PDA

View Full Version : Working on my Div. II 7 on 7 Pre-Tournament Rankings

Matthew328
06-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Celina will be #1..after that top five will be Graham, Burnet, Stephenville, Carthage.

From there some of the other squads who look pretty strong are: Gilmer, Ingleside, Houston Kinkaid, Navasota, Jasper, Somerset

Weebe
06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Celina will be #1..after that top five will be Graham, Burnet, Stephenville, Carthage.

From there some of the other squads who look pretty strong are: Gilmer, Ingleside, Houston Kinkaid, Navasota, Jasper, Somerset

Saw Stephenville, Carthage, Ingleside and Somerset in the playoffs last year.

I'd rank them as:

Stephenville
Ingleside
Carthage
Somerset

Ingleside had some surprisingly good athletes and their QB was accurate. A little moreso than Carthage's IMO.

Matthew328
06-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Saw Stephenville, Carthage, Ingleside and Somerset in the playoffs last year.

I'd rank them as:

Stephenville
Ingleside
Carthage
Somerset

Ingleside had some surprisingly good athletes and their QB was accurate. A little moreso than Carthage's IMO.

Carthage brings back literally everyone on offense...just by default thats gonna mean a lot...esp considering they haven't lost a game this summer....Stephenville's skill kids are still a little unproven

Ville-D
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Carthage brings back literally everyone on offense...just by default thats gonna mean a lot...esp considering they haven't lost a game this summer....Stephenville's skill kids are still a little unproven

All of our skill kids have been playing summer baseball and basketball. We have not been full strength since the first 2 tournaments and first week of league play. That first week in Springtown we were still getting everything figured out. We will be full strength tonight in league play in Aledo. Starts at 6.

Also, out new frosh RB will be playing with the varsity tonight.

We have not earned a #1 ranking going into the tourney, but after the loss last year... I believe that we will win.

I wish our pool could be Graham, Burnet, Stephenville & Carthage. Then Celina in the finals.

hollywood
06-25-2013, 11:36 AM
FYI... talked to a coach yesterday... says there will not be much of a drop in the level of WR's play. Several that can flat out catch. Stidham will place the ball where he needs. With The frosh RB playing, look out. Kid can catch and has speed. Looking for a solid performance from Sville at the S7on7T!

Weebe
06-25-2013, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure which receivers Ingleside lost, but I was judging them by their QB's accuracy vs Carthage's. Carthage would obviously beat them in an 11 man game because of their line play.

Stephenville's offensive execution is on an entirely different level than any of the others.

Matthew328
06-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I never said Stephenville didnt have talent...but nonetheless they are unproven...doing it in league play counts for something, doing it in a SQT is a little tougher, next test would be State 7 on 7, then the final exam will be when the pads come on.

As for 7 on 7, Stephenville has one of the best in the state...that's gonna count for a lot....they could easily win it all in Round Rock in two weeks..

hollywood
06-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I never said Stephenville didnt have talent...but nonetheless they are unproven...doing it in league play counts for something, doing it in a SQT is a little tougher, next test would be State 7 on 7, then the final exam will be when the pads come on.

As for 7 on 7, Stephenville has one of the best in the state...that's gonna count for a lot....they could easily win it all in Round Rock in two weeks..

Right on!

Matthew328
06-25-2013, 05:19 PM
forgot to say one of the best QBs in the state...somehow left that off...too much bumping around on this plane

Ville-D
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM

Just a reminder we did beat Celina in the Arlington Bowie tournament. (coin flip)

hollywood
06-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Any results from league play tonight Ville-D?

Ville-D
06-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Posted here: http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1402.0

Lost to Aledo
Won over Azle

Yoe_09
06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
This is a little off topic, but when do the pools usually get posted? I thought it was that Saturday (the 6th) before the tourney started on Thursday, but was not sure.

Cam
06-26-2013, 04:16 PM
This is a little off topic, but when do the pools usually get posted? I thought it was that Saturday (the 6th) before the tourney started on Thursday, but was not sure.

....well, this is a little off topic as well, but I love stuffed camel!.......http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/worlds-largest-meal-stuffed-camel

BEAST
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
....well, this is a little off topic as well, but I love stuffed camel!.......http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/worlds-largest-meal-stuffed-camel

LOL!! Where do you come up with this stuff??

BEAST

Ville-D
06-26-2013, 04:37 PM

BEAST

He is an editor at the National Enquirer (TX Hill Country HS Sports Division or TXHCHSSD for short...)

Ville-D
06-26-2013, 04:38 PM

BEAST

Were you at the Tarleton SQT?

bobcat1
06-26-2013, 06:34 PM

BEAST

:hand: you don't really want to know Beast.

Cam
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
He is an editor at the National Enquirer (TX Hill Country HS Sports Division or TXHCHSSD for short...)

....actually, I left that gig bout a year ago....I am now Chief Editor of "The Weekly World Newts But Only In The Hill Country Not Really The Whole World" publication.......how do you think I know so much about them Stephenville UFO's?......:crazy1:

BEAST
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Were you at the Tarleton SQT?

No sir. I was a school board conference and was unable to be at that one.

BEAST

BEAST
06-27-2013, 01:39 PM
....actually, I left that gig bout a year ago....I am now Chief Editor of "The Weekly World Newts But Only In The Hill Country Not Really The Whole World" publication.......how do you think I know so much about them Stephenville UFO's?......:crazy1:

So you work for TWWNBOITHCNRTWW?

BEAST

Cam
06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
So you work for TWWNBOITHCNRTWW?

BEAST

Yes!...but we just call it "The Newts" for short.......:thumbsup:

FB-fanatic
06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Tied Waco Midway 1 tonight in the last game of league play for the summer.... or ever.