003, 02:34 AM
SintonFan
[QB...Sinton had a very fast defense(we didn't want to say it though ....QB]Congratulations Sinton on making it back to the QF! Like Jasper you had to rebuild. Yeah, Jasper also learned last year not to talk about their speed. This year they are SLOW! And little! Just lucky to still be playing football in December. :D

SintonFan
11-29-2003, 03:22 AM
Ya, you're so lucky... hehe
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/huepfen/jumping-smiley-017.gif
keep up with them! You guys will be fine.

Buccaneer
11-29-2003, 04:10 AM
Burnet What did your big sign say? I could see it said, " You made us drive 4 hours but............. I could not read the fine print at the bottom.

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Buccaneer:
Burnet What did your big sign say? I could see it said, " You made us drive 4 hours but............. I could not read the fine print at the bottom.What I saw was; Hill Country Tire (Sponser)
Sinton you made us drive 4 hours but were not tired (tire, get it?) then something about beat Sinton....

Youngs_lil_sis_55
11-29-2003, 01:20 PM
i got a ? wut was up wit the booing comeing from sinton i know it was one thing BUh i dont think it was appropriate to keep booing? eek!

Sintonz_Wrecken
11-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Because of the fact that when shipley was hit it was a fumble and there was a holding penalty that should have been called one a Burnet touchdown right infront of the HEAD ref. and the fact that #3 would continue to block his player way afther the whistle had blown and finally refs decided to call it in the last minute of play when it had been goin on all day.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 03:01 PM
Burnet was razzed all week for crying over the location and such by Sinton, but ironically Sinton is now crying over the refs. See Sinton has those kind too. :p

HotDawg89
11-29-2003, 04:02 PM
sinton 1316:

j_dog:

SINTON81:
I know one thing Shipley is going to be sore tomorrow, he was hammered pretty good and got up hurting several times.Shipley is tough. Against Jasper last year he reportedly was nursing injuries from the Sinton game the week before, but it certainly didn't seem to slow him down.i went to the jasper game last year, it slowed him down quite a bit, not as much as running straight, by trying cut and things like that
its just that hes soooooo fast, you wouldnt know he slowed down if you hadnt seen him before
lolWhat slowed Shipley down last year wasn't from playing against Sinton- it was an ingrown toenail that was VERY infected... it ended up putting him in the hospital a couple of weeks later.

All in all, Sinton was a marvelous team, and they got a couple of really STRONG hits against Shipley. Don't get me wrong- it hurt him I bet- but he is fine today.

I also want to point out that everyone keeps talking about Shipley, but Levens had an INCREDIBLE game yeseterday. He was on it man! Game ball in my opinion, ought to go to him. He is just a stud!

footballjunkie
11-29-2003, 04:07 PM
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive.

HotDawg89
11-29-2003, 04:12 PM
footballjunkie:
when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive.What does the glass jaw and bird thing mean? I guess it is over my head.

As far as not being impressed...You know what they say about opinions huh? :D Honestly, I've seen him play much better games too. Not one of his better efforts, but I assure you he is worthy of Div1. He is headed to UT.

I do, however, agree with you about Sinton being much better than projected. Their defense in the first couple of series was a sweet sight to see. That defense coach knew what he was doing. If they had stuck with it, it would have made for a closer game I think.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 04:18 PM
footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive.Well being statistically the best receiver EVER in the history of Texas high school football, and with 80+ rec. for over 1700 yds this year against constant double coverage and sometimes triple, I don't think anyone cares whether you were impressed with Jordan Shipley or not. Major Colleges from all over the country are mighty impressed. But thanks for your opinion anyway. :) :p :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2003, 04:23 PM
AS FAR AS SHIPLEY NOT BEING IMPRESSIVE DONT THINK MANY PLAYERS IN ANY LEVEL CAN CONSANTLY BEAT DOUBLE COVERAGE, HE DIDNT HAVE A BAD GAME HE JUST WAS NOT GOING TO BEAT SINTON WITH THAT COVERAGE, GAME BALL SHOULD GO TO THE COACH FOR NOT FORCING THE BALL AND INSTEAD LET RB LEVENS TAKE OVER THE SHOW.

Keith7
11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Just wait til they match up with Gainesville

HotDawg89
11-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Keith7:
Just wait til they match up with GainesvilleAhh Keith- you have such a nasty little habit of being a Burnet hater. Nice to see things haven't changed with you.

