PDA

View Full Version : Another NFL Player Arrested

rancher
06-29-2013, 02:28 PM
This is getting out of hand another arrest. I hope the League Comes down hard on these guys or will boys be boys. Top this with the lastest on Aaron Hernandez story about the car being found at his Uncles home that was used in the 2012 murders. Here is link

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/another-nfl-player-arrested-league-nightmare-week-continues-165603104.html

Roughneck93
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
That would make around 27 arrests so far this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/30/nfl-says-one-arrest-is-too-many-totaling-27-too-many-this-year/

Additup
06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
The FBI estimated the arrest rate for 2011 at just under 4 percent —four people for every 100 were arrested that year. For the same calendar year, 48 of about 1,700 players on NFL active rosters were arrested for a rate of 2.8 percent...

Professional entertainers have been getting arrested long before this and will keep getting arrested as long as there are laws to break.

lostaussie
07-01-2013, 08:07 AM
The FBI estimated the arrest rate for 2011 at just under 4 percent —four people for every 100 were arrested that year. For the same calendar year, 48 of about 1,700 players on NFL active rosters were arrested for a rate of 2.8 percent...

Professional entertainers have been getting arrested long before this and will keep getting arrested as long as there are laws to break.I heard the exact same thing on M&M the other day. Way more publicity but the pecentage is below the national average and way below the national average of men ages 24 to 35. Yes there are some thugs in the NFL.............but for the most part they are good guys.

waterboy
07-01-2013, 08:53 AM
It just goes to show that making good money doesn't always change the thought process of some people. You would think that these people would appreciate things more considering where the majority of them began. I guess some people just can't handle the sudden life-changing event of running into big money as well as others. Counseling would be a huge step for those who have trouble adjusting to the sudden change in lifestyle.

Additup
07-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Coming into money doesn't change who you are - it amplifies who you are.
A NFL rookie symposium with a 90 minute lecture ain't gonna undo a lifetime of upbringing.
Those with ears will hear and most entertainers have mouths not ears.

Saggy Aggie
07-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Additip makes a great point. I'd love to see ranchers response

waterboy
07-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Coming into money doesn't change who you are - it amplifies who you are.
A NFL rookie symposium with a 90 minute lecture ain't gonna undo a lifetime of upbringing.
Those with ears will hear and most entertainers have mouths not ears.

I'll have to agree with you on this. I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. A lifetime of upbringing cannot be changed in any 90-minute lecture. It's sad, but it's true. I'm pretty sure that big money has changed a few of them, but for the most part, they won't be changed.

Txbroadcaster
07-01-2013, 11:35 AM
The FBI rate is for a year...it is 27 arrest since SB...that is a problem

Emerson1
07-01-2013, 11:38 AM
The FBI rate is for a year...it is 27 arrest since SB...that is a problem

Especially when a lot of them are DUIs and the players can afford or have free car service.