PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbell's Texas Football Gleanings

Phantom Stang
06-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Three of Sweetwater's preseason opponents, Eastland, Wall, and Brownwood, are picked to win their respective Districts.

Go ahead and post your own. It doesn't necessarily have to be about your own team, or Class 3A for that matter. Just random tidbits in the magazine that you find interesting.

Cam
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Three of Sweetwater's preseason opponents, Eastland, Wall, and Brownwood, are picked to win their respective Districts.

Go ahead and post your own. It doesn't necessarily have to be about your own team, or Class 3A for that matter. Just random tidbits in the magazine that you find interesting.

....DCTF got the Brownwood pick all wrong!....:stirpot:

BEAST
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM

Negative Cam. Remember, yall have a Brownwood Lion as your HC/AD.

BEAST

Cam
06-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Negative Cam. Remember, yall have a Brownwood Lion as your HC/AD.

BEAST

yeah, but he got himself a blood transfusion....bleeds green now....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I haven't gotten my copy of "The Bible" just yet. I'll pick one up after I come back from New Orleans on Thursday.

BEAST
06-24-2013, 04:24 PM
yeah, but he got himself a blood transfusion....bleeds green now....

Not true. Only Villeites can bleed green. Here is how I know, it take yellow and blue to make green, and the aliens they have are green.

BEAST

panfan
06-24-2013, 04:43 PM

correctomundo - LH is going to win district his year. We had some brainfarts last season. Namely during the burnet, brownwood, and giddings games. Those won't happen again this year. I said it here first. Mark it down! :D

Cam
06-24-2013, 04:53 PM
correctomundo - LH is going to win district his year. We had some brainfarts last season. Namely during the burnet, brownwood, and giddings games. Those won't happen again this year. I said it here first. Mark it down! :D

I knew you'd come out from the shadows of the Downlow!......hey, ya think LHPFactory ever returned that purple paint!....:spitlol:

panfan
06-24-2013, 05:06 PM
I knew you'd come out from the shadows of the Downlow!......hey, ya think LHPFactory ever returned that purple paint!....:spitlol:

Naw - factory bleeds purple and craps gold - he's got 4 little factories running around (well 3 and fish this year) - so he's probably already painted his house purple since he is in it for the long haul!!!

ronwx5x
06-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Stephenville has not lost to a 3A team since 2010!

FB-fanatic
06-24-2013, 06:09 PM
http://s24.postimg.org/umpel12b9/Money_Players.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
windows 7 screenshot (http://postimage.org/app.php)

At least they quite calling him an "oxe".....

defense51
06-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Stephenville has not lost to a 3A team since 2010!

I think it happens this year, on their home field too!

defense51
06-24-2013, 06:24 PM

And the district 7-3A pick wrong too, Indians are gonna steal a little honey from the beehive this year!

toddg
06-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Naw - factory bleeds purple and craps gold - he's got 4 little factories running around (well 3 and fish this year) - so he's probably already painted his house purple since he is in it for the long haul!!!

Somebody say...PURPLE!!!!!

defense51
06-24-2013, 09:21 PM
somebody say...purple!!!!!

purple reign!!!

CTS
06-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Seven of La Marque's regular season opponents last year made the playoffs. Six of them played in the second round. DCTF is projecting 8 of the 10 to be playoff teams this season.

cookiemonster
06-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Derek Kiser from Burnet has to be one of the top QB's not only in 3A but in the entire state!! Not sure who coaches him at Burnet but he looks to be one of the most polished QB's for 2013!!

hollywood
06-24-2013, 10:28 PM
purple reign!!!

:spitlol:

defense51
06-24-2013, 10:43 PM
:spitlol:
Admit it Hollywood, you like the Purple Reign. :evilgrin:

Cam
06-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Admit it Hollywood, you like the Purple Reign. :evilgrin:

.....and I like grape soda!......

Cam
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Derek Kiser from Burnet has to be one of the top QB's not only in 3A but in the entire state!! Not sure who coaches him at Burnet but he looks to be one of the most polished QB's for 2013!!

Cookiemonster, don't I know you?....I agree, Derek is going to have a great year!.....I've been watchin' the boys work real hard in the Speed Killz program......So far, I like what I see with Speed Killz.....I know my boy likes it..Says it's hard and is learning a lot about different types of exercises......First couple of days several of them incoming 7th & 8th lost their breakfast!.....:ack!:.

Phantom Stang
06-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Looks like this feller gleaned a lot!:D

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Preseason fever
June 24, 2013
Area preps receive prominent mention from Texas Football;Blackwell in Top 10
By
Ron Howell
sweetwatersports1@yahoo.com

The latest edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine not only spotlights a handful of area high school players but also ranks one Nolan County school in its preseason Top 10 poll.
Sweetwater quarterback Kaegan Jeffrey — who threw for 2,089 yards and 19 touchdowns as a sophomore — and Blackwell running back Jayden Jones — who ran for 1,910 yards and 30 touchdowns as a junior — have been chosen by the magazine as the preseason Offensive MVPs in District 4-3A and District 8, Division II Six-Man, respectively.
Jeffrey and Jones are also among Nolan County’s athletes who are returning stat leaders in their districts.
Texas Football also in-cludes Roscoe’s pass-throwing combination in District 7-1A, Division II of quarter-back Matthew Davila and receiver Shelton Toliver, in addition to Highland running back Michael Hyde (1,055, 14 TDs) in District 7 Six-Man, Division I.
Jones’ 2012 rushing total ranks as the seventh highest among this year’s returning six-man players and Hyde ranks 29th among returnees, while Jeffrey is one of just 15 returning players in Class 3A to throw for at least 2,000 yards last year.
Blackwell, meanwhile, is No. 10 in Texas Football magazine’s six-man preseason poll for Division II.
The Hornets return four offensive and five defensive starters, including all-region picks Jones, Mason Magness, Ted Chambliss and Franck Cano, from a 5-6 team that ended a four-year playoff drought in 2012. The Hornets and district favorite Robert Lee (No. 9) are both picked in the state’s top 10.
Sweetwater, which last made the playoffs in 2008, is picked to finish fourth in District 4-3A this year and if the prediction holds up, the Mustangs would get into the playoffs. For the first time, four teams from each Class 3A district will advance to the playoffs.
Other returning all-district players are receiver-defensive back Kaleb Hoover, receiver Bray Amos, defensive back Isaiah McGee, offensive linemen Angel Caballero, Andrew Davis and Kendall Rea, defensive end Daven Alvarez and linebackers Ty Davis and Stephen May. Amos (50 catches, 652 yards) and Hoover (38, 562) were first team all-district as was McGee (56 tackles). Jeffrey was chosen co-newcomer of the year in the district.
Sweetwater was 4-6 over-all and 2-3 in district this past season.
Roscoe is picked fifth in eight-team District 7-1A, D-II after going 2-8 a year ago, a slight improvement over its 0-10 mark in 2011. Other all-district returnees are linebacker Vincent Pantoja, who as a freshman was the district co-defensive newcomer of the year; receivers Jesus Leanos, Esteban Benivamondez and Zack Longoria; safeties Kevin Lavalais and Luke Rovig; and linemen Chase Cathey, Anthony Ortegon, Domonic Pantoja and Rafael Pantoja. Leanos was also an all-district selection as a defensive back.
Highland is picked third in four-team District 7 Six-Man. In addition to Hyde, all-district returnees include fullback-defensive lineman Shelby Howard, receiver-lineman Gaga Soedarsono and spread back-safety Ethan Wilson. Hyde was also an all-district linebacker and kicker for Highland (5-5, 0-3 district in 2012).

http://sweetwaterreporter.com/content/preseason-fever

BullDawgDad
07-16-2013, 10:45 AM

He has attended a few camps this summer and he has always got some instruction from Stephen McGee when he is in town. Had a great 7on7 season this summer. Really made huge strides this summer and is clicking very well with his receiving corp.