But I do look foraward to that matchup. I think we will play well against Gainsville, but I think it will be a VERY difficult game- of course that is if things go well against Jasper. :D

HotDawg89
11-29-2003, 04:39 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
AS FAR AS SHIPLEY NOT BEING IMPRESSIVE DONT THINK MANY PLAYERS IN ANY LEVEL CAN CONSANTLY BEAT DOUBLE COVERAGE, HE DIDNT HAVE A BAD GAME HE JUST WAS NOT GOING TO BEAT SINTON WITH THAT COVERAGE, GAME BALL SHOULD GO TO THE COACH FOR NOT FORCING THE BALL AND INSTEAD LET RB LEVENS TAKE OVER THE SHOW.Couldn't have said it better!

jason
11-29-2003, 04:45 PM
HotDawg89:

Keith7:
Just wait til they match up with GainesvilleAhh Keith- you have such a nasty little habit of being a Burnet hater. Nice to see things haven't changed with you.

But I do look foraward to that matchup. I think we will play well against Gainsville, but I think it will be a VERY difficult game- of course that is if things go well against Jasper. :D after seeing gainesville, and yes, they were good, they dont stand a chance against Burnet...Burnet will tear apart g'villes secondary, g'ville's D-line will not get near as much penetration as they did against Forney, Gainesvilles secondary is 10x better than Forneys and will shut down what little of a passing game g'ville has...Gainesville has one good player, Purvey (and he was a LOT better than i thought, i'll admit it) if you stop him, then you stop Gainesvilles offense (just like when he went out injured, they did nothing withoug him), Burnet will do that and win...

Burnet 42
Gainesville 17

Keith7
11-29-2003, 04:54 PM
jason:

HotDawg89:

Keith7:

But I do look foraward to that matchup. I think we will play well against Gainsville, but I think it will be a VERY difficult game- of course that is if things go well against Jasper. :D after seeing gainesville, and yes, they were good, they dont stand a chance against Burnet...Burnet will tear apart g'villes secondary, g'ville's D-line will not get near as much penetration as they did against Forney, Gainesvilles secondary is 10x better than Forneys and will shut down what little of a passing game g'ville has...Gainesville has one good player, Purvey (and he was a LOT better than i thought, i'll admit it) if you stop him, then you stop Gainesvilles offense (just like when he went out injured, they did nothing withoug him), Burnet will do that and win...

Burnet 42
Gainesville 17Can't give any respect to Gainesville can you??

jason
11-29-2003, 04:56 PM
Keith7:

jason:

HotDawg89:

Keith7:

Burnet 42
Gainesville 17Can't give any respect to Gainesville can you??yeah i can, and i did, i said they were good...they beat a good forney team...they just dont have what it takes to beat burnet...

Keith7
11-29-2003, 04:58 PM
jason:

Keith7:

jason:

HotDawg89:

Keith7:

Burnet 42
Gainesville 17Can't give any respect to Gainesville can you??yeah i can, and i did, i said they were good...they beat a good forney team...they just dont have what it takes to beat burnet...I got ya, i guess we'll find out what happens in a couple of weeks, and in an earlier post u said u werent impressed w/ Gainesvilles QB, but he played better then Hanie did

jason
11-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Keith7:

jason:

Keith7:

jason:

HotDawg89:

Keith7:

Burnet 42
Gainesville 17Can't give any respect to Gainesville can you??yeah i can, and i did, i said they were good...they beat a good forney team...they just dont have what it takes to beat burnet...I got ya, i guess we'll find out what happens in a couple of weeks, and in an earlier post u said u werent impressed w/ Gainesvilles QB, but he played better then Hanie didi dont think he did..hanie just got pressured a lot more, your QB fumbled a few times, wasnt a great runner, and is a very below-average passer, i was not impressed with the QB at all...if he throws up prayers agains Burnet like he did Forney then he'll have 18 interceptions... :D

poncho
11-29-2003, 05:53 PM
footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive."not that impressed." Shipley plays both ways,special team and o ya faces double and triple teams most games on offense. Whatever!! He's got the numbers and records. His performance stands on its on merit! :cool: eek!

jason
11-29-2003, 06:00 PM
poncho:

footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive."not that impressed." Shipley plays both ways,special team and o ya faces double and triple teams most games on offense. Whatever!! He's got the numbers and records. His performance stands on its on merit! :cool: eek! he is THAT GOOD...nobody on Gainesville's team can guard him, except MAYBE Purvis, but he only plays RB....

Keith7
11-29-2003, 06:05 PM
jason:

poncho:

footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive."not that impressed." Shipley plays both ways,special team and o ya faces double and triple teams most games on offense. Whatever!! He's got the numbers and records. His performance stands on its on merit! :cool: eek! he is THAT GOOD...nobody on Gainesville's team can guard him, except MAYBE Purvey, but he only plays RB....when did u see him play

Leopards,class of 75
11-29-2003, 06:06 PM
Jason, you must know something......The Gainesville Q.B. had a VERY BAD game Saturday night!!! If you are judging him as a very bad Q.B.after the game against Forney, you would be 100% right!!! But Jason, Chris Brown has had some better games than that one for sure. Going into that game, he has thrown only two int.the whole entire season and has rushed for several yards too. His passes were way off from normal Sat. night but like I said he had a very bad game for him. If he played that bad all year long we would not be where we are right now. If he had a good game the other night the score would have been much different. I am not sure that Gainesville can beat Burnet, but I would not count them out so soon. They have to win next week first and after that we will have to wait and see. Forney is one of the best teams that I seen play in a long time, a class team.

jason
11-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Keith7:

jason:

poncho:

footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive."not that impressed." Shipley plays both ways,special team and o ya faces double and triple teams most games on offense. Whatever!! He's got the numbers and records. His performance stands on its on merit! :cool: eek! he is THAT GOOD...nobody on Gainesville's team can guard him, except MAYBE Purvey, but he only plays RB....when did u see him playi saw the Marlin @ Burnet game earlier in the season...Marlin was without key offensive players and struggling severley, but the Burnet Offense was unstoppable, well unstoppable if you dont count the fumble by the backup QB that was returned for a TD by Marlins Defense...other than that Burnet rolled, and Shipley looked good...

ps: Marlin is 100% better now...

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

jason
11-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
Jason, you must know something......The Gainesville Q.B. had a VERY BAD game Saturday night!!! If you are judging him as a very bad Q.B.after the game against Forney, you would be 100% right!!! But Jason, Chris Brown has had some better games than that one for sure. Going into that game, he has thrown only two int.the whole entire season and has rushed for several yards too. His passes were way off from normal Sat. night but like I said he had a very bad game for him. If he played that bad all year long we would not be where we are right now. If he had a good game the other night the score would have been much different. I am not sure that Gainesville can beat Burnet, but I would not count them out so soon. They have to win next week first and after that we will have to wait and see. Forney is one of the best teams that I seen play in a long time, a class team.yes, i am going on just what i saw friday night...i knew i might be wrong, but i also knew somebody would tell me if i was, and you did, so now i know...

Hot Rod
11-29-2003, 07:57 PM
ALL THE TEAMS LEFT IN THIS FIGHT TO THE END DESERVE MUCH RESPECT THEY DID NOT GET THIS FAR ON A PRAYER NOW IT GETS HARD TO PASS OR RUN AT WILL DOWN TO THE FINAL 4 EVERYBODY WILL HAVE THERE GAME FACE ON IT THE BOYS THAT CAN KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL WITH ALL THE ADDED PRESURE AND WITH BURNET HAVING BEEN HEAR LAST YEAR GIVE THEM A LITTEL EDGE . THE DAWGS ARE GOING TO THE SHOW

20dawgz05
11-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Buccaneer:
Burnet What did your big sign say? I could see it said, " You made us drive 4 hours but............. I could not read the fine print at the bottom.It said....HILL COUNTRY TIRES SAYS U CAN MAKE US DRIVE 4 HRS BUT U CANT TIRE US OUT

20dawgz05
11-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Buccaneer:
Burnet What did your big sign say? I could see it said, " You made us drive 4 hours but............. I could not read the fine print at the bottom.It said....HILL COUNTRY TIRES SAYS U CAN MAKE US DRIVE 4 HRS BUT U CANT TIRE US OUT

SINTON65
11-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Just got my registration approved, but have been reading posts here for awhile. I think that Burnet will do well next week but after seeing only one game of theirs I am not convinced they will take the crown. I don't mean any disrespect though, just need to see more of their games. I think there were some bad calls in the game as well, but at least the penalties that were called weren't too one-sided. I think our boys can hold their heads up high and be proud of making a better run than anyone predicted not just in this game but in the entire season. We'll be back next year!!! Awesome bunch of players and excellent coaching staff!!!! Good luck Burnet in your coming game!

lotus67
11-29-2003, 11:28 PM
You must not have seen all the no calls. several sinton face mask and personals committed and no flags against the Pirates

SINTON65
11-29-2003, 11:39 PM
I didn't say I thought the penalties that were called were the only penalties there were. I saw plenty that should have been called against Burnet that weren't. I said those that were called weren't too one-sided...5 against Burnet for 58 yds. and 4 against Sinton for 40 yds. Not exactly equal but not heavily one way or the other. I think a discussion of whether the calls were all accurate could last for days. Both sides could say the refs did not make the right call on one play or another...doesn't change the outcome of the game. :)

SINTON65
11-29-2003, 11:39 PM
I didn't say I thought the penalties that were called were the only penalties there were. I saw plenty that should have been called against Burnet that weren't. I said those that were called weren't too one-sided...5 against Burnet for 58 yds. and 4 against Sinton for 40 yds. Not exactly equal but not heavily one way or the other. I think a discussion of whether the calls were all accurate could last for days. Both sides could say the refs did not make the right call on one play or another...doesn't change the outcome of the game. :)

SINTON65
11-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Sorry about the double post...the computer must have just been slow and I thought it didn't go through. OOPS! :D

West_Texas _fan
12-01-2003, 12:20 PM
i saw gainsville play and i must say this. gainsville,please don't talk trash about how you are going to beat burnet. you really have no chance.

GETBACKCOACH
12-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Jason,
I listened to Coach Rush on his internet interview and he was very much concerned about the Gainesville QB. His throwing and running scared him. He had a bad night and threw for 160 plus yards and ran for 30. Almost 200 yards of offense. You may need to watch games and not generalize. Gainesville has 7 0r 8 guys on that football team who will play DI football(after they graduate). The #1 you are so down, has official visits for Tulsa, Tech, and Arkansas. He is a quality football player. I hope people don't judge Caleb on his 4-14 performance against such a sorry secondary as you have professed. Also, #7 is going to TCU,Maryland, OSU, Tech, A&M, or Wisconsin, which ever he choses.

jason
12-01-2003, 05:15 PM
GETBACKCOACH:
Jason,
I listened to Coach Rush on his internet interview and he was very much concerned about the Gainesville QB. His throwing and running scared him. He had a bad night and threw for 160 plus yards and ran for 30. Almost 200 yards of offense. You may need to watch games and not generalize. Gainesville has 7 0r 8 guys on that football team who will play DI football(after they graduate). The #1 you are so down, has official visits for Tulsa, Tech, and Arkansas. He is a quality football player. I hope people don't judge Caleb on his 4-14 performance against such a sorry secondary as you have professed. Also, #7 is going to TCU,Maryland, OSU, Tech, A&M, or Wisconsin, which ever he choses.i dont remember #7...but ill believe it when i see your QB sign with a D1 school...hes not good enough or big enough for D1

dawg03
12-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Chris Hart:

footballjunkie:
As an unbiased spectator at the Sinton Burnet game, I have a couple of thoughts. I thought Sinton was much better than projected. They showed that Burnet has a suspect defense in my opinion. If they run into a team that can pass and run the ball then look out. In response to Shipley, not that impressed. I will grant he is quick but when you have a glass jaw you can't run when you have tweety birds flying around your head. Division I player??? Let me know where he is going, I have 4 years of eligibility left. Great game overall. Well worth the drive.Well being statistically the best receiver EVER in the history of Texas high school football, and with 80+ rec. for over 1700 yds this year against constant double coverage and sometimes triple, I don't think anyone cares whether you were impressed with Jordan Shipley or not. Major Colleges from all over the country are mighty impressed. But thanks for your opinion anyway. :) :p :D I agree with Chris. I am sure that Jordan will be whiping the tears out of his eyes for what you said, right before he signs a four year scholarship with a school that is impressed with him! :D

slpybear the bullfan
12-01-2003, 11:52 PM
For the record... I don't think either one of those QBs had good arms. They just throw up a rainbow and let their receiver's speed get them in position to make the catch...

jason
12-02-2003, 12:26 AM
slpybear the bullfan:
For the record... I don't think either one of those QBs had good arms. They just throw up a rainbow and let their receiver's speed get them in position to make the catch...i agree...but at least hanie doesnt throw prayers into triple coverage, he has the ability to put his head down and run...

Old No. 7
12-02-2003, 10:13 AM
j_dog:

SintonFan
[QB...Sinton had a very fast defense(we didn't want to say it though ....QB]Congratulations Sinton on making it back to the QF! Like Jasper you had to rebuild. Yeah, Jasper also learned last year not to talk about their speed. This year they are SLOW! And little! Just lucky to still be playing football in December. :D LOL. K-ville is glad yall are still playing in December too. Thanks Jasper for representing our district so well. :) :)

89Dawg
12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Keith7 and Jason: It will be hilarious if Jasper and Wylie are in the state game. Of course I'm sure your respective coaching staffs aren't looking that far ahead just yet. :D

dawg03
12-02-2003, 12:36 PM
89Dawg:
Keith7 and Jason: It will be hilarious if Jasper and Wylie are in the state game. Of course I'm sure your respective coaching staffs aren't looking that far ahead just yet. :D Might be hilarious.....but wont happen

Wbulldogs
12-02-2003, 12:59 PM
dawg03:

89Dawg:
Keith7 and Jason: It will be hilarious if Jasper and Wylie are in the state game. Of course I'm sure your respective coaching staffs aren't looking that far ahead just yet. :D Might be hilarious.....but wont happenwell if gainsville and burnet are lookin past wylie and jasper like you are then they are in for a long night...

Old Dog
12-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Stranger things have happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwisnews
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Burnet must not like be Ennis on Saturday. We all thought they would go and roll onto state, but losts to Highland Park. I know Burnet won't be prideful